Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,897 members, 7,956,389 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:02 AM

Sad News: Confusion As Flood Sweeps Away Nine-year-old Boy (PHOTO) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Sad News: Confusion As Flood Sweeps Away Nine-year-old Boy (PHOTO) (964 Views)

Lagos Trader Rapes Nine-year-old Boy In The Anus / My Mum Cut My Hands After I Ate At A Party: 10-yr-old Boy(PHOTO) / Confusion As Wife Kills Husband On Valentine’s Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sad News: Confusion As Flood Sweeps Away Nine-year-old Boy (PHOTO) by IamDrock(m): 8:37am On Aug 29, 2013
Fear and uncertainty has enveloped Oke-Ekoro, Sango areaof Ogun State, over the whereabouts of a nine-year-old boy, Gbenga Gbadamosi, who was seen being swept away by flood on Tuesday.
It was learnt that the community had experienced a downpour before the incident occurred.
When our correspondent visited the area on Wednesday, youths and other members of the community were seen draining thewater in a gully in the area with the hope of retrieving the body of the youngster. As of 12noon whenthe exercise was completed, no body was found there.
Our correspondent learnt that Gbenga fell into a canal in the area while attempting to pick his sibling's slippers which had fallen into the water. It was initially believed that the water in the canalswept Gbenga into the gully.
The community leader, Emmanuel Keshiro, told PUNCH Metro that although the rain fell for a short time, it was quite heavy.
He said, "Gbenga and two of his siblings were coming from their mother's shop after the rain. They were walking by the edge of the canal, when the slippers of one of them fell into the canal.
"Gbenga, being the first child, wanted to pick it, but his leg slipped into the canal and the floodswept him away.
"The two siblings were only crying,so nobody knew what happened until they ran to the shop and told their mother. She was the one that raised the alarm."
Our correspondent visited the scene and observed that the canal passed through the community to connect with another town. Weedsand grass cover up the surface of the gully, which also has sharp pointed edges.
Gbenga's father, Agunbiade, a driver, said he was at his place of work when he heard the news.
He said his wife had earlier informed him of the rain and he told her to hurry home to look after the children.
"When it was evening, I began to dial her line to know her whereabouts. I discovered it was switched off. Someone later called to inform me that flood had swept my son away. I was shocked.
"Gbenga is my first child and he was a well-behaved and gentle child. I love him so much because even everybody in the area knows him for his quiet conduct. I can't still believe what is happening now."
He decried the attitude of the police and the fire service to the situation, which he described as nonchalant.
A resident, Bomi Akintade, said the police merely put up appearance atthe community on Tuesday and leftthe residents to grapple with the crisis.
He said the residents started rescue efforts at 4pm on Tuesday till late into the night and resumed 6am on Wednesday.
He said, "We have employed all means to no avail. This water camefrom Joju, a neigbouring town. It isunfortunate that the government has not been helpful. It was even the landlords' association that constructed the bridge over the canal. We will continue to search for the boy.''
Another resident, Lawal Mansour, said it was the second time in three years, that such tragedy would befall the community.
He appealed for the intervention ofthe Ogun State Government to helpin building a safe water channel.
The state's Police Public Relations Officer, Muyiwa Adejobi, confirmedthe incident. He said, "The case was reported at Ota division."
http://www./sad-confusion-as-flood-sweeps-away-nine.xhtml [url=http://]Click Here[/url] For More latest gists/news like this today.
Re: Sad News: Confusion As Flood Sweeps Away Nine-year-old Boy (PHOTO) by wrench: 8:48am On Aug 29, 2013
RIP lil boy.
Re: Sad News: Confusion As Flood Sweeps Away Nine-year-old Boy (PHOTO) by wasak(m): 8:54am On Aug 29, 2013
if not for d fact dat ds is a heartwrenching issue.... I wud av said am d 2nd to comment... lemme leave dat aside...so sad to hear bad emergency management in Naija
..good people great nation... P.s...dnt beef my position na. God...endtimetinsnoni
Re: Sad News: Confusion As Flood Sweeps Away Nine-year-old Boy (PHOTO) by Tolexander: 9:05am On Aug 29, 2013
wrench: RIP lil boy.
they didn't say the boy is dead now. They are still searching for him.
Re: Sad News: Confusion As Flood Sweeps Away Nine-year-old Boy (PHOTO) by Dejohnbull: 9:08am On Aug 29, 2013
God hav mercy, R i p boy.
Re: Sad News: Confusion As Flood Sweeps Away Nine-year-old Boy (PHOTO) by Tuntheycr7: 9:26am On Aug 29, 2013
Tolexander: they didn't say the boy is dead now. They are still searching for him.
guy this is d 3rd day d inncident hapnd, and he 's jux a teen.
RIP BOY he wanna save a slippers and lost his own life. I blamed his careless mother.
Re: Sad News: Confusion As Flood Sweeps Away Nine-year-old Boy (PHOTO) by mysticgal(f): 9:50am On Aug 29, 2013
all of you saying rip,did you certify him dead?,for all i care he may still be alive,*pissed off*angry
Re: Sad News: Confusion As Flood Sweeps Away Nine-year-old Boy (PHOTO) by Tolexander: 11:18am On Aug 29, 2013
Tuntheycr7:
guy this is d 3rd day d inncident hapnd, and he 's jux a teen.
RIP BOY he wanna save a slippers and lost his own life. I blamed his careless mother.

Fear and uncertainty has
enveloped Oke-Ekoro, Sango
areaof Ogun State, over the
whereabouts of a nine-year-old
boy
, Gbenga Gbadamosi, who
was seen being swept away by
flood on Tuesday.
a 9-year-old boy isn't a teen.

What if he has been rescued by another person and still recuperating?
Re: Sad News: Confusion As Flood Sweeps Away Nine-year-old Boy (PHOTO) by cartop: 9:27pm On Aug 18, 2014
IMPORTANT ...SEE WHAT THEY ARE SAYING ABOUT GOODLUCK JONATHNA http://forfreesociety./2014/08/15/top-5-worst-democratically-elected-presidents-in-africa/

(1) (Reply)

Million-dollar Dating Scam . Oyibo (not Naija) Mum And Daughter Jailed / Boko Haram Sends Girls To The War Front-line / Graphic Picture Of APC Stalwart Killed In Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.