Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

Health Workers Call Off Strike - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health Workers Call Off Strike (16987 Views)

Health Workers "JOHESU" Calls Off Strike / Breaking!! Six More Health Workers Infected With EBOLA!! / BREAKING NEWS: Nigeria's Healthcare Workers Call Of Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Health Workers Call Off Strike by Buchianom(m): 10:49am On Aug 28, 2013
Osahon7: and a consultant lab technician? Dat of d pharmacist and Nurses are vry reasonable to some extent bt not lab technichians

No Mister! The lab technicians can't be consultants but the Med. Lab Scts av bn ($ can b) consultants not only to hospitals but to renowned NGO's and have bn doin marvellously well.

I wonder what makes ppl lyk U think that only physicians can be consultants? Is it becos of the highly politicised residency programme that U do fr 5-6 years? Does that experience surpass that of a Pharmacist, med.lab.sct , nurse, phyiotherapist or med.imaging.sct. who has bn workin befor even some of U dreamt of purchasing JAMB forms??

I wish the fed govt would open up the residency programme lyk the college of medicine/ health sciences that we have in our universities $ allow every professional to enroll $ compete favourably. Let's c if most of this oda professionals wouldn't outshine the physicians lyk it wia in there university days.

4 Likes

Re: Health Workers Call Off Strike by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 28, 2013
Buchiano(m):

No Mister! The lab technicians can't be consultants but the Med. Lab Scts av bn ($ can b) consultants not only to hospitals but to renowned NGO's and have bn doin marvellously well.

I wonder what makes ppl lyk U think that only physicians can be consultants? Is it becos of the highly politicised residency programme that U do fr 5-6 years? Does that experience surpass that of a Pharmacist, med.lab.sct , nurse, phyiotherapist or med.imaging.sct. who has bn workin befor even some of U dreamt of purchasing JAMB forms??

I wish the fed govt would open up the residency programme lyk the college of medicine/ health sciences that we have in our universities $ allow every professional to enroll $ compete favourably. Let's c if most of this oda professionals wouldn't outshine the physicians lyk it wia in there university days.

the field of medicine is not wat u set standard for..u follow international standards..hav seach d net, sure dere are consultants pharmacist and nurses in overseas bt am sure i didnt see lab dudes..consultants are met for Medical and dental specialities and maybe pharmacist nd nurses
Re: Health Workers Call Off Strike by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 28, 2013
phantom: idiotic post....you failed out of medicine and ended up in med lab science and you now want to eat the same salary with doctors.you want to be consultants so that you and the consultant doctor go dey argue over patients.....olodo.....lol.go back to school and pass 2nd MB if to answer doctor dey sweet you.clown!
and this one is a doctor o. Wonder how many patients he would have killed out of arrogance.
Re: Health Workers Call Off Strike by Buchianom(m): 10:57am On Aug 28, 2013
phantom: idiotic post....you failed out of medicine and ended up in med lab science and you now want to eat the same salary with doctors.you want to be consultants so that you and the consultant doctor go dey argue over patients.....olodo.....lol.go back to school and pass 2nd MB if to answer doctor dey sweet you.clown!

Peeps lyk U wrote second MBBS for 3-4 tyms before U eventually scaled thro $ its possible U are the only physician in ur locality; that's Y ur ego hasn't reduced. Don't worry son, nobody is struggling for the steth or theatre knife with U, all they are asking for is that U allow them practise there own chosen profession in a fair enviroment.

BTW can U go back to ur university $ ask fr ur CGPA , U wld be shocked dat U culdnt even make a pass. Lol
Re: Health Workers Call Off Strike by Buchianom(m): 11:00am On Aug 28, 2013
Osahon7: the field of medicine is not wat u set standard for..u follow international standards..hav seach d net, sure dere are consultants pharmacist and nurses in overseas bt am sure i didnt see lab dudes..consultants are met for Medical and dental specialities and maybe pharmacist nd nurses

Ur hatred fr the Med. Lab. Scts is obvious frm ur posts, I wld only advice U allow them thrive, cos dey ar on there path to glory. I wouldn't want to derail; if not I wld av enlightened U a little.

3 Likes

Re: Health Workers Call Off Strike by Nobody: 11:05am On Aug 28, 2013
guy relax..must u use derrogatory remarks?i guess U are one of dose doc. Dat giv ppl d impression dat MBBS/BDS students/doctors are proud...pls make ur comment politely..tanks
Re: Health Workers Call Off Strike by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 28, 2013
Buchiano(m):

Ur hatred fr the Med. Lab. Scts is obvious frm ur posts, I wld only advice U allow them thrive, cos dey ar on there path to glory. I wouldn't want to derail; if not I wld av enlightened U a little.
pls enlighten me, i like learnin new tins...
Re: Health Workers Call Off Strike by ACM10: 11:08am On Aug 28, 2013
Bludeville:
Yes! it is the birthright of Doctors to head the sector!! And they are currently doing a wonderful job!! Obviously!!!
In case you missed it, I'm being sarcastic! Mitschewwww!

