Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Java Derby-network Server Issues - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Java Derby-network Server Issues (1073 Views)

Help! Problem With Java Derby / How Can Do This On A Java Derby Resultset / How Can I Perform A Batch Insert On Java Derby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Java Derby-network Server Issues by Danyl(m): 7:14am On Aug 27, 2013
Pls house am just through wt an application that uses java derby as the back end and I used the Network server driver but when u made d previous version of the same application with the embedded driver it worked well and the database always run as I want but this new version is not starting the database server. I have tried to change the directory of my database both in the persistence.xml file n d network sever classes that is supposed to start the database programstically but the database is not starting the only error that kept bn logged is that the signer signature information of the ClientDriver class does not match the signer information in the same package
What could be the cause of this problem
Here us the code I used foe the networkserver:

NetworkServer ntw=new NetworkServer(IneAddress.getByName("localhost"wink,1527);
ntw.start(null);

Though I put d database in the dist folder m I created d .exe executable for d software so wen I load d executable d database dont
Always start.
Re: Java Derby-network Server Issues by naijaswag1: 10:31am On Aug 27, 2013
If only you wrote in plain and clear English, your problem would be solved.
Re: Java Derby-network Server Issues by Danyl(m): 2:59pm On Aug 27, 2013
naija_swag: If only you wrote in plain and clear English, your problem would be solved.
plain english? ok
my java derby db is not starting outside d IDE when I run d program through netbeans it works fine but when I double click d executable I generated for it d db is not starting. I have done justice to classpath issues but tgd error I kept on encountering is d ' "clientDriver" signer information does not match the signer information of other classes in d same package'
Re: Java Derby-network Server Issues by javadoctor(m): 9:44pm On Aug 27, 2013
It essential for a programmer to be able to configure their application out the box,the IDE is just for development,in the real world u hv to deploy outside an IDE.reason why is that d IDE has custom setup for any framework you are using. since Oracle bought java,derby comes with jdk. I would save u the boiler plate stress involved. Open command prompt type java -version, it should give u a report on ur java installed version, after that,type sysinfo,if ur derby documentation doesn't show up ,it means ur derby classpath isn't setup properly,also type ij or dblook, apparently the commands might nt be recognized. So setup ur System variable Path's classpath as this

C:\program files\java\jdk 7\bin;C:\program files\java\jdk 7\db\bin

And ur DERBY_HOME as
C:\program files\java\jdk 7\db

The semi colon is to ensure u can add more than one cp attribute,on command type "startNetworkServer" which uses ur derbyClient driver
U are good to go.

Nb: check.the bin directory to know familiar cmds that are possible
Re: Java Derby-network Server Issues by Danyl(m): 9:33am On Aug 28, 2013
thanks very much guys I already located where d problem. I copied some derby jar files from d jdk java derby directory n some from my lib folder which I packaged wt my app. that is y its not loading d clientdriver.

(1) (Reply)

Html And CSS Project Work / BADDASS HACKING Ebook, A DO-IT-YOURSELF Guide. / How To Host Laravel 5.3 Application On Shared Hosting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.