Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,806 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Are Professional Courses Really Important - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Are Professional Courses Really Important (20605 Views)

Professional Courses / Are Online Professional Courses Recognised By Prospective Employers? / Getting Perspective On What's Really Important In Life. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Professional Courses Really Important by 9jaboy007: 2:02pm On Aug 30, 2013
steg0miah: Imagine the world without doctors, who will be there to save lives, imagine the world without engineers and architects, imagine the world without lawyers, imagine the world without accountants.... Guess that will answer your question
Pls acontn is not a profesional cos
Re: Are Professional Courses Really Important by Mattex001(m): 2:03pm On Aug 30, 2013
I think its a very useful avenue to explore our society making use of the specialized skills acquired during d time of study which u cant get in the first degree... It also provides u with an edge over others, with proper effectiveness to work with ease.. Professional courses helps a lot, talking from a stand point of nigeria where numerous unemployed undergraduate seeking for jobs compete for a position, basically it sets u apart from others. I'd love to get do a professional course after my masters!
Re: Are Professional Courses Really Important by kefmawin: 2:54pm On Aug 30, 2013
Unfortunately many so called professional courses are full of rhetoric without hands on practical experience.
For example many people with Cisco Certification cannot even network two computers or even solve simple network problem in an office.
Some who pay hundreds of thousand for even web design can not boast of carrying out projects on their all. It appears to be all about getting the certificate which does no good to any one.

But the Irony is this, I have seen many students attend simple tutorial like the one below without a certificate and yet immediately turn out to be experts:

I'm sure that the below privileged information will do good to many who can take advantage of it instead of relying on empty certifications:

Special Website Design/Development training.
You can with this technology become a website Developer. We are passionate about empowering as many people as possible
With our state of the art Technology, anybody can immediately become a professional Web Developer without prior knowledge
With my many years of experience in banking, I have realize that there is greater fulfillment in self empowerment for true financial freedom.

This special two day promo web development seminar will enable interested persons achieve this.

This two day promo course affords anyone opportunity to seamlessly develop several world class websites.

This offer is valid until August 31st, 2013
Each booking is valid for one (1) individual only.
Coupons can be obtained as gifts
Training Dates: August 31st & Sept 7th, 2013.
Time: 11:45am – 03:00pm (daily)
Venue: Hfya Garden, Area3 Garki , abuja. Near Garki Hospital
Please call 08035966124 for reservations and enquiries.

http://www.kefmawin.com/web-design-seminar/

Re: Are Professional Courses Really Important by smartg(m): 6:55pm On Aug 30, 2013
steg0miah: Imagine the world without doctors, who will be there to save lives, imagine the world without engineers and architects, imagine the world without lawyers, imagine the world without accountants.... Guess that will answer your question
in a world without doctors, there'll be no injuries.
in a world without engineers, there'll be no crashes.
In a world without actechture, there will be no landlord palava.
In a world without lawyers, there'll be no liars.
In a world without accountants, there'll be no rubbers.

Lol!
Re: Are Professional Courses Really Important by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 30, 2013
harkindele: I'm currently in my 3rd year studying PMT(project mgt tech.) Pls wat are the professional courses I need to boost my career if its so important that I take the courses. Tnx
No one knows?
Re: Are Professional Courses Really Important by orezyola(f): 9:14pm On Aug 30, 2013
Professional course is nice but cum to fink of it, dose it provides money? Why nt invest in vocational training.
Re: Are Professional Courses Really Important by krestup: 12:49pm On Sep 06, 2013
I appreciate the debate on this topic. The reason i decided to write on this controversial topic because 2 weeks ago i was hanging out with some friends then someone popped the question and we also debated on it. After the debate, i decided to do a research on it.. To my greatest surprise those professional courses are important.
Do you know most companies in Nigeria spend millions of naira annually to send their worker for professional training? So if you happen to have gone that kind of training previously, it gives you an advantage because every company are also looking for a way to save cost.
But the problem is that a professional course alone is not enough to get you a real job(although you can under special cases). You would need your university degree to back it up and it has to be in line with your discipline.

I would still like to know your own view about this...
Re: Are Professional Courses Really Important by Nobody: 7:25am On Sep 07, 2013
All courses are important whether professional or amateur,If the government can be able to create job opportunities.Everybody will benefit.
Re: Are Professional Courses Really Important by krestup: 11:07am On Oct 07, 2015
Which professional courses do you think it's better for a young graduate to do to enhance their career or job hunt
Re: Are Professional Courses Really Important by Eddodoh(m): 6:40pm On Oct 07, 2015
yat11:

My dear, NIM is bullshyte. Plz don't waste dat money. U can eidr go 4 oda useful certificatns or learn a hand skill (no offense o).
Most young graduates r caught up wit d useless NIM programme during their service year because they r unaware of d valuable professional certs to gain. I am a victim but I have moved on.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Female Lawyers Should Be Allowed To Wear Trousers In Court / Fear Of Job Losses As FX Scarcity Persists, Oil Prices Crash Further / 10 Ways To Calm Your Nerves Before You Make A Presentation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.