Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,220 members, 7,953,811 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:09 AM

The Family Section Fun Room!! - Family (299) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Family Section Fun Room!! (760242 Views)

Fraudulent Threads In The Family Section Of NL!!! We Don Casssssh Dem!!!!! / Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You / Happy Birthday To Family Section's World Famous Leapling (CHAIRCOVER) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (504) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 1:43pm On Dec 30, 2014
chaircover:
I hope the thread starter doesnt mind me sharing this link here, but I couldnt help but feel so sad.

This marriage thing can be something else and even reading the thread alone kind of drains me.

https://www.nairaland.com/1842979/lonely-yet-married

Mehn, that guy is going to just not wake up one day if everything he wrote on that thread is true. I am all for giving but when one person is constantly giving it gets too much
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 1:46pm On Dec 30, 2014
naijababe:

Mehn, that guy is going to just not wake up one day if everything he wrote on that thread is true. I am all for giving but when one person is constantly giving it gets too much

At a point I thought it was all made up
I hope he doesnt shoot that woman one day
I wish there was a way of getting accross to him to tell him to go for counselling
This is very unhealthy and I hope he doesnt explode one day
There is a kid involved and that makes it the more scary if all hell lets loose one day.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 1:51pm On Dec 30, 2014
chaircover:

At a point I thought it was all made up
I hope he doesnt shoot that woman one day
I wish there was a way of getting accross to him to tell him to go for counselling
This is very unhealthy and I hope he doesnt explode one day
There is a kid involved and that makes it the more scary if all hell lets loose one day.

Counselling will not help him o, he just needs to man up and be confrontational for once, it either that or he will butcher her in her sleep one day
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 30, 2014
naijababe:

Counselling will not help him o, he just needs to man up and be confrontational for once, it either that or he will butcher her in her sleep one day

Counselling will help him to see things clearly and help him to find his self exteem wherever she has hidden it.
This is mental abuse. The guy cant even take a nap when he is tired.
I mean a proper counsellor not the pastor counsellor who will tell him its do or die
I am afraid for him, cos he is a ticking time bomb.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 30, 2014
chaircover:

Counselling will help him to see things clearly and help him to find his self exteem wherever she has hidden it.
This is mental abuse. The guy cant even take a nap when he is tired.
I mean a proper counsellor not the pastor counsellor who will tell him its do or die
I am afraid for him, cos he is a ticking time bomb.

Ok, the type of counselling that will help him figure that he is a doormat and does not have to be, I agree! He really is a ticking time bomb
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by edwife(f): 2:37pm On Dec 30, 2014
naijababe:

Ok, the type of counselling that will help him figure that he is a doormat and does not have to be, I agree! He really is a ticking time bomb

I did not know that this type of men exist,the guy is practically a doormat,weakling.....well that's how he sounds.
Why on earth is he still with that woman?
That's diary was so pathetic,i had to skip some part and i got so upset where she needed him as an applicator. undecided undecided undecided
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 30, 2014
edwife:

I did not know that this type of men exist,the guy is pratically a doormat,weakly.....well that's how he sounds.
Why on earth is he still with that woman?
That's diary was so pathetic,i had to skip some part and i got so upset where she needed him as an applicator. undecided undecided undecided

To be honest, I felt really sorry for him because you could see he is a good man
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by EfemenaXY: 4:14pm On Dec 30, 2014
chaircover:
I hope the thread starter doesnt mind me sharing this link here, but I couldnt help but feel so sad.

This marriage thing can be something else and even reading the thread alone kind of drains me.

https://www.nairaland.com/1842979/lonely-yet-married

He is coping and managing his marriage to the best of his ability. Only he can decide when enough's enough and free himself. They've been married for 13 years, so understandably, he won't want to give up on it.

You are right though. Reading his entries are draining to say the least. I just about managed the first page and the last two entries.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 30, 2014
naijababe:

To be honest, I felt really sorry for him because you could see he is a good man

. . . . .hardworking and genuingly tries to please his wife even though she is never thankful or even notices his sacrifices
I feel sorry for him too . .
ive been watching a lot of criminal minds lately and im just kind of scared that he doesnt crack one day
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by EfemenaXY: 4:15pm On Dec 30, 2014
naijababe:

There are many marriages like that but with the tables turned. It's usually the women who bend over backwards and try, try, try, to single-handedly make it work.

