Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,078 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

Usher Should Please Stop Immitating P. Square - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Usher Should Please Stop Immitating P. Square (12698 Views)

Please Stop Insulting Onyeka Onwenu By Calling Her "Elegant Stallion" / Peter (P-Square) Shares A Picture of Him And His Wife / Kim Kardashian's Fake Bottom - Please Stop Vouching For It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Usher Should Please Stop Immitating P. Square by Shaz(f): 3:38pm On Aug 04, 2008
Y'all are still answering the joker?
Re: Usher Should Please Stop Immitating P. Square by thando(f): 3:46pm On Aug 04, 2008
psq zda best so forget all da rest
Re: Usher Should Please Stop Immitating P. Square by Shaz(f): 4:22pm On Aug 04, 2008
Forget Usher when he's been doin his thing from way back. . yeah right
Re: Usher Should Please Stop Immitating P. Square by priscasegz: 5:08pm On Aug 04, 2008
shaz what are you doing? Sure you not blind.
Re: Usher Should Please Stop Immitating P. Square by dyabman(m): 7:38pm On Aug 04, 2008
Now this thread is Funny , hahahahahahaha grin grin grin

Before dem born pit square , usher dey sing , u need to close this thread asap!
Re: Usher Should Please Stop Immitating P. Square by bunmii(f): 7:40pm On Aug 04, 2008
even before i read your story i was laughing lol
i doubt if usher has EVER heard of those two.
Re: Usher Should Please Stop Immitating P. Square by powderPink(f): 7:42pm On Aug 04, 2008
@ topic
yes i agree, usher must stop lol grin. Luv p square
Re: Usher Should Please Stop Immitating P. Square by Emad(f): 8:57am On Aug 05, 2008
grin grin grin grin grin

i dey just die laugh
wona di too foolish for this nairaland
Re: Usher Should Please Stop Immitating P. Square by yongbabe(f): 1:46pm On Aug 05, 2008
Emad:

grin grin grin grin grin

i dey just die laugh
wona di too foolish for this nairaland

Emad longest tyme how far??
Re: Usher Should Please Stop Immitating P. Square by Emad(f): 2:46pm On Aug 05, 2008
Yong babe
I am fine

Hey guest what i got the styl-plus album
so if you want some songs just send me your email

piracy go kill those boys lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Usher Should Please Stop Immitating P. Square by yongbabe(f): 3:17pm On Aug 05, 2008
Emad:

Yong babe
I am fine

Hey guest what i got the styl-plus album
so if you want some songs just send me your email

piracy go kill those boys lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Hahhaha grin grin grin,
i am goin to reveal ma e-mail 4 tday k?
10x
Re: Usher Should Please Stop Immitating P. Square by Ojomo007: 4:51pm On Aug 06, 2008
Damn people still look here
Re: Usher Should Please Stop Immitating P. Square by Emad(f): 5:22pm On Aug 06, 2008
Ojomo007:

Damn people still look here

so ur name is now people
Re: Usher Should Please Stop Immitating P. Square by delvinmaya(m): 7:13pm On Aug 07, 2008
Early works and debut: 1992 — 1996

At age thirteen, Raymond competed on Star Search, where he was spotted by an A&R representative from LaFace Records, who arranged an audition for him with L.A. Reid. A contract with the company soon followed. Usher was introduced on "Call Me A Mack," a song he recorded for the soundtrack album to the John Singleton film, Poetic Justice.

Snapshot from the music video for "Think of You" (1995).

On August 30, 1994, LaFace released Usher's self-titled debut album. Sean "P Diddy" Combs produced several of the tracks and co-executive produced the album.[5] Usher peaked at number twenty-five on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart[7] and was accompanied by three singles: "Can U Get Wit It," "Think Of You," and "The Many Ways."[8]

After graduating from high school, Usher continued to hone his skills as a stage performer and laid the groundwork for his second album. He also appeared on "Let's Straighten It Out", a 1995 duet with fellow Atlanta teen recording artist Monica[9]; and on "Dreamin'", from Rhythm of the Games, LaFace's 1996 Olympic Games benefit album.[10] He was also featured on the Kazaam soundtrack with "I swear I'm in love"

Rising popularity: 1997 — 2002

Snapshot from the music video for "Nice and Slow" (1997).

Usher developed a friendship with Jermaine Dupri, with whom he co-wrote and produced several tracks for his second album, My Way, released on September 16, 1997. The lead-off single, "You Make Me Wanna" was serviced to radio that summer and hit number one in its second week out—the same week that the album was released. "You Make Me Wanna" stayed on top of the R&B/Hip-Hop track charts for a total of 11 weeks (the longest-charting R&B hit in more than 3 years) and at #2 on the Pop charts for 7 weeks (second only to Elton John's "Candle In the Wind."wink The single remained on the R&B chart for an unprecedented 71 weeks and became Usher's first platinum single. The album's second single, "Nice & Slow," was released in November, and in January 1998 peaked at #1 on the Hot 100 Singles Chart for two weeks, as well as #1 on the R&B/Hip-Hop Singles chart for eight weeks. The following summer, the album's eponymous single title track peaked #2 pop/#4 R&B.

In the closing months of 1997, Usher embarked on a series of tour engagements including a spot on Puffy's No Way Out tour, dates with Mary J. Blige, and the opening spot on Janet Jackson's The Velvet Rope tour. My Way was certified 6x platinum in the United States. Usher received his first Grammy Award nomination as Best Male R&B Vocal Performance for "You Make Me Wanna," which was also nominated for a Soul Train Music Award as ‘Best Male R&B/Soul Single.'

