Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,000 members, 7,810,786 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

The Family Section Fun Room!! - Family (293) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Family Section Fun Room!! (738218 Views)

Fraudulent Threads In The Family Section Of NL!!! We Don Casssssh Dem!!!!! / Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You / Happy Birthday To Family Section's World Famous Leapling (CHAIRCOVER) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (504) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 23, 2014
tunapa2009:
Biggest Boss (R231), where is my christmas gift? I don't need olive oil because I'm not a demon...loool.. How are you sir? Merry christmas in advance..

RoyalRoy, my oga at the topmost top... I double tuale.. How ur side?

My sweetheart idowuogbo, mama saidia 1 of Ibadan land, I celebrate you!!!!;P

Mama bobagunwa of Ibadan(chaircover)!!!! I hail thee ooooo..

Moca(my sweet sixteen)... How is the family?

Bellong!!! I have really missed you ooooo!!!!

To all house members, I remain loyal as usual..
May the blessing of this season never elude us and our family members!!!!
Love all!!!!!!!
Compliments to u to! kiss
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by debosky(m): 7:38pm On Dec 23, 2014
alutacontinua:
Chaircover, I got one airtel card yesterday.
Sent it to my brother actually cool
Thanks kiss
God bless you kiss
He's a nairalander too cheesy

Hmmm. . .this risharge card you are sharing. Diaris God ooo. cheesy
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Idowuogbo(f): 8:18pm On Dec 23, 2014
tunapa2009:

My sweetheart idowuogbo, mama saidia 1 of Ibadan land, I celebrate you!!!
My tunesh tunapa, padi toh surest! Sho wa pa? Good to see you ooo... kiss
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by EfemenaXY: 8:33pm On Dec 23, 2014
chaircover:
Efe easy o!
Xmas is to be enjoyed
I used to do same before but then find out I am too tired & fagged out to even enjoy the Xmas day
Stop stressing and delegate.
Very nicely ask oga to pick some things up for you. If he is in doubt ask him to send you a picture of the item when he gets to the shop. That’s what smart phones are for grin
All I am doing is putting the turkey into the oven. I have a caterer doing all other cooking
Teenage kids are better off with money. Let then buy what they want or buy it online.
Relax. Even if you forget something, there will always be a petrol station or corner shop that will be open on Xmas day. Don’t worry.

As for clothes sales, I learnt my lesson a long time ago and I don’t bother. One only ends seeing/buying orange trousers, purple shoes and sunshine yellow tops that will spend years in the wardrobe cos there is nothing that matches it. They only bring out things that no one else wanted to buy during the year Grrrrr

Thanks CC.

I guess the "issue" is the temptation to want everything to be just perfect. I usually am more laid back (I think!) with normal day-to-day stuff and step back for the rest of the family to do their bit, but with the Christmas season being a special one, it's a little bit hard to let go. Take cooking for example, I know precisely what I'll be cooking for those 3 days (24th, 25th and 26th) so every single spice, food item, drink, dessert, appetizer, and so on must be in place and in the right quantities. Crazy as it sounds, I do get a buzz from shopping too even though I almost had to climb atop my deep freezer today, just to make sure it shut properly after buying a bit more in there. I'm starting to wonder if I even know what's at the bottom sef. cheesy cheesy

Lol! You got me with the line about smart phones! I've been told that seeing as I only use 5% of it's features, why bother getting one? Even then, it's always on silent mode, so callers do get frustrated. Hubby says the only way to get me is to either call one of the boys' phones or the landline! And yep, you are right about delegating too...maybe next Christmas cheesy

It's funny you mention the corner shop because 2 days ago, I did see the sign stating that there would be "limited" service on Christmas day - 8:30 a.m to 7:30 p.m! Makes you wonder what "normal" service is then. grin grin As per clothes on sale, now that's never tempted me o! The day I want to buy them is the day I want to buy them, just like that. Lol @ your colour combination descriptions! cheesy cheesy
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by EfemenaXY: 8:37pm On Dec 23, 2014
naijababe:
@ EfemenaXY,

Teenage kids?! And you are going shopping with them? For what na?! Give them money and bid them ahoy woman!!!

My dear, it's been a rare treat o!

