Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Nigerian Pastors & Christianity, Plunging The Nation Into Total Destruction? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Pastors & Christianity, Plunging The Nation Into Total Destruction? (1569 Views)

7 Sins That Lead To Self-destruction: Christians Must Avoid. / Photo: What A South African Said About Nigerian Pastors / Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Pastors & Christianity, Plunging The Nation Into Total Destruction? by Gregdcutie(m): 6:12am On Aug 29, 2013
I always wonder how Nigerian pastors haveturned themselves into sacred cows or a demi-gods that should not be touched all because of a part of the Scripture that says'touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm.'
I ask myself, does that mean that even if a pastor is caught doing wrong, he should not be castigated because he is a man of God? Then, who now is 'man of Devil'?
The Europeans brought Christianity to us but we have become masters of the religion more than the original owners. Do you call that excellence? The recent controversies surrounding two men of Godlately really baffled me and made get scared for their tamed members, who still follow them blindly.
One thing pastors quickly work on their members is the mind. Once they capture that, the rest is history. It is like 'seek first the (gullible) mind of the people and every other thing shall be added to it'. At that point, they can twist the Bible to suit themselves and made the members do their wishes. Or, how do you imagine people still throng a church after its leader beats members with the cane? How do you explain the massive turn out to a church in Lagos after human parts were allegedly found in the pastor's premises shortly after he died?
In every corners of Lagos, you find churches, yet, we are not better people than the destroyed people of Sodom and Gomorrah in the Holy Book. I know of a small street in Ilasa area of Lagos where there are 12 churches on it. It is only in Nigeria you have more churches than shopsand stores.
The problem of Nigeria is mainly our religious leaders, which I will limit to Christian leaders because that's my faith. Politicians confidently steal our money because they know our pastors will fast and pray for them and even beg God on their behalf (politicians) to build a shield around them so that our curses won't affect them.
They only come to the altar to castigate politicians but praise them behind after hands must have rubbed hands. Some who openly castigate them will still go behind to get a chunk of the national cake. People Deceiving Pastors?
One thing our pastors have failed to understand is that they are not Elijah, Elisha and others of old, who the 'touch not my anointed passage was made for. These people, in their time, boldly told political leaders to their faces the real truth. How many of our pastors can boldly tell our politicians of today that 'thus says the Lord, ....' and they (politicians) tremble?
With the way things are going religiously in Nigeria, I doubt if we are not heading to destruction as a nation. And if such happens, our pastors should be held responsible for it. Pastors are stealing our money with the help of politicians, pastors are having carnal knowledge with both male and female members and twisting their minds to hide under the act. What a shame! Well, God is watching. I just hope the people of Sodom and Gomorrah won't petition God for destroying them and leaving Nigeria to continue this way.
Pastors tell members to store their treasures in heaven, while they (pastors) goabout buying expensive cars, houses and properties. Hmm, Fela already said it some years ago.
I wish to write more, but will pause for now. I await when the religious revolution will happen in Nigeria.
[/color][color=#000099][color=#000099][/color] angry angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors & Christianity, Plunging The Nation Into Total Destruction? by victorD3: 6:50am On Aug 29, 2013
This so call pastors are killing us. I'm personally considering becoming I full time Jehovah's witness atleast there they don't rob your money of you in the name of offerings and shit.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors & Christianity, Plunging The Nation Into Total Destruction? by Gregdcutie(m): 7:19am On Aug 29, 2013
victorD3: This so call pastors are killing us. I'm personally considering becoming I full time Jehovah's witness atleast there they don't rob your money of you in the name of offerings and shit.

its only God that will save us o
Re: Nigerian Pastors & Christianity, Plunging The Nation Into Total Destruction? by Omexonomy: 7:19am On Aug 29, 2013
I am not saying that all pastors are saint but Just because certain % of pastors are bad then you come to nairaland to insult all pastors so as to be relevant on nairaland congratulation you have been notice by seun and his mods.
@victorD3 you and those ur have bake illuminati doctrine also want to insult pastors.
Re: Nigerian Pastors & Christianity, Plunging The Nation Into Total Destruction? by Omexonomy: 7:22am On Aug 29, 2013
victorD3: This so call pastors are killing us. I'm personally considering becoming I full time Jehovah's witness atleast there they don't rob your money of you in the name of offerings and shit.

