Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,091 members, 7,953,325 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:16 PM

How To Replace A Broken LCD Screen On A Laptop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Replace A Broken LCD Screen On A Laptop (4061 Views)

Can A Tablet Actually Replace A Laptop In Terms Of Computing? Geeks, Over To U / How To Replace A Broken Laptop Hinges / Please How Do I Retrieve Files From A Broken Flash Drive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Replace A Broken LCD Screen On A Laptop by charsobodo(m): 8:59pm On Aug 28, 2013
A broken screen can make a laptop to be completely ineffective, but the good news is that it can be fixed, even though it requires a bit of technical savvy to accomplish. A slight crack or a dent on the screen can stop you from using your laptop to do any meaningful work.

To fix a broken laptop screen, you need to have the right tools to work with, this will make the task easier.
When buying the replacement LCD screen, you must ensure that the new screen matches the broken one exactly.The only way to guarantee this is to remove the old one and go with it to the place where you intend to purchase the new one or copy the model number of the broken screen. The step by step guide below will show you how to replace a broken laptop screen.

Step 1
Begin the process of removing the laptop screen by disconnecting the laptop from power supply and removing the battery, to remove the battery, unlock it and then slide it out from the laptop.

Step 2
The next step is to remove the LCD screen bezel, it is held by some screws and these screws are covered by seals or cushions. Remove these seals and then remove the screws securing screen bezel.

Step 3
Place your fingers between the plastic screen bezel and the LCD screen, and then release the plastic screen bezel securing the laptop screen using a plastic to lift up the bezel at the edge. Please do not use a screwdriver or a metal to lift up the bezel at the edge because it may cause further damage to the screen.

Step 4
After the bezel have been completely removed, with the LCD's mounting brackets now exposed, proceed to remove the screws that secures the bracket to the lid, then rest the front side of the screen on the laptop case and disconnect it's cable.

Step 5
Remove the screw holding the LCD inverter board, disconnect the inverter cables on both sides of the board and then remove the LCD inverter board.

Step 6
Remove the tape securing the video cable and disconnect the video cable from the LCD screen, note that the video cable connector is hidden under a tape.

Step 7
Remove the screws securing the laptop screen on each side and then carefully remove the LCD screen from the laptop

Step 8
The process is now complete

Step 9
The next step is to locate the manufacturer's label at the back of the screen and take note of the model number. Using this information you will be able to buy an exact match for the broken screen.

Step 10
When the new screen arrives, carefully unpack it and confirm that it matches the old one before fixing it.

Source: http://www.learnlaptoprepair..com/2013/08/how-to-replace-broken-lcd-screen-on.html
Re: How To Replace A Broken LCD Screen On A Laptop by Queendo(f): 9:26pm On Aug 28, 2013
nice one
Re: How To Replace A Broken LCD Screen On A Laptop by Nobody: 8:26am On Aug 29, 2013
Can u replace the screen with anoda screen type? For instance i would have loved to replace my lcd screen with LED if it was possieble
Re: How To Replace A Broken LCD Screen On A Laptop by charsobodo(m): 7:39pm On Aug 29, 2013
runzlord: Can u replace the screen with anoda screen type? For instance i would have loved to replace my lcd screen with LED if it was possieble

Yes it is absolutely possible, if you can get an LED screen with the same model number as your LCD screen.
Re: How To Replace A Broken LCD Screen On A Laptop by ubcandid(m): 11:17pm On Sep 02, 2013
do yu know how much i can get hp 650 screen?
Re: How To Replace A Broken LCD Screen On A Laptop by charsobodo(m): 11:26pm On Sep 04, 2013
ubcandid: do yu know how much i can get hp 650 screen?
15.4 inch tokunbo screen will cost around 5k, while 15.6 inch will cost btw 10k - 12k
Re: How To Replace A Broken LCD Screen On A Laptop by jonescyras(m): 11:12am On Sep 11, 2013
I also want to replace my hp 630 screen. I'm in ekiti state.how much would it cost me.?how do i know if its original?. N i want to know if i can buy a new laptop case to fix the old one.thanks
Re: How To Replace A Broken LCD Screen On A Laptop by charsobodo(m): 10:09pm On Sep 11, 2013
jonescyras: I also want to replace my hp 630 screen. I'm in ekiti state.how much would it cost me.?how do i know if its original?. N i want to know if i can buy a new laptop case to fix the old one.thanks

if the screen size is 15.4" then 5k will be ok 4 it. if it is tokunbo then it will be from another hp 630 laptop, but it is a new one then it will possibly be from China, my advice pls go for tokunbo. if the case is not broken then buy only the screen cos casing will incure additional cost.
Re: How To Replace A Broken LCD Screen On A Laptop by jonescyras(m): 12:15pm On Sep 13, 2013
charsobodo:

if the screen size is 15.4" then 5k will be ok 4 it. if it is tokunbo then it will be from another hp 630 laptop, but it is a new one then it will possibly be from China, my advice pls go for tokunbo. if the case is not broken then buy only the screen cos casing will incure additional cost.
thanks so much for replying my post...now i will go for tokunbo screen. I heard that "laptop case MAY look new again via spraying". Is this true? If yes, can you advise me to go for spraying my pc other than buying a new case?
Re: How To Replace A Broken LCD Screen On A Laptop by charsobodo(m): 10:33pm On Sep 18, 2013
jonescyras: thanks so much for replying my post...now i will go for tokunbo screen. I heard that "laptop case MAY look new again via spraying". Is this true? If yes, can you advise me to go for spraying my pc other than buying a new case?

if you get good a technician that will spray the laptop and then polished it afterwards, it will be ok. but the truth is that after sometime it will still peel off, but for the main time it will serve you well. The permanent solution will be to change the entire casing and put a very clean tokunbo casing, but also you have to shine your eyes so that they don't sell a polished one to you as tokunbo. You know some of these business men can be terribly annoying.
Re: How To Replace A Broken LCD Screen On A Laptop by ubcandid(m): 11:20pm On Sep 18, 2013
so i should also go for tokunbo? do you know where i can get it am in port- harcourt
Re: How To Replace A Broken LCD Screen On A Laptop by charsobodo(m): 9:25pm On Sep 19, 2013
ubcandid: so i should also go for tokunbo? do you know where i can get it am in port- harcourt
Unfortunately no, because I'm based in Lagos.
Re: How To Replace A Broken LCD Screen On A Laptop by victorlexa(m): 7:17am On Sep 21, 2013
charsobodo:
Unfortunately no, because I'm based in Lagos.
pls my new dell inspiron 3520 has prblm wit its screen,seems its broken,i jst bought it some months ago,hw do i get a tokunbo screen,hw much nd where?
Re: How To Replace A Broken LCD Screen On A Laptop by charsobodo(m): 8:33pm On Sep 23, 2013
victorlexa: pls my new dell inspiron 3520 has prblm wit its screen,seems its broken,i jst bought it some months ago,hw do i get a tokunbo screen,hw much nd where?
I think this a high quality screen (15.6" widescreen HD display (1366x768)) the screen is some how scarce in the market now, hence it might be a bit expensive but i think a budget of 15k shuld be enough to replace it. iF If you are in Lagos, you can get the screen in computer village

(1) (Reply)

Multilinks Internet Billing Issue / Best Among Avast, Norton, Kaspersky, Avira, Panda Etc Anti-virus / Cheap Laptops From Core-i5 To Core-i7 With Graphics !!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.