4 Likes

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by edwife(f): 4:17pm On Dec 30, 2014
naijababe:

A very good man! a gentleman to say the least.....
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 30, 2014
EfemenaXY:

There are many marriages like that but with the tables turned. It's usually the women who bend over backwards and try, try, try, to single-handedly make it work.

Yes but you know what its like.This is abuse
A woman will be able to talk about it more than a man can
How many men do actually confide in their friends and family that they are being abused. He probably has no one to talk to and its all bottled up in him until one day. . . . .POP!
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by jaybee3(m): 4:21pm On Dec 30, 2014
hmmmm hmmmm
hmmmm hmmmm
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 30, 2014
jaybee3:
hmmmm hmmmm
hmmmm hmmmm

Whats for lunch?

Turkey WITH Pork & Chesnut stufing?

Or Monica Fish With Alomo Bitters?
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by jaybee3(m): 4:27pm On Dec 30, 2014
chaircover:

Whats for lunch?

Turkey WITH Pork & Chesnut stufing?

Or Monica Fish With Alomo Bitters?

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 30, 2014

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by EfemenaXY: 4:39pm On Dec 30, 2014
chaircover:

Yes but you know what its like.This is abuse
A woman will be able to talk about it more than a man can
How many men do actually confide in their friends and family that they are being abused. He probably has no one to talk to and its all bottled up in him until one day. . . . .POP!

Sometimes, people remain in certain situations not because they're happy about it, but because they've been in there for so long, it's all they know...and the thought of living outside / starting all over again is unbearable. Unbearable because it means stepping out of their "comfort" zone. Similar to someone whose been in prison for 20, 30, or even 40 odd years. Naturally, they wouldn't be keen on getting released back into the real world and understandably too.

Yes, this guy is aware that even though no two marriages are the same, and that each marriage has it's own unique challenges, his own is really not normal. So what next? He adopts a coping mechanism / different strategies where he tries to forcast his wife's ever changing moods and fits of tantrums....to the point where he blames himself for not seeing it coming.

You know, even though he's written quite a lot, I still will take it with a pinch of salt as his wife isn't here to give us her version of events. He's stated several times that she's told him to his face that she hates him and has hinted at a divorce. Has he asked her why she hates him so much and doesn't just leave? Or maybe being the private person he is, this isn't something he's willing to delve into any further.

Thirteen years is no can of beans, so I kinda understand why he's desperately trying to make it work. I can only wish him all the very best in his efforts.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by cococandy(f): 4:40pm On Dec 30, 2014
jaybee3:

Cat's for lunch? cheesy
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 30, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Sometimes, people remain in certain situations not because they're happy about it, but because they've been in there for so long, it's all they know...and the thought of living outside / starting all over again is unbearable. Unbearable because it means stepping out of their "comfort" zone. Similar to someone whose been in prison for 20, 30, or even 40 odd years. Naturally, they wouldn't be keen on getting released back into the real world and understandably too.

Yes, this guy is aware that even though no two marriages are the same, and that each marriage has it's own unique challenges, his own is really not normal. So what next? He adopts a coping mechanism / different strategies where he tries to forcast his wife's ever changing moods and fits of tantrums....to the point where he blames himself for not seeing it coming.

You know, even though he's written quite a lot, I still will take it with a pinch of salt as his wife isn't here to give us her version of events. He's stated several times that she's told him to his face that she hates him and has hinted at a divorce. Has he asked her why she hates him so much and doesn't just leave? Or maybe being the private person he is, this isn't something he's willing to delve into any further.

Thirteen years is no can of beans, so I kinda understand why he's desperately trying to make it work. I can only wish him all the very best in his efforts.

He is like the frog sitting in pot of water on fire. He's is going to get boiled if the accounts are as he's related them . Too depressing to say the least
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by EfemenaXY: 4:49pm On Dec 30, 2014
naijababe:

He is like the frog sitting in pot of water on fire. He's is going to get boiled if the accounts are as he's related them . Too depressing to say the least

Fear of the unknown, more like.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 30, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Fear of the unknown, more like.

He does not sound fearful though
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by EfemenaXY: 4:54pm On Dec 30, 2014
^^ Lol!

