Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,313 members, 7,839,507 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? (14467 Views)

SHOW OFF TIME: Let Us Know The Car You Drive And How Much You Bought It / Which Part Of A Car Do You Admire The Most? / Reasons Why Real Men Still Drive Stick Cars .....manual (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by KOMBE: 12:06am On Aug 31, 2013
My dad handed over his 504GR 1984 model to me and the ride is still doing very well. Some of the parts are a bit difficult to get but I love this ride any time t. A very simple engine.

1 Like

Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by Nobody: 12:11am On Aug 31, 2013
1987 w124 Mercedes Benz.
1987 Volkswagen jetta.

Both European specs. Recently gave out the jetta and I still drive my w124 once in a while. dat car solid die.

1 Like

Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by Bmart(m): 12:12am On Aug 31, 2013
I race a 1988 volvo 740 impecable reliablity thou it drinks as it runs bt maintanance is minimum plus I got it wen I left secondary school stil a beauty thou
Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by victorazy(m): 12:22am On Aug 31, 2013
I miss my borex
Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by Ayorh4you(m): 12:27am On Aug 31, 2013
MEILYN: End Time Things

opin aye ti de grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by 190theclown: 12:29am On Aug 31, 2013
uhmm dat should be my NL Username cheesy
Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by chronique(m): 12:30am On Aug 31, 2013
You try;you hear? Nor be only 1997 camry bulldog. Na 1987 honda tiny light. As for that brother driving 1987 mazda 626 GLX with 1.2l engine;may God have mercy on you. The dude driving a 1968 chevy impala,can we see a pic of it?
jchime: Drove papa's 1997 camry bulldog...enjoyed the car till it almost took my life....papa rush go fetch me Honda EOD but i miss my bulldog it is very fuel efficient

1 Like

Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by RoyalRoy(m): 12:31am On Aug 31, 2013
Hmmmm....a wonderful thread gone bad cos it went to front page!!
May almighty God solve ASUU & FG wahala o, so this site can remain sane again!

@Op, I drive a 93 Mazda xedos6, manual transmission, v6 dohc 24valve engine!!
Fast as a Cheetah, never dissapointed me for once. Works with little fuel, moves like a lightning.

Do all my long distance trips with it instead of my fancy Anaconda.

Want to sell it soon, and get another one with fresh engines!!! Must be manual.
Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by Nobody: 12:56am On Aug 31, 2013
my mk iii Jetta, but i want to let it go...have the move from homo oldskool to homo newskool

1 Like

Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by Oildichotomy(m): 1:30am On Aug 31, 2013
I'm not really an old school person but one car i can really fancy driving is peugeot 504 Evolution 'padded'.
It was my first love as it relates cars when growing up probably because it was the Govt official car back then.
Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by Okuda(m): 2:07am On Aug 31, 2013
spongeback: Cabin biscuit carton, after so many years its still reliable angry

Pls stop trying to be funny. Your jokes are repugnant.

1 Like

Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by rockbase360: 2:08am On Aug 31, 2013
never letting go of my 1999 honda. I have other cars but this 99 is my baby
Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by Okuda(m): 2:11am On Aug 31, 2013
frprof: I drive an 1987 Model of Toyota Camry. It's American Model automatic transmission, factory fitted Ac. I still find it very interesting. Last wk, I comfortably drove it to Kaduna from Otukpo and fro without any stress on the road. Just 89000 miles on the millage. Who has such ancient but still fanciful car to share?

1987 car with just 89k on it? I find that pretty hard to believe.

4 Likes

Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by iGeneral: 3:45am On Aug 31, 2013
Finally a thread for the proudly poor.

1 Like

Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by wwwkaycom(m): 3:54am On Aug 31, 2013
i-General:
Finally a thread for the proudly poor.
you missed it bro.
Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by firestar(f): 4:47am On Aug 31, 2013
ItsModella: My beetle. grin

Herbie! grin

Let's race. Yours against mine!
Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by playahP(m): 4:55am On Aug 31, 2013
Pops owned a nissan laurel (abi is it datsun).

Don't know the year but its ancient sha!

I owned a nissan primera.
Got it(second hand and it was automatic transmission) in the year 2000. With over 1million miles to its belt, the car is still fucntiong!

