Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,029 members, 7,953,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:33 AM

Racist Malaysia - Africans Decry Tenancy Ban - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Racist Malaysia - Africans Decry Tenancy Ban (1673 Views)

See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia / Pics Of Nigerian Embassy In Malaysia (don't Cry) / Nigerian Man Sentenced To Death By Hanging In Malaysia For Drug Trafficking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Racist Malaysia - Africans Decry Tenancy Ban by Gorrbachev: 5:55am On Aug 29, 2013
Re: Racist Malaysia - Africans Decry Tenancy Ban by Nobody: 6:35am On Aug 29, 2013
Personally I wouldn't like to live there even if it's the last place on earth
Haiti here I come
Re: Racist Malaysia - Africans Decry Tenancy Ban by ImHotepX: 7:01am On Aug 29, 2013
Nigerians are problematic everywhere they go!! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Racist Malaysia - Africans Decry Tenancy Ban by cashkid18(m): 7:22am On Aug 29, 2013
Spaced booked!!
Transpassers wil b shot n survivors wil be reshot!!!
Re: Racist Malaysia - Africans Decry Tenancy Ban by Gbawe: 7:24am On Aug 29, 2013
@OP. You may not have known what Malaysia was like before choosing to study there. Now you know. Finish your studies and get out. Nations where human rights are not respected are not worth living in for any gain whatsoever - whether financial or educational- if you are amongst those discriminated against crudely.

2 Likes

Re: Racist Malaysia - Africans Decry Tenancy Ban by Kairoseki77: 8:16am On Aug 29, 2013
I am more sad that the girl in the video is bleaching her skin while complaining about racism.

Except for the Chinese woman, she is the lightest person in the whole video! Low self esteem is killing her.
Re: Racist Malaysia - Africans Decry Tenancy Ban by gerald09(m): 8:20am On Aug 29, 2013
Well honestly dis is what 1 gets living outside dere home. Am kinda glad dis came up, now these politicians/ govt officials shall know sending ur kids abroad for studies is no more a safe heaven as dey use to assume. Its sad that dese ppl have decided to see every black person as criminals but in turn I don't blame dem, its usually d ignorant 1s dat act dis way. Imagine sending ur kids to a place he/she is labelled a criminal cos of his/her skin colour..
Re: Racist Malaysia - Africans Decry Tenancy Ban by gerald09(m): 8:27am On Aug 29, 2013
ImHotep-X:
Re: Racist Malaysia - Africans Decry Tenancy Ban by gerald09(m): 8:28am On Aug 29, 2013
ImHotep-X:
Dude don't say dat, Nigerians are everywhere cos of what Nigerians have done to Nigeria. Majority of Nigerians outside Nigeria are genuinely good n honest people looking for a good life for dere families, please don't blame every Nigerian for some people's sillyness. Dat country is known for its racism against blacks n indians. Y people go dere to study I wonder, it is not cheap neither is it safe. Well I guess even HELL is safer dan Nigeria.
Re: Racist Malaysia - Africans Decry Tenancy Ban by Akanbiedu(m): 8:34am On Aug 29, 2013
I can imagine Nigerian's behaviour abroad. Abeg make we hear word.
Re: Racist Malaysia - Africans Decry Tenancy Ban by Nobody: 8:42am On Aug 29, 2013
Gbawe: @OP. You may not have known what Malaysia was like before choosing to study there. Now you know. Finish your studies and get out. Nations where human rights are not respected are not worth living in for any gain whatsoever - whether financial or educational- if you are amongst those discriminated against crudely.

Let's not forget that some of our parents were also confronted with "no tenancy" signs in Britain, back in the 1960s.

Given that Malaysia continues to attract thousands of African students, I think we need to be careful not to blow these localised problems out of proportion.

My personal advice to anyone discriminated against in this manner is to seek remedy via a judicial route.
In addition, get better organised and demand some kind of reaction from the Nigerian embassy in Malaysia.
Re: Racist Malaysia - Africans Decry Tenancy Ban by Gorrbachev: 9:09am On Aug 29, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Let's not forget that some of our parents were also confronted with "no tenancy" signs in Britain, back in the 1960s.

Given that Malaysia continues to attract thousands of African students, I think we need to be careful not to blow these localised problems out of proportion.

My personal advice to anyone discriminated against in this manner is to seek remedy via a judicial route.
In addition, get better organised and demand some kind of reaction from the Nigerian embassy in Malaysia.

Their government pinches them and they bite foreigners,that's what's happening.
Re: Racist Malaysia - Africans Decry Tenancy Ban by Gbawe: 9:12am On Aug 29, 2013
eGuerrilla:

This is not the 1960s. This is 2013. There is no excuse for the attitude some display towards other human-beings juxtaposed with the development humanity is expected to have reached as a minimum in 2013.

We are in an age so far removed from 1960 to the extent it is a moot point bringing up the situation of our parents as relational to what is happening today in Malaysia. In the same UK, children of immigrants are now influential politicians and employers of Labour.

Let us call a spade a spade. Development worldwide, over several decades, is such that reprehensible levels of national prejudice today should be shamed. We cannot/should not be comfortable dealing with 1960 level of prejudice and thinking we must somehow abide with this.