They're usually very busy with school and hardly ever have my time, so moi is just making the most of it, especially as they're willing to help out. More hands make light work and it can be tasking do bulk shopping with an active toddler o!

As per the last bit of your sentence...lol!! But where's the fun in that na? It won't be very Christmassy,, But you know what, it is an interesting thought.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by EfemenaXY: 8:45pm On Dec 23, 2014
damiso:

Efemenaxy take it easy ..Just take a deep breath and crack on.

My dear, I don do several deep breaths and am taking it easy now. smiley

It was such a relief to finally wrap up all those presents last night. I think everything that needs to be done has been done now. I even managed to attend 1 out of 2 parties today cheesy

@Moca: Saw your post before you deleted it but no time to reply. See eh, your own case dey different na wink wink Besides, Oga do me serious Ojoro. I woke up a few days ago to find that he don wrap all his pressies up, and dey feel cool with himself sad sad

This is what I like about some men sha. No time to dey stress and worry oneself. Very laid back. I dey console myself say my own wrapping fine pass im own. tongue tongue

@Chaircover: Caterer? For your Christmas family meal? lipsrsealed Not thought about that..but wait o! Are you throwing a big family party? cheesy grin grin
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 9:08pm On Dec 23, 2014
EfemenaXY:

My dear, I don do several deep breaths and am taking it easy now. smiley

It was such a relief to finally wrap up all those presents last night. I think everything that needs to be done has been done now. I even managed to attend 1 out of 2 parties today cheesy

@Moca: Saw your post before you deleted it but no time to reply. See eh, your own case dey different na wink wink Besides, Oga do me serious Ojoro. I woke up a few days ago to find that he don wrap all his pressies up, and dey feel cool with himself sad sad

This is what I like about some men sha. No time to dey stress and worry oneself. Very laid back. I dey console myself say my own wrapping fine pass im own. tongue tongue

@Chaircover: Caterer? For your Christmas family meal? lipsrsealed Not thought about that..but wait o! Are you throwing a big family party? cheesy grin grin
Nne, well done. I know its not easy.
Happy xmas to u and family. kiss
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by EfemenaXY: 9:09pm On Dec 23, 2014
moca:

Nne, well done. I know its not easy.
Happy xmas to u and family. kiss

Thanks!

And Merry Christmas to you and yours dear. kiss kiss
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by edwife(f): 9:16pm On Dec 23, 2014
lol @Efemenaxy eh eh,remember wedding fever? cheesy That's exactly how it was for me and i think you went that way too.... cheesy cheesy

It is well,after all we do it once in a year- so make the most of it.... cheesy cheesy

Merry Christmas dear smiley
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by EfemenaXY: 9:24pm On Dec 23, 2014
edwife:
lol @Efemenaxy eh eh,remember wedding fever? cheesy That's exactly how it was for me and i think you went that way too.... cheesy cheesy

It is well,after all we do it once in a year- so make the most of it.... cheesy cheesy

Merry Christmas dear smiley

Eds!

You must be telepathic o! I was just thinking of you now-now and how I'd like to watch a Naija movie now that I've finally got to put my feet up! grin

My dear, the thing nor easy but I'm so glad it's turning out nicely. My home looks, smells, and feels very Christmassy. Taste go so follow sha cheesy Say, when are you going to defrost your turkey? I was thinking of doing mine tonight but I think I'll wait and bring it out of the freezer tomorrow morning. Haven't got the strength to go digging deep in there again. smiley

Oh, and Merry Christmas to you and yours too babe! kiss kiss kiss
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by edwife(f): 9:27pm On Dec 23, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Eds!

