Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,312 members, 7,954,252 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:24 PM

American Citizenship - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / American Citizenship (3192 Views)

American Citizenship Filing / Renouncing Your American Citizenship Due To High Tax Rate..... / American Citizenship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Citizenship by Ezinwannem: 7:48pm On Jun 12, 2008
@JeSoul , 10x and I will def. let you know
Re: American Citizenship by sheniqua: 7:53pm On Jun 12, 2008
my sister jesoul no be true?

A relative of mine has visited the American embassy so many times as any man imaginable .
He's been a Hausa Alhaji, Igbo man, Ibibio, Yoruba.
He's worn all sorts of natives attires from Isiagu to babariga.
He's been old , he's been young.
married and unmarried
with children and without.
The next step (who knows) is to appear in Iro and buba with gele as mama Iyabo.
hoping they don't  do cavity searches or else, their hands will be full grin

if only he invested the money he's spent on this US dream wisely,he's now almost 50 but yet to give up.
Re: American Citizenship by Ezinwannem: 7:55pm On Jun 12, 2008
@sheniqua, datz so hilarious, Naija ppl ehhhh
Re: American Citizenship by sheniqua: 8:01pm On Jun 12, 2008
my dear, desperation is an incurable disease.
This man has spent any resources he ever got to travel to Lagos looking for visa.
I'm sure the agberos around the area must now know him by name.
he's been there  well over 30 times each time travelling from Aba.
I wish they could just pity him,even it's a one day visa let him just come and see this USA that has taken everything he ever earned.

Now even his wife doesn't know when he goes to the embassy and returns.
It's like he just went to the toilet and came back
Re: American Citizenship by Ezinwannem: 8:18pm On Jun 12, 2008
u r cracking me up here, na wah oooooooooooooo, poor woman
Re: American Citizenship by chika98: 8:34pm On Jun 12, 2008
The test isn't hard at all but it will be a good idea to look over the history questions in the handout they will give you. Then get ready to shell out some money because the price has gone up from $400 to something like $900 now or so. It takes a bit of time and if you don't have any "comma" in your record; everything should be smoothly.
Re: American Citizenship by SeanT21(f): 4:26pm On Jun 14, 2008
sheniqua:

my dear, desperation is an incurable disease.
This man has spent any resources he ever got to travel to Lagos looking for visa.
I'm sure the agberos around the area must now know him by name.
he's been there well over 30 times each time travelling from Aba.
I wish they could just pity him,even it's a one day visa let him just come and see this USA that has taken everything he ever earned.

Now even his wife doesn't know when he goes to the embassy and returns.
It's like he just went to the toilet and came back

HaHa. U funny. Why cant he apply for the DV. That is how my family came here.
Re: American Citizenship by princeonx: 12:51am On Jun 27, 2008
Well, everyone to their own oppinion! As for me I'm very proud to be a U.S citizen and if I ever in my life or next world get the opportunity a million times, for sure I'll definitely use it a million time!
Re: American Citizenship by Biabeke(f): 5:58pm On Jun 27, 2008
Dude I have not met any American who claimed to be Canadian in the Middle east or whereever .Bros if you hate Americans that is a different issue moreover it is more safer for you to declare you are an American in Iraq.I know what I'm talking about because I am in the Amry and we deply every twelve month infact I am going prety soon.
Re: American Citizenship by SeanT21(f): 10:38pm On Jun 27, 2008
Biabeke:

Dude I have not met any American who claimed to be Canadian in the Middle east or whereever .Bros if you hate Americans that is a different issue moreover it is more safer for you to declare you are an American in Iraq.I know what I'm talking about because I am in the Amry and we deply every twelve month infact I am going prety soon.

BE SAFE.
Re: American Citizenship by tinkinfela(m): 11:48pm On Jun 29, 2008
Re: American Citizenship by matured(m): 11:50pm On Jul 14, 2008
my own is make una do come back o
make una noh die there o,
Naija nah we own o.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: American Citizenship by Ezinwannem: 3:13am On Jul 15, 2008
@JeSoul , da site is complete now, www.beaminc.org
Re: American Citizenship by Reese1: 9:18am On Jul 15, 2008
American citizenship has great benefits. The opportunitites and doors  it can open for your family, children etc are numerous, even if you don't particularly care for it. So I say if you have the opportunity to get American citizenship, please do it. You can still be based in Naija and do all you want to do for Naija, and with an American citizenship in hand, you have access to a whole lot of opportunities worldwide. 

Just do enough studying for it, and be confident, DO NOT LIE!!! If they ask you something and you don't know the answer, say you don't know. I repeat DO NOT LIE!!
Re: American Citizenship by SeanT21(f): 2:56pm On Jul 16, 2008
tinkinfela:

mmmmm, i hardly believe this. i don't think nigerians are crazy about the US like before especially the old folks. i would prefer a Canadian citizenship to American, since it's proclaimed to be the safest place to live in the world, who knows if/when there will a terrorist attack in the US or even a natural disaster?

your post really amazes me.
why would anyone want to send a total stranger invitation letter,putting their status in danger?
this probably the wrongest place to ask, nawa o wonder shall never end

Source- murhtaimmigration.com

2008 Diversity Visa Lottery Registrations

Over 6.4 million entries for the 2008 Diversity Visa Lottery were received during the two-month electronic registration period, from October 4, 2006, through December 3, 2006. This is an increase from the more than 5.5 million applications received in the 2007 Diversity Visa Lottery. Taking into account dependents, there are more than 10 million participants in the 2008 Diversity Visa Lottery.

