Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Fellow Nigerians, "The Revolution Is Now"! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Fellow Nigerians, "The Revolution Is Now"! (539 Views)

Advice Your Fellow Nigerians: Please Drop Your Quote Here / Do You Think Revolution Is An Ideology? / Free For You: A Bestselling Book "revolution In World Missions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fellow Nigerians, "The Revolution Is Now"! by KOPHO125: 11:50pm On Aug 30, 2013
“When you are thinking of how you will iron your clothes before they take the light, how you must wake up early to fetch water before it becomes dirty, you can’t engage yourself in creative thinking!”

Few weeks ago, I was on the queue in other to get some cash from the ATM of a bank. Having endured the harshness of the sunny day for almost an hour, the machine finally displayed “OUT OF SERVICE” at a time I was just few minutes away from making withdrawal. Almost everybody became angry and felt bitter about the state of the nation; the revelations by one of the aggrieved persons remain fresh in my memory. He said: “Nigeria is doomed! Let’s just take it as our fate and live everyday as they come so far we are not hungry”, He continued: “You see, there is nobody that can save Naija, everybody is interested in his/her pocket, all na lie! Abeg!!”. Of course, this was not the first time I would come across such revelations. But, this time, it dealt a huge blow on me probably because he was a young man. Then, I asked myself a question: “Does it therefore mean that majority of Nigerians, especially the youths, think this way? If YES, What does the future hold for our dearest nation?
A few days later, I was chatting with a friend and colleague on BBM; it was all about the state of the nation. I will like to share it with you. Here is an excerpt:
Deolu: It just happened that the so called politicians became greedy. And now, people are asking: “what have they gained?”
Kofo: Yea, no dividends. If this generation can campaign for change, we will achieve it but majority of the youths are not enthusiastic.
Deolu: Well, ours is a generation of talkative. People can talk! But when it comes to action, we are nowhere to be found!
Kofo (sighs): Hmmmmm
Deolu: Like I will always say, we must blame our fathers for all these.
Kofo: How?
Deolu: I get angry when some middle aged to elderly people tell stories of when they were in school…..their fathers, our grandfathers gave them that, so what happened? How come they couldn’t pass such good life down, rather with their greed and gluttony, they spoilt everything.
Kofo: The facilities we have are retrogressing, from education to health and all that. It’s very pathetic.
Deolu: …….And funny enough, we (the youths) are imbibing such selfish nature…Did you just mention education!!! We have gone soooooo backward!
Kofo: There is no fear of God anymore. Dignity is gone.
Deolu: The youths are frustrated, they can’t think anymore! You know some things should not occupy your mind. When you are thinking of how you will iron your clothes before they take the light, how you must wake up early to fetch water before it becomes dirty; you can’t engage yourself in creative thinking!
Kofo: That’s very true! I agree with you
Deolu: And that’s why our production industry is in shambles. When others are exploring space, we have not yet solved the problems within us. If you don’t settle yourself, you can’t reach out.
(……….and then, there was a sudden break in communication for almost 15 minutes)
Deolu: I’m sorry, my battery went flat. Another indictment of our society- ELECTRICITY!
Kofo: It is well.
This is the view of a Nigerian youth. Many Nigerians have been clamoring for a revolution similar to those of Syria and Egypt. Is that the answer? Definitely NO! Let’s consider this: A farmer once noticed that his farm produce were not encouraging. He invited researchers to help him out and it was discovered that the seeds he planted were not viable despite the fact that the soil was very fertile. What did he do? He cultivated a new set of seeds. Within a few years, he became the owner of the largest farm in his community and its environs. What lesson can we learn from this? We cannot change our nation if we don’t sow new seeds- thoughts and perception about Nigeria; these seeds will grow into a NEW NIGERIA because our land is very fertile. Maybe you don’t even know that the future of Nigeria lies within us, it’s in our able hands. YES, YOU and I!
[b]How do we achieve the Nigeria we desire? [/b]The answer is not farfetched. The solution is REVOLUTION OF OUR MINDS. Remember, our mind is the seat of power. It determines who we are and what we do. There is no innovation/event that takes place without being created and nurtured in the mind. Simply put, REVOLUTION OF MIND is the education of the mind. Begin to do things in the right way without any form of favoritism/bias. For the next few weeks, I will be sharing certain ideas on how to achieve and sustain the much needed REVOLUTION OF MIND. They are called “The 7 CORE VALUES”, and I’m sure you will be a better person after reading and digesting them promptly.
We must appreciate the efforts of Fela Durotoye’s GEMSTONE Nation Building Project, Sam Adeyemi Coaching School, The FUTURE Project, Hope Rising Foundation (HRF) NIGERIA and others. You know what! YOU must be involved in Nation Building too; it should not be left to only a few set of people because it’s our collective responsibility. You can start NOW by sharing this article with others on every social network and effect change. We are AMBASSADORS OF CHANGE, YES we are!
Think about this: “What legacy do you want to leave for the younger generation?”

You may also what to read this. [b]THE NIGERIA WE DESIRE [/b]http://kennydamola./2012/11/15/5/
kennydamola@yahoo.com @kofoogbam +2348058996841

(1) (Reply)

What Courses Do I Take In College For Early Childhood Education And Requirements / Season Of Open Letters: Merry Christmas To Unilorin Mech Engrg. Graduates - 2010 / Plz Help "where to download novels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.