Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,686 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

How Do Stories (etc) Make Front Page On Nairaland? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Do Stories (etc) Make Front Page On Nairaland? (594 Views)

Inability To Make Front Page: Dickdastardly To Deactivate By 11:59pm Tonite! / How To Make Your Post Make Front Page On Nairaland. / How To Make Front Page On Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do Stories (etc) Make Front Page On Nairaland? by PasD(m): 6:29pm On Aug 28, 2013
I'm curious. Wonder, you may, why I have to create this topic in politics section. Well, there's a simple explanation to that. I actually went to nairaland ads but was told that I have insurfficient permission (I actually don't knw what that means technically). So mateys, I really want to know how stories (etc) make front page. Is it that they must have 'links', or they must be from old and trusted members on nairaland, or they must be enticing, or people actually 'pay' for their news to make front page (because I have seen some really foolish and unimportant news make front page e.g picture of Jim Iyke on boxers, pictures of Tonto dike singing etc), or there's a particular section for front page makers (because some peeps seem to know which news will make front page), or whatever. Am just curious, there are some celebrities whose news seem to dominate the front page. Am curious as am interested to see my storey make front page one day (or even to be the 1st to comment on a front page news). I have been ignored on this site for centuries and as an attention seeker, I really wish to know so that I can 'play by the rules' to make front page. People even seldom comment on my posts. Ayam so insignificant here on nairaland that its almost driving me crazy. Lol (just saying though)......one more thing, I need comments on this post. Pls dnt just pass by. If you dnt have anything to say, just put in a smiley......
Re: How Do Stories (etc) Make Front Page On Nairaland? by Tuntheycr7: 6:47pm On Aug 28, 2013
BuHahahahahahaha.
I de come make i put sumtin 4 fire, spaced booked
Re: How Do Stories (etc) Make Front Page On Nairaland? by demmy55(m): 7:00pm On Aug 28, 2013
Well said my brova. These are all signs of the end time grin
Re: How Do Stories (etc) Make Front Page On Nairaland? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 28, 2013
Don't have an answer to your question, but I can exclusively tell you that this won't make FP undecided
Re: How Do Stories (etc) Make Front Page On Nairaland? by ITbomb(m): 7:13pm On Aug 28, 2013
First to comment
No worry , God's time is the best
I have already submitted ur name to the beloveth Mukina.
Your next interesting topic will make the Frontpage .
Just keep trying
Re: How Do Stories (etc) Make Front Page On Nairaland? by pimplucious: 8:12pm On Aug 28, 2013
Hope this make u happy smiley
Re: How Do Stories (etc) Make Front Page On Nairaland? by matalan: 8:50pm On Aug 28, 2013
shake my ass
Re: How Do Stories (etc) Make Front Page On Nairaland? by PasD(m): 9:33pm On Aug 28, 2013
angry@spongeback.....that was harsh
Re: How Do Stories (etc) Make Front Page On Nairaland? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Aug 28, 2013
Peter Rufai I just told you the truth undecided
PasD: angry@spongeback.....that was harsh
Re: How Do Stories (etc) Make Front Page On Nairaland? by ITbomb(m): 9:43pm On Aug 28, 2013
PasD: angry@spongeback.....that was harsh
C'mon , are you here looking for niceties ?
You got it wrong
Re: How Do Stories (etc) Make Front Page On Nairaland? by uboma(m): 10:04pm On Aug 28, 2013
@ op, one thing that is common with all topics that made it to the front page are the number of viewers and contributors to that particular story/thread. So if you create a thread with whatever story on it and a lot of forum members are viewing at the same time and contributing as well, then be sure that your thread will hit the front page. As per the advert placement, you will have to sort that out with the *oga at the top*, Seun, first. He will tell you the rates.
Re: How Do Stories (etc) Make Front Page On Nairaland? by sholay2011(m): 8:42am On Aug 29, 2013
grin grin grin This OP is v funny sha.

(1) (Reply)

Astrology And Life / Sex Worker Hides N650, 000 Chain In Private Parts / Nairaland: My Complain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.