Most of the applications were from Africa and Asia with 41 percent of the total from Africa, 38 percent from Asia, 19 percent coming from Europe, and 2 percent coming from South America, Central America, and the Caribbean. The largest number of applicants came from Bangladesh (more than 1.7 million applicants) followed by Nigeria (684,735) and Ukraine (619,584). The number of winning entries by country will be available after the random lottery process is conducted next year.

The electronic registration process makes it easier for applicants to apply and continues to increase the Department’s ability to screen against duplicate and other fraudulent entries. Anti-fraud technology using facial recognition and data mining will be used to eliminate duplicate cases.

Winners will be notified with a letter mailed from the Kentucky Consular Center confirming the name, date of birth, and country of chargeability for the registrant, as well as a time/date stamp when entries were registered. Notification will be sent to the winning entrants by mail only between April and July 2007 and will provide further instructions, including information on fees connected with immigration to the United States.

There have been several attempts to defraud Diversity Visa Lottery entrants. Lottery entrants selected as winners in the Diversity Visa random drawing are notified only by the Department of State’s Kentucky Consular Center. No other organization or company is authorized by the Department of State to contact winning entrants.
Re: American Citizenship by KarmaMod(f): 2:56pm On Jul 16, 2008
Lol this is the same person that wanted to give ME a ticket back

Hehhehehehehe grin
Re: American Citizenship by SeanT21(f): 2:57pm On Jul 16, 2008
KarmaMod:

Lol this is the same person that wanted to give ME a ticket back

Hehhehehehehe grin

ME??
Re: American Citizenship by tinkinfela(m): 8:08pm On Jul 16, 2008
SeanT21:

Source- murhtaimmigration.com

2008 Diversity Visa Lottery Registrations

Over 6.4 million entries for the 2008 Diversity Visa Lottery were received during the two-month electronic registration period, from October 4, 2006, through December 3, 2006. This is an increase from the more than 5.5 million applications received in the 2007 Diversity Visa Lottery. Taking into account dependents, there are more than 10 million participants in the 2008 Diversity Visa Lottery.

Most of the applications were from Africa and Asia with 41 percent of the total from Africa, 38 percent from Asia, 19 percent coming from Europe, and 2 percent coming from South America, Central America, and the Caribbean. The largest number of applicants came from Bangladesh (more than 1.7 million applicants) followed by Nigeria (684,735) and Ukraine (619,584). The number of winning entries by country will be available after the random lottery process is conducted next year.

The electronic registration process makes it easier for applicants to apply and continues to increase the Department’s ability to screen against duplicate and other fraudulent entries. Anti-fraud technology using facial recognition and data mining will be used to eliminate duplicate cases.

Winners will be notified with a letter mailed from the Kentucky Consular Center confirming the name, date of birth, and country of chargeability for the registrant, as well as a time/date stamp when entries were registered. Notification will be sent to the winning entrants by mail only between April and July 2007 and will provide further instructions, including information on fees connected with immigration to the United States.

There have been several attempts to defraud Diversity Visa Lottery entrants. Lottery entrants selected as winners in the Diversity Visa random drawing are notified only by the Department of State’s Kentucky Consular Center. No other organization or company is authorized by the Department of State to contact winning entrants.

diversity visa lottery is a different thing entirely. infact, i even applied but that doesn't mean i'm crazy about becoming an American citizen unlike most of the folks over there who would go any length to acquire it such as arranged marriage, changing their status. becoming an illegal immigrant.

as a matter of fact, if one had to pay a fee, only few people will participate.
Re: American Citizenship by JeSoul(f): 3:44pm On Jul 17, 2008
Ezinwannem:

@JeSoul , da site is complete now, www.beaminc.org
Cool cool. I just checked it out and it looks great, much kudos to you and the rest of your team. A couple of the links are not working yet, I assume its still in progress? like the projects, media, get involved etc. . . I'd like to be involved so keep me updated when you have stuff in the works. I really think this is a great and noble venture and may God bless you and yours.
And so you don't hafta come back to this thread to find me, my email address is charissa911@hotmail.com.

Cheers! smiley
Re: American Citizenship by tpia1: 1:02am On Sep 11, 2014
the cost of renouncing it just went up to $2350.

Dont know if fees for other services will also skyrocket.

lord have mercy.
Re: American Citizenship by tpia1: 1:05am On Sep 11, 2014

she's right though. I've heard abt that.

i've also heard similar.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Flight Ticket Frm Lagos To Manchester. / Any Nigerian In Seychelles? / Lome,Togo by night (night view )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.