Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,349 members, 7,957,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:00 AM

The Family Section Fun Room!! - Family (184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Family Section Fun Room!! (760818 Views)

Fraudulent Threads In The Family Section Of NL!!! We Don Casssssh Dem!!!!! / Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You / Happy Birthday To Family Section's World Famous Leapling (CHAIRCOVER) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (504) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by apolonius(m): 5:46pm On Jul 19, 2014
EfemenaXY:

I think it does. Where you have people drumming into girls' heads that only a woman whose cooking is on par will make a good wife, you'll find that the pressure to cook well is placed with the girls and not the men. But that was in the olden days. In this day and age of modern inventions, and youtube, I see absolutely no reason why a man will say "I don't know how to cook because my mum never taught me how to...". Every single bit of information is readily available on the WWW. Let them go there and learn the step-by-step process of how to cook whatever it is that they fancy, without relying on girlfriends or sisters.

That's a lame excuse now. Sure it worked twenty odd years ago but why should it still be the case even now? A man who doesn't know how to cook doesn't simply because he isn't interested and feeds into this patriarchal system whenever it suits him / is most convenient.

You might have a point in the ideal world. But on our home soil? I disagree, as per my initial comment(s).

The merits of your points are obvious. Yes,nothing justifies such pre-defined assignments of roles and the irresponsible reluctance to learn such life skills.

Of course,settling for what suits a gender so favored by culture and the vestiges of a fast collapsed male-centred Afri-civilization has led us nowhere.

I actually learnt how to cook most meals with the internet as a reliable auxilary. Now,this choice made years back has many rewards for me: the days of indomie noodles and sardines are in the past,my health and fitness is more improved,and I am happy to do for my female friends what they did for me awhile back.

Beyond all our grammar, it is about choice. Some are determined to sustain the culture that keep them favored over their sisters;some of us believe that our humanity and its beautiful variety does not come with imposed roles.

Thanks for sharing,Efe.smiley
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by apolonius(m): 5:56pm On Jul 19, 2014
alutacontinua:

AC,you dey abandon me because of them?Haba,talk to me na. How are you doingsmiley
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by EfemenaXY: 6:15pm On Jul 19, 2014
apolonius:

The merits of your points are obvious. Yes,nothing justifies such pre-defined assignments of roles and the irresponsible reluctance to learn such life skills.

Of course,settling for what suits a gender so favored by culture and the vestiges of a fast collapsed male-centred Afri-civilization has led us nowhere.

I actually learnt how to cook most meals with the internet as a reliable auxilary. Now,this choice made years back has many rewards for me: the days of indomie noodles and sardines are in the past,my health and fitness is more improved,and I am happy to do for my female friends what they did for me awhile back.

Beyond all our grammar, it is about choice. Some are determined to sustain the culture that keep them favored over their sisters;some of us believe that our humanity and its beautiful variety does not come with imposed roles.

Thanks for sharing,Efe.smiley

You're welcome smiley
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by EfemenaXY: 6:56pm On Jul 19, 2014
edwife:

**To live again**
**Wasted effort**

Try them. smiley

naijababe:

That movie was da bomb, quite old though

Just finished watching Part 1 of To Live Again... what can I say? Fantastic movie, ladies!! Thanks for recommending...don't think I've laughed so much over a Naija movie...

Ini Edo really knows how to act the "quite mad" part. grin grin

Thanks Edwife & Naijababe kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by edwife(f): 7:40pm On Jul 19, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Just finished watching Part 1 of To Live Again... what can I say? Fantastic movie, ladies!! Thanks for recommending...don't think I've laughed so much over a Naija movie...

