Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,075 members, 7,825,397 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) - Education (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) (102939 Views)

Ahmadu Bello University (abu)2015/2016 Acceptance Fee/school Fees Payment Is On / Ahmadu Bello University,zaria Post Utme 2014/2015 Result Is Out!!! / Ahmadu Bello University(abu),zaria Remedial Form 4 2011/2012 On Sale. Call Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by Chartey(m): 9:44pm On Dec 10, 2013
Jarus:
My honest take on ABU-OAU debate.

AESTHETICS: I have been to both school. I finished from OAU, have a sister that finished from ABU, but had also been to OAU, and confirmed OAU is more beautiful. I think OAU is better. OAU has more eye-popping structures, ABU structures are mostly ordinary, but I think they do well in terms of maintenance of their environment, lawns etc. If OAU was how it was when I left in 2006, I will say ABU has better maintenace culture. But I was there again last year and saw that they've really improved in that aspect too. I was surprised to see the lawns better maintained, etc. We should also not forget that OAU lays claim to being the most beautiful university in Africa unchallenged(and used to be actually, until recently when it becomes arguable). If it wasn't, this epithet would not have survived for so long. In fact, it was rated the 25th most beautiful estate in the world in 1985 or so. We can not say all these are just hype by OAU alumni. It must have substance for it to have endured so long. I think it is only in this our generation that the comparison begins to surface. Over all, I think OAU beats ABU in terms on beauty.

LAND MASS: I used to think OAU had the biggest land mass, but I have been confronted with convincing evidence to give this to ABU. Although, this cannot be confirmed by just mere visit that I did, but I think wiki entry is sufficient. Wiki says ABu has the largest land mass. Mohammed Haruna, the Nation columnist, also described it as such in his tribute to ABU at 50. Another testimony to the fact that OAU trumps ABU in terms of beauty is, all articles that eulogise ABU with great superlatives, from wiki entry to Mohammed Haruna's tribute to school's official articles, did not mention it as being the most beautiful, but conveniently hammered on it being the largest in sub-saharan Africa. It is only in informal gossips like this that we compare ABU with OAU in terms of beauty. Also, I don't think OAU students dispute ABU having a larger land mass. So, it is indisputable that ABU trumps OAU in land mass.

ALUMNI: I think ABU and UNN have the richest alumni list in Nigeria. But the reason is actually no brainer: While the North and east had respectively ABU and UNN only in the golden generation of scholarship in Nigeria (60's-70's), the West had UI, Unilag and OAU to share its bright minds. So, taken individually, I think ABU has the most intimidating list of alumni in Nigeria, followed by UNN, and then by UI, Unilag and Ife in no order. The first graduate president of Nigeria, Yar'adua, for example, is an ABU alumnus. I don't want to start rolling out others, but I am personally convinced ABU trumped OAU in terms of intimidating alumni

RECENT PRODUCTS: As is evidenced from this thread where products of OAU and ABU are murdering grammar in an embarrassing fashion, it is obvious that both schools, like many other Nigerian schools, are losing it. I am a product of OAU and of course know many very sound products of OAU of my generation, but I know very good guys from ABU too, smart guys.

ACADEMICS: I think down here, we underrate ABU. Forget about Boko Haram, forget about the general perception about the north, ABU has always been and is still in the same class with the UIs, OAUs, UNNs and Unilags of the south. I have studied products of the school and I make bold to say they compete well with us.

Conclusion: I did my first degree in OAU. I am a great fan of OAU and believe OAU brings out your potential more than any other school in Nigeria. If I were to do first degree again, I will still easily choose OAU. I may not be able to argue that OAU is the best school in Nigeria, but if I were to advise younger ones, I will tell them to try OAU, not only because of what they will learn in classes but what they will learn beyond classes on campus campus. But ABU ranks second in terms of my personal respect. They have very quality lecturers. I wont mind taking a second degree in ABU.
The man Jarus himself. You almost succeeded in making me change my mind with your comment. Everything is true except the 1st point. I hope to see you here soon for that second degree.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 10, 2013
Olugbenger:

Oga mi, these guys are just quite stubborn and unrepentant. They had to degrade OAU just to drive silly facts and score cheaps points.

