Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,637 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Why Are Some Churches So Competitive? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Some Churches So Competitive? (12462 Views)

Some Churches Carry-out Pregnancy Test Before Wedding: Why? / Anointing Oil Used By Some Churches: Wrong Or Right. / Why Are Nigerian Churches So Greedy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Some Churches So Competitive? by Nobody: 6:57am On Sep 01, 2013
My Aunty worships in one of the pentecostal churches and as i am typing this now, she is making frantic efforts to dismember herself from the church as soon as possible. I mean this church (name withheld) is so competitive in everything/occassion they may have.

If it's annual women conference which usually takes three days, they must put on three different fabrics (each for 1day) with special designs bearing the church name and which must not be repeated in the coming year.

The coming year will have it own out-fits freshly. As above, same happens to other occasions they may have and one begins to wonder why there's so much competition on out-fits etc in the church! Do they think everyone has money to carry himself/herself along with the out-fits trend? Even if one has it, wont it be better to channel the fund to other fruitful areas that need it most?

I just wish she leaves the church asap. Pls is it good cos one would definitely feel 'the poorest' if he/she cannot afford the current trend as others?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Churches So Competitive? by uboma(m): 7:24am On Sep 01, 2013
Churches, these days are business ventures with the sole aim of making money by all means. So what else should we expect from such churches? I'm not surprised...

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Churches So Competitive? by MMotimo: 7:36am On Sep 01, 2013
Pls is it good cos one would definitely feel 'the poorest' if he/she cannot afford the current trend as others?

That is a truly sad statement angry - never, ever be ashamed because you cannot/will not keep up with the Joneses. That should never define you
Hold your head high always and work on building your self esteem so that you are not belittled because you don't have what others have/pretend to have

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Churches So Competitive? by luluosas(m): 7:41am On Sep 01, 2013
It is so today my friend because, Christ is no longer the centre of attraction in today's Christianity Hebrews 12: 2 but FLESH Romans 8:8. May God deliver them in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Churches So Competitive? by robonski16: 7:44am On Sep 01, 2013
She should not be intimidated.. Be contended with what you have at all times.. Chin up,square your shoulders and remember your purpose is to serve God..
Re: Why Are Some Churches So Competitive? by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 01, 2013
MMotimo:

That is a truly sad statement angry - never, ever be ashamed because
you cannot/will not keep up with the Joneses. That should never define you. Hold your head high always and work on building your self esteem so that you are not belittled because you don't have what others have/pretend to have

Thanks for ur analysis which only have physical effect. Have u ever been to where they say, 'men strictly in black suit and white shirt' and u appear in such occasion without the described dress? am sure u'll only be pretending to be ok when ur psychology is aching u for appearing out of fashion. This thing is so true. Let's not pretend. That one of the reasons why is planning to decamp (if u permit me to use the word)

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Churches So Competitive? by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 01, 2013
uboma: Churches, these days are business ventures with the sole aim of making money by all means. So what else should we expect from such churches? I'm not surprised...

So true and i begin to wonder how come people dont have single fear for God again.
Re: Why Are Some Churches So Competitive? by tobechi74: 8:01am On Sep 01, 2013
Competition is one characteristics of leaving things.....
Resources is scarce and churches are bumerous
if that is their own advertising method,so be it

is she complainin because she cant afford it again

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Churches So Competitive? by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 01, 2013
luluosas: It is so today my friend because, Christ is no longer the centre of attraction in today's Christianity Hebrews 12: 2 but FLESH Romans 8:8. May God deliver them in Jesus name.

Amen my brother. Am just so surprised abt the entire thing cos these clothes have only one source of getting them and thus, they run the sales monopolistically. You cant walk into any other shops and have it at a cheaper rate cos they are special designs with the church name tagged on them. Whatever amount they put on it/them, so stands it! It's not fair!
Re: Why Are Some Churches So Competitive? by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 01, 2013
tobechi74: Competition is one characteristics of leaving things.....
Resources is scarce and churches are bumerous
if that is their own advertising method,so be it

is she complainin because she cant afford it again

Definitely she complains a lot and thus planning to vacate the church cos of this. At times, they make the purchase of these clothes 'must'. Is that how Christ did His evangelism?
Re: Why Are Some Churches So Competitive? by Nobody: 8:09am On Sep 01, 2013
robonski16: She should not be intimidated.. Be contended with what you have at all times.. Chin up,square your shoulders and remember
your purpose is to serve God..

Yeah! The primary purpose is to serve God but churches now push it beyond there!
Re: Why Are Some Churches So Competitive? by kentochi(m): 8:12am On Sep 01, 2013
Wow! Am suprise to see this, don't no that churches is now home for business of various kind.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Churches So Competitive? by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 01, 2013
MMotimo:

That is a truly sad statement angry - never, ever be ashamed because you cannot/will not keep up with the Joneses. That should never define you
Hold your head high always and work on building your self esteem so that you are not belittled because you don't have what others have/pretend to have

Joneses ...lol that's from Relative Income Hypothesis , One the few Consumption Theories, which sch did you study Economics As i'm also an Economics Major.
Re: Why Are Some Churches So Competitive? by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:25am On Sep 01, 2013
Competitiveness is a good strategy for booming business. Pastorpreneur is money making business, church is the business organisation
Re: Why Are Some Churches So Competitive? by Omexonomy: 9:54am On Sep 01, 2013
I will suggest she move away fast from that church such clothes are almays expensive to the low incom earners i once had such problem and it almost made me stop going to church very sad.
Re: Why Are Some Churches So Competitive? by FortresOfChrist(f): 11:04am On Sep 01, 2013
Competition among one another is a sign of being carnal and worldly, of lust of the flesh and of the eyes. God's children do no compare themselves with themselves but are contended with whatever they have. The LORD our fortress bless you with his word.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Churches So Competitive? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 11:10am On Sep 01, 2013
Nice topic @ Op.