Ini Edo really knows how to act the "quite mad" part. grin grin

Thanks Edwife & Naijababe kiss kiss

You are welcome kiss
Watching a classic movie **Every single Day** wink
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 19, 2014
apolonius:

AC,you dey abandon me because of them?Haba,talk to me na. How are you doingsmiley

abandon kwa? lipsrsealed
I'm used to the jokes already angry

I'm fine smiley
and how are you?
btw, peeps have really scattered my name over the months-alutacontinuatota, alutacontinuation, aluta etc but I kinda like the Aluta-C/AC smiley
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by RoyalRoy(m): 9:50pm On Jul 19, 2014
alutacontinua:

I kinda like the Aluta-C/AC smiley

****clears throat.... cleans eyes*****

AC.....how are you? grin

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jul 19, 2014
RoyalRoy:

****clears throat.... cleans eyes*****

AC.....how are you? grin

Wetin dey your throat? cheesy
where did you put ewuro1? angry
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by RoyalRoy(m): 10:19pm On Jul 19, 2014
alutacontinua:

Wetin dey your throat? cheesy
Tsetse Flies from Mars....tongue tongue tongue

alutacontinua:
where did you put ewuro1? angry
Ewuro 1... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed sad
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jul 19, 2014
RoyalRoy:
Tsetse Flies from Mars....tongue tongue tongue

Ewuro 1... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed sad

Lol @ testse flies
I don't get it, what happened?
why don't I like this your use of emoticons? Biko, spill angry

Abi na pm issue? wink
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by EfemenaXY: 11:08pm On Jul 19, 2014
Mtcheeeewwwww!!

That useless movie - To Live Again. Must have been directed by an obnoxious man no doubt...Portraying women as walkovers angry

Was thoroughly enjoying that movie till the last 20 minutes of it or so. Terrible ending. Stoopid more like. angry angry
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by apolonius(m): 12:26am On Jul 20, 2014
alutacontinua:

abandon kwa? lipsrsealed
I'm used to the jokes already angry

I'm fine smiley
and how are you?
btw, peeps have really scattered my name over the months-alutacontinuatota, alutacontinuation, aluta etc but I kinda like the Aluta-C/AC smiley

AC,how na?Pleased to know you are hale and hearty.

I feel good you like my conjugation of your moniker.

I am doing fine o.What is new?
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 12:59am On Jul 20, 2014
apolonius:

AC,how na?Pleased to know you are hale and hearty.

I feel good you like my conjugation of your moniker.

I am doing fine o.What is new?

NL is boring these days.
no fights, no action. sad angry
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by apolonius(m): 1:07am On Jul 20, 2014
alutacontinua:

NL is boring these days.
no fights, no action. sad angry

Let's ignite some ideological fires. My lady,please lead this!smiley
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 1:28am On Jul 20, 2014
apolonius:

Let's ignite some ideological fires. My lady,please lead this!smiley

lol....ideological fire with a Barrister, you wan finish me be that! lipsrsealed embarassed
I no get una energy, biko....una too like argue cheesy

Anyways, I saw your stance on pre-marital sex and I don't quite agree.
PMS is wrong-scripturally and I doubt that's up for debate (you're free to disagree).
Taking scriptures out of it, I have heard a lot of people justify PMS and the only reason that holds water as far as I'm concerned, so far is that some people can't keep their urge in check. Which makes me to question what makes us humans? Heck, we're supposed to have some sort of discipline, that should be a major difference between a man and a dog. Funny enough, most peeps won't even agree with this reason, you start to hear things like I'm test driving.

That test driving concept is the biggest nonsense man has ever come up with. Since when did human bodies become wheels? I think it'll be better if we all just agree that we cannot hold body till marriage and we offend God (for religious peeps) and hurt our conscience (for those that have deep-seated convictions that it's not right). And no, the fact that the majority do it has never and would never make it right.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 1:28am On Jul 20, 2014
Tell me I didn't do that ^ ^ ^ ^ lipsrsealed embarassed lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by apolonius(m): 1:50am On Jul 20, 2014
alutacontinua:

lol....ideological fire with a Barrister, you wan finish me be that! lipsrsealed embarassed
I no get una energy, biko....una too like argue cheesy

Anyways, I saw your stance on pre-marital sex and I don't quite agree.
PMS is wrong-scripturally and I doubt that's up for debate (you're free to disagree).
Taking scriptures out of it, I have heard a lot of people justify PMS and the only reason that holds water as far as I'm concerned, so far is that some people can't keep their urge in check. Which makes me to question what makes us humans? Heck, we're supposed to have some sort of discipline, that should be a major difference between a man and a dog. Funny enough, most peeps won't even agree with this reason, you start to hear things like I'm test driving.

