Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,678 members, 7,823,916 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat (30567 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU Strike... On Aljazeera (the Stream) Today By 16:00GMT/ 5pm Local Time / ASUU And ASUP Strike: How Have You Been Spending Your Time? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by mukina2: 1:02am On Aug 31, 2013
Nigeria’s Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has been on strike since July, bringing classes in 60 universities to a halt. This is just the latest round – the country’s public universities have missed three and a half years of academic sessions in the last 15 years.

[img]http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BS7iSt_IcAARWtv.jpg:large[/img]

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1280503_assu1_jpgf47a4e262f495d3959b7610230fc1ef7
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1280504_assu2_jpg4e4f6a16f0277d2d48871d82bd6e8790
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1280505_assu3_jpge1a605cb3f40ab03b46110a8b97e8dfb

http://stream.aljazeera.com/story/201308291806-0023017

1 Like

Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by mukina2: 1:16am On Aug 31, 2013
Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by mukina2: 1:22am On Aug 31, 2013
Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by mukina2: 1:32am On Aug 31, 2013
Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by mukina2: 1:35am On Aug 31, 2013
Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by mukina2: 1:42am On Aug 31, 2013
Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by mukina2: 1:46am On Aug 31, 2013
Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by Odunharry(m): 1:51am On Aug 31, 2013
Well done super mod

2 Likes

Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by Odunharry(m): 1:56am On Aug 31, 2013

1 Like

Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by cupid4ig(m): 1:57am On Aug 31, 2013
Na only God will save nigeria education system

1 Like

Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by Odunharry(m): 1:57am On Aug 31, 2013
grin oda students make strike affect make una go marry oo.
Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by michealade(m): 2:00am On Aug 31, 2013
See this atiku self dey talk
Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by Appliedmaths(m): 2:01am On Aug 31, 2013
Me I have one simple question to ask ooo, after all this public show of madness!. Would it lead to the speedy call off of the strike.? Still observing.

5 Likes

Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by Sunymoore(m): 2:04am On Aug 31, 2013
Hmm thou my itf is still going
Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by Kairoseki77: 2:08am On Aug 31, 2013
I kno some GEJ apologists will soon come to blame this FG failure, and international embarassment, on APC.

I would just like to point out that Atiku was a PDP Vice President and that the PDP is in charge of education. PDP and ASUU are in negotiations, no one else.

APC, and other opposition parties, have nothing to do with this madness. I hope paid NL posters will allow us to debate the issues instead of trying to change the subject. The FG should be held accountable for its failures.

Datz all!

4 Likes

Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by Roland17(m): 2:08am On Aug 31, 2013
It's very saddening and devastating, issues hindering the success of this nation lies secretly behind our bedridden educational/ vocational sectors...

Selfishness, greed, nepotism and the parasitic tendencies of our policy makers, school administrators including lecturers have continually ridiculed the future of bright Nigerian youths, prospects keep diminishing daily.

We can only wish......

1 Like

Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by Birniwa(m): 2:12am On Aug 31, 2013
That is Nigeria for you. Though, the lecturers and ASUU officials are not to be blamed. Probably they are doing this for the good of our tomorrow leaders.

We patiently wait until this longing strike is called off, in the mean time, business on point!!! grin
Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by Nobody: 2:15am On Aug 31, 2013
Atiku is trying too hard!

1 Like

Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by Nobody: 2:18am On Aug 31, 2013
This country no get shame for eye...the government should make a reform either by increasing school fees,nd making the school automous let thm run their affairs, generate funds from studnts,businesses runing inside the school campus to fund the system why government provide a means student can get accees to funds at least 60 % to fund their fees
Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by Jayloy: 2:45am On Aug 31, 2013
The situations has been like this because the students have been silent for too long. Imagine students and not ASUU this time rising to the occasion.I belive this figth should be fought to the end to prevent the future occurence of this. Prevate and Alumni funding is not an option because the mass wont be able to afford the so called tuition and for the alumni who have been on able to get a paid job as a result of the irresponsible governance to come and finance abi. Before Atiku should shut is stinking fu.king mouth, was he not the one that was one quoted that 'education is not meant for the poor'. Frypan calling kettle black. SMH

1 Like

Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by Jayloy: 2:45am On Aug 31, 2013
The situations has been like this because the students have been silent for too long. Imagine students and not ASUU this time rising to the occasion.I believe this fight should be fought to the end to prevent the future occurrence of this. Private and Alumni funding is not an option because the mass wont be able to afford the so called tuition and for the alumni who have been on able to get a paid job as a result of the irresponsible governance to come and finance abi. Before Atiku should shut is stinking fu.king mouth, was he not the one that was one quoted that 'education is not meant for the poor'. Fry pan calling kettle black. SMH

2 Likes

Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by NiceHans: 2:47am On Aug 31, 2013
Fp i made it
Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by vet707(m): 2:48am On Aug 31, 2013
GEJ is so insensitive. Nobody forced the FG to sign any agreement with ASUU. It's now to fulfill their side of the deal, but instead all we are hearing is another story. Our universities are dying, GEJ is happy! cry
Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by Nobody: 3:03am On Aug 31, 2013
grin
Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by alaladakosta(f): 3:10am On Aug 31, 2013
i dunno what to write cus the system is not working at all.private uni is not an option cus its way too expensive.the thing is we nigerians are soooo smart that nobody wants to die, we all believe tomao will be better. most times i imagine we are arabs.
Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by Nobody: 3:33am On Aug 31, 2013
The condition of things in Nigeria is very saddening/annoying. I don't even know what to say. We'll continue to hope for things to turn out good in the end. God help this nation.
Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by Nobody: 3:38am On Aug 31, 2013
funny but true,i spent 6 years for a four year course,Nigeria is a failed state,God bless me enough,i dont want my children to school here.....its only in Nigeria that a baby given birth to when you entered 100 level,would be planning to enter JSS1 before you graduate.....smh

1 Like

Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by donPhill(m): 3:40am On Aug 31, 2013
ati baba
Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by bbulldog(m): 3:46am On Aug 31, 2013
I hope this will go a long way..... But why?
Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by Tholudee(f): 3:53am On Aug 31, 2013
What is the meaning of all this now Will it bring an end to the strike embarassed o su mi o
Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by Richy4(m): 3:58am On Aug 31, 2013
Those in Authority (both Govt. and ASUU leaders)assuming their kids are studying in Nigeria... i wish i could complete what would have happened sad.
Re: Highlights From Aljazeera's ASUU Chat by Nobody: 4:05am On Aug 31, 2013
Atiku was all over the place! I hate seeing his tweet!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Four Students Celebrating The End Of WASSCE At Lagos Beach Drown / UNIZIK Sacks Peter Ekemezie For Forging His B.sc Certificate / Meet Makinde Kayode Michael, 14-Year-Old Pupil & His Results In WASSCE & UTME

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.