Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,362 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

The Family Section Fun Room!! - Family (180) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Family Section Fun Room!! (740869 Views)

Fraudulent Threads In The Family Section Of NL!!! We Don Casssssh Dem!!!!! / Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You / Happy Birthday To Family Section's World Famous Leapling (CHAIRCOVER) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (504) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 12, 2014
shoefreak: Hello house!!!

Who miss me?

Naijababe!! U dey read my story soo? grin

You don write am? I followed your diary so I'd know when you update.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by damiso(f): 1:40pm On Jul 12, 2014
Happy Saturday everyone how's everyone ?..Am soo knackered tackling my daughter's hair is like a job on its own I don taya for the hair.If not that I love lil girls with hair I for cut am embarassed thank God I have only one girl.Ewuro1 kudos to you.And no be go do am sef just taking it out washing and moisturising na hin I taya like this.

About to embark on some cooking. I am making ayamase Naijababe? Any tips on less fat? Its just that if palm oil is not floating on it e no be ayamase embarassed I am trying to eat clean but hubby says he feels like some and I can only make it the unhealthy way cheesy

Shoefreak me sef dey wait for your story.

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Ewuro1: 2:15pm On Jul 12, 2014
Awww look at her kiss kiss

Sooo Dami tongue sofry sofry on that hair ... Have I mentioned more grease to your elbow yet? cheesy

Oya oya get to work. grin

Which one be ayameze again?? Green peppers, onion, h.pepper, galic and ginger only?? shocked shocked
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by damiso(f): 3:17pm On Jul 12, 2014
@Ewuro1 ayamashe (not ayameze grin where you see meze oyinbo woman grin) is very fried stew that is meant to be eaten with Ofada rice (we eat with scented jasmine rice).You know that green stew they gbaa epo(bleach palm oil) for.i am sure you would have add it before its similar to all those buka fried stew but this time with green pepper.My daughter calls it green stew cheesy omo mi oyinbo she says its too spicy.

Its really not a healthy stew based on the quantity and gbaaing (bleaching) of palm oil.Was trying to see if I could substitute with rapeseed oil and not bleach (the way the smoke alarm sef goes off cheesy)..But my hubby will say which kain psychedelic ayamashe is this grin?.abeg its once in a while joor.

You sef see that the hair is work . Really sofry we have had tears and drama plus cajoling plus threats plus chocolate reward ...phew.

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jul 12, 2014
Dami, you should try adding one orange pepper to 3 green pepper, you will come here and thank me later. As for less fat, I suppose u can grill your meat rather than fry and try this oil. I use it in all my cooking now.

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by r231(m): 5:44pm On Jul 12, 2014
damiso: Happy Saturday everyone how's everyone ?..Am soo knackered tackling my daughter's hair is like a job on its own I don taya for the hair.If not that I love lil girls with hair I for cut am embarassed thank God I have only one girl.Ewuro1 kudos to you.And no be go do am sef just taking it out washing and moisturising na hin I taya like this.

About to embark on some cooking. I am making ayamase Naijababe? Any tips on less fat? Its just that if palm oil is not floating on it e no be ayamase embarassed I am trying to eat clean but hubby says he feels like some and I can only make it the unhealthy way cheesy

Shoefreak me sef dey wait for your story.

Can I have some grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jul 12, 2014
For those interested in healthy food. Damiso and naijababe, try using this fryer. It uses only one table spoon of oil to fry things like fresh French fries, chicken, meat etc.

For frozen chips, no need to add oil.

For stew with very less oil, this is perfect! I bet it's the best investment you will give your kitchen. Thank me later wink

I cook my sauce with it too.

Chips and chicken fried with it.

It's called actifry or something. Look for it in your shops . Here's a pic

3 Likes

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by EfemenaXY: 9:06am On Jul 13, 2014
Chillisauce: For those interested in healthy food. Damiso and naijababe, try using this fryer. It uses only one table spoon of oil to fry things like fresh French fries, chicken, meat etc.

For frozen chips, no need to add oil.

For stew with very less oil, this is perfect! I bet it's the best investment you will give your kitchen. Thank me later wink

I cook my sauce with it too.

