Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Can A Tablet Actually Replace A Laptop In Terms Of Computing? Geeks, Over To U - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Can A Tablet Actually Replace A Laptop In Terms Of Computing? Geeks, Over To U (843 Views)

Microsoft Announces Windows 10 And Holographic Computing / How To Replace A Broken Laptop Hinges / How To Replace A Broken LCD Screen On A Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Tablet Actually Replace A Laptop In Terms Of Computing? Geeks, Over To U by generalissimo(m): 1:18pm On Oct 03, 2014
Computer Geeks in the house, pls ur help is needed in form of advice.
It is often said that android tablets or ipads are here to replace PCs. But honestly, I dont really know how these tablets, aside their flexibility to get connected to the internet without modems and portability, can totally substitute for laptops in terms of functionalities. I dont have a tablet yet but I've been operating a Samsung galaxy tab3 that belongs to a brother almost everyday for a very long time. I'm conversant with the device. And if you ask me, I still prefer an android smartphone of the same OS version to the tablet cos they use the same apps and smartphones are more portable and have better specs than most tabs. If the claim is true, then it follows that smartphones too can replace laptops. But with what apps
Maybe there are some apps that do the magic, pls let me know. I dont wanna make mistake as to whether to change my system for a more portable device (tablet) cos of mobility or not.
Pls, I stand to be corrected and at the same time enlightened. Help me pls
Re: Can A Tablet Actually Replace A Laptop In Terms Of Computing? Geeks, Over To U by Unionised(m): 1:21pm On Oct 03, 2014
nope.

no way..

not yet...

1 Like

Re: Can A Tablet Actually Replace A Laptop In Terms Of Computing? Geeks, Over To U by seankafor(m): 1:39pm On Oct 03, 2014
everytin laptop do tablets can do likewise except some game freeks like me that loves playing games with an opponent.xo in dat case i prefer my lapii.
Re: Can A Tablet Actually Replace A Laptop In Terms Of Computing? Geeks, Over To U by Fulaman198(m): 1:50pm On Oct 03, 2014
Windows tablet 2 in 1s most certainly can.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Tablet Actually Replace A Laptop In Terms Of Computing? Geeks, Over To U by Mrval20(m): 1:52pm On Oct 03, 2014
If you even have to compare a tablet to a laptop, then probably you own a 1gig RAM, Pentium 3 laptop running on 0.5Mghz processor speed and windows98 operating system.

Okay, that's a bit exaggerated. A modern laptop can't just be compared to a tablet; at least at the time of posting this comment.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Tablet Actually Replace A Laptop In Terms Of Computing? Geeks, Over To U by Fulaman198(m): 2:03pm On Oct 03, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Can A Tablet Actually Replace A Laptop In Terms Of Computing? Geeks, Over To U by Fulaman198(m): 2:05pm On Oct 03, 2014
Lenovo ThinkPad Helix Review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR0KG-iQc_w
Re: Can A Tablet Actually Replace A Laptop In Terms Of Computing? Geeks, Over To U by Fulaman198(m): 2:12pm On Oct 03, 2014
Lenovo ThinkPad Helix 2 hands-on:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dXjbRwtnRI
Re: Can A Tablet Actually Replace A Laptop In Terms Of Computing? Geeks, Over To U by generalissimo(m): 2:44pm On Oct 03, 2014
Fulaman198: Windows tablet 2 in 1s most certainly can.
Thanks man!I have heard of dat device before but it isnt as common as android tabs. I think people shd be enlightened.

1 Like

Re: Can A Tablet Actually Replace A Laptop In Terms Of Computing? Geeks, Over To U by generalissimo(m): 2:46pm On Oct 03, 2014

1 Like

Re: Can A Tablet Actually Replace A Laptop In Terms Of Computing? Geeks, Over To U by Fulaman198(m): 3:16pm On Oct 03, 2014
generalissimo: Wow! This is eye-opener! Thanks

No problem bro

1 Like

Re: Can A Tablet Actually Replace A Laptop In Terms Of Computing? Geeks, Over To U by asalimpo(m): 5:44pm On Oct 03, 2014
For intensive computation,no way. Even typical medium laptops may crumble under excessive load.

1 Like

Re: Can A Tablet Actually Replace A Laptop In Terms Of Computing? Geeks, Over To U by henryobinna(m): 8:00pm On Oct 03, 2014
seankafor: everytin laptop do tablets can do likewise....
I bet you know little or nothing about what you just wrote

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Admission Is On Enroll For Computer Training Courses / Closed / Pls. I Need Your Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.