Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Don't Worry About Anything Part 1 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't Worry About Anything Part 1 (430 Views)

6 Signs That Show A Church Is Becoming Secular. Part 1 / Don't Worry About Anything Part 3 / Don't Worry About The Wicked Or Envy Those Who Do Wrong. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don't Worry About Anything Part 1 by charisville: 10:03am On Aug 31, 2013
Do not be anxious about anything. Instead, in every situation, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, tell your requests to God. Phillippians 4:6

Charis Ville Capsule

This was an instruction that was given by Paul to the believers in the Phillipi church. But, is it possible not to worry a bit? Worrying shows that you are responsible, to the world. You must worry about what to eat, what to wear, what to drive, about your children etc. But we are being admonished, not to worry about anything. The meaning of the word "anything" in the greek is "not even one (man, woman, thing)".

Our disposition and that of the world are not the same: we operate by the faith of Jesus; but the world operates by fear and worry. The reason why we can live without any worries, is because of the shalom of God.
Jesus said "My peace I leave you, my peace I give unto you. Let not your heart be troubled"(John 14:27). Not worrying is not the same as being idle; it means that we disengage from a natural source, to the supernatural kind.

Just like the disciples that toiled all night and caught no fish; and Jesus came to them, saying, "launch out into the deep with your nets". Peter first complained about the situation but, he later held unto Jesus' words and acted accordingly and their actions brought surprisingly great rewards(Luke 5:4-9). What has been causing you to have sleepless nights?
Don't worry about it; hold on to the Word of God and you'll see great results like you never imagined.

Prayer: Lord Jesus, I hold on to Your word. The peace of God is on my life and worry is far from me. Amen

Follow @charisville on twitter

Url: http:///17pROND

CVM Blackberry Pin: 26655112

Shalom,

Charis Ville Ministries.
Please Share.

(1) (Reply)

David Confessing The Lord As His Strength / Don't Worry About Anything Part 4 / Is 'god Of Chosen' Same With 'god Almighty'??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.