effect of too much hipocray and stupidity on nairaland
Re: Nigerian Pastors & Christianity, Plunging The Nation Into Total Destruction? by mazizitonene(m): 7:36am On Aug 29, 2013
Omexonomy: I am not saying that all pastors are saint but Just because certain % of pastors are bad then you come to nairaland to insult all pastors so as to be relevant on nairaland congratulation you have been notice by seun and his mods.
@victorD3 you and those ur have bake illuminati doctrine also want to insult pastors.
Guy....u need wisdom....stop talking nonsense wen u see d truth and facts

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors & Christianity, Plunging The Nation Into Total Destruction? by mazizitonene(m): 7:37am On Aug 29, 2013
Omexonomy: effect of too much hipocray and stupidity on nairaland
And yes....get an education

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors & Christianity, Plunging The Nation Into Total Destruction? by Gregdcutie(m): 7:45am On Aug 29, 2013
No one is out to insult pastors....this article didnt state "all nigerian pastors" hello it read "nigerian pastors" so if you feel ur pastor /"man of God" is among the good lot its ur pick. If only u would ve dropped ur sanctimonious and self-righteous self outside b4 reading this topic, u would ve enjoyed the piece #Not like most pple sef are heaven candidates with the horrible lives they lead

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors & Christianity, Plunging The Nation Into Total Destruction? by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 29, 2013
JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES ARE STILL LEADING BECAUSE THEW DO NNT ROB YOU OFF YOUR SALARY IN THE NAME OF TITHE AND THEIR LEADERS DO NOT HAVE PRIVATE JETS, AND BILLIONS OF $$$$

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors & Christianity, Plunging The Nation Into Total Destruction? by mencade5(m): 8:16am On Aug 29, 2013
pastors are getting richer and the members are getting poorer. Why! christians let us wake up ooooooo

.....*shed tears, drinks N5 pure water with N10 biscuits*

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors & Christianity, Plunging The Nation Into Total Destruction? by Ajibam: 8:24am On Aug 29, 2013
Very Good write up
There will still be more because this is the time of the end,,,our focus should be how we won't be swayed away from the real teaching to their fake formulated teachings..

Some members need to be take responsible too..
Nowadays they go to churches that preach prosperity and how To get two million in 5 days,,,
It is their personal decision not the pastor,,the pastor has to just panelbeat the gospel to syit their hearing so that they won't escape from the church

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors & Christianity, Plunging The Nation Into Total Destruction? by Gregdcutie(m): 8:25am On Aug 29, 2013
satanist: JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES ARE STILL LEADING BECAUSE THEW DO NNT ROB YOU OFF YOUR SALARY IN THE NAME OF TITHE AND THEIR LEADERS DO NOT HAVE PRIVATE JETS, AND BILLIONS OF $$$$
am sure some people will not rest with u on that submission though cause amongst if the good ones there are bad apples
Re: Nigerian Pastors & Christianity, Plunging The Nation Into Total Destruction? by Gregdcutie(m): 8:33am On Aug 29, 2013
satanist: JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES ARE STILL LEADING BECAUSE THEW DO NNT ROB YOU OFF YOUR SALARY IN THE NAME OF TITHE AND THEIR LEADERS DO NOT HAVE PRIVATE JETS, AND BILLIONS OF $$$$
am sure some people will not rest with u on that submission though cause amongst if the good ones there are bad apples.
Re: Nigerian Pastors & Christianity, Plunging The Nation Into Total Destruction? by Omexonomy: 8:57am On Aug 29, 2013
Which wisdom, wisdom to insult the good the bad and the ugly pastors. Next time if you want to insult pastors go ahead but dont forget to mention names
mazizi tonene:
Guy....u need wisdom....stop talking nonsense wen u see d truth and facts
Re: Nigerian Pastors & Christianity, Plunging The Nation Into Total Destruction? by Omexonomy: 9:02am On Aug 29, 2013
Gregdcutie: No one is out to insult pastors....this article didnt state "all nigerian pastors" hello it read "nigerian pastors" so if you feel ur pastor /"man of God" is among the good lot its ur pick. If only u would ve dropped ur sanctimonious and self-righteous self outside b4 reading this topic, u would ve enjoyed the piece #Not like most pple sef are heaven candidates with the horrible lives they lead
there are the good the bad and the ugly pastors. Next tim try and mention names and denominations
Re: Nigerian Pastors & Christianity, Plunging The Nation Into Total Destruction? by Omexonomy: 9:07am On Aug 29, 2013
Gregdcutie: am sure some people will not rest with u on that submission though cause amongst if the good ones there are bad apples