How can we be sure that health workers will do better? undecided
Re: Health Workers Call Off Strike by QEFRAN6: 11:08am On Aug 28, 2013

God forbid.iv never and will never join that banwagon of lazy tresspassers.I have were I proudly belong...go hug transformer.
Re: Health Workers Call Off Strike by Ochek: 11:15am On Aug 28, 2013
Osahon7: and a consultant lab technician? Dat of d pharmacist and Nurses are vry reasonable to some extent bt not lab technichians

Pity for u o!
You know the meaning of a consultant?
Re: Health Workers Call Off Strike by cosmatika(m): 11:18am On Aug 28, 2013
Dat U re a health worker doesn't mean U copy wat doctors re doing. A pharmacist should go for proffesorship, nt consultancy. Give doctors some respect
Re: Health Workers Call Off Strike by Nobody: 11:23am On Aug 28, 2013
Ochek:

Pity for u o!
You know the meaning of a consultant?
whats d meanin?
Re: Health Workers Call Off Strike by ifyclose2(m): 11:24am On Aug 28, 2013
[b]Some people had dreams of studying medicine......but due to one circumstance or d other, that dream never became a reality....so they have dedicated the rest of their lives to "HATING DOCTORS".

During my housemanship in UBTH, I and my fellow colleagues experienced this FIRST HAND, especially from d nurses and lab scientists....they always want to pick a quarrel with a doctor at the slightest provocation.....the pharmacists were the only ones who were polite and civil, because they know their worth.

It's a pity that people go to churches and mosques every week, but they cannot see themselves as "SPECIAL" in any profession they belong to....their INFERIORITY COMPLEX will always make them try to rub shoulders with doctors who are not in any way competing with them.

Whether they like it or not, a doctor is the recognized HEAD of any medical team....each time a medical team is sent to remote communities for instance, the team is always headed by a doctor because of his vast knowledge....a doctor knows a little about nursing and lab science, but these people know nothing about medicine.

But on a lighter note.....it feels so good when nurses are rude to doctors in the ward...then all of a sudden, when an emergency arises which they cannot handle, they quickly run to call d doctor wink[/b]

15 Likes

Re: Health Workers Call Off Strike by zuchyblink(m): 11:25am On Aug 28, 2013
Oduduwaboy: Nooooooooo.....! They should not return to work o. Let them keep agitating for things that don't belong to them.

The health sector in Nigeria will know no peace until the concerned unions recognise the natural rights of doctors to head the sector ....the arguments for this are many and logical.
what do u mean?
Re: Health Workers Call Off Strike by playahP(m): 11:25am On Aug 28, 2013
Meeen I hate nigerian doctors with passion!
Especially their so called consultants!
They are proud, arrogant and they don't know much!!
They can never ever agree that they're not able to carry out a procedure; rather they will carry it out and end up wrecking the patient's life!!

Naija doctor's suck big timer.
The only thing they know how to diagnose is malaria and typhoid and even self they go misdiagnose that one!!

Fucccck nigerian doctors especially the home grown ones...

1 Like

Re: Health Workers Call Off Strike by cosmatika(m): 11:26am On Aug 28, 2013
QEFRAN6: Hmmmmm! It baffles me somuch wen dese physicians brag abt them being d all in all were as they r nothg if u take a close look at them,esp the new ones in the system today...u all knw that u cannot and will never be able to operate alone without the help of other health profefesionals...all u guys do is assumption and without the med.lab sct who corrects and put u on the right tract thro a test,and the pharmacist too corrects the nonsense u scrible down in the name of prescription,while the nurses takes absolute care of the patients in the wards...only God knws how many ppl ul b killing per day.All u guys do in the hospital as far as I'm concern is pen down the patients data and history of which any secretary can do that perfectly...why on earth do u want to be were u shdnt?...its time u guys get another parking lott as uv occupied other ppls space for so long and the owners are back and ready to occupy their space...if u guys can operate alone,why on earth did u discharge patients from the wards and refuse admitting new ones while the other health workers went on strike...y can't u guys accept the truth for once?
Ur post depicts jelousy. Onodu ugo na ewe egbe iwe(d position of d eagle meks d hawk angry). Tommorrow nw U ll force ur child to do medicine, Nichodemus

2 Likes

Re: Health Workers Call Off Strike by ACM10: 11:27am On Aug 28, 2013
Next time those workers go on strike, we will make sure they are all sacked from the civil service and their job will be outsourced. They can't continue to hold the health sector hostage with their petty demands. Nonsense! Butterflies that calls themselves birds.
Re: Health Workers Call Off Strike by Ochek: 11:28am On Aug 28, 2013
ACM10:

How can we be sure that health workers will do better? undecided

Give them a try
Re: Health Workers Call Off Strike by Ochek: 11:30am On Aug 28, 2013
ACM10: Next time those workers go on strike, we will make sure they are sacked from civil service and their job will be outsourced. They can't continue to hold the health sector hostage with their petty demand. Nonsense! Butterflies that calls themselves birds.

