Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,851 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:11 PM

ASUU Strike: Students Give Fg, ASUU 7-day Ultimatum - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: Students Give Fg, ASUU 7-day Ultimatum (685 Views)

5 Excuses Students Give To Their Parents When They Fail Their Exams / ASUU STRIKE: Students Insist On Planned Protest Despite Police Presence / ASUU Strike - Students’ Peaceful Protest Turns Bloody In Delta (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Strike: Students Give Fg, ASUU 7-day Ultimatum by idedan(m): 11:09am On Aug 29, 2013
The National
Association of
Nigerian Students (NANS), yesterday issued a one-
week ultimatum to the Federal Government and
the union’s leadership to resolve their differences
or face corrosive consequences.
The students have vowed that they would take
their destinies in their own hands if the parties
failed to reconcile within a week and that they will
go on a nation-wide riot in what it described as
‘operation occupy Nigeria’.
The students’ body appealed to ASUU to return to
the classroom and continue negotiation with the
Federal Government since the latter claimed to
have released over N100 billion for infrastructural
development and another N30 billion for
allowances.
“We are appealing to ASUU that since the Federal
Government has been able to release N100 billion
for infrastructural development and N30 billion for
allowance, they should go back to classroom and
continue their negotiation or agitation. This is our
prayer and wish.
“We are giving them one week to open the schools
or be ready to face corrosive consequences in form
of nation-wide demonstration and riots. We are
ready to mobilise for that and it will be operation
occupy Nigeria,” he said.
Lamenting the effect of the strike, Obasi said
students have become prone to accidents on the
highways and the female students have been
reduced to s*x hawkers on the streets.
His words: “I stand to tell you that a lot of
accidents have been recorded and 99.9% of the
victims are Nigerian students. If they were in
classrooms, they would not have fallen victims of
road crashes.
“Our female students have become commercial s*x
hawkers on the streets in order to make ends
meet. This colossal effect is more than what ASUU
is agitating for. Hence, we can no longer fold our
arms and watch things go wrong.”
Source: Daily Sun Newspaper

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Students Give Fg, ASUU 7-day Ultimatum by Saintsquare(m): 11:20am On Aug 29, 2013
The protesters should be very careful and be wary of the Police,the protest might turn bloody.Its such a shame on fg,using the students as bait so as to avoid implementing the 2009 agreement.God help Nigeria.
Re: ASUU Strike: Students Give Fg, ASUU 7-day Ultimatum by tobiit(m): 11:32am On Aug 29, 2013
If this will be the solution to the lingering strike, then i'm with NANS on this. 2nd to comment sha...
Re: ASUU Strike: Students Give Fg, ASUU 7-day Ultimatum by Tuntheycr7: 11:47am On Aug 29, 2013
Any student who loves him/her self shud sitdown 4house o and PRAY make sumtin gud hapnd.
Bcoz the FEAR OF NIGERIA POLICE is the startin point to safe ursef 4rm early grave. My cents
Re: ASUU Strike: Students Give Fg, ASUU 7-day Ultimatum by macb(m): 11:51am On Aug 29, 2013
Having endured the travail of staying at home with no vacation jobs, it is evident that the parties involved hold little or no concern for the students. Therefore let the student engage the parties to the table possibly with a non violent protest and negotiation.
Re: ASUU Strike: Students Give Fg, ASUU 7-day Ultimatum by Ayima: 12:00pm On Aug 29, 2013
This ASUU/Fg conundrum is an enigma to me.Our educational system is in the state of quagmire and doldrums, as far as i am concerned a country that doesn’t pay attention to her educational sector that country is already experiencing hell on planet earth.Corruption is a major factor militating against Nigerian growth and development, Fg is corrupt and ASUU too are corrupt individuals.ASUU will collect that money from the FG and in the end they will still collect money from students and dash them As just like that,they harrass girls, collect sorting infact most of them doesn’t even come to class to lecture, I’m crying for my country Nigeria because I’m so afraid that even God may find it cumbersome tor change this country.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Covenant University Pre Degree Form Is Out / Delsu Pre Degree/diploma Form Is Out. / Asup Shuts Polytechnics,joins ASUU Strike•

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.