Usher made his acting debut on the UPN television series Moesha, which resulted in a recurring role on the series and subsequently his first film role in 1998's The Faculty. Usher's extracurricular activities outside of the recording studio gathered momentum over the following year as he was cast in the daytime drama The Bold and the Beautiful and was seen in the family series Promised Land. He completed two more films, She's All That, and his first starring role in Light It Up. He also appeared in the Disney TV movie "Geppetto" with Drew Carey. Usher also became involved community activities: he served as national spokesperson for the U.S. Department of Transportation's "Get Big On Safety" campaign, and appeared on NBC's NBA Inside Stuff. He also participated in the NBA's "Stay In School" program, and performed at several of the franchise's jamborees.

Raymond's first concert album, Live was released in 1999 — which featured appearances by Lil' Kim, Jagged Edge, Trey Lorenz, Shanice, Twista and Manuel Seal, and was RIAA-certified Gold.
CHECK THAT OUT BEEN SINGING B4 PSQUARE DREAMT OF SINGING

ALWAYS CHECK OR RATHER CROSS CHECK YOUR FACTS RIGHT K
Re: Usher Should Please Stop Immitating P. Square by xJaysonx(m): 9:27pm On Aug 07, 2008
Dumbest thread of the year!
Re: Usher Should Please Stop Immitating P. Square by kemisuga(f): 11:05am On Aug 08, 2008
LINEOBA your are simply funny grin. When did P rectangle began to sing, that Usher has to imitate them.

Nuzo trying to be a joker.
Re: Usher Should Please Stop Immitating P. Square by origina9ja(f): 12:47pm On Aug 08, 2008
@ poster
no need 2 secure p square as u are their fan
coz i don inform usher so he promise 2 start rock music and a bit of classic
Re: Usher Should Please Stop Immitating P. Square by Scopium: 12:49pm On Aug 12, 2008
[size=13pt]You guys don't get it. I think the guy is simply being IRONICAL, he means exactly the opposite. Those PINCH/PHILSH square rats don over do themselves.[/size]
Re: Usher Should Please Stop Immitating P. Square by obongyi: 1:19am On Sep 12, 2008
This thread must be the most hilarious thread I've seen so far grin grin grin
Re: Usher Should Please Stop Immitating P. Square by shotster50(m): 11:27pm On Oct 11, 2008
@ poster

You are really taking the piss,
Re: Usher Should Please Stop Immitating P. Square by sima(f): 9:10am On Oct 13, 2008
lloll. . this post is reli funny n' dumb
welll, i think it's peter that is imitating usher oO grin n' not usher imitatin peter
Re: Usher Should Please Stop Immitating P. Square by idupaul: 9:20am On Oct 13, 2008
welll, i think it's peter that is imitation usher oO

which kine gramma be dis abeg
Re: Usher Should Please Stop Immitating P. Square by walttt(m): 9:36am On Oct 13, 2008
did the thread initiator mean copying in the reverse[b][/b]?!
Re: Usher Should Please Stop Immitating P. Square by sima(f): 6:43pm On Oct 13, 2008
idupaul:

which kine gramma be this abeg
na u make d mistake grin
Re: Usher Should Please Stop Immitating P. Square by sima(f): 6:03am On Oct 17, 2008
ZzzzzZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz . . *snoring*
Re: Usher Should Please Stop Immitating P. Square by shotster50(m): 1:12am On Oct 19, 2008
Someone needs to get Ushers Lawyers on P Squares asses.
Re: Usher Should Please Stop Immitating P. Square by TOYOSI20(f): 8:42pm On Oct 19, 2008
Too funny. . . . . . wink.the OP sounds all mixed up and stuff. . . . . . . . lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Usher Should Please Stop Immitating P. Square by bethsy: 8:42pm On Feb 08, 2009
this guy is in deed crazy
Re: Usher Should Please Stop Immitating P. Square by winnalo(f): 1:38pm On Feb 27, 2009
obaline is still in his right senses, jus that his high school teacher forgot to teach him what we mean by standards. obaline, a standard is "a rule or principle that is used as a basis for judgment". so by what standard is p-square better than usher that he should copy them. nollywood or hollyhood. i like p-square and i'm more than a fan but to say usher immitates the twins is a lie. i love p-square. kiss
Re: Usher Should Please Stop Immitating P. Square by amaikama(m): 11:23am On Mar 10, 2009
Wen Usher is doing his thing, P squares are still babies in their mothers womb angry I think wat the poster was trying to say is, Psquare should stop cppying Usher. grin
Re: Usher Should Please Stop Immitating P. Square by Kx: 11:37am On Mar 10, 2009
The much P Square has achieved is continental fame,Usher is an intercontinental/international fame.
Usher may not have heard of one PSquare somewhere in "Africa".
Lets get serious, na Busy body dey copy Usher period.
Re: Usher Should Please Stop Immitating P. Square by teissys(f): 11:35am On Jun 22, 2009
@OP
Na wah for you sha. You can make a very good joker

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

When Cardi B Fires Dj On Stage | Davido Teeth / Toke Makinwa Tours Kenya For Her "On Becoming" Book (Photos) / Charles Awurum Launches Beauty Pageant Competition In MAFAA Awards 2018‎

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.