Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

Thinking Of Getting A Bike? Some Info For You: (WARNING: VIVID IMAGES) - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Thinking Of Getting A Bike? Some Info For You: (WARNING: VIVID IMAGES) (1877 Views)

***The Art And Science Of Getting A Good Car From US Car Auction*** / Free Vin Check Website - Useful Info for Dealers, Middlemen & Brokers / Price Of A Fairly Used Power Bike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thinking Of Getting A Bike? Some Info For You: (WARNING: VIVID IMAGES) by fotodaddy: 10:30am On Jun 13, 2008
Check out this before you think any further. Riding is VERY serious business.

http://home1.gte.net/res0ak9f/bike.htm[b][/b]
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Bike? Some Info For You: (WARNING: VIVID IMAGES) by ololade34(f): 12:08pm On Jun 13, 2008
The images are horrific  embarassed, i felt physically sick and had to rush to the bathroom to throw up after viewing, i clicked thinking it was it was about advice for bikers and bikers wannabe, this is quite sad  cry cry
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Bike? Some Info For You: (WARNING: VIVID IMAGES) by fotodaddy: 1:08pm On Jun 13, 2008
ololade34:

The images are horrific embarassed, i felt physically sick and had to rush to the bathroom to throw up after viewing, i clicked thinking it was it was about advice for bikers and bikers wannabe, this is quite sad cry cry

I am sorry about your reaction. embarassed

But it is advice for bikers and biker wannabes. We need to be aware of the risks and dangers and then we can guard against them. I will put a warning so poeple will beware. cool
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Bike? Some Info For You: (WARNING: VIVID IMAGES) by krama(m): 1:13pm On Jun 13, 2008
Biking. . . never been my thing! sad
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Bike? Some Info For You: (WARNING: VIVID IMAGES) by fotodaddy: 3:15pm On Jun 17, 2008
Are you telling me there are no people interested in biking
grin grin grin
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Bike? Some Info For You: (WARNING: VIVID IMAGES) by olatunji71: 6:36pm On Jun 17, 2008
Saw those pics and they were quite horrific but then, once a biker, always a biker. Am one and
am talking from experience, there's no way you'll ride a bike without having to crash with it. The
fatality however depends on how well you handle your bike ride. Riders can attest to this!
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Bike? Some Info For You: (WARNING: VIVID IMAGES) by Gamine(f): 7:29pm On Jun 17, 2008
fotodaddy han han!!!
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Bike? Some Info For You: (WARNING: VIVID IMAGES) by fotodaddy: 12:47am On Jun 18, 2008
gamine, wetin I do na!!!
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Bike? Some Info For You: (WARNING: VIVID IMAGES) by NubianQ(f): 1:02am On Jun 18, 2008
Horrific! uggghhhhhh

no bikes for me!
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Bike? Some Info For You: (WARNING: VIVID IMAGES) by thegame(m): 2:08am On Jun 18, 2008
I am no more getting a bike. In JESUS' NAMe
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Bike? Some Info For You: (WARNING: VIVID IMAGES) by nkc(m): 2:25am On Jun 18, 2008
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Bike? Some Info For You: (WARNING: VIVID IMAGES) by Nobody: 7:39am On Jun 18, 2008
Very disturbing images.

Glad I'm not into bikes.
The way some weave in and out of traffic, cut in front of cars etc, it's like they're looking to get killed.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Bike? Some Info For You: (WARNING: VIVID IMAGES) by fotodaddy: 8:39am On Jun 18, 2008
Siena:

Very disturbing images.

Glad I'm not into bikes.
The way some weave in and out of traffic, cut in front of cars etc, it's like they're looking to get killed.

The more of the dangers you know, the better you are at guarding yourself against them.

As they say, no pain, no gain!!!

The feeling of oneness and control with the bike is more than you can imagine. They way you go on about your Audi, multiply that feeling by 1000, well thats what you'll get from a bike. wink wink grin
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Bike? Some Info For You: (WARNING: VIVID IMAGES) by EI(m): 9:13am On Jun 18, 2008
fotodaddy:

The more of the dangers you know, the better you are at guarding yourself against them.

As they say, no pain, no gain!!!

The feeling of oneness and control with the bike is more than you can imagine. They way you go on about your Audi, multiply that feeling by 1000, well thats what you'll get from a bike. wink wink grin

fotoD,

My reaction is not quite like that of Ololade, but for past 15-20mins mins I've been transfixed on the gory details (i.e. without the will, guts or interest to even peep into the movie clips!). My tea is quite cold now and I'm lucky I saw this many hours before hitting out at lunch.

God has been gracious to us all but as I've told you many times, abeg tune down on this hobby. Please!!!!