Go sleep with ur ignorance. When doctors embarked on their freaking strike, what did u do about it?
Re: Health Workers Call Off Strike by archsaintobi: 11:30am On Aug 28, 2013
Its painful to see when people with little or no knowledge of how the health sector works take light of what doctors do. There is no health worker whose function cannot be properly handled by a doctor a doctor by virtue of his training and knowledge is the head of the health team. Lab techs, nurses etc perform tasks that can be taught to a lay man in less than 6 months but the work of a doctor can never be done by a layman. To even imagine that these people can ask such things is blasphemy. I blame the doctors form making the helpers feel like equals now they want to be superiors. They all went on strike and the hospitals still ran smoothly. The govt should let them rot in their greed till they learn their place. Doctors are and will forever remain the head of the health team!

5 Likes

Re: Health Workers Call Off Strike by cosmatika(m): 11:32am On Aug 28, 2013
Dilemmas of a doctor:
If u r young, u r DISMISSED as
inexperienced..
if old, DOUBTED to be outdated...!
If u take a decent fee, they may
CONSIDER u
as greedy..
if u take less, they may CONFUSE u
for a
quack...!
If u prescribe few medicines,they feel
prescription is INCOMPLETE..
if u write too many, they choose to
COMPLETE the course of vitamin,
leaving the
antibiotics course mid-way...!
If u give them too many
investigation, they SUSPECT u do it
for
COMMISSION..
if u don't, u r SUSCEPTIBLE to be
sued for
OMISSION...!
If u do not give them time, they feel
u r not
EMPATHETIC..
if u give them too much time, they
fear ur
competence is PATHETIC.. In all dese, I m proud to b a DOCTOR, because Ive paid my dues. Haters can go and hug d whale dat was seen at Alpha beach

4 Likes

Re: Health Workers Call Off Strike by kinkymax: 11:33am On Aug 28, 2013
drered: The health workers had been provoked by some recent decisions taken by the Federal Government which favours doctors above other health professionals.
Government is to be blamed for the issues causing this strike. For some strange reasons, the minister of health, who is a doctor, sent a circular to teaching hospitals that members of other professions cannot become consultants. They are not saying they want to become consultant doctors. How can anybody say a pharmacist cannot be a consultant pharmacist? It is a cadre recognised across the world. "How do we explain a situation where five directors out of six professional directorates in the Federal Ministry of Health are doctors whereas other professional groups do not have a single director representing their interest?

"It is a shame that we have a ministry of doctors
not of health. More than any other time, we have experienced unlawful appointments of doctors without input from other sectors. Government encourages a system in health care that fosters an agenda of discriminatory privileges.
wot is dis one sayin? Total nonesense. Whr around d globe u saw smtn lik consultant pharmacist. Ode. All around d world doctors re usualli d head of d health sector. So wtf re dey agitatin for for christ sake. Bunch of lazypple goin on strike because of notin. At least dey nw kno dat doctors can actuali perform deir smal duties cos wen dey went on strik ddoctors handled evrytn dey do accordinli includin. Lab work sef. So wots d point

1 Like

Re: Health Workers Call Off Strike by Ochek: 11:40am On Aug 28, 2013
ifyclose2: [b]Some people had dreams of studying medicine......but due to one circumstance or d other, that dream never became a reality....so they have dedicated the rest of their lives to "HATING DOCTORS".

During my housemanship in UBTH, I and my fellow colleagues experienced this FIRST HAND, especially from d nurses and lab scientists....they always want to pick a quarrel with a doctor at the slightest provocation.....the pharmacists were the only ones who were polite and civil, because they know their worth.

It's a pity that people go to churches and mosques every week, but they cannot see themselves as "SPECIAL" in any profession they belong to....their INFERIORITY COMPLEX will always make them try to rub shoulders with doctors who are not in any way competing with them.

Whether they like it or not, a doctor is the recognized HEAD of any medical team....each time a medical team is sent to remote communities for instance, the team is always headed by a doctor because of his vast knowledge....a doctor knows a little about nursing and lab science, but these people know nothing about medicine.

