Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:22 AM

Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. - Phones (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. (422445 Views)

GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. / Gionee Pioneer P3 discussion thread / Gionee Pioneer P2 Rooting And Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 5:09am On Nov 04, 2013
Neduzze5:

Download this one

https:///1EfXi7hU
kudos bro, hope d guy probs av bn solvd.
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Neduzze5(m): 5:11am On Nov 04, 2013
stephinnoyewole: @Niscolinx, hope d TP5 doesnt lag while browsing,aw much can it install apps, wen playin games like fifa14 and odas, wats d experience?

I use a Tecno P5 and the only problem I have with it is the lack of OTA updates. OK, though the RAM memory is low, it doesn't affect me because I'm not a gamer. If you want to enjoy games on your phone, buy a device with 1gb RAM.
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 5:16am On Nov 04, 2013
Neduzze5:

I use a Tecno P5 and the only problem I have with it is the lack of OTA updates. OK, though the RAM memory is low, it doesn't affect me because I'm not a gamer. If you want to enjoy games on your phone, buy a device with 1gb RAM.
enjoy browsin dan gaming nd do install many apps, though do play pes,temple run or fifa @times.
Can u suggest any product nd model wit average budget?
Thanks
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Neduzze5(m): 5:32am On Nov 04, 2013
stephinnoyewole:
enjoy browsin dan gaming nd do install many apps, though do play pes,temple run or fifa @times.
Can u suggest any product nd model wit average budget?
Thanks

Nexus 5, 2gb Ram, runs on Android 4.4 kit kat, 20mp back camera, 8mp front camera, 4.7 screen, costs #356,000 only... grin
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Mhyke: 5:38am On Nov 04, 2013
stephinnoyewole:
its like no1 to sincerely answer this, anyway, i'm waitin 4 d best reply,coz i nid one of dis phone
il advise u 2 get p2.why?
if u hv a prob wit ur p5,u'l hardly get any answa on it's thread,u cn check it out to cnfirm.
nd thanks to some fone freaks we hv here,evry p2 problem postd hv bn solvd(xcept dat no1 gav me d mtn cheat i requested for.lol).
moreova,p2 cn do all p5's programd to do nd evn more.
lastly,if u get ur p2,its lik u hv two fones,=gione p2 nd primo f2.d rom on d later can work on d former.bt wt p5,u'r stuck til eternity.
les i 4get,gione dosnt dsplay their name like tecno does on d front

1 Like

Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 5:50am On Nov 04, 2013
Neduzze5:

Nexus 5, 2gb Ram, runs on Android 4.4 kit kat, 20mp back camera, 8mp front camera, 4.7 screen, costs #356,000 only... grin
bro u no nice @all ooo
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Kamaye(m): 7:03am On Nov 04, 2013
Neduzze5: Tecno P5 discussion group on whatsapp is now
available.

Add 07014726315!
you missed the road dude, this is P2 thread.
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Seyilome(m): 7:29am On Nov 04, 2013
Stancity: JUST UPGRADED TO Gionee ELIFE 3

I SOLD MY Gionee P2 @#16,000K.

PLS,I read on a particular phone site that ELIFE E3 does not have wifi thietering/hotspot and wifi direct? because I wana buy dis e3.tanx
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Neduzze5(m): 7:30am On Nov 04, 2013
Kamaye: you missed the road dude, this is P2 thread.

Sorry bro... thanks smiley
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by gioneerp2: 8:25am On Nov 04, 2013
It's great to see that so many of you who ran into glitches while using your P2 or even bricked it managed to fix their phone using the Walton Primo F2 stock rom. But I understand that the instructions given in the rom's download page are somewhat outdated and might cause confusion. So I'm putting up a detailed step-by-step installation guide right here for you all smiley

Here's what you need, to begin with : 1. A Gionee P2 with more than 50% charge (less will do but try and be safe), 2. A Windows PC, 3. The Gionee P2 usb cable.