Chips and chicken fried with it.

It's called actifry or something. Look for it in your shops . Here's a pic

Ah! I see you took my advice about the Actifry gadget.

Lovely food pics you've got on here too. Yum-yum! smiley smiley
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 13, 2014
Germany vs argentina..........
May the god of the germans be with them.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by zemaye: 5:46pm On Jul 13, 2014
my username Na my name
am married to my best friend
we have a son together
I love to cook and I eat a lot too
I enjoy exercising and I mean I Lift
I love nageo wild and history Chanel
I am easily endeared to anything natural
So Na so.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by zemaye: 6:10pm On Jul 13, 2014
men c food o .I dey com babes mk I quick follow una
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 13, 2014
Efemenaxy1:

Ah! I see you took my advice about the Actifry gadget.

Lovely food pics you've got on here too. Yum-yum! smiley smiley

Your advice ? Efe, fear God o. Which time you give me the advice na. shocked cheesy

Thanks babe
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 13, 2014
@zemaye

You are welcome

I'm sure the resident chefs will officially welcome you

but ......................we dey watch ball no vex
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by zemaye: 9:42pm On Jul 13, 2014
salsera thanks o
OK till una finish.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jul 13, 2014
zemaye: men c food o .I dey com babes mk I quick follow una

Na food carry you reach here cheesy.

Don't worry, edwife will see you later . Hope you brought your nylon bag .
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by edwife(f): 9:50pm On Jul 13, 2014
Chillisauce:

Na food carry you reach here cheesy.

Don't worry, edwife will see you later . Hope you brought your nylon bag .

Tell am make he wait small,ball dey here. grin grin grin

Zemaye you are welcome dear,have a seat. cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by edwife(f): 10:11pm On Jul 13, 2014
zemaye: men c food o .I dey com babes mk I quick follow una

Have this,chicken breast braisee cheesy

[img]http://2.bp..com/-bGTht83OyVQ/Tt_GSda59LI/AAAAAAAACb4/QGBagvhH864/s1600/bathroom+015.jpg[/img]

I beg,I have no idea what drink you would like to have but have this chilled margarita wink

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by EfemenaXY: 10:16pm On Jul 13, 2014
Chillisauce:

Your advice ? Efe, fear God o. Which time you give me the advice na. shocked cheesy

Thanks babe

Chilli o!

Nor be you dey ask how to fry foods with less oil for food section before the nland shut down? I even remember telling you that it's possible to fry plantain with just a teaspoon or two of oil. You were amazed and I posted the picture of an Actifry for you with some sample chips that had been fried with it.

Kia! Dia is goddd ooohhh! grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by damiso(f): 10:29pm On Jul 13, 2014
Oh no Germany scores embarassed embarassed embarassed guess great team trumped great player
This Neur na winch o cheesy
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by damiso(f): 10:36pm On Jul 13, 2014
@Chilli and Naijababe great tip . Don't really deep fry anymore perse oven chips, grill my meat more boli (roast plantain) than Dodo (fried plantain) but that actifry seems like a great idea.

Naijababe what store do you buy that oil from?

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by netotse(m): 11:01pm On Jul 13, 2014
@Chilli and Efe
Can that thing fry the plaintain automatically? as in, I dont need to stay and turn the plantain myself? (aka one less reason to get married tongue)

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by RoyalRoy(m): 11:09pm On Jul 13, 2014
netotse: @Chilli and Efe
Can that thing fry the plaintain automatically? as in, I dont need to stay and turn the plantain myself? (aka one less reason to get married tongue)

Lolllz. I actually penciled it down too. Hate frying like I hate drinking cold water.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by EfemenaXY: 11:16pm On Jul 13, 2014
netotse: @Chilli and Efe

No, you don't. It's got an internal paddle that slowly rotates the food for you, so that the hot air is evenly distributed around it. Simply do a google search and you'll get all the information you need. Here's a brief snapshot. I won't post the link though 'cos the spambot seems to get me everytime I post links for my information source...

[size=14pt]Usage & Technical Questions:[/size]

How does ActiFry work?
ActiFry has a hot air distribution system. The heat pulse and optimized hot air circulation evenly cooks the food while the paddle gently rotates the food.

