Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

A House Under 2 Million Naira? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / A House Under 2 Million Naira? (7527 Views)

Built 2 Bedroom Flat And A Shop In Abuja With 2 Million Naira In Abuja / Cost Of Wiring A House. / A House Under 2 Miilion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A House Under 2 Million Naira? by faliowino(m): 4:31pm On Jun 11, 2008
A House Under 2 Miilion?
« on: Today at 04:08:41 PM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hi all i've been very curious about a big business that will require some effort, a huge investment and the returns will be fantastic so somthing came to mind resently and before i go fully into my research i will like to sample your opinion.its a housing thing where with minimum capaital u build house and sell only this time it will not be the normal house,the hoses will be built with cargo containers completely before u say im not serious check the picture below. all i need is to sample opinions to know if it will be acceptable to nigerians what if it could go for 2million naira and below.i will also welcome suggestions on this thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

img_216_full%20horz[1].jpg (52.7 KB, 500x375 )

Re: A House Under 2 Million Naira? by naijacutee(f): 9:25pm On Jun 11, 2008
Interesting concept but is it practical to live in an aluminium house in a country with temperatures as high as 34degrees? Are there measures in place to offset the heat problem?
Re: A House Under 2 Million Naira? by cartonflie(m): 9:28pm On Jun 11, 2008
hey i will think about it
Re: A House Under 2 Million Naira? by dudu19(m): 2:34am On Jun 12, 2008
I dont see your concept working due to the very high temprature in africa, tell it to the eskimos and you are in for a good investment.
Re: A House Under 2 Million Naira? by faliowino(m): 8:30am On Jun 12, 2008
naijacutee:

Interesting concept but is it practical to live in an aluminium house in a country with temperatures as high as 34degrees? Are there measures in place to offset the heat problem?
faliowino:

A House Under 2 Miilion?
« on: Today at 04:08:41 PM »
dudu19 link=topic=141413.msg2362567#msg2362567 date=1213234477:

I don't see your concept working due to the very high temprature in africa, tell it to the eskimos and you are in for a good investment.
[/quote
well thanks for your opinion but lets take a look at the interior try and focus on the thicknes of the interior wall by from the window.by the way this was built by an engineer i am trying to contact in canada and he lives in it with his family.

Re: A House Under 2 Million Naira? by faliowino(m): 8:35am On Jun 12, 2008
well thanks for your opinion but lets take a look at the interior try and focus on the thicknes of the interior wall(insulation from hot and cold climate) by from the window.by the way this was built by an engineer i am trying to contact in canada and he lives in it with his family.

Re: A House Under 2 Million Naira? by faliowino(m): 8:42am On Jun 12, 2008
a prototype for better view of the whole house

Re: A House Under 2 Million Naira? by naijacutee(f): 3:05pm On Jun 12, 2008
@ faliowino. Your pictures certainly look nice but the question is would it feel nice if you were in Africa? I would suggest devising a way to combat the heat, ,and testing it out in a couple of units in Nigeria for say, about a year (So as to experience rain, harmattan, heat etc). After then, you can make changes/proceed depending on your outcome.
Re: A House Under 2 Million Naira? by landis(m): 4:04pm On Jun 12, 2008
This is nothing for Nigerians.

We are too proud a people.

Abuse/Jokes will not let you survive in that house.

Remember, there were wooden houses that was well done in the 80s: it became a joke:

O si o da ni ile Pako
grin cheesy grin
Re: A House Under 2 Million Naira? by dudu19(m): 12:54am On Jun 13, 2008
I dont have to repeat myself, I'm a building service engineer i live in the uk and it can only work in the cold region. I know of container built accomodations before now, in fact there is a new development made of containers its about ten storeys high located in Uxbridge middlesex UK and there's still a concern of heat during summer.
Re: A House Under 2 Million Naira? by BAC: 12:21pm On Jun 16, 2008
also you need to check governement regulations in nigeria. You don't want your customers having problem after the sales. Nigerians love when you do things wrong and the use that as a long standing event to extract money from you
Re: A House Under 2 Million Naira? by ololade34(f): 2:13pm On Jun 16, 2008
I personally don't think this concept will work in Nigeria, i don't see someone spending N2 million naira or even N1 million naira cash on it as i don't think it would be mortgagable, anyone one that can afford such amount will invest in bricks and mortar instead, remember there are bungalows and flats that goes roughly for that amount.
Re: A House Under 2 Million Naira? by faliowino(m): 6:30pm On Jun 16, 2008
ololade34:

I personally don't think this concept will work in Nigeria, i don't see someone spending N2 million naira of even N1 million naira cash on it as i don't think it would be mortgagable, anyone one that can afford such amount will invest in in bricks and mortar instead, remember there are bungalows and flats that goes roughly for that amount.
[/quote

its a pity i cant post what people i told one on one are saying but on this i tend to disagree. by the way this idea may never get trashed as i might have wanted it to because the moderator keeps deleting some posts i wonder why, all the post above except the first post were removed during the weekend then again somone posted somthing which i replied to both are not here again or am i cotravening some rules?
Re: A House Under 2 Million Naira? by princeonx: 9:51pm On Jun 16, 2008
Any nonsense connection, electric go finish you and your family!
Re: A House Under 2 Million Naira? by blacksta(m): 10:10pm On Jun 16, 2008
prince_onx:

Any nonsense connection, electric go finish you and your family!

LMAO - very pessimistic opinion - what about the heat the person and the family go just to roasted corn .
Re: A House Under 2 Million Naira? by cartonflie(m): 8:14pm On Jul 09, 2008
oga/madam
i did not say think about it? did u see wat PHCN has been coursing? i believe obaseki is ur br i no he has a hand in it, pls do talk to him OR!!! angry
Re: A House Under 2 Million Naira? by thirdeye(m): 10:43pm On Jul 10, 2008
@poster,

I feel soo happy when I see people that are thinking and creating solutions like this.
Great minds always takes this kind of steps,  I WANT TO TELL YOU CATEGORICALLY THAT IT WILL WORK.
There is a problem which you are trying to solve go ahead with your research.
Just because the stuff is made of aluminium is not enough to throw away such a laudable idea. Don't forget we are in a scientific age where all problems  gravitates to a solution, by then somebody will say is an invention.
You are not going to be exposed to aluminium straightaway there are millions of ways to reduce heat, and there are thousands of insulating materials you can use also. There are GLASSES THAT ARE STRONGER THAN STEEL it just depends on what you are going to use them for. Just talk to the guy about the issue of heat raised here, and you will be surprised how the guy will laugh at you. 
Now let come down to Lagos, people are living under bridges, some are living on top of water and some are sleeping in the market, don't forget there are people using CONTAINERS as there house, they are not dead yet. These are the people that you are trying to help and the society at large.
This research will help solve the problem of housing in the urban area, infact I have started seeing myself getting one erected in my area and next two years I will only have to dismantle it when more money comes then I can move it to another area of my choice may be adding one or two things to it. REM DMT MOBILE TOILETS ,if you had ever read the guy's story nobody he told believed it will work but what happened? it worked.
So my brother if you shelve this idea you have, in five years time somebody will work on it and he will be successful.
Don't be discouraged, continue with your research and find ways to solve issues raised and find a way to make it more affordable. IT WILL WORK.
Re: A House Under 2 Million Naira? by ololade34(f): 11:31pm On Jul 10, 2008
@ poster

I didn't mean to sound negative about your business idea but i believe you posted the topic for research purposes, my reply is just my own point of view. In theory, it's an excellent idea that sounds like it might work,  but looking at it from a business point of view one needs to consider the target market which probably would be of course people with very low income, i can't see them being able to afford this container houses (they certainly don't come cheap), personally i still think it won't work but just like thirdeye suggested, it could work, you'll need to research the market tthoroughly before venturing into it, God bless.
Re: A House Under 2 Million Naira? by erico2k2(m): 3:33pm On Jul 11, 2008
Hey guys, let this guy land before una kill  am, now, I can see that the majority of the house are sceptical of the heat situation, now he might decide to use someother materials to build it, however,between heating a house and cooling a house, which is hardest? heating is more expensive, now if people can heat a whole city, why  do you guys think its a big problem cooling few units of houses,, Dear Poster, there is a program here in the Uk about Housing called grand Design,I watch it a lot when I get the time to,in one episode, I saw an underground cooling system built in one of the houses and its a natural cooling system,I will get the ilustration and post it here OK, just don't have it now at the moment,Everyone plz remain positive,Big things Na gwan in our  New Country get in the right click and you will feel it.
Re: A House Under 2 Million Naira? by lucabrasi(m): 9:21pm On Jul 13, 2008
@poster
i give you a lot of props for this wonderful innovation,pls i beg you in GODS name dont let the negative comments deter you from going at it,in an economy where dangote dictates the price of building materials and where people hold on to a land for years without money to build,this will be a wonderful thing,like someone said i think you should try it out and see what it ll be like with the heat in nigeria thoug im sure if one can get that for 2 million or less then buying a split aircondition wont be an issue, think about skylights and cabin windows to let in more air and pls update on your progress and dont be dettered its people like you the nigerian economy needs

1 Like

Re: A House Under 2 Million Naira? by faliowino(m): 8:34am On Jul 14, 2008
hello people been a long time sorry i finally got intouch with the guy in canada extract of our conversation

I am currently in discussions with a gentleman who has the very same
ambition, as you in Nigeria. We are looking at the technical issues
and have some ideas about how to deal with the temperature challenges.
I imagine an alliance between interested parties would be a benefit to
all of us. I am going to forward your information onto him. You can
expect a contact from him soon and perhaps we can continue this
conversation altogether

more update coming up
Re: A House Under 2 Million Naira? by erico2k2(m): 2:43pm On Jul 14, 2008
hey guys check this article, hope it helps

http://www.unexplainable.net/artman/publish/article_1180.shtml
Re: A House Under 2 Million Naira? by nehhymayya(m): 3:59pm On Jul 14, 2008
am an architect and have been in the affordable housing delivery business for a while now. Some of the critical issues when discussing low cost housing delivery are issues like access to land; very critical as u wont float ur house in the air. Does the 2m price include the cost of land? Also ur picture indicates a story building, here we understand buildings in terms of the number of bedrooms b it single-floor or multi-floor development. so how many bedrooms do u have in mind for that asking price? Infrastructure is critical to the price of real estate: i mean roads,drains,electicity,water supply etc and they account for about 30% of the cost of real estate, u have to factor in that.
Laymen and uninformed proffessionals believe the cost of buildings is all about the price of cement. If one can get a cement based development for about 2M, it will be difficult justifying ur cost in the near total absence of cement in ur proposed building as i c frm the fotos. some of us know however that there are several underlying cost centers in a building development other than cement.
As regards the thermal issues raised, i believe they can b addressed technically quite easily. Essentially tropical house proposals must rely on natural ventillation. Then ther are various non-mechanical thermal/lagging materials. Find out about them since u must know that we are expecting power only by 2020 or so.all in all its laudable, so keep up the good work.
Re: A House Under 2 Million Naira? by dankofa: 4:04pm On Jul 14, 2008
I share ur view landis, its a nice concept but we Nigerians are too proud. No Nigerian that can afford N2M would live in such a place. Those who wouldn't mind obviously don't have dat kind of cash to spend.
Re: A House Under 2 Million Naira? by youngmill(m): 6:30pm On Jul 14, 2008
Some people are ignoring what the poster said.
He said its a business venture and he expect high returns. How are the
people with low income be able to afford this. And let not forget this is
not a government initiative program, the poster obviously expect high returns.
Come on guy let be honest with ourselves, will anybody in the house pay 2million
for such a house? The idea of course is very possible but might not be profitable
Re: A House Under 2 Million Naira? by lucabrasi(m): 1:04pm On Jul 15, 2008
@poster
like the comment before mine,i too think the 2million price tag is abit out of the range of the average to lower cadre of nigerians who realistically will be interested in this laudable venture,dont expect multi millionaires or above average class to be interested,you know what we nigerians are with ego and status symbol,no one will want to go that route if they can afford 2 million naira which will build and finish a standard bungalow, so i think u should factor that in
btw is the 2 million with the land as well and all inclusive?
Re: A House Under 2 Million Naira? by lagbaja(m): 4:17pm On Jan 26, 2009
It is a brilliant idea, and it will definitely work. You can consider building the houses with wood instead of metal containers. Most residentials in US and OK are built of wood. You can consider siting it as hostels in any academic environment.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Post Service Housing Kurudu Abuja. / Are Looking For Dredging Sites Where Quality Sharp Sand Is Available? / Westwood Park 2 Estate Ajah With C Of O 12m. (2plots attract 50 bags of cement)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.