I think I am able to imagine the thrills and frills, but all it takes is a second. One second - 1sec! And you don't have to be right in decision making for an accident to happen, because many drivers around us are hazards in human forms  undecided   cry

God helps us all (i.e. both car and bike riders). Amen!
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Bike? Some Info For You: (WARNING: VIVID IMAGES) by fotodaddy: 9:39am On Jun 18, 2008
EI,

I really appreciate your concern, but the truth is that we have no control what so ever over our lives in God (you know what I mean). We need to trust him completely. When the time comes it comes!!! I agree that we can speed it up some, but nonetheless, its out of our hands. Moreso if you know Him.

I was watching Discovery the other day, Air Crash Investigations; A whole family of 7 was wiped out, on the ground, in their minivan, when a plane tried to land on the road. If someone had told them that they would die in a plane crash, them for say na lie!!! grin grin

What to do. Peope cross the street and die horrific deaths. He has assured us that even if 1000 are falling on one side and 10,000 on theotherside, your own position go dey gidigba!!! No shaking!!!

I know, I know, all things are lawfull but not all are beneficial. So when you go chop isiewu na the equivalent to my riding. Infact, I ride go work today and I do every opportunity I get, rain or no rain.

What can I say!! Its like trying to tell you about Christ when you are still in the world. You no go fit appreciate am. But once you enter, you go dey wonder why you don dey monkey since!!!
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Bike? Some Info For You: (WARNING: VIVID IMAGES) by proo212(m): 9:42am On Jun 18, 2008
I will suggest that if one wants to get a bike or learn to ride, do it when you are older. I learnt to ride 5 years ago and it's a great feeling on the open road. Yes there is no protection if you are hit by metal. (Metal and bones do not mix), you will always come out worse off.

If you learnt biking as an older person, you are 1 million times more careful. You cannot tell how other road users are going to behave. Thank God, so far so good, never had an accident. I only dropped it when i was parking it.

You are more aware of your mortality as an older rider.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Bike? Some Info For You: (WARNING: VIVID IMAGES) by Mustay(m): 9:54am On Jun 18, 2008
oh my lyricals! shocked

What d'you have to say about 'em okadas in Naija/

those ones don't even know nada about traffic regulations
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Bike? Some Info For You: (WARNING: VIVID IMAGES) by fotodaddy: 10:05am On Jun 18, 2008
proo212:

I will suggest that if one wants to get a bike or learn to ride, do it when you are older. I learnt to ride 5 years ago and it's a great feeling on the open road. Yes there is no protection if you are hit by metal. (Metal and bones do not mix), you will always come out worse off.

If you learnt biking as an older person, you are 1 million times more careful. You cannot tell how other road users are going to behave. Thank God, so far so good, never had an accident. I only dropped it when i was parking it.

You are more aware of your mortality as an older rider.

TRUE. And this translates to the fact that you dont take the kind of risks that the younger guys do! cool
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Bike? Some Info For You: (WARNING: VIVID IMAGES) by kuntash: 11:00am On Jun 18, 2008
I tell u as graphic as those pics, when u sit on any oka zooming at top speed, you are bound to 4get those scenarios, they will tell u say they went dat way cos they werent careful enough or one thing kini kon
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Bike? Some Info For You: (WARNING: VIVID IMAGES) by mi3(f): 6:30pm On Jun 28, 2008
yea oh, its so you know the risks, but me, ima bike eh!!! lol,

cuz reallllly, for the cycle of life to continue somepplz gats to die at some point, and errybody cannot die from "a brief illness" so yea, there are people that die from motorcycle related accidents, and ive known people who fall froma chair and die, so really, you could ride your whole life whthout wahala, just a matter of er, luck? but people gats to be careful sha, and not do obviously stupid things,

the images wer gross tho! arghhh
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Bike? Some Info For You: (WARNING: VIVID IMAGES) by dejicool: 5:11pm On Oct 06, 2008
If all u guys saying u dont wanna ride bikes anymore see horrific pictures of car accidents, bet u wont say u dont wanna drive cars anymore. It's a mind thing. If u are very conscious, u'll be fine, same goes for everything in life. Even people not driving cars or riding bikes are prone to fatal accidents on the road. Watever it is u wanna do or ride or drive, go for it and be careful.
Re: Thinking Of Getting A Bike? Some Info For You: (WARNING: VIVID IMAGES) by skillmyman(m): 4:13am On Oct 07, 2008
Geminda,

wats the Han Han for? are u a bike lover?
great Hijab but really, where on earth is paiko? cant seem to find it anywhere! LOL
enjoy!!

(1) (Reply)

2008 Toyota Camry Xle: I Talk Am As I See Am: My Swagger Swings / Sold Sold Sold 2007 Toyota Highlander Forsale(very Neat) / Either Rav4 Or Highlander For 600k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.