How do you use ActiFry?
Simply add the ingredients into the pan, close the lid, set the countdown timer and turn the product on. ActiFry will do the cooking for you.

Is there an adjustable thermostat?
No. ActiFry always cooks at the same temperature to ensure even and thorough cooking of the food.

What is the cooking temperature?
338° F

Does the machine have automatic shut off feature?
No. The machine has a countdown timer. At the end of the cooking you will hear a beep. Then you press the button to open the lid, which automatically turns off the machine.

Does the machine get hot?
The product has a cool-touch body. However, the lid can get a bit hot while cooking.

Will condensation build up on the lid?
Condensation will not build up on the lid during cooking. However, condensation may appear if you open and close the lid during the cooking process. It will disappear after a few minutes once you start cooking again.

What material is the removable pan made from?
The pan has a ceramic non-stick coating. It is free of PTFE and PFOA

When will I know that my dish is ready?
ActiFry has a countdown timer. An alarm rings when the dish is ready.

RoyalRoy:
Lolllz. I actually penciled it down too. Hate frying like I hate drinking cold water.

You don't like drinking cold water? shocked shocked Even when the weather's hot?

I can't do without it o! Even during the winter months! cheesy
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by netotse(m): 11:17pm On Jul 13, 2014
RoyalRoy:

If it can fry plantain easily and produce chicken like the pics Chili posted I've already gotten it mehhnnnn

@Efe
thanks a lot, I've looked it up on google, it's a bit pricey though. I'm trying to convince myself to splurge.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by EfemenaXY: 11:18pm On Jul 13, 2014
^^ It can and it does. cheesy
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by netotse(m): 11:26pm On Jul 13, 2014
EfemenaXY: ^^ It can and it does. cheesy

hopefully it will make it easier for me to cook my own meals... grin cheesy

when I get one I will most def hit you ladies up for cooking tips...

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by zemaye: 7:01am On Jul 14, 2014
good morning my people
pray this brand nu week
present brand nu opportunities
for us all in all we do.
@ chillisauce I gt my poly bag standby , grin
, ha r you n yours dear
@ edwife Na you b d real deal I gbadun that chicken kini kon . chai
but I dey fast Na so bring am for evening

2 Likes

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 14, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Chilli o!

Nor be you dey ask how to fry foods with less oil for food section before the nland shut down? I even remember telling you that it's possible to fry plantain with just a teaspoon or two of oil. You were amazed and I posted the picture of an Actifry for you with some sample chips that had been fried with it.

Kia! Dia is goddd ooohhh! grin

cheesy cheesy now you need a drink.
Happy 14th July.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by EfemenaXY: 10:13am On Jul 14, 2014
Hmmm...

Okay o! Make it chilled with lots of ice at the bottom. smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 11:13am On Jul 14, 2014
damiso: @Chilli and Naijababe great tip . Don't really deep fry anymore perse oven chips, grill my meat more boli (roast plantain) than Dodo (fried plantain) but that actifry seems like a great idea.

Naijababe what store do you buy that oil from?

Sainsburys. But I am sure other stores stock it
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 14, 2014
netotse:

If it can fry plantain easily and produce chicken like the pics Chili posted I've already gotten it mehhnnnn

@Efe
thanks a lot, I've looked it up on google, it's a bit pricey though. I'm trying to convince myself to splurge.

Fyi, with fried plantain, it won't look as lovely as you will have them when placed in normal frying pan. But the taste is superb. The idea here is eating healthy . If you want it looking like the normal while checking the quantity of oil used, you just have to place in oven, spray some little oil on it and bake in high temp.
smiley
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by RoyalRoy(m): 1:47pm On Jul 14, 2014
Effeminaxy:
You don't like drinking cold water? Even when the weather's hot?

I can't do without it o! Even during the winter months!

Yesso.....cold water is a a no-no for me. I feel nauseated every time I drink cold water and sometimes throw up if taken after meals.

So I just take lukewarm water only.
But apart from cold water...... bring every other liquid with ice..... whatever the weather. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) ... (504) (Reply)

House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.