You must be telepathic o! I was just thinking of you now-now and how I'd like to watch a Naija movie now that I've finally got to put my feet up! grin

My dear, the thing nor easy but I'm so glad it's turning out nicely. My home looks, smells, and feels very Christmassy. Taste go so follow sha cheesy Say, when are you going to defrost your turkey? I was thinking of doing mine tonight but I think I'll wait and bring it out of the freezer tomorrow morning. Haven't got the strength to go digging deep in there again. smiley

Oh, and Merry Christmas to you and yours too babe! kiss kiss kiss

Lol grin grin,mine too-oh Efe i so love this season you have no idea...
I will defrost mine tomorrow too, stuff it with herbs and marinate... cheesy

I am waiting for a very nice movie,starting by 9pm
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by tunapa2009(m): 9:27pm On Dec 23, 2014
Idowuogbo:

My tunesh tunapa, padi toh surest! Sho wa pa? Good to see you ooo... kiss
yes oooo!!! I dey ooooooooooo!!!!!! Same here too!!!
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by EfemenaXY: 9:34pm On Dec 23, 2014
edwife:

Lol grin grin,mine too-oh Efe i so love this season you have no idea...
I will defrost mine tomorrow too, stuff it with herbs and marinate... cheesy

I am waiting for a very nice movie,starting by 9pm

It is indeed-ie! The festive season of goodwill and cheer. smiley

I would have loved to have some ice-cream on hand but there's absolutely no space at-all-at-all for anything else. I think I've gone slightly overboard. I've got 3 Christmas puddings, an already decorated Christmas cake, and an Italian cake-bread abi bread-cake. I hear it's sweetened bread or something? Anyway, I'll soon find out sha tongue What movie's on? I missed watching today's Eastenders but will watch it on iPlayer soon.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by edwife(f): 9:39pm On Dec 23, 2014
EfemenaXY:

It is indeed-ie! The festive season of goodwill and cheer. smiley

I would have loved to have some ice-cream on hand but there's absolutely no space at-all for anything else. I think I've gone slightly overboard. I've got 3 Christmas puddings, an already decorated Christmas cake, and an Italian cake-bread abi bread-cake. I hear it's sweetened bread or something? Anyway, I'll soon find out sha tongue What movie's on? I missed watching today's Eastenders but will watch it on iPlayer soon.

I will bake my Christmas cake,a chocolate cake... cheesy
I hate Eastenders,very boring...all British soaps grin grin grin
The movie on Nollywood movies
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by EfemenaXY: 9:43pm On Dec 23, 2014
edwife:

Haha! I luuurrvvee Eastenders!

I'll be baking some meatpies with minced beef boiled with salt and onions, drained and then fried with curry & thyme & maggi. I'll add some pre-steamed and chopped Irish potatoes and carrots to the mix. I find this a much better alternative to minced pies but I did get some Kipling's brand for those that like them though. smiley
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by edwife(f): 9:50pm On Dec 23, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Haha! I luuurrvvee Eastenders!

I'll be baking some meatpies with minced beef boiled with salt and onions, drained and then fried with curry & thyme & maggi. I'll add some pre-steamed and chopped Irish potatoes and carrots to the mix. I find this a much better alternative to minced pies but I did get some Kipling's brand for those that like them though. smiley

That's the best mixture,i only use minced beef for samosas...
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by EfemenaXY: 9:52pm On Dec 23, 2014
edwife:

That's the best mixture,i only use minced beef for samosas...

smiley
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by r231(m): 10:12pm On Dec 23, 2014
,m
tunapa2009:
Biggest Boss (R231), where is my christmas gift? I don't need olive oil because I'm not a demon...loool.. How are you sir? Merry christmas in advance..

RoyalRoy, my oga at the topmost top... I double tuale.. How ur side?

My sweetheart idowuogbo, mama saidia 1 of Ibadan land, I celebrate you!!!!;P

Mama bobagunwa of Ibadan(chaircover)!!!! I hail thee ooooo..

Moca(my sweet sixteen)... How is the family?

To all house members, I remain loyal as usual..
May the blessing of this season never elude us and our family members!!!!
Love all!!!!!!!

Same to you my brother......

Save some siiken for me o
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by r231(m): 10:14pm On Dec 23, 2014
edwife:

undecided undecided

Really
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by edwife(f): 10:20pm On Dec 23, 2014
r231:

undecided undecided

Really

Yes really undecided
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by r231(m): 10:27pm On Dec 23, 2014
edwife:

Yes really undecided

You don't know what you are missing.....

Xmas day episode gonna be explosive
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by damiso(f): 10:33pm On Dec 23, 2014
Hello everyone. ..I like eastenders but why must every Christmas be tragic naa

I don't want to spoil it for Efe but why can Christmas be nice and merry like it is for normal people?