But on a lighter note.....it feels so good when nurses are rude to doctors in the ward...then all of a sudden, when an emergency arises which they cannot handle, they quickly run to call d doctor wink[/b]

Another baby doctor on the lose!
Update: Save surgery which is not included in a nurses curriculum, I can bet ma life there ve got loads of knowledge about medicine. Yes! I know this cos I ve them around.

If I may ask, did u health professionals say u do a team work with the others? If so, whatz ur definition of team work.

If it is a team work, then y re u all scared of letting another handle d wheel and u make ur own input?

1 Like

Re: Health Workers Call Off Strike by archsaintobi: 11:41am On Aug 28, 2013
Fact is that nobody grows up wanting 2 be a lab tech or a nurse or whatever they are people who wanted to be doctors but just couldn't make it....I advice that everyone should learn their place and not reach above their grasp as for the ignorant lot calling nigerian doctors as being bad I don't blame u I blame the doctors that make them selves readily available at the cost of their pride.....if nigerian doctors acted like their foreign counterparts moat of the people talking gibberish won't have access to healthcare ....ungrateful lot

2 Likes

Re: Health Workers Call Off Strike by kinkymax: 11:42am On Aug 28, 2013
archsaintobi: Its painful to see when people with little or no knowledge of how the health sector works take light of what doctors do. There is no health worker whose function cannot be properly handled by a doctor a doctor by virtue of his training and knowledge is the head of the health team. Lab techs, nurses etc perform tasks that can be taught to a lay man in less than 6 months but the work of a doctor can never be done by a layman. To even imagine that these people can ask such things is blasphemy. I blame the doctors form making the helpers feel like equals now they want to be superiors. They all went on strike and the hospitals still ran smoothly. The govt should let them rot in their greed till they learn their place. Doctors are and will forever remain the head of the health team!
truetalk man. Branches wana bcom d tree
Re: Health Workers Call Off Strike by ACM10: 11:42am On Aug 28, 2013
Buchiano(m):

Then why did you drag them with you to strike. Now tell me who is playing politics now?

1 Like

Re: Health Workers Call Off Strike by aghofrank911(m): 11:44am On Aug 28, 2013
All we want is peace in Nigeria. We are tired of everyday strike. We thank Health workers and federal Government for cooperating and calling off the strike. Please Federal Government cooperate with ASUU to call off the strike too. God bless Nigeria
Re: Health Workers Call Off Strike by Ochek: 11:44am On Aug 28, 2013
Osahon7:
whats d meanin?

Ask Google
Re: Health Workers Call Off Strike by biomedixexcel(m): 11:53am On Aug 28, 2013
Oduduwaboy: Nooooooooo.....! They should not return to work o. Let them keep agitating for things that don't belong to them.

The health sector in Nigeria will know no peace until the concerned unions recognise the natural rights of doctors to head the sector ....the arguments for this are many and logical.
Tell me their rights to head all departments in health sector.? Were they trained to become nurse, laboratory scientists, physiotherapists, radiologist etc. I think the doctors should stay where they are supposed to!

1 Like

Re: Health Workers Call Off Strike by kinkymax: 11:56am On Aug 28, 2013
playah P: Meeen I hate nigerian doctors with passion!
Especially their so called consultants!
They are proud, arrogant and they don't know much!!
They can never ever agree that they're not able to carry out a procedure; rather they will carry it out and end up wrecking the patient's life!!

Naija doctor's suck big timer.
The only thing they know how to diagnose is malaria and typhoid and even self they go misdiagnose that one!!

Fucccck nigerian doctors especially the home grown ones...
if u blv sureli dis guy dropped out frm d medical school click like on dis post

18 Likes

Re: Health Workers Call Off Strike by Babalegba(m): 11:59am On Aug 28, 2013
Messilo: fool, where did you seeing doctor strike mitchhhhhhhhheewwwwwww
. Apes display more empathy than many Nigerian doctors. I was abroad for over twenty years so I know how doctors are supposed to behave. Since I came back I have seen doctors embark on a particularly horrific strike that led to the death of many hapless poor nigerians . The strike was over pay and I was horrified, it led me to ponder if nigerians have not been misclassified as homo sapiens. You can call me any name you like but I assure you that many nigerian doctors will have their rewards on earth.

1 Like

Re: Health Workers Call Off Strike by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 28, 2013
kinkymax: if u blv sureli dis guy dropped out frm d medical school click like on dis post
yea, so so obvious

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How To Cure Chronic Ulcer With Plantain / 23 Health Benefits Of Moringa Leaf Powder / Is There Another Way To Eliminate Pregnancy Besides Abortion ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.