Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,371 members, 7,819,329 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola (28532 Views)

Pastors & Imams Come To Consult Ifa – Ifayemi Elebuibon / I Am A Babalawo - An Exclusive Interview With Prof. Wande Abimbola / Pope Benedict Xvi Meets Ifa Priest Wande Abimbola, Others! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:42am On Jan 06, 2014
ghostofsparta:

In what Odu did Ifa recognize the Jew Jesus Christ whose existence are debated by certain whites. Ifa didn't recognize Buddha or Shinto both of whom even predated Jesus.

I don't have authority on what I say here and note that I am not saying am right or wrong about it.

A babalawo once told me about some Odu Ifa that speak about the details of other spirituality. Odu Otua tell somethings about Islam; verses on Christianity are found in Odu Oturupon just like we have Sango in Odu Okanran and Ifa basically is in Eji Ogbe.

I cant say specifically if those verses were added nor do I know details of the specific corpus. But I think Ifa cover many other spirituality.
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by MamiWata: 11:39am On Jan 06, 2014
ghostofsparta:
That's her wife, Iyanifa Ajisebo Wande Abimbola. She's speaks seven languages fluently. She currently teaches Portuguese and Spanish in the school. She is the mother of the little boy 'Iroko' in the first picture who is a reincarnate of Prof. Wande Abimbola's father.

Thanks for the info. I've no respect for this man.
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by macof(m): 12:21pm On Jan 06, 2014
FOLYKAZE:

I don't have authority on what I say here and note that I am not saying am right or wrong about it.

A babalawo once told me about some Odu Ifa that speak about the details of other spirituality. Odu Otua tell somethings about Islam; verses on Christianity are found in Odu Oturupon just like we have Sango in Odu Okanran and Ifa basically is in Eji Ogbe.

I cant say specifically if those verses were added nor do I know details of the specific corpus. But I think Ifa cover many other spirituality.

Yes I suspect some contents might be added over the years. that's very much possible
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:38pm On Jan 06, 2014
MamiWata:

Thanks for the info. I've no respect for this man.

True. He did a big mistake by that.
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:27pm On Jul 12, 2014
Admission! Admission!! Admission!!!
Admission form into IFA HERITAGE INSTITUTE
OYO NIGERIA is now available at the rate of
N5000 naira only.
Courses available are: Ifa Studies, African
Tradional Medicine Studies, English language,
Yoruba language, Spanish language, and
Performing arts.
Tuition fees : FREE!
Enquiries call: 08034846661
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by sisiafrika(f): 12:31am On Jul 27, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

True. He did a big mistake by that.
how is that a mistake? There are a lot of inter marriage as regards the Ifa learning, Yoruba vs Carribean, I have seen just 3 though. They seem happy.
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:57am On Jul 27, 2014
sisiafrika: how is that a mistake? There are a lot of inter marriage as regards the Ifa learning, Yoruba vs Carribean, I have seen just 3 though. They seem happy.

The pollution of ethnic blood is always a mistake. Especially when the person in question is a member of Traditional Priesthood and should set a proper example for others.
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by sisiafrika(f): 10:02am On Jul 27, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

The pollution of ethnic blood is always a mistake. Especially when the person in question is a member of Traditional Priesthood and should set a proper example for others.
isn't this rasict? She is an Ifa worshiper too, isn't that enough?
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:18am On Jul 27, 2014
sisiafrika: isn't this rasict? She is an Ifa worshiper too, isn't that enough?

Its not racist. We are not advocating racial discrimination.
JUst stick to your natural respective ethnic groups. Thats all.

No its not enough. You don't understand Paganism. Ifa Orisha is meant only for Yorubas and related groups (Fon, Ewe,etc.) who practice Vodun.

western whites lost their original religions.
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by sisiafrika(f): 10:21am On Jul 27, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

Its not racist. We are not advocating racial discrimination.
JUst stick to your natural respective ethnic groups. Thats all.

No its not enough. You don't understand Paganism. Ifa Orisha is meant only for Yorubas and related groups (Fon, Ewe,etc.) who practice Vodun.

western whites lost their original religions.
most are not really white. Latinos and carribeans, they have roots in Africa; they are just trying to reunite with their ancentral beliefs.
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:25am On Jul 27, 2014
sisiafrika: most are not really white. Latinos and carribeans, they have roots in Africa; they are just trying to reunite with their ancentral beliefs.

Let them do what they want. But that doesnt give them the right to interfere in Yoruba custom and modify it or assimilate with Yorubas.

They also have white and native american ancestry.

THis is the problem with intermarriage.
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by sisiafrika(f): 10:38am On Jul 27, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

Let them do what they want. But that doesnt give them the right to interfere in Yoruba custom and modify it or assimilate with Yorubas.

They also have white and native american ancestry.