The church reminds me of my former church, it is so sad to worry about what your gonna wear when going to church as you mates will be in designer clothes, high heels and a whole lot. Its like we go to church to show off and not to worship and praise the Lord together.

This should be on frontpage.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Churches So Competitive? by FortresOfChrist(f): 11:12am On Sep 01, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: Nice topic @ Op.

The church reminds me of my former church, it is so sad to worry about what your gonna wear when going to church as you mates will be in designer clothes, high heels and a whole lot. Its like we go to church to show off and not to worship and praise the Lord together.

This should be on frontpage.

LORD our fortress bless you gracely.
Re: Why Are Some Churches So Competitive? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 01, 2013
Nice topic @op.

Churches sorrounding us now are so competitive in dressings such that a common man begins to feel ashamed wearing his affordable clothes to the church. You go to church and you see clothes of all sorts and styles and you begin to wonder if it's truly a church or a fashion gathering. Honestly, church members have derailed Christ lifestyles in so many ways which clothing is one of them.

Now, the founder of the church brings out a particular clothes and demands everyone shld buy it and the price is sky-rocket. What does that entails? - Business!

I was in a church when the founder launched one of his authored books and was wondering as he made it 'a must' for everyone to buy at least, two copies. #In his voice, "even if you are an illiterate, you must buy this book. Buy it, go and dash it to people or hire someone to read and interpret it for you". I smh as i see pastors brainwashing followers. Why must an illiterate buy ur book when he cant make use of it?

Mod, abeg FP tinz dis sunday

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Churches So Competitive? by Afam4eva(m): 1:04pm On Sep 01, 2013
Hmmm
Re: Why Are Some Churches So Competitive? by ghettodreamz(m): 1:06pm On Sep 01, 2013
Simple!

Because they love competition, that's all.

gringringrin

------------///:/:///::::::::::::::

When worldliness has entered into church we called the body of Christ, what then do you expect?

Pastors/founders dresses fancifully and flamboyantly in designer clothes worth hundreds of thousands with designer shoes to complement it; so as to be able to rub shoulders with their other colleagues in the ministerial field. What then do you expect?

Different groups in the church choose different sets of clothes and uniform attires on different occasions, and those who couldn't afford such costly materials are being looked down upon - as the poor souls in the body of Christ. What then do you expects? Inferiority complex soon sets in, if the soul doesn't end up being frustrated, and leaves one church for another.

God will help us and revive us from pursuing the worldly things of this vain world where sin is rife in Jesus name, amen.

Shallom!

Happy New month 2 y'all!

Remain blessed.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Churches So Competitive? by Nwoka(m): 1:07pm On Sep 01, 2013
Because the pastors are competitive for offerings
Re: Why Are Some Churches So Competitive? by crystalballs: 1:10pm On Sep 01, 2013
Its civilisation.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Churches So Competitive? by alphaconde(m): 1:10pm On Sep 01, 2013
Why are people always scared of mentioning names.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Churches So Competitive? by joeey6(m): 1:14pm On Sep 01, 2013
Lol
Re: Why Are Some Churches So Competitive? by Slickest(m): 1:15pm On Sep 01, 2013
Are u a learner...churches now have a capitalist system whr their aim is to maximize profit,in doing dat, competition sets in... So don't act ignorant....na only God sabi who dey worship Am.....
Re: Why Are Some Churches So Competitive? by Frosti(m): 1:15pm On Sep 01, 2013
Most churches these days are just glorified business centers set up to dupe and defraud unwary and fear-stricken members of their congregation.

God is watching all of those prosperity pastors cruising around in jets and what-nots in 3D.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Churches So Competitive? by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:15pm On Sep 01, 2013
Nwoka: Because the pastors are competitive for offerings
so it means that clothes will bring rich people to the church and the offerings will be more?
Re: Why Are Some Churches So Competitive? by ebamma3: 1:17pm On Sep 01, 2013
.There is a two story building in my area, it houses about 4 churches, i tire for dis people oh, dem suppose to dey stamp open for business on their signboards

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Churches So Competitive? by Kslib(m): 1:21pm On Sep 01, 2013
Gosh,i cant believe i'm saying this,but its a sign of
END TIME!! Lol..
Churches these days are competative than our local league..
All izz well!
Re: Why Are Some Churches So Competitive? by MrAladin: 1:24pm On Sep 01, 2013
Cos It Is Now Becoming A Business Venture...

#Team Catholic Till I Kpeme.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Churches So Competitive? by Boll2010: 1:24pm On Sep 01, 2013
The comptetion makes some people stop goin to church cuz they wld feel inferior,when they open dia wardrobe they dnt wanna repeat d previous church outfit

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Christmas: Definition, Origin, Development and Significance / Your Word For Today - Bible Verses That Inspire The Atheist/Anti-Christian / Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.