Doing such means we are effectively saying the attitude that was pervasive in 1860, when may thought blacks should be slaves, is to be taken into account in 1960 when black folks were no longer slaves and now grappling with new challenges. We should respond to what the day and ages dictate others should be too rather than regressing to place the onus of "accommodating victims" upon ourselves. Things are very different today. We are talking students leaving their Country to recieve education they have paid for from a Country that made out they are welcomed only to behave very unwelcomingly towards them.

Today, let the student who has the money to pay his way, and is not asking charity from anyone, avoid Malaysia. I am sure there are less prejudicial Countries who will accept the vastly overcharged fees foreign student pay without then revelling in the arrogance to treat those foreign students appallingly. Decent Nigerian students should simply boycott Malaysia.
Re: Racist Malaysia - Africans Decry Tenancy Ban by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 29, 2013
@Gbawe,

The essence of my point is that there are more effective ways of tackling issues like this rather than absconding at the first sign of trouble, as you suggested.

If we accept there is a point to maintaining bilateral relations with countries like Malaysia, then we must also be prepared to confront the manifestations of racism, head on, through appropriate channels.

I referenced the experiences of migrants in the 1960s, at a time when our folks were even more vulnerable because of our subservient relationship with Britain, to illustrate the importance of engaging in meaningful struggle where necessary.
Re: Racist Malaysia - Africans Decry Tenancy Ban by Gbawe: 9:57am On Aug 29, 2013
eGuerrilla: @Gbawe,

The essence of my point is that there are more effective ways of tackling issues like this rather than absconding at the first sign of trouble, as you suggested.

If we accept there is a point to maintaining bilateral relations with countries like Malaysia, then we must also be prepared to confront the manifestations of racism, head on, through appropriate channels.

I referenced the experiences of migrants in the 1960s, at a time when our folks were even more vulnerable because of our subservient relationship with Britain, to illustrate the importance of engaging in meaningful struggle where necessary.

I did not suggest that. I stated OP , since he is already fully committed, should finish his education in Malaysia and leave. Others should then learn from the experience of their fellow Africans and seek to spend their hard-earned money in Countries where they would have an overall better experience for what they have paid in an increasingly competitive world where good services should court our money and patronage. Not the other way round. We need to understand this basic principle in Africa.

This is the only way Malaysia will be made to confronts its own deficiencies and address them. In a capitalist world, financial sanction drives the message home quicker than anything else. Malaysia will show no contrition, let alone devotion to initiating change for the better, if African students continue to troop in regardless of how appallingly their continental compatriots are treated.

Today, whether you note it or not, the African is almost isolated in being the only one charged exorbitantly for everything while he still behaves as if others are doing him a favour even when they are cynically exploiting him and treating him appallingly.

Maintaining bilateral relations with Malaysia, in my opinion, has very little to do with Nigerian students making purely freewill choices about boycotting Malaysia as a destination for the vast sum of money they plan to spend on higher education. If you can charge foreign students vast sums of money, sometimes 3 times what indigenes pay, then you should treat them well or risk losing such a profitable source of income.
Re: Racist Malaysia - Africans Decry Tenancy Ban by achi4u(m): 10:05am On Aug 29, 2013
For someone saying that they should channel their issues/problems to the Malaysian law suit should also note that even their jury are to some extent also discriminate against your skin color.

My little advice is for nigerians to boycott that country either by trade,sports,entertainment or education, beside I don't think they have any tourists actration that made ppl to troupe to that shiit country with no human mind.

If not because of what our rulers have turned us into, malaysia would've be our last port of destination to travel.
Re: Racist Malaysia - Africans Decry Tenancy Ban by Horus(m): 10:27am On Aug 29, 2013
The solution is to create high quality universities in Nigeria to avoid going to study abroad.

1 Like

Re: Racist Malaysia - Africans Decry Tenancy Ban by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 29, 2013
@Gbawe,

Your cogent points about the power of capital is perfectly well understood.
It still leaves a sour taste in the mouth, however, because you see it the only way to protect the interests of students who come from the largest Black nation on earth.

To protect its interests in the diaspora, Nigeria needs to fashion out a migration framework policy as soon as possible.
As most countries with large (student) populations abroad have this, they are not only better equipped to prevent similar problems in the first place but also to provide more effective responses, where needed.

At some point, we are going have to accept that, financial might notwitstanding, our collective inaction is a contributory factor to a lot of the challenges we face in other countries, Gbawe
Re: Racist Malaysia - Africans Decry Tenancy Ban by Arosa(m): 11:07am On Aug 29, 2013
The solution to this problem is for Africans there to behave like the malaysias, be more civil. undecided

1 Like

Re: Racist Malaysia - Africans Decry Tenancy Ban by birdman(m): 1:32am On Aug 30, 2013
Gbawe: Decent Nigerian students should simply boycott Malaysia.

End of story. It is ridiculous to go to someone else's country and try to convince them to like you. It is not your right to be liked. If they dont, and you have some self respect, leave. And if you can, get the FG to retaliate diplomatically. If you arent in a position to do either, accept your fate. Anyone who knows how virulently racist Malaysians can be knows better than to spend a lifetime trying to convince people to respect you. Nobody gets respect by begging. Get you degree and move on.

(1) (Reply)

Cost Of Living In America In The 1930s(pics)twitter Reactions / BREAKING: 90 Dead, 1,154 Wounded In Turkey Coup - Graphic Photo / Senegalese Troops On Standby To Oust Jammeh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.