THis is the problem with intermarriage.
welll, I have no problem with interacialsss. So far they don't divorce along the line. Saw one old woman marry a young Ifa priest..wonder hw dat will last. I wish them well though
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:39am On Jul 27, 2014
sisiafrika: welll, I have no problem with interacialsss. So far they don't divorce along the line. Saw one old woman marry a young Ifa priest..wonder hw dat will last. I wish them well though

undecided
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by Nobody: 2:32pm On May 02, 2015
This Proff is a genius.

1 Like

Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by lobe: 11:10am On Oct 05, 2017
PAGAN9JA:

Interesting. are you still "born-again" or whatever that is

Orikinla..... you are definitely one of the lost people who think that they are following the right path to heaven. To be frank, you have lost it by rejecting your ancestor's spirituality for the European's deception called religion.
You claim that Jesus Christ is the only way and that people should ask Ifa about Jesus Christ. Ifa does not know Jesus Christ of the European origin. Infact what you see in some Ifa stanzas as Jewesun cannot be said to be Jesus Christ. Have you read about the story of Osiris in the Kemetic spirituality (African spirituality)? This story or mythology has been in existence more than 10000 years before the bible was even written. Do you even realize that:
1. Osiris was born immaculately
2. Osiris died and resurrected on the 3rd day
3. Osiris ascended to heaven and is coming back to judge the world?

These are mythological stories copied by the Europeans and modified by the Arabs who eventually took the Diamond from you and gave you brass instead. Sad to see people being brainwashed by religion and disrespecting their own ancestors. There is no way you can disrespect your own ancestors and think that you can make progress as a people.

To be frank with you, there is no literal person called Adam, Eve, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Israel, Samson, Peter, Paul, James, Jesus, John, name them all. These never existed!!!! That's a fact! The 12 disciples you read in the Bible is nothing new. In the Kemetic spirituality where they stole the idea of the 12 disciples, you have the 12 Neteru. There is no problem borrowing concepts from other cultures but the problem your religions (Islam & Christianity) is that after stealing these concepts, they now make mythological stories and figures real story and real people, after which they demonize the source of their plagiarism. Think and repent!
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by lobe: 11:16am On Oct 05, 2017
Kaywhy1:
Let it clear to u dat, Jesus is d only saviour of d earth, remember John 14:6 ''and Jesus said i am the way, the truth and the life, no one can come to the father exept throug me'' accept Jesus as ur lord and saviour and u wil be save in dis earth and in heaven.

Oga, you just dey dere dey deceive yourself....

There is no literal figure name Jesus Christ or Yehshua. This was concocted by the Europeans religionist by stealing the Osiris story. Do your research very well and you will be disappointed that all the things you have been holding on to since you were born i.e. your religion of Christianity/Islam is not true. You have been duped!!!! Sorry bro.
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by lobe: 11:28am On Oct 05, 2017
Seempliehuman:
I think it is derogatory to call Ifa religion a 'PAGAN' religion.
I'm sure the christians who first used the term meant for it to be derogatory.
It is simply Ifa religion, originally belonging to the Yorubas but anyone who seeks its spiritual,moral and social enlightenment, upliftment and lessons is welcome to it.

You are very correct sir. Paganism was coined by the foolish slave masters who stole from our ancestors and then demonize the same thing they stole from. They even started slandering and writing false stories about our ancestors saying that IFA do make use of human sacrifice. Where do you find that? In which Odu is that coming from? Yet they write books claiming this false stories....

IFA is not a religion but contains religion. It is not science and technology, but contains them, it is not culture but contains culture, it is not language, but contains language, it is not mathematics but contains mathematics, it is not philosophy but contains philosophy, it is not medicine, but it contains medicine, it is not psychology, but contains psychology...... IFA is African Spirituality!
Re: Ifa Heritage University, Oyo & Prof. Wande Abimbola by MetaPhysical: 6:18pm On Dec 03, 2018
People ask me about this institute and when I direct them to its website they are often disappointed, not convinced that it is authentic and serious institution for learning. I just received another inquiry today from a couple in America that want to take Ifa studies together. I told them I will find out and get back to them. Before I share with them to go to Ifa Heritage Institue website, first I would like to know from anyone with knowledge of its current state and status. The more you can share the better. The website is ok for Nigerians and other Africans, but people with inquiries from abroad do not respond kindly to it. I know Ifa teaches simplicity...but they see this as negligence and not simplicity from an institute of learning. I believe if the website is a reflection of what the school is more needs to be done to turn it into an international academy.

Here is the site on web. http://ifaheritage.org/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Facebook Is Gradually Becoming Unsafe For Christians / I Prophesied About My Brother In The Army & It Came To Pass;Resigned Priest. PIC / It’s A Shame Politicians Are Proud Of Rigged Elections — Oyedepo

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.