That test driving concept is the biggest nonsense man has ever come up with. Since when did human bodies become wheels? I think it'll be better if we all just agree that we cannot hold body till marriage and we offend God (for religious peeps) and hurt our conscience (for those that have deep-seated convictions that it's not right). And no, the fact that the majority do it has never and would never make it right.

I am not for an undisciplined appetite for pleasure, I am all for love and the liberty that should highlight it-sex is one manifestation of that freedom.

Talking about Scriptures,I spent some years of my life studying philosophy and theology with a degree in both; I have propagated the truths that are central to Christianity enough to know its stance of 'no to pre-marital sex' and foundations.

However,the truth,for me,remains that such religious considerations remain ideals that we should aspire to in freedom. Yet I have seen very many reasons to rebel against this Christian stance and others. Fundamentalism is really no faith.Our extreme doctrines and reading of christian faith has clouded its essence.

I have made a choice to love a couple of times in my life. The liberty to enjoy its blessings including its pleasures, and the stoicism to endure its ironies have kept me fulfilled.

Virginity is noble for those who cherish and champion it;I will be pleased to have my kids profess a faith in it when they come. But I am no virgin,and I love liberty enough to respect those who think differently about its value and consequence for love.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by apolonius(m): 1:53am On Jul 20, 2014
alutacontinua: Tell me I didn't do that ^ ^ ^ ^ lipsrsealed embarassed lipsrsealed embarassed

What?smiley
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 2:03am On Jul 20, 2014
apolonius:

I am not for an undisciplined appetite for pleasure, I am all for love and the liberty that should highlight it-sex is one manifestation of that freedom.

Talking about Scriptures,I spent some years of my life studying philosophy and theology with a degree in both; I have propagated the truths that are central to Christianity enough to know its stance of 'no to pre-marital sex' and foundations.

However,the truth,for me,remains that such religious considerations remain ideals that we should aspire to in freedom. Yet I have seen very many reasons to rebel against this Christian stance and others. Fundamentalism is really no faith.Our extreme doctrines and reading of christian faith has clouded its essence.

I have made a choice to love a couple of times in my life. The liberty to enjoy its blessings including its pleasures, and the stoicism to endure its ironies have kept me fulfilled.

Virginity is noble for those who cherish and champion it;I will be pleased to have my kids profess a faith in it when they come. But I am no virgin,and I love liberty enough to respect those who think differently about its value and consequence for love.

If my brain is still intact, your stance here says: it's a noble cause, however, we do falter!
EXCELLENTE!

on the other thread, you maintained that saying it's wrong is akin to being too ideal to exist in this present world (maybe, maybe not), but then, you further buttressed the need to TEST-DRIVE. That word/phrase/clause is what I don't agree with! What exactly are we test-driving? Does anybody really have a sexual encounter with the mind-set of awarding marks? I think, this test-driving concept is just a way of covering up for our 'indiscipline' (if that is the right word). I would prefer if somebody would tell me 'I had/have PMS cos the heat in between my legs was becoming unbearable-does it make it right? Not really!' than for somebody to tell me 'I had/have PMS cos I had to test-drive....and hell yeah, t'was the real and right thing to do, you can also go ahead'.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by apolonius(m): 2:16am On Jul 20, 2014
alutacontinua:

If my brain is still intact, your stance here says: it's a noble cause, however, we do falter!
EXCELLENTE!

on the other thread, you maintained that saying it's wrong is akin to being too ideal to exist in this present world (maybe, maybe not), but then, you further buttressed the need to TEST-DRIVE. That word/phrase/clause is what I don't agree with! What exactly are we test-driving? Does anybody really have a sexual encounter with the mind-set of awarding marks? I think, this test-driving concept is just a way of covering up for our 'indiscipline' (if that is the right word). I would prefer if somebody would tell me 'I had/have PMS cos the heat in between my legs was becoming unbearable-does it make it right? Not really!' than for somebody to tell me 'I had/have PMS cos I had to test-drive....and hell yeah, t'was the real and right thing to do, you can also go ahead'.

What I have said is that it is great for those who believe in it;in my own life I am not practicing it.

