Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,379 members, 7,822,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola (28557 Views)

Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon / I Am A Babalawo - An Exclusive Interview With Prof. Wande Abimbola / Pope Benedict Xvi Meets Ifa Priest Wande Abimbola, Others! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by babakura(m): 10:07pm On Aug 31, 2013
BSc. Tewe Tegbo
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by fluteman: 10:20pm On Aug 31, 2013
[quote author=queenvic][/quote]
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by fluteman: 10:23pm On Aug 31, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

This story is for you:

A boat docked in a tiny Ijaw fishing village.

A tourist complimented the local fishermen on the quality of their fish and asked how long it took him to catch them.

"Not very long." they answered in unison.

"Why didn't you stay out longer and catch more?"

The fishermen explained that their small catches were sufficient to meet their needs and those of their families.

"But what do you do with the rest of your time?"

"We sleep late, fish a little, play with our children,
and take siestas with our wives.
In the evenings, we go into the village to see our friends,
have a few drinks, play the drums, and sing a few songs.
We have a full life." ..

The tourist interrupted,
"I have an MBA from Harvard and I can help you!
You should start by fishing longer every day.
You can then sell the extra fish you catch.
With the extra revenue, you can buy a bigger boat."

"And after that?"

"With the extra money the larger boat will bring, you can buy a second one and a third one and so on until you have an entire fleet of trawlers.
Instead of selling your fish to a middle man, you can then negotiate directly with the processing plants and maybe even open your own plant.

You can then leave this little village and move to Abuja ,Los Angels or even New York City !

From there you can direct your huge new enterprise."

"How long would that take?"

"Twenty, perhaps twenty-five years." replied the tourist.

"And after that?"

"Afterwards? Well my friend, that's when it gets really interesting, "
answered the tourist, laughing. "When your business gets really big,
you can start buying and selling stocks and make millions!"

"Millions? Really? And after that?" asked the fishermen.

"After that you'll be able to retire,
live in a tiny village near the coast,
sleep late, play with your children,
catch a few fish, take a siesta with your wife
and spend your evenings drinking and enjoying your friends."

“ That’s what I am doing right now” replied the fisherman.

Dear lord....why do I think this post is from a brilliant, exposed and a wise mind

2 Likes

Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by Nobody: 11:27pm On Aug 31, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

Hi Kails. I hope your day went well today. smiley

it did sweetheart. smiley
good to have you back.
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:29pm On Aug 31, 2013
*Kails*:

it did sweetheart. smiley
good to have you back.

THank You Dear.

you wont believe it I was just listening to Jamaica music by Boney M.

funny the way things work. .
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by Seempliehuman(m): 1:37am On Sep 01, 2013
richeyy: Is that a white guy among the graduates in the 3rd picture? undecided
i know of white Americans who study Yoruba in American Universities.
I even read their paper on the beliefs of the Yorubas concerning twins.
According to wikipedia and all other research,we have the highest twining rate in the world!
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by Seempliehuman(m): 1:55am On Sep 01, 2013
Chikeziehosan:
How can u BELIEVE in a GOD that CREATED d earth with a COCKEREL..that's preposterous and absurd.
This is the problem with most Africans. You do not want to believe in a Yoruba god that created the earth by dumping earth frm a calabash on the large body of water that covered the earth and then commanding a cockerel to spread the earth round to form solid ground.
Yet,without questions,you want to believe in a foreign god that said 'let there be light' and there was lyt and he went on to create the world like that.
I ask, what is the difference?
I'm not a big fan of religion, but i'd rather stick to my father's religion if spiritual faith was do or die
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by Seempliehuman(m): 2:02am On Sep 01, 2013
I think it is derogatory to call Ifa religion a 'PAGAN' religion.
I'm sure the christians who first used the term meant for it to be derogatory.
It is simply Ifa religion, originally belonging to the Yorubas but anyone who seeks its spiritual,moral and social enlightenment, upliftment and lessons is welcome to it.