you can see how you people are cunningly bringing SATAN THE DECIEAVER INTO THE CHRISTIAN FOLD. Continue and may ur effort be crown with failure.
Re: Nigerian Pastors & Christianity, Plunging The Nation Into Total Destruction? by Gregdcutie(m): 9:13am On Aug 29, 2013
Omexonomy: there are the good the bad and the ugly pastors. Next tim try and mention names and denominations
>>puts hands on the head and screams>>Then you just want that religious revolution to start here on nairaland.
Re: Nigerian Pastors & Christianity, Plunging The Nation Into Total Destruction? by Gregdcutie(m): 9:16am On Aug 29, 2013
Omexonomy:
you can see how you people are cunningly bringing SATAN THE DECIEAVER INTO THE CHRISTIAN FOLD. Continue and may ur effort be crown with failure.
confused much 4 some self righteous and sanctimonous lot.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors & Christianity, Plunging The Nation Into Total Destruction? by Gregdcutie(m): 9:20am On Aug 29, 2013
Omexonomy:
confused much 4 some self righteous and sanctimonous lot. How does encouraging our brothers and sisters to be cautious amount to welcoming "satan the deciever" into our midst. Bro even the bible encourages us to be as wise as a serpent

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors & Christianity, Plunging The Nation Into Total Destruction? by Nobody: 9:30am On Aug 29, 2013
YOU GUYS DIDNT GET MY POST, I ONLY SAID THAT IN THE AREA OF LOOTING IN THE NAME OF TITHE AND OFFERING, JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES ARE CLEAN. #DAZALL

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors & Christianity, Plunging The Nation Into Total Destruction? by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 29, 2013
It is almost impossible to set the religious slaves free,excepts the slaves themselves decides to be freed. Before i acknowledge a law,i firstly look at the origin of the law. The biblical laws were created by the slave masters. It was never for the benefit of the slaves but for the masters.

The pastors will continue to milk the members of their churches until there is a revolt. It doesn't look like there will be one soon.at the moment the slaves are comfortable with lies.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors & Christianity, Plunging The Nation Into Total Destruction? by Nobody: 9:48am On Aug 29, 2013
ifeness: It is almost impossible to set the religious slaves free,excepts the slaves themselves decides to be freed. Before i acknowledge a law,i firstly look at the origin of the law. The biblical laws were created by the slave masters. It was never for the benefit of the slaves but for the masters.

The pastors will continue to milk the members of their churches until there is a revolt. It doesn't look like there will be one soon.at the moment the slaves are comfortable with lies.
1000000000000000000000000000000 likes

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors & Christianity, Plunging The Nation Into Total Destruction? by Omexonomy: 10:08am On Aug 29, 2013
Let it start i am looking forward to that they.
Gregdcutie: >>puts hands on the head and screams>>Then you just want that religious revolution to start here on nairaland.
Re: Nigerian Pastors & Christianity, Plunging The Nation Into Total Destruction? by Omexonomy: 10:10am On Aug 29, 2013
I gave fact you called me funny names.
Gregdcutie: confused much 4 some self righteous and sanctimonous lot.
Re: Nigerian Pastors & Christianity, Plunging The Nation Into Total Destruction? by Omexonomy: 10:12am On Aug 29, 2013
The advice of satan the greatgrandfather of lies and evil is not needed hear.
satanist: YOU GUYS DIDNT GET MY POST, I ONLY SAID THAT IN THE AREA OF LOOTING IN THE NAME OF TITHE AND OFFERING, JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES ARE CLEAN. #DAZALL
Re: Nigerian Pastors & Christianity, Plunging The Nation Into Total Destruction? by Omexonomy: 10:40am On Aug 29, 2013
Behold the atheist and and the SATANIST two evil bedfellows washing their dirty and smelling pants and pouring the water on christain.
Name the pastors and their denominations.
ifeness: It is almost impossible to set the religious slaves free,excepts the slaves themselves decides to be freed. Before i acknowledge a law,i firstly look at the origin of the law. The biblical laws were created by the slave masters. It was never for the benefit of the slaves but for the masters.

satanist: 1000000000000000000000000000000 likes
Re: Nigerian Pastors & Christianity, Plunging The Nation Into Total Destruction? by Gregdcutie(m): 12:53pm On Aug 29, 2013
Omexonomy: Behold the atheist and and the SATANIST two evil bedfellows washing their dirty and smelling pants and pouring the water on christain.
Name the pastors and their denominations.
Re: Nigerian Pastors & Christianity, Plunging The Nation Into Total Destruction? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 29, 2013
[quote author=Gregdcutie][/quote]