It's fun doing this.
wink
lol......after spending ages to regroup, here u r, blabbering as usual

1 Like

Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by chemprince(m): 9:48pm On Dec 10, 2013
Chartey:
Chemistry Dept. "Sea never dry" at the far left.
I represent the great department of Chemistry-SCSN PRESIDENT
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by Olugbenger(m): 9:50pm On Dec 10, 2013
Ruxy_G: lol......after spending ages to regroup, here u r, blabbering as usual

Do you expect me to spend the whole day on this forum?

Just listen to yourself. .

1 Like

Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by Cmfrt001(f): 9:52pm On Dec 10, 2013
donfemo: The largest and the best in south saharan Africa! So great, so unique! An ABU graduate is naturally ahead!
yes ooo an ABU student is naturally ahead as we lead and others follow. *school on my mind*. My problem now is that why was my department not captured na? No ABU without the department of political science & international studies and the faculty of social science as a whole.

2 Likes

Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:55pm On Dec 10, 2013
bt ur earlier responses hav bin pound-for-pound sort of....d@ particular one took long...#jux saying
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by Olugbenger(m): 9:57pm On Dec 10, 2013
^i was online and active then.

That was easy to notice.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by Mogten(m): 9:58pm On Dec 10, 2013
Olugbenger:

Oga mi, these guys are just quite stubborn and unrepentant. They had to degrade OAU just to drive silly facts and score cheaps points.

It's fun doing this.
wink
LOL @degrade. Funny how in an attempt to glorify your school, you make it sound like ABU is some second rated institution to it. Looks like you're using this thread to massage your already inflated ego. You're the benefactor after all. Clap for yourself.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by lafex: 10:04pm On Dec 10, 2013
Am proud to be an ABU alumnus. But why my faculty(engineering) not in the pics
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by Olugbenger(m): 10:06pm On Dec 10, 2013
Mogten: LOL @degrade. Funny how in an attempt to glorify your school, you make it sound like ABU is some second rated institution to it. Looks like you're using this thread to massage your already inflated ego. You're the benefactor after all. Clap for yourself.

Go to the first page of this thread and read through the posts of your folks from ABU. You should have a rethink.

smiley
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by Olugbenger(m): 10:09pm On Dec 10, 2013
lafex: Am proud to be an ABU alumnus. But why my faculty(engineering) not in the pics

Now i know this is prevalent in ABU's products.

I've been vindicated.

grin grin grin

*thread unfollowed

3 Likes

Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by harjiboyede: 10:15pm On Dec 10, 2013
dejt4u:
dindinrin aburo oloshi. Book naa da. U+ur family nd all d professors in ur dept cannt pass if i set IQ test for u. slowpoke.

Prove me wrong by acceptin my challenge here on nairaland. Infact, i dnt tink ur IQ can reach upto 70%
haha! bro wetin na? I understand say e dey pain, but do am small small o. This is too much. I said it ealier...the noise thing, now you see what I was talking about? Una noise too much abeg
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by Mogten(m): 10:21pm On Dec 10, 2013
Olugbenger:

Go to the first page of this thread and read through the posts of your folks from ABU. You should have a rethink.

smiley
They are their own persons. You do not relegate an institution owing to the behaviour of a few of its stakeholders.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by lafex: 10:27pm On Dec 10, 2013
Olugbenger:

Now i know this is prevalent in ABU's products.

I've been vindicated.

grin grin grin

Eeyah sorry! I can see that you are intimedated that is why you use the whole day to counter every abusite's comment. It is not too late for you to be an abusite. Are you still an undergraduate? Dont worry, I will advice you to take transfer from OAU to ABU. Best of luck if you are successful to do so. BYE
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 10, 2013
benebaby77:
see d way u killed english here.... U surely emblem of your school. You will still battling with GENS 103 if u are in ABU

So you do not know that the most prominent and older universities were built around the same time? Oau, ui, abu??
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by Greenbuoy(m): 10:46pm On Dec 10, 2013
N o n s e n s e
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by Akby(m): 10:50pm On Dec 10, 2013
Tipe tipe pictures... Swerve!
UI was built far back as 1946 before officially opened @ 1948... I rank the structures head-2-head. first and the best university in Nigeria is not a small something
#TeamUI