Now,the 'test driving' concept isn't original to me. My points and positions on that thread were expressed using a registry already created that used 'test driving'. I used 'test driving' which others had used to make all I said rhyme with an ideological syllabus.smiley

It is a mechanical concept that devalues love and the significance of the pleasures that colour it.Away from the issues and the conflicts on that thread let's call it pre-marital sex.

But,is anyone who isn't a virgin championing a 'no to pre-marital sex' not contradicting himself/herself? Is it possible to have had sex and turn around to say,"emmmm,it is really not a thing anyone should do until the 'I do' moment?"smiley
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 2:32am On Jul 20, 2014
apolonius:

What I have said is that it is great for those who believe in it;in my own life I am not practicing it.

Okay

Now,the 'test driving' concept isn't original to me. My points and positions on that thread were expressed using a registry already created that used 'test driving'. I used 'test driving' which others had used to make all I said rhyme with an ideological syllabus.smiley

It is a mechanical concept that devalues love and the significance of the pleasures that colour it.Away from the issues and the conflicts on that thread let's call it pre-marital sex.

okay

But,is anyone who isn't a virgin championing a 'no to pre-marital sex' not contradicting himself/herself? Is it possible to have had sex and turn around to say,"emmmm,it is really not a thing anyone should do until the 'I do' moment?"smiley
We make mistakes, we fall into temptation (sometimes, over and over again). As responsible adults, we learn to live with our mistakes and sometimes, become proud of them. As we are typing, there's a 1/2 probability that I'm just recovering from a tsunami of orgasms. Will I go out there tomorrow and preach to other people that they're free to do have sex as much as they can, simply because of my inability to say no, hell NO! I'll still tell anybody who cares to listen about the benefits of purity, and how noble a cause it is, of course, I'll stress the fact that the flesh is weak and there's need for determination. If I have to, I'll further add that I've personally failed a couple of times but it doesn't make it right.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by apolonius(m): 2:44am On Jul 20, 2014
alutacontinua:

Okay

okay

We make mistakes, we fall into temptation (sometimes, over and over again). As responsible adults, we learn to live with our mistakes and sometimes, become proud of them. As we are typing, there's a 1/2 probability that I'm just recovering from a tsunami of orgasms. Will I go out there tomorrow and preach to other people that they're free to do have sex as much as they can, simply because of my inability to say no, hell NO! I'll still tell anybody who cares to listen about the benefits of purity, and how noble a cause it is, of course, I'll stress the fact that the flesh is weak and there's need for determination. If I have to, I'll further add that I've personally failed a couple of times but it doesn't make it right.

Thanks for your insightful comments. Its nobility is undeniable;its been an ideal that holds hope and assured rewards can not be doubted too.My kids will be taught and exposed to these;the young will be encouraged to hold them. Yet it is a world where many do not see this value enough to inspire their chastity,and,like I did point severally,we need to guide those around us to a more pragmatic attitude than idealism.

I have come from a personal credo perspective than make a normative judgment.

By the way,looking forward to the new week?smiley
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 2:52am On Jul 20, 2014
apolonius:
By the way,looking forward to the new week?smiley

I don't have a choice undecided
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by apolonius(m): 2:57am On Jul 20, 2014
alutacontinua:

I don't have a choice undecided

Don't worry as it will be a beautiful and happy one.

Still up for awhile?I am going off to sleep in 10 minutes.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 3:01am On Jul 20, 2014
apolonius:

Don't worry as it will be a beautiful and happy one.

Still up for awhile?I am going off to sleep in 10 minutes.

Amen. smiley
don't think so @ still up.
Sleep tight and sweet dreams smiley
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by apolonius(m): 3:06am On Jul 20, 2014
alutacontinua:

Amen. smiley
don't think so @ still up.
Sleep tight and sweet dreams smiley

What happened to the 4 hours behind Nairaland fact?smiley

Any interest in politics or are they politicians you admire around the world? Has any female politician anywhere in the world impressed you?Just curious about the passion I see in you and possible purpose....smiley

If I sleep off before your reply,then may the day break.Amen.smiley
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 3:29am On Jul 20, 2014
apolonius:

What happened to the 4 hours behind Nairaland fact?smiley

Any interest in politics or are they politicians you admire around the world? Has any female politician anywhere in the world impressed you?Just curious about the passion I see in you and possible purpose....smiley

If I sleep off before your reply,then may the day break.Amen.smiley

I never said I'm 4 hours behind Nairaland. I said 'some' hours, some here could mean 2 tongue
politics? Naaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh.......left to me, the whole world would be a communist society. You need to see how content and happy cubans are undecided

the closest I come to admiring someone branded with the 'politician' tag would be my interest in Michelle Obama. But then again, I doubt I'm really interested in the political part as much as I'm interested in how much challenge she poses to the upcoming women of our own generation! The strength and confidence she exudes, while being a solid SUPPORT amazes me. smiley so, maybe, she's about the one person in the political universe that I actually take a 2nd look when I see her name or picture, ANYWHERE! cool

My passion is majorly geared towards the fact that the feminine gender is much more than the baby-making machine gender. The call to feminimity is a glorious call, one that the male gender can only always envy from afar. tongue Nature has put soooooooo much in our care by giving us the motherly role but leaving it at just that is a waste of everything nature has blessed us with. My point-it really doesn't matter whether it's politics or the education sector or the technological world or science or religion, the most important thing is to never let gender be a barrier to reaching your goals, and yes, I'm gonna keep drumming that into the ears of as much young ladies as I can. While at the same time, emphasizing the fact that it becomes much more fulfilling when you have a beautiful home to call yours alongside it all. smiley
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by apolonius(m): 3:49am On Jul 20, 2014
alutacontinua:

I never said I'm 4 hours behind Nairaland. I said 'some' hours, some here could mean 2 tongue
politics? Naaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh.......left to me, the whole world would be a communist society. You need to see how content and happy cubans are undecided

the closest I come to admiring someone branded with the 'politician' tag would be my interest in Michelle Obama. But then again, I doubt I'm really interested in the political part as much as I'm interested in how much challenge she poses to the upcoming women of our own generation! The strength and confidence she exudes, while being a solid SUPPORT amazes me. smiley so, maybe, she's about the one person in the political universe that I actually take a 2nd look when I see her name or picture, ANYWHERE! cool

Sorry for the 4 I stated o,I thought I saw that yesterday o.

Communism?Hmmmmm. I quite think in addressing the pitfalls of capitalism and democracy it still ends up in celebrating the dictatorship of a cult of powerful elite. Check out the expired USSR,China,Cuba's statecraft of a family and its acolytes,and even same in Chavez's Venezuela. The best models of government have quite dubious merchants. The seeming peace of the largely week may be a result of programmed pacifist mindset than joys.

On Mrs Obama,she is an inspiration really. The fact that she mentored him professionally years ago has also helped her support-he is her professional baby too. She represents women who come into unions as loaded assets-with skills,vision,charism,character and a willingness to love.

Bless you,Aluta-C!smiley
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 4:01am On Jul 20, 2014
apolonius:

Sorry for the 4 I stated o,I thought I saw that yesterday o.

Communism?Hmmmmm. I quite think in addressing the pitfalls of capitalism and democracy it still ends up in celebrating the dictatorship of a cult of powerful elite. Check out the expired USSR,China,Cuba's statecraft of a family and its acolytes,and even same in Chavez's Venezuela. The best models of government have quite dubious merchants. The seeming peace of the largely week may be a result of programmed pacifist mindset than joys.

On Mrs Obama,she is an inspiration really. The fact that she mentored him professionally years ago has also helped her support-he is her professional baby too. She represents women who come into unions as loaded assets-with skills,vision,charism,character and a willingness to love.

Bless you,Aluta-C!smiley

thanks.
got to go to bed now.
been nice chatting with you smiley

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by EfemenaXY: 4:16am On Jul 20, 2014
Aluta and Apolo...nairaland's night guards... lipsrsealed

*** yawns***
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by apolonius(m): 4:22am On Jul 20, 2014
EfemenaXY: Aluta and Apolo...nairaland's night guards... lipsrsealed

*** yawns***

We are selfless sentinels keeping the owls off here.smiley

Happy Sunday Efe.

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (504) (Reply)

House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.