ENOCH ABEBOYE
DAVID OYEDEPO
TUNDE BAKARE
ASHIMOLOWO
WILLIAMS KUMUYI
KRIS OKOTIE
CHRIS OYAKHILOME
ANTHONY OKOGIE
AKINOLA
EMMANUEL OLUMIDE
CHARLES OSUEKE
UMAH UKPAI
BADEJO
CARDINAL ARINZE
FATHER MBAKA
FATHER EDE
T. ODUKOYA
D.K. OLUKOYA
LAZARUS MUOKA
MARGARET IDAHOSA
S. AYORINDE
SAM AMAGA
SAM ADEYEMI
ANSELM MADUBUKO
REV EZIKIEL
MIKE OKONKWO
NKECHI ILOPUTAIFE
WALE OKE
EMMANUEL KURE
AYO ORITSEJAFOR

Which one of the above is not rich,Lier and manipulator?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors & Christianity, Plunging The Nation Into Total Destruction? by Gregdcutie(m): 1:19pm On Aug 29, 2013
Whilst we let those who choose to be blind perish in ignorance. Lets not 4get that even the bible which still remains the reference for xtians advocates that we be as wise as serpents. Buh like salvation it stills comes down to "choice" what u choose to believe. #Fact on the last day you wont be standing behind ur pastor/G.0/Man of God...its going to be everyman 4 himself.
2. And not that i am or will ever be advocating the use of names like satanist 4 usernames. You would weep blood 4 christ's sake if only you were previledged to see and know (of course without being taken by biase..again) what the people who bear "biblical and saints names" do behind close doors. WATCH and pray says it all. Let me clear ur doubt am a christian #a stunch catholic buh unlike u selfrighteous and sanctimonous lots am openminded
Re: Nigerian Pastors & Christianity, Plunging The Nation Into Total Destruction? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 29, 2013
Gregdcutie: Whilst we let those who choose to be blind perish in ignorance. Lets not 4get that even the bible which still remains the reference for xtians advocates that we be as wise as serpents. Buh like salvation it stills comes down to "choice" what u choose to believe. #Fact on the last day you wont be standing behind ur pastor/G.0/Man of God...its going to be everyman 4 himself.
2. And not that i am or will ever be advocating the use of names like satanist 4 usernames. You would weep blood 4 christ's sake if only you were previledged to see and know (of course without being taken by biase..again) what the people who bear "biblical and saints names" do behind close doors. WATCH and pray says it all. Let me clear ur doubt am a christian #a stunch catholic buh unlike u selfrighteous and sanctimonous lots am openminded

Your last day will only happen to you and those who believe in your christian philosophy. As for the rest of the positive thinking humans, we will experience none of that but a world that will change to what we prefer. Say no to the Jewish tradition, it pays to remain a pure African.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pastors & Christianity, Plunging The Nation Into Total Destruction? by Gregdcutie(m): 1:25pm On Aug 29, 2013
ifeness:

ENOCH ABEBOYE
DAVID OYEDEPO
TUNDE BAKARE
ASHIMOLOWO
WILLIAMS KUMUYI
KRIS OKOTIE
CHRIS OYAKHILOME
ANTHONY OKOGIE
AKINOLA
EMMANUEL OLUMIDE
CHARLES OSUEKE
UMAH UKPAI
BADEJO
CARDINAL ARINZE
FATHER MBAKA
FATHER EDE
T. ODUKOYA
D.K. OLUKOYA
LAZARUS MUOKA
MARGARET IDAHOSA
S. AYORINDE
SAM AMAGA
SAM ADEYEMI
ANSELM MADUBUKO
REV EZIKIEL
MIKE OKONKWO
NKECHI ILOPUTAIFE
WALE OKE
EMMANUEL KURE
AYO ORITSEJAFOR

Which one of the above is not rich,Lier and manipulator?
>>runs away before it hits>> no be my mouth e comeout o. U wamt make them finish u here o.
Re: Nigerian Pastors & Christianity, Plunging The Nation Into Total Destruction? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 29, 2013
Gregdcutie: >>runs away before it hits>> no be my mouth e comeout o. U wamt make them finish u here o.

Na who get the liver?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wow !!!: One Of The Greatness Of The "Holy Quran". / How Superstition Almost Made Me Blind. / New Theory Could Prove How Life Began And Disprove God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.