Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,489 members, 7,770,204 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:19 AM

Igede Agba New Yam Festival Is Coming Up Next Week:by Preemoo Ntfoxy Bone - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igede Agba New Yam Festival Is Coming Up Next Week:by Preemoo Ntfoxy Bone (2816 Views)

ICSN Iri Ji (new Yam) Festival 2014 / New Yam Festival Among Igbos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igede Agba New Yam Festival Is Coming Up Next Week:by Preemoo Ntfoxy Bone by FoxyRebirth(m): 3:27pm On Aug 29, 2013
The Igede peoples speaking of benue state all over the world will observe or celebrate their new yam festival which by GOD grace will hold next week, i therefore, invite every body for the celebration.Wishing all the Son and Daughter of igede land or people in advance. I want to use this medium to appeal to all the son and daughter of igede land to please contribute their quota in one way or other to make our land a better place.
Re: Igede Agba New Yam Festival Is Coming Up Next Week:by Preemoo Ntfoxy Bone by bokohalal(m): 4:22pm On Aug 29, 2013
You are Igbo! According to some Igbos here in Nairaland, only Igbos celebrate New Yam Festival.

Happy New Yam, my man!
Re: Igede Agba New Yam Festival Is Coming Up Next Week:by Preemoo Ntfoxy Bone by OdenigboAroli(m): 7:09am On Aug 30, 2013
bokohalal: You are Igbo! According to some Igbos here in Nairaland, only Igbos celebrate New Yam Festival.

Happy New Yam, my man!

Did you ask the Op where in Benue is Igede is located before you start running your big mouth.

Igbo has influenced a lot of people because we have a very rich and influencial culture and most who borrowed from us didn't know the origin of such culture.
I have told you before,the Igbo has robust and explicit yam culture and rituals that goes with it. It is a symbol of wealth and a great farmer. A lot of our neigbhors plant it,eat it but they do not have a yam tradition. In Nri tradition,a woman doesn't go into a yam barn to get a yam. When my father isn't around,being the diokpala,my mother will ask me to go into the barn and get a yam. Now,that's what you call yam tradition. To the Igbo, yam farming is a lifestyle. It is special to us and we make a lot of dishes with. Example; ji ahulu ahu,ju agwolu agwo,nni ji na ofe nsala,ji akwukwo nni,ji awii. We also have chieftaincy titles given to very successful yam farmers like okotalukwe,diji,onyeluo and ezeoba. No groups in Nigeria celebrates and ritualize yam crop like the Igbo and that speaks volume of the Igbo and the origin of yam.
Re: Igede Agba New Yam Festival Is Coming Up Next Week:by Preemoo Ntfoxy Bone by gabbym(m): 9:52am On Aug 25, 2014
when is the date?

(1) (Reply)

Horoscope:Need Help With Your Zodiac? / Ashamed Of Being African/ Black - Someone Help Me Overcome My Complex! / Good Qualities Of The Three Major Ethnic Groups In Nigeria, Worthy Of Emulation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.