Though I've spent a lot of money on its maintenace and engine!
(I mite just hand it over to my first child....)

I think that's it!

1 Like

Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by Truckpusher(m): 5:13am On Aug 31, 2013
ItsModella: My beetle. grin

The real name is AZUBUIKE grin grin
Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by Muscomide: 5:21am On Aug 31, 2013
[quote author=MEILYN]End Time Things[/quote

Small pickin dey worry you.
Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by noobsaibot2(m): 5:26am On Aug 31, 2013
1989 MITSUBISHI GALANT. I nikname am TIMBA. D car rugged die. Few mods over d years, which include: I go Ikokwu PH, buy four black alloy weel, borrow sport vr4 exhaust pipe, naim Nnaemeka come dash me im L300 bus engine. As for the speedometer... Bad roads get to pay for it. TIMBA EXCLUSIVE.
Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by stantob(m): 6:23am On Aug 31, 2013
404 aka nkita. grin kiss embarassed embarassed tongue
Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by yungboss(m): 6:49am On Aug 31, 2013
nice thread...i love the old cars, of the 90s.
1993 BMW 3 series. Bulletproof engine....
Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by alphaconde(m): 7:01am On Aug 31, 2013
For me its the 1988 honda concerto, imagine the car is same age with me, this car moves well and its very relaible, got it @ 180kmile and its now 280kmiles. This car doesn't bother about fuel, just put something inside the tank dats all. It belongs to my mum.
The car is not for sale cus for me its gonna be an antiquity
Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by mickyarams: 7:19am On Aug 31, 2013
1995 honda civic, ver fast car.
Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by OyelSheik: 7:34am On Aug 31, 2013
People dey lie sha...........hmm *shrugs and walks away from thread*
Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by pappilo(m): 7:34am On Aug 31, 2013
Okuda:

1987 car with just 89k on it? I find that pretty hard to believe.

True. Unless he has owned it from new.
Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by Nobody: 7:37am On Aug 31, 2013
My chariot. Sergovax 200BC G.T
Engine: Four horses (detachable)
Odometer reading:wetin concern me??
Na my papa dash me grin

1 Like

Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by dinoescobar(m): 7:48am On Aug 31, 2013
I Roll in a 1984 Toyota Corolla xl, my dad got her in 1996, We call her "White Dove", sweet,simple ride and she came with the racing stripe, wherever I go, I stand out cos she's a beauty even at her age.

Maintainance is d key here, remember racing in a convoy of ten cars from obudu to calabar, she shocked the hell out of me. I overtook 6 cars in a row including a 2008 toyota corolla, twas a hell of a trip.

Nowadays I take it easy on her, don't flog her dat much anymore. D White dove lives on, though I'm selling her off next year I'm still very skeptical cos we been thru some hellish roads together and she never let me down.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by Nobody: 7:49am On Aug 31, 2013
Siena:

Come on, bro! Rather than show off with your new Range Rover, why not simply enjoy the thread? How does a 2013 automobile fit in with what this thread is about?
that's if he even has a Range undecided
Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by Nobody: 7:52am On Aug 31, 2013
Peugeot 504..very strong nd energetic...it can cover any distance both within Nigeria nd out of Nigeria nd will move on the road ..no matter hw deplorable d road is...

1 Like

Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by DeeOneBangin: 7:58am On Aug 31, 2013
chronique: You try;you hear? Nor be only 1997 camry bulldog. Na 1987 honda tiny light. As for that brother driving 1987 mazda 626 GLX with 1.2l engine;may God have mercy on you. The dude driving a 1968 chevy impala,can we see a pic of it?

Na so so lie lie dem dey lie.... Lmfao @ Camry Bulldog. That guy doesn't drive obviously
Re: What Ancient Car Do You Still Drive And Find It Fanciful? by rodeo0070(m): 8:00am On Aug 31, 2013
I've not driven one but this guy here still rocks.
Land Rover Defender 1990's...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help!speedometer On 2009 Is Not Working And Abs/brake Light On / What Is The Best SUV For A Small Girl? / Cargo Tracking Notes In Nigeria ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.