Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,521 members, 7,843,603 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Arizona Girl, 6, Dies In Car Crash With 8-year-old Driver - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Arizona Girl, 6, Dies In Car Crash With 8-year-old Driver (466 Views)

Matthew Ajibade Dies In US Police Custody (Photo) / 8-year-old Yemeni Bride Dies From Internal Bleeding On Wedding Night / Wildfire Kills 19 Firefighters In Arizona (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Arizona Girl, 6, Dies In Car Crash With 8-year-old Driver by Nobody: 9:23am On Aug 30, 2013
PHOENIX (Reuters) - A six-year-old Phoenix girl received fatal injuries when her eight-year-old brother crashed the family car into a metal pole during a late-night drive in their pajamas, police said on Thursday.

The children were reported missing by their mother around 10 p.m. on Wednesday night, about the same time emergency dispatchers received a report of a moving vehicle with children inside, Phoenix police Sergeant Steve Martos said.

A patrol car spotted the 2010 Hyundai Elantra and followed it a short distance before the boy crashed the car into a pole about a block from the family's home, he said.

Officers aided the girl, but she died early on Thursday morning of her injuries, Martos said, adding that she was not believed to be wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash and that a passenger-side air bag did not deploy.

Her brother had a minor ankle injury.

Martos said the mother told police that she had bathed her children and put them to bed at about 9:30 p.m., only to find them missing some 30 minutes later. She also discovered the front door open and the car missing and initially feared that they had been kidnapped.

"This is just a horrific event," Martos said. "The mom puts them to bed, tucks them in for the night and then wakes up this morning and finds that her six-year-old is dead. That's just a tragedy."

Investigators believe the children had driven about five miles and may have been on their way home at the time of the crash, he said.

The police did not identify the mother or children.

http://news.yahoo.com/arizona-girl-6-dies-car-crash-8-old-180805378.html
Re: Arizona Girl, 6, Dies In Car Crash With 8-year-old Driver by Henrypraise: 10:16am On Aug 30, 2013
Too much movies affects d brain, I remember after watchin "problem child" movie as a kid, I felt lyk crashin a car on sumtin, tank God my dad had only bike den n it was a no go area for me.
So sory for d mom, dis US of America sef d vices too much: children wit gun killing everywere,
Children gettin preg
Children enlopin
Children rapin
Children takin parents to courts
Now children driving n killin demsefs. While in naija children fly witch crafts successfully to covens witout crashin.
Re: Arizona Girl, 6, Dies In Car Crash With 8-year-old Driver by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 30, 2013
Henry praise: Too much movies affects d brain, I remember after watchin "problem child" movie as a kid, I felt lyk crashin a car on sumtin, tank God my dad had only bike den n it was a no go area for me.
So sory for d mom, dis US of America sef d vices too much: children wit gun killing everywere,
Children gettin preg
Children enlopin
Children rapin
Children takin parents to courts
Now children driving n killin demsefs. While in naija children fly witch crafts successfully to covens witout crashin.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Paraguay Protesters Crucify Themselves / Expensive Joke:groups Call On G20 Nations To Address Gender Gap… / Syria Islamist Rebels Take Control Of Historic Christian Town Of Maaloula

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.