1 Like

Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:08am On Sep 01, 2013
Seempliehuman:
This is the problem with most Africans. You do not want to believe in a Yoruba god that created the earth by dumping earth frm a calabash on the large body of water that covered the earth and commanding a cockerel to spread the earth round to form solid ground.
Yet,without questions,you want to believe in a foreign god that said 'let there be light' and there was lyt and he went on to create the world like that.
I ask, what is the difference?
I'm not a big fan of religion, but i'd rather stick to my father's religion if spiritual faith was do or die

There is a difference between Pagan/Tribal Cultural Legends and the creation stories of christian. The Pagan ones are cultural stories created for entertainment and to provide deeper lessons on morals and the primordial beginnings.Almost all the millions of Pagan legends generally are of this form. We do not take it literally

However the abrahamists are taught to take your myths literally and as a result, they are harbouring deviated thoughts. They have gone against the normal structure and conduct of religion.
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:10am On Sep 01, 2013
Seempliehuman: I think it is derogatory to call Ifa religion a 'PAGAN' religion.
I'm sure the christians who first used the term meant for it to be derogatory.
It is simply Ifa religion, originally belonging to the Yorubas but anyone who seeks its spiritual,moral and social enlightenment, upliftment and lessons is welcome to it.

In todays world, there is no other single word to classify all Tribal religions under one banner.

Pagan means villager. It was a term used to mock the villagers in Europe who wished to stick to their Traditional beliefs, before the christians forcefully converted them.

Today all Ethnic religions are classified unto that. The Pagan "back to the roots" movement is fast gaining ground.
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by plaetton: 4:18am On Sep 01, 2013
Pagan 9ja,
Comrade, warrior and most noble son of the African soil.
Words are not enough to express my admiration and gratitude for your illustrous work to rekindle the true African spirit.
We are so lost. There is a lot of work to be done.
I need to make out time to join you in this noble project of re-awakening the African spirit.

Kudos to you.

3 Likes

Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by JW214: 6:44am On Sep 01, 2013
@op, nice piece there

I once met a Prof in FUTA, prof Odeyemi, he is from Ilawe-Ekiti,I think he worships Ifa too

I know Prof Abimbola's twins too, the school as someone stated is in Ilora Oyo very close to a very big Church, plenty mosques on the street, Dacamca hotel is not far as well and everyone in that community lives peacefully without war.

I think religion is not the problem, it is our extremism

2 Likes

Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by Asolab(m): 7:07am On Sep 01, 2013
Crassus:

WHO IS THIS MORO.N?
,,,,,,,,,abi ooooo
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by mcfynest(m): 8:35am On Sep 01, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Jesus clearly said he came for the jew only. Are you a jew or your pastor didn't show you matthew 15:24?

Return to your history and origin or become river that forgot it origin. That mean you will dry up soon

bro....you are the real jew
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by TerryCarr(m): 1:36pm On Sep 01, 2013
Chris Nnaz: Our culture,our culture that cud not give us electricity,education,technology etc. the only thing our culture gave us are gender inequality, poverty, selfisheness.Look at Africa, what do you see?people still hanging on culture and moving backwards.let us drop those cultural practices so that Africa can move forward.
most of the problems with Africa is not cultural its political.

1 Like

Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:30pm On Sep 01, 2013
plaetton: Pagan 9ja,
Comrade, warrior and most noble son of the African soil.
Words are not enough to express my admiration and gratitude for your illustrous work to rekindle the true African spirit.
We are so lost. There is a lot of work to be done.
I need to make out time to join you in this noble project of re-awakening the African spirit.

Kudos to you.

My brother! dont worry all is not lost. we have a long life ahead of us in which we can change everything if we want to. and we will try our best. wink

1 Like

Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by olurotimi(m): 10:39pm On Sep 01, 2013
This is a very good initiative taken to preserve and rediscover our Great heritage in yoruba land and Africa in whole. I admire the Biography of this great Professor. Also the aspect of ifa medicine will help cure many ailment the white medicine have not been able to. I encourage our people and government to support this idea. May God grant us more wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by Seempliehuman(m): 11:39pm On Sep 01, 2013
Pagan 9ja.
I know it is just folktale. I just used that illustration to show him that it is foolish to give more credibility to the christian story because both tales are equally implausible.
If he questioned one, he should question the other and not just accept
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by Seempliehuman(m): 11:51pm On Sep 01, 2013
I know the origin of the word 'pagan'.
I'm just saying it is and was designed to be derogatory. Calling people 'pagan' gives christians and muslims a sense of superiority over other religions.
Africans can still return to their roots without submitting their spiritual beliefs and ideas to the offensive definitions muslims and christian are eager to give them.
Our fathers initially left their religions because they were confused by the colonialists and jihadists that it was inferior. Accepting the title of a 'pagan' dosent fight the falsehood in my opinion
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by igbo2011(m): 3:06am On Sep 02, 2013
is there a website for this?
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by baqina(m): 2:57pm On Sep 02, 2013
[b][/b]"His late father, Abimbola Iroko, a veteran of World War I"

