Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,897 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:32 PM

Woman Commit Suicide Over Husband's Failure To Buy Her Ipad. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Commit Suicide Over Husband's Failure To Buy Her Ipad. (908 Views)

Jobless Husband Beats Pregnant Wife Over Failure To Remit Monthly Salary / Woman Stabs Teenager Over ‘husband-snatching’ Scandal In Ghana (photo) / Girl Commits Suicide Over Mother's Comments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Commit Suicide Over Husband's Failure To Buy Her Ipad. by sawg91(m): 3:01pm On Sep 01, 2013
Woman Commits Suicide Over Husband’s Failure To Buy Her iPad

A 41-year-old woman, Mrs Catherine Sefunmi Urouna, has allegedly committed suicide by drinking some poisonous substance in protest of her husband’s refusal to buy her an iPad device.

Her family of five was on Saturday morning thrown into mourning, even as the neighbours were shocked that a woman, who was happily married with children, could take such a nasty decision to take her own life over an iPad.

According to LEADERSHIP finding, the 41-year-old woman and mother of three, two boys and a girl, was a senior account officer at the Akure North local government council of Ondo State.

She was said to have threatened to kill herself a fortnight ago if her husband failed to get her an iPad; even as the husband had pleaded with her to be patient and asked her to use the Blackberry phone he bought for her until he could afford to buy her an iPad.

The police in Ondo State, however, said they were investigating the incident to ascertain the actual cause of her death
Re: Woman Commit Suicide Over Husband's Failure To Buy Her Ipad. by mazizitonene(m): 3:12pm On Sep 01, 2013
1,2,3 go...........
End tym tnz
Re: Woman Commit Suicide Over Husband's Failure To Buy Her Ipad. by aadetoyin(f): 3:29pm On Sep 01, 2013
Silly woman, am sure she didn't know she'll die from taking that poison.
Or maybe she has been offered an Ipad 4 in the world beyond.
Re: Woman Commit Suicide Over Husband's Failure To Buy Her Ipad. by Nobody: 3:33pm On Sep 01, 2013
A 41 year old woman with the brain of an 11 year old kid.smh.what is such a woman with the characteristics and iq of a child looking for in marriage.smh.the kinds of women that refer to themselves as mrs this days ehen.smh.moreover if her husband cant buy an ipad for her,cant she buy it herself.cant she work and earn salary so she will buy ipad.anyway now she has commited suicide she can use the ipad wherever she is.arindin :/ i just feel sorry for the kids.
Re: Woman Commit Suicide Over Husband's Failure To Buy Her Ipad. by caesaraba(m): 3:44pm On Sep 01, 2013
What nonsense! Cos of iPad? Un-f**king-believable!
Re: Woman Commit Suicide Over Husband's Failure To Buy Her Ipad. by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 01, 2013
Just because of ipad, you will kill yourself. Selfish act. undecided
Re: Woman Commit Suicide Over Husband's Failure To Buy Her Ipad. by AdeniyiA(m): 5:01pm On Sep 01, 2013
well she's going to 'orun aIPADi' (hell fire)
Re: Woman Commit Suicide Over Husband's Failure To Buy Her Ipad. by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 01, 2013
I don't believe this story!!someone could ve poisoned her.

1 Like

Re: Woman Commit Suicide Over Husband's Failure To Buy Her Ipad. by greatgod2012(f): 7:08pm On Sep 01, 2013
Can this story be true?
I doubt it.
Except she has mental/psychological disorder.
How can a sane person, especially a mother decide to kill herself and leave 3 children alone to suffer because her hubby refused to buy her an ipad.
The NPF better carry out their investigation/research work out very well and quickly too and keep us updated.
I may not say precisely, but something is definitely fishy.

1 Like

Re: Woman Commit Suicide Over Husband's Failure To Buy Her Ipad. by Annie2gud(f): 3:31pm On Sep 02, 2013
Oh gosh....she should have rather killed herself than commit suicide!!!on a serious note.....we women most times reason like tilapia fish.
Re: Woman Commit Suicide Over Husband's Failure To Buy Her Ipad. by Nobody: 5:18pm On Sep 02, 2013
E-detectives grin you should know that there's more to this story than meets the eye. I suspect she could have bought herself the ipad if the need for it was as a matter of death as it turned out to be. Go back to your idetective 101 textbook tongue

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Appropriate/best Age For Marriage / My Disappointment On A Crush / Whom Should I Marry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.