No, what I meant is that he is reluctant to start afresh and would rather remain where he is, constantly trying to make it work. Kudos to him for trying sha.
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 4:55pm On Dec 30, 2014
Maybe its for fnancial reasons
Divorce can be very expensive especially if you have a wife who will stitch you up for half or everything earned plus future earnings.
You get accustomed to a certain lifestyle . .
This could be one of his reasons

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 30, 2014
EfemenaXY:
^^ Lol!

No, what I meant is that he is reluctant to start afresh and would rather remain where he is, constantly trying to make it work. Kudos to him for trying sha.

Yes, it does sound like he is unwilling to see what is out there for him. He's much rather stew in his 5hit
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by EfemenaXY: 5:51pm On Dec 30, 2014
chaircover:
efe I am in the middle of watching phone swap
its a really good one . . .
I am not sure if its on Youtube, I recorded this from Sky.

Is it a Naija movie?

Pls, pls, pls, don't tell me they don't speak English! cheesy cheesy
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 30, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Is it a Naija movie?

Pls, pls, pls, don't tell me they don't speak English! cheesy cheesy

sorry ive looked everywhere
I can only find it on ibakatv and its $7 a month to subscribe
i recorded it on OHTV on sky the other day
Maybe someone else knows where else to watch it on the internet
Its a great movie
this is the trailer . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkWW2JrZebc
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by damiso(f): 6:14pm On Dec 30, 2014
Always wanted to watch phone swap will look on the planner to see if OHTV will repeat it again and record.

Hello everyone...as much as I am excited about the new year my lazy self is not looking forward to the end of this lazing period embarassed embarassed We go start mad rush again from 6th January *sighs* why can't I just win the 100 million pound Euromillion lottery sad(see how can I win when I never play)
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by edwife(f): 6:23pm On Dec 30, 2014
damiso:
Always wanted to watch phone swap will look on the planner to see if OHTV will repeat it again and record.

Hello everyone...as much as I am excited about the new year my lazy self is not looking forward to the end of this lazing period embarassed embarassed We go start mad rush again from 6th January *sighs* why can't I just win the 100 million pound Euromillion lottery sad(see how can I win when I never play)

Noolywood tv too showed it sometimes ago,i did not record it but this time around i am waiting for them.....

My dear,i am praying for a strike or just something to come up(snow,anything that will keep me indoor embarassed embarassed).

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by EfemenaXY: 6:46pm On Dec 30, 2014
chaircover:

sorry ive looked everywhere
I can only find it on ibakatv and its $7 a month to subscribe
i recorded it on OHTV on sky the other day
Maybe someone else knows where else to watch it on the internet
Its a great movie
this is the trailer . . .

CC the trailer is awesome.

Okay ladies, I've just seen another good one. Right from the start you can tell it's worth watching and Mercy Johnson's in on it.

Caro, the shoemaker

Edwife: I'm sure you must have seen this, but if not, I'm recommending this one for you...

Someone pls tell me why the title of this movie reminds me of R231's winter shoes? grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by SAMBARRY: 7:00pm On Dec 30, 2014
You and home video ehen grin

I'm sure you are one of the women that live in the kind of flat where if nepa takes light you will leave your house and go to iya chiamakas flat to watch part two because they on generator grin grin
EfemenaXY:

Okay ladies, I've just seen another good one. Right from the start you can tell it's worth watching and Mercy Johnson's in on it.

Caro, the shoemaker

Edwife: I'm sure you must have seen this, but if not, I'm recommending this one for you...

Someone pls tell me why the title of this movie reminds me of R231's winter shoes? grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by edwife(f): 7:02pm On Dec 30, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Caro, the shoemaker

lol trust me i have seen it grin grin but did not finish(over acting) but it is good.

1 Like

Re: The Family Section Fun Room!! by EfemenaXY: 7:07pm On Dec 30, 2014
SAMBARRY:
You and home video ehen grin

I'm sure you are one of the women that live in the kind of flat where if nepa takes light you will leave your house and go to iya chiamakas flat to watch part two because they on generator grin grin

Lol!

No.

I'm too much of an introvert to go flat hopping. smiley smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (504) (Reply)

House Clearance Sales.. Come In Here!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.