Helllllloooooo

1 Like

Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:52pm On Sep 02, 2013
Seempliehuman: Pagan 9ja.
I know it is just folktale. I just used that illustration to show him that it is foolish to give more credibility to the christian story because both tales are equally implausible.
If he questioned one, he should question the other and not just accept

Yes Yes I understand perfectly brother. wink
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:56pm On Sep 02, 2013
Seempliehuman: I know the origin of the word 'pagan'.
I'm just saying it is and was designed to be derogatory. Calling people 'pagan' gives christians and muslims a sense of superiority over other religions.
Africans can still return to their roots without submitting their spiritual beliefs and ideas to the offensive definitions muslims and christian are eager to give them.
Our fathers initially left their religions because they were confused by the colonialists and jihadists that it was inferior. Accepting the title of a 'pagan' dosent fight the falsehood in my opinion

Ok point noted.

Well actually there are certain sentiments involved here that if you are from such a background, only then will you understand.

Im originally from a farmers background. Add to that I am a Tribesman and a Traditionalist.

It is basically to show the world and the "abrahamist" in particular, that even a "villager" or someone of that background has the potential to come up in life.

This is not just about Africa, this is about the Tribespeople around the world, who have faced the same colonial history, onversion, current political history, etc..

If you have any other word to club all ground-root Tribal spirituality into one word on an internation level, please do suggest it to me.
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:57pm On Sep 02, 2013
igbo2011: is there a website for this?

there must be. Im not sure.

Mr. Abimbola does have one though.

http://www.wandeabimbola.com/
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by Seempliehuman(m): 7:50pm On Sep 07, 2013
we have a basic difference in ideology here.
I dont think the path to spirtual healing is\should be unified.
Let those people discover their own truth based on circumstances unique to them and we'll do thesame here

1 Like

Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by macof(m): 4:51pm On Sep 11, 2013
Chris Nnaz: Our culture,our culture that cud not give us electricity,education,technology etc. the only thing our culture gave us are gender inequality, poverty, selfisheness.Look at Africa, what do you see?people still hanging on culture and moving backwards.let us drop those cultural practices so that Africa can move forward.

am sure they have banished u from ur village or u have just become a senseless, brainwashed fool...instead of u to say something about developing, and giving more insights and world recognition to ur indigenous ethnic group u are talking about dropping our culture. u can go and live in Europe or some "moving forward" region and denouce ur heritage if u wish.

2 Likes

Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by nnofaith: 8:19pm On Sep 11, 2013
sometimes you need to go back to move foward!

great thread pagan. you are always an inspiration.
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by MamiWata: 1:15am On Sep 12, 2013
Orikinla:
You are still a learner and you don't know much of Ifa.

So then what part of Ifa supports your being "born again"? Do tell.
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by MamiWata: 2:19am On Sep 12, 2013
richeyy: Is that a white guy among the graduates in the 3rd picture? undecided

Most certainly. There are a lot of pics of this guy with white "initiates." Suspect to me.
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by ghostofsparta(m): 12:21am On Jan 06, 2014
Orikinla:
Forever in Christ Jesus our Lord and Messiah.

Lest you forget, Ifa recognized Jesus Christ as the Word of God that became flesh.
If you doubt me, consult Ifa.

In what Odu did Ifa recognize the Jew Jesus Christ whose existence are debated by certain whites. Ifa didn't recognize Buddha or Shinto both of whom even predated Jesus.

2 Likes

Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by ghostofsparta(m): 12:35am On Jan 06, 2014
MamiWata:
Most certainly. There are a lot of pics of this guy with white "initiates." Suspect to me.
That's her wife, Iyanifa Ajisebo Wande Abimbola. She's speaks seven languages fluently. She currently teaches Portuguese and Spanish in the school. She is the mother of the little boy 'Iroko' in the first picture who is a reincarnate of Prof. Wande Abimbola's father.
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:39am On Jan 06, 2014
ghostofsparta:

In what Odu did Ifa recognize the Jew Jesus Christ whose existence are debated by certain whites. Ifa didn't recognize Buddha or Shinto both of whom even predated Jesus.

Oga Shinto is not a person. Shinto is the name of JTR. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Supo Ayokunle Tours Salvation Ministries 90,000 Seater Church, Secondary School / Mike Bamiloye Celebrates Easter With Family Photo / TB Joshua Splashes N25m On Miracle Armed Robbery Survivor (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.