Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,154 members, 7,845,806 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Seven Decisions That Will Decide Your Future - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Seven Decisions That Will Decide Your Future (739 Views)

Top Seven Awesome Prophets And Their Lifestyle In The Bible / What Will It Talke For You To Decide Your God(s) Are Not Real? / Do You Pray For Your Future Spouse ( Wife/husband)? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Seven Decisions That Will Decide Your Future by bestads(m): 2:39am On Sep 02, 2013
You’ve heard the phrase, “Little hinges swing big doors.” Likewise, small keys open the largest of doors.

Those little hinges and small keys are the decisions you make!

Solomon, writing under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, pointed to one of those keys that can open up your life to great things:

Get wisdom, get understanding: forget it not; neither decline from the words of my mouth. Forsake her not, and she shall preserve thee: love her, and she shall keep thee. Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Exalt her, and she shall promote thee: she shall bring thee to honour, when thou dost embrace her. (Proverbs 4:5-cool

What is wisdom?

Differences
Wisdom gives the ability to see the difference in people, between wrong and right. Wisdom provides the ability to discern differences quickly. It helps you see what others cannot see.

And above all, wisdom gives you the ability to make good decisions!

But where do you get wisdom?

You get it from God.

Specifically, Isaiah 11 points to the Spirit of knowledge, and Ephesians 1:17 tells of the Spirit of wisdom. You get wisdom and knowledge from God, and He wants to pour wisdom out on you: “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him” (James 1:5).

So if wisdom is given liberally from God, and wisdom helps you make good decisions, what are those decisions that will decide your future?

I sat down with my friend Mike Murdock to tape a program for This Is Your Day. He offered seven critical decisions that can change everything for you, and I want to share them with you.

Decision #1: Build Your Faith
How do you build your faith?

Mike sometimes shocks people with statements like this: “God doesn’t react to your pain. He doesn’t react to your tears. He doesn’t even respond to your cancer or a heart attack. God doesn’t react to any problem in your life. He only reacts to your faith, and it is impossible to attract divine favor without using your faith!”

We are told, “But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him” (Hebrews 11:6).

How do you build that kind of faith?

Faith grows by what you hear.

Faith expands when you hear God talk. This is why the Word of God is so important in your life.

Listen to the Bible on your CD player or iPod. Read His Word aloud.

His Words contain strength: “And when he had spoken unto me, I was strengthened, and said, Let my lord speak; for thou hast strengthened me” (Daniel 10:19).

Make a decision to build your faith by hearing God’s Word. As your faith grows, you create your future!

Decision #2: Excel in Your Present Assignment
Everything and everyone was created to solve problems. That is your assignment.

One way you know what your assignment is: through what you love to do. What do you love to think about, to hear about, to be around?

Your assignment may change, but it is critical to do whatever you were created to do at this moment.

Abraham picked up and moved his entire clan to a foreign land simply because God told him to do so.

Joseph was eventually assigned to work for the pharaoh in order for his people to be saved from the famine.

Moses was assigned to help deliver the children of Israel out of Egypt.

Aaron was assigned to help his brother Moses.

Our Lord Jesus accepted the ultimate assignment:

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. (Philippians 2:5-11)
Excel in your present assignment, whatever it is.

And if you are corrected, as everyone is, invite that correction as a means of being a better problem-solver in your present assignment, for correction is one of the seeds of excellence.

If you want to create a successful future, excel in your present assignment, whatever it is!

Decision #3: Honor the Scriptural Chain of Authority
The divine purpose of authority is provision, protection, and promotion. Blessing doesn’t flow up—it flows down. It goes from Abraham to Isaac to Jacob.

This is why the Bible makes it very clear that we are to honor those in authority over us. The Ten Commandments bear that out. In fact, the fifth commandment is a promise of reward here on this earth if you will honor your parents.

One of the best decisions you will ever make comes down to who you choose to honor. It was the path to the throne for some of the people of the Bible that I have already mentioned.

What better example than Joseph? Honor was the road from prison to the Pharaoh’s palace.

Mike Murdock said, “I consider that