R231 so you watch eastenders? That's nice that you admit it unlike that my poser hubby tongue grin He keeps saying' I wonder what you see in Eastenders its boring' and then the next minute says 'when did Sharon get back' tongue grin grin or 'do they now know who killed Lucy' shuo bros I thought you said you don't watch it how you con know everybody name naa grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by r231(m): 10:46pm On Dec 23, 2014
damiso:
Hello everyone. ..I like eastenders but why must every Christmas be tragic naa

I don't want to spoil it for Efe but why can Christmas be nice and merry like it is for normal people?

R231 so you watch eastenders? That's nice that you admit it unlike that my poser hubby tongue grin He keeps saying' I wonder what you see in Eastenders its boring' and then the next minute says 'when did Sharon get back' tongue grin grin or 'do they now know who killed Lucy' shuo bros I thought you said you don't watch it how you con know everybody name naa grin grin grin

Not only watch it sef....lol

It's on timer record grin

Even when I travel and come back, I sit back and watch the whole episodes I missed

Xmas in Albert square is not normal at least this year there is going to be about 3-4 major explosion grin

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by MirrorMirror: 11:50pm On Dec 23, 2014
Hmmmmmmmm...................

Trying EfemenaXY meat pie tomorrow.......sounds like good idea and hopefully i'll get it right!
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 12:29am On Dec 24, 2014
oga Tunapa how you dey? Long time. Merry Xmas smiley

Peeps I am finally there . . .well almost. I havent wrapped any presents yet embarassed and my daughter has found one embarassed
Some of the others I dont even know where I put them

Efe I understand and I know the feeling. If you are hosting you want to have more than not have enough.
As Africans We are not oyibo who have a fixed number of people who come to the table at 1pm, and our people just come in and out all day long and sometimes bringing their own guests, so sometimes its hard to judge how much food one needs. My hubby is still inviting people up until now. It is well.

Did someone say Easternders shocked shocked shocked
and people will be yapping me for watching poirot & columbo grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by bellong: 8:57am On Dec 24, 2014
tunapa2009:

Love all!!!!!!!

Tunde Tunapa... Missed you too bro.

The gods have been traveling around the world distributing and collecting Christmas chickens, cows, goats, palm oil, rice and yam tubers....

Happy Christmas and Merry new year in advance..
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by RoyalRoy(m): 10:01am On Dec 24, 2014
Corper Tunapa2009 how body? Hope you are keeping it real?
Wishing you a happy Xmas and a merry new year ahead!!!
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by debosky(m): 11:25am On Dec 24, 2014
r231:

Not only watch it sef....lol
It's on timer record grin
Even when I travel and come back, I sit back and watch the whole episodes I missed

Xmas in Albert square is not normal at least this year there is going to be about 3-4 major explosion grin

I remember a few years ago when they switched babies and took someone's baby and replaced with a dead one. . . I couldn't sleep well for a few nights because I was so furious someone could try it, even in obodo oyinbo. cheesy
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by tunapa2009(m): 11:45am On Dec 24, 2014
bellong:

Tunde Tunapa... Missed you too bro.

The gods have been traveling around the world distributing and collecting Christmas chickens, cows, goats, palm oil, rice and yam tubers....

Happy Christmas and Merry new year in advance..
woooow!!! The gods have really upgraded ooooo!!! Make d gods reach my side oooo or else
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by wonlasewonimi: 11:46am On Dec 24, 2014
I thought I was the only guy that's a fan of Eastenders.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by bellong: 11:47am On Dec 24, 2014
tunapa2009:
woooow!!! The gods have really upgraded ooooo!!! Make d gods reach my side oooo or else

The gods will surely reach your side, you only need to be very well prepared. The gods will collect only 3 cows, 5 goats, one 50kg bag of rice, 50litres groundnut oil and 25 litres palm oil..

The gods are very lenient with you... cheesy cheesy
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by tunapa2009(m): 11:49am On Dec 24, 2014
RoyalRoy:
Corper Tunapa2009 how body? Hope you are keeping it real?
Wishing you a happy Xmas and a merry new year ahead!!!
I just gentle for here as allawee neva show.. No show for us ooooo!!!

Thank you brother!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (504) (Reply)

House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.