1 Like

Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by Elevation(m): 10:56pm On Dec 10, 2013
A Chem. major student i'm glad to state that ABU is really cool,there is alot about the aforementioned varsity that i cant just type here.Pls we are Nigerians there is no need for the hostile statements made earlier lets learn to appreciate each other and dont forget,let us love one another no matter the weather even if we dont deserve it,Olalekan.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by Barrackobama: 11:02pm On Dec 10, 2013
Chartey: Fine Arts students and graduates please who sculpted this? It's in your faculty.
festus uzzi(phd)
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by Barrackobama: 11:02pm On Dec 10, 2013
Chartey: Fine Arts students and graduates please who sculpted this? It's in your faculty.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by PetDancer(f): 11:11pm On Dec 10, 2013
Hehehehehehehehehehe,where my sch wan cum show face na,unique uniport,lolz,anyway sha, I love my sch.rep unique uniport
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by Vivi01(f): 12:02am On Dec 11, 2013
nonsense must u guys quarrel?i have been to schools dey are okay afterall dey are both federal universities so u guys should beefing eachoda pls and pls
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by Blazeicon: 6:35am On Dec 11, 2013
Proudly an ABUSITE...@physics dept
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by harjiboyede: 8:01am On Dec 11, 2013
mathematician: Did you notice that,most of the so called alumni are the corrupt ploticians we are battling today, GREAT IFE, UNILAG, UI have produced outstanding academic individuals
like the Best scientist Prof Nok?

1 Like

Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by Chartey(m): 8:21am On Dec 11, 2013
Barrack obama: festus uzzi(phd)
Thanks so much. It's a masterpiece.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by EmmyDe25(m): 8:59am On Dec 11, 2013
Chartey:
The Senate building
Hmmmn.... The Power House!!! Long live ABU Zaria!!!
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by EmmyDe25(m): 9:00am On Dec 11, 2013
Chartey:
The Senate building
Hmmmn.... The Power House!!! Long live ABU Zaria!!!
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by harjiboyede: 9:00am On Dec 11, 2013
x-kid2000:
An Abusite should please ''google'' ''The most beautiful university in Nigeria'' and see what wikipedia said about O.A.U.. Shhhh!!! The Boss is Here!
are you telling me angel went round Univeristies in Nigeria and put it on google that OAU is the most beautiful? So tell me who put it there?
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by EmmyDe25(m): 9:03am On Dec 11, 2013
[quote author=Barrack obama][/quote]
Lol.... Thats the route i do take to the Kashim Ibrahim Library popularly called KIL.
The sculpture is just like a conundrum because i really can't wrap my head around what it means.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by EmmyDe25(m): 9:08am On Dec 11, 2013
Cmfrt001: yes ooo an ABU student is naturally ahead as we lead and others follow. *school on my mind*. My problem now is that why was my department not captured na? No ABU without the department of political science & international studies and the faculty of social science as a whole.
Thats my faculty... What level are you?
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by EmmyDe25(m): 9:25am On Dec 11, 2013
Chartey:
Honestly ABU is that neat. When i first got here during harmattan, i joked i could just take pics of myself in a cardigan and send them to my friends lying that i was in Ukraine and they would believe. There are beautiful trees and flowers all around and there are hordes of cleaners and gardeners in every nook and cranny of the school keeping it clean every day. Just come and see for yourself dear.
You wouldnt wanna miss the sight at night..... The night i wrote my Post-Ume and came out around the Amina axis i just didnt wanna leave.... the aesthetism of the school was part of what influenced my choice of ABU over UniAbuja when i got admission into the two schools.
Re: Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, (Pictures) by freeyayo(m): 9:59am On Dec 11, 2013
The pictures taken of ABU on this thread are actually quite old. If there's one thing I remember about my school is its maintenance culture. Labourers are seen painstakingly cleaning and sweeping every hour, gardeners watering plants early in the morning and in the evening. Our hostels are the best I have seen anywhere in Nigeria. The popular Suleiman Hostel is now called 'Suleiman Hotel' because of the quality of the edifice on the outside and the inside. ABU trains one to be tough mentally, emotionally and physically, the main reason our graduates are 'ahead' wherever we go smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

How Can I Do A Master's With A 3rd Class ? / Yabatech ND/HND Part Time Form For 2021/2022 Academic session / Kenyan Student Had Sex With Her Lecturer & He Gave Her 'E', Then She Did This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.