Got it all? Good for you. Take a breath. Relax. And now... here we go.

First, download the Walton Primo F2 stock rom from HERE - http://www.mediafire.com/download/terzpsp1k1jw8a2/F2_firmware.rar

Now, unrar the archive. Once you are done with that, you have to install the usb driver in your computer so that your phone gets recognized even when it’s turned off and without a battery. And you must do so manually. So first, unzip the ‘USB VCOM Driver’ package inside the ‘Drivers’ folder. Now the installation. Here’s how you go about that.
In Windows, go to Control Panel and open Device Manager.
Click any of the device groups you see here.
From ‘Action Menu’, select ‘Add Legacy Hardware’
The ‘Add Hardware Wizard’ will open up. Click Next.
Select ‘Install the hardware that I manually select from a list (Advanced)’
Click Next 2 times, then click the ‘Have Disk’ button
Click Browse and find where the downloaded, unrar-ed firmware folder is. Go to Drivers > USB VCOM Driver > select the .inf file compatible with your Windows OS (XP, Vista or Win7, 32 bit or 64 bit)
Click Open and OK. The driver will be listed. Then click Next. The driver will finish installing.
Well, now that you’re done with the driver installation, time to flash your phone using SP Tools.
Go to ‘Flash Tools’ folder, unrar the SP_Flash_Tool_exe_v3.1312.0.139 package, click 3-4 times to go deep into it where there will be a collection of files, find the little blue ‘Flash_tool’ application file, double click on it to run. The interface will open up.
Click on ‘Download Agent’, browse to the same folder where you found the ‘Flash_tool’ application, and select MTK_AllinONne_DA.
Now click on scatter loading, browse to Software > Primo-F2_0301_T5159. Then select the text document called ‘MT6572_Android_scatter’.
Now click Firmware-> Upgrade and then connect the usb cable with moble while the battery is removed.
Now insert battery. It’ll star downloading. Hold your breath and wait.
After a few minutes it will show a pop up saying ‘Firmware Upgrade’ with a nice green circle. Now, you’re done. Next time you turn on your phone it will be running a shiny new rom, and work like a newly-bought phone!
Of course, don’t forget to do a factory reset first thing when you boot up your phone!

So that’s about it. If you have any doubts of troubles, ask them here. Good luck flashing!
P.S. This guide has been compiled from the instructions given here - http://www.waltonforum.com/index.php?topic=3101.0 and here - http://droidchina.com/forum/Thread-How-to-install-MTK-USB-driver-manually-on-Windows . And of course it should go without saying that I’m not responsible for any possible damages your device incurs during this procedure. Flashing an Android rom is serious business so give it a good thought before deciding if you want to go ahead with it. Your device manufacturer warranty will be null and void the moment you go down this road.
But that doesn’t mean it’s not brilliantly exciting smiley

5 Likes

Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by evergreen247: 8:57am On Nov 04, 2013
@ gioneerp2, thumb up bro, continue the good work.
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Stancity(m): 10:00am On Nov 04, 2013
Seyilome: PLS,I read on a particular phone site that ELIFE E3 does not have wifi thietering/hotspot and wifi direct? because I wana buy dis e3.tanx
It has everything you have mentioned and u have 3G on on both sim.
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by sindrek(m): 10:17am On Nov 04, 2013
this p2 sound is way too bad, gurus abeg u guys shud look into this. even with my beats by dre headphone sound no improve God!
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 10:58am On Nov 04, 2013
Pls how do i activate Kii Keyboard fonts?
Godvilla and other users, help out.....
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by AshuGite: 12:30pm On Nov 04, 2013
an any1 provide screenshots of walton primo f2 rom... pls i want to see it so i can flash...
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Sunymoore(m): 12:32pm On Nov 04, 2013
AshuGite: an any1 provide screenshots of walton primo f2 rom... pls i want to see it so i can flash...
Which locations did you want? The rom is smooth as butter. Ah swear

1 Like

Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by givenchi1(m): 12:36pm On Nov 04, 2013
y looking for custom ROM on gp2 wen u can actually modify ur current stock ROM to ur taste..take a look @my notification tray and status bar

1 Like

Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by theanonymous: 1:08pm On Nov 04, 2013
solved
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Engineer2447: 2:32pm On Nov 04, 2013
sindrek: this p2 sound is way too bad, gurus abeg u guys shud look into this. even with my beats by dre headphone sound no improve God!

my man, download music player, use playerpro , to be precise... problem solved.

1 Like

Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by khaynoni(m): 3:16pm On Nov 04, 2013
Mhyke:
bb plans dont work on androids any longer,the apn has bn blockd.subscribe 4 10mb nd use d apn dat guy gave u or try anoda ntwrk to cnfirm

Says who.. I subscribed day before yesterday and that's what i'm still using so always make your enquiries before reaching a conclusion.
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by born2boink(m): 4:04pm On Nov 04, 2013
I do not understand my own P2, na only radio I dey hear, no games, I no sabbi rooting abi make I carry my phone go computer village
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by sindrek(m): 4:15pm On Nov 04, 2013
Engineer2447:

my man, download music player, use playerpro , to be precise... problem solved.
bro I saw only trial n payed version on googleplay pls help
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Goahead(m): 6:14pm On Nov 04, 2013
born2fuck: I do not understand my own P2, na only radio I dey hear, no games, I no sabbi rooting abi make I carry my phone go computer village
cant help but laugh. (born2fuck)
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by buchito1(m): 6:36pm On Nov 04, 2013
cool
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by buchito1(m): 6:37pm On Nov 04, 2013
born2fuck: I do not understand my own P2, na only radio I dey hear, no games, I no sabbi rooting abi make I carry my phone go computer village
Born to fuucckk wetin dey do ur p2 Abeg fucckk d fone jare... Make d brains come back! grin cheesy
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Engineer2447: 6:44pm On Nov 04, 2013
sindrek: bro I saw only trial n payed version on googleplay pls help

try search from 'sharemobile.ro' thats where I download mine.
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Ologunsunny: 7:33pm On Nov 04, 2013
pls were can i c dis fone to buy at olukayode at akure cos am in owo i dont want to waste transport fair to akure pls i need urgent reply tanx
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by AshuGite: 7:38pm On Nov 04, 2013
Sunymoore:
Which locations did you want? The rom is smooth as butter. Ah swear
like the notification bar.. settings phone messaging etc etc...
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Toroze(m): 7:39pm On Nov 04, 2013
Bruv the same apk and data works on an N3 an P3 but Sha I will do as you have asked
Oliversamuel: . мαувє σʀ ρєѕ2012 ιѕ ησт gσσɗ, мιηє ρℓαуѕ ƒιηє... ɗσωηℓσαɗ ƒʀσм αηɗʀσιɗ мσв, тнє ɗαтα ιѕ αвσυт 171mb ωнιℓє тнє αρк ιѕ 29.8mb. αℓωαуѕ ɗσωηℓσαɗ ƒʀσм α gσσɗ ѕσυʀċє, ι ɗση'т нανє вια2. ѕσ ι ɗση'т кησω ƒσʀ ιт, тнє ѕαмє тнιηg мιgнт αρρℓу тσ it
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by AshuGite: 7:40pm On Nov 04, 2013
givenchi1: y looking for custom ROM on gp2 wen u can actually modify ur current stock ROM to ur taste..take a look @my notification tray and status bar
how to modify rom pls help me out over this... can we flash canvas fun a 74 lewa os rom on p2 the hardware is same
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Toroze(m): 7:59pm On Nov 04, 2013
please oh i need instructions for cwm on p2 kindly help me out thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (216) (Reply)

2go Version 3.7.0 With BBM And Whatsapp Features On Java OS. / How Do I Download 2go To My Phone? / GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.