Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,656 members, 7,827,421 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. - Phones (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. (423140 Views)

GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. / Gionee Pioneer P3 discussion thread / Gionee Pioneer P2 Rooting And Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by luckshine: 11:03am On Nov 06, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
gp2 and tp5 which should I go for Cos I'm confuse
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by haryourcute: 11:13am On Nov 06, 2013
jakesund:

I will try to upload my recovery. IMG for u to install with mobileuncle smiley

nah you I dey wait for
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Ologunsunny: 11:25am On Nov 06, 2013
Ologunsunny: finally am part of the gionee p2 owner am so happy
pls should i drain the battery before charging or i should charge it before use
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by nani667: 11:38am On Nov 06, 2013
Ologunsunny: pls should i drain the battery before charging or i should charge it before use
drain the battery first...
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Warlord3000(m): 11:44am On Nov 06, 2013
Ologunsunny: pls should i drain the battery before charging or i should charge it before use

To me it doesn't matter..

Lithium ion battery no be like other batteries..

The more u charge the better it gets.

Though running the battery down to zero once in a while is OK so as to de calibrate it..

U can use it immediately or charge.. E no matter
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Ologunsunny: 11:55am On Nov 06, 2013
Warlord3000:

To me it doesn't matter..

Lithium ion battery no be like other batteries..

The more u charge the better it gets.

Though running the battery down to zero once in a while is OK so as to de calibrate it..

U can use it immediately or charge.. E no matter
tanx for ur reply i realy appreciate it
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 06, 2013
nani.666:

there's no way to solve your lag issues without rooting... root your device, uninstall the stock launcher and install a better one...and you can install some RAM optimizing apps....
DON'T EVER REMOVE THE DEFAULT LAUNCHER 4RM SYSTEM/APP
U CAN REMOVE THE GO LAUNCHER....

Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Engineer2447: 12:13pm On Nov 06, 2013
uceee: You have to download the latest version here: www.forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2130276 and follow the simple steps to install it and root your phone.

The link is broken, pls fix and repost it. Thanks
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by born2boink(m): 12:22pm On Nov 06, 2013
The link is not going
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Dibangoking(m): 1:26pm On Nov 06, 2013
buchito1: D BBM problem wud be from d network.... Try using a clear 3G network nd try again... As for d internet sub, u cud try airtel 2 gig, for 1k5... Enjoy man!
could you help sending the procedure?
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by evergreen247: 2:03pm On Nov 06, 2013
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by e2nuoluwa(f): 2:07pm On Nov 06, 2013
shocked shocked
gioneerp2:

Oops, I was too busy observing your lack of intelligence and the naive tendency to jump into ignorant conclusions.
shocked
gioneerp2:

Oops, I was too busy observing your lack of intelligence and the naive tendency to jump into ignorant conclusions.
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by evergreen247: 2:08pm On Nov 06, 2013
uceee: Abeg I still dey wait una response.
Nova launcher is best for 512 ram.
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Geniusvic(m): 3:18pm On Nov 06, 2013
Godvilla: LINK HAS BEEN FIXED smiley

Thanks
What the hell?! Is there a bug on nairaland that breaks links cos the new one is broken as well
There's one I downloaded yesterday for MT6589 though, will it wrk as well?
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by uceee(m): 3:43pm On Nov 06, 2013
Engineer2447:

The link is broken, pls fix and repost it. Thanks
Link fixed.
evergreen247: Nova launcher is best for 512 ram.
Thanks man.
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Sunymoore(m): 3:51pm On Nov 06, 2013
Guys wlh install that Rom and forget about everything lag. The phone run like it's on snapdragon 800 chip with 2gig ram. Please who use xpose installer on his device here

1 Like

Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Engineer2447: 4:58pm On Nov 06, 2013
Sunymoore: Guys wlh install that Rom and forget about everything lag. The phone run like it's on snapdragon 800 chip with 2gig ram. Please who use xpose installer on his device here

Please how? Do I need to Root the phone before using it?
Pls help, what app are you using to curb that lag? Where can we download it?
Thanks in advance
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by sindrek(m): 5:04pm On Nov 06, 2013
pls any one using Airtel bis here, dial *440*16# the r saying its an invalid request pls guys help
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Sunymoore(m): 5:25pm On Nov 06, 2013
Engineer2447:

Please how? Do I need to Root the phone before using it?
Pls help, what app are you using to curb that lag? Where can we download it?
Thanks in advance
You don't need to root, check page 100-104 for the primo f2 rom and follow the procedures. Pc is much required
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 06, 2013
Geniusvic:
Thanks
What the hell?! Is there a bug on nairaland that breaks links cos the new one is broken as well
There's one I downloaded yesterday for MT6589 though, will it wrk as well?
YES, IT WILL WORK

Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by evergreen247: 5:45pm On Nov 06, 2013
gioneerp2: It's great to see that so many of you who ran into glitches while using your P2 or even bricked it managed to fix their phone using the Walton Primo F2 stock rom. But I understand that the instructions given in the rom's download page are somewhat outdated and might cause confusion. So I'm putting up a detailed step-by-step installation guide right here for you all smiley

Here's what you need, to begin with : 1. A Gionee P2 with more than 50% charge (less will do but try and be safe), 2. A Windows PC, 3. The Gionee P2 usb cable.

Got it all? Good for you. Take a breath. Relax. And now... here we go.

First, download the Walton Primo F2 stock rom from HERE - http://www.mediafire.com/download/terzpsp1k1jw8a2/F2_firmware.rar

Now, unrar the archive. Once you are done with that, you have to install the usb driver in your computer so that your phone gets recognized even when it’s turned off and without a battery. And you must do so manually. So first, unzip the ‘USB VCOM Driver’ package inside the ‘Drivers’ folder. Now the installation. Here’s how you go about that.
In Windows, go to Control Panel and open Device Manager.
Click any of the device groups you see here.
From ‘Action Menu’, select ‘Add Legacy Hardware’
The ‘Add Hardware Wizard’ will open up. Click Next.
Select ‘Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced)’
Click Next 2 times, then click the ‘Have Disk’ button
Click Browse and find where the downloaded, unrar-ed firmware folder is. Go to Drivers > USB VCOM Driver > select the .inf file compatible with your Windows OS (XP, Vista or Win7, 32 bit or 64 bit)
Click Open and OK. The driver will be listed. Then click Next. The driver will finish installing.
Well, now that you’re done with the driver installation, time to flash your phone using SP Tools.
Go to ‘Flash Tools’ folder, unrar the SP_Flash_Tool_exe_v3.1312.0.139 package, click 3-4 times to go deep into it where there will be a collection of files, find the little blue ‘Flash_tool’ application file, double click on it to run. The interface will open up.
Click on ‘Download Agent’, browse to the same folder where you found the ‘Flash_tool’ application, and select MTK_AllinONne_DA.
Now click on scatter loading, browse to Software > Primo-F2_0301_T5159. Then select the text document called ‘MT6572_Android_scatter’.
Now click Firmware-> Upgrade and then connect the usb cable with moble while the battery is removed.
Now insert battery. It’ll star downloading. Hold your breath and wait.
After a few minutes it will show a pop up saying ‘Firmware Upgrade’ with a nice green circle. Now, you’re done. Next time you turn on your phone it will be running a shiny new rom, and work like a newly-bought phone!
Of course, don’t forget to do a factory reset first thing when you boot up your phone!

So that’s about it. If you have any doubts of troubles, ask them here. Good luck flashing!
P.S. This guide has been compiled from the instructions given here - http://www.waltonforum.com/index.php?topic=3101.0 and here - http://droidchina.com/forum/Thread-How-to-install-MTK-USB-driver-manually-on-Windows . And of course it should go without saying that I’m not responsible for any possible damages your device incurs during this procedure. Flashing an Android rom is serious business so give it a good thought before deciding if you want to go ahead with it. Your device manufacturer warranty will be null and void the moment you go down this road.
But that doesn’t mean it’s not brilliantly exciting smiley

Here is the full tutorial and links for those who want to port to Walton primo f2 Rom.

1 Like

Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by kizyto(m): 6:52pm On Nov 06, 2013
Mhyke:
bb plans dont work on androids any longer,the apn has bn blockd.subscribe 4 10mb nd use d apn dat guy gave u or try anoda ntwrk to cnfirm
airtel Bb plan still works for me lyk mad 4gig for 2mnths for 1500 naira
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by kizyto(m): 7:09pm On Nov 06, 2013
sindrek: pls any one using Airtel bis here, dial *440*16# the r saying its an invalid request pls guys help
*440*161#
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Engineer2447: 7:30pm On Nov 06, 2013
Sunymoore:
You don't need to root, check page 100-104 for the primo f2 rom and follow the procedures. Pc is much required

k. thanks, I'll try it when I get a chance.
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Dibangoking(m): 8:31pm On Nov 06, 2013
kizyto:
airtel Bb plan still works for me lyk mad 4gig for 2mnths for 1500 naira
dude pls help with the procedure
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by theanonymous: 9:12pm On Nov 06, 2013
Dibangoking: dude pls help with the procedure

Load #1500 worth of airtime....dial *440*161# and viola!!

But before that, Dial the code above and if you get "insufficient fund" msg then go ahead with the procedure...but if you get "not eligible" don't move on. or u could just manage the 2Gb by dialing *440*16#
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by khaynoni(m): 9:20pm On Nov 06, 2013
Can anyone kindly extract mtk usb driver file and android scatter file for mt6572 from the primo f2 rar file, thanks
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by buchito1(m): 9:36pm On Nov 06, 2013
theanonymous:

Load #1500 worth of airtime....dial *440*161# and viola!!

But before that, Dial the code above and if you get "insufficient fund" msg then go ahead with the procedure...but if you get "not eligible" don't move on. or u could just manage the 2Gb by dialing *440*16#
Bro, is the *440*161# for the 4 gig??
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by chatom143: 9:38pm On Nov 06, 2013
@ evergreen247
Thanks, the phone is now working.
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by oskaroni(m): 9:42pm On Nov 06, 2013
pls which application can i use for special typings,as in d one dt will customize my alphabets lyk dt of bb
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Opeyemi5(m): 9:50pm On Nov 06, 2013
How much is dis device now

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (216) (Reply)

2go Version 3.7.0 With BBM And Whatsapp Features On Java OS. / How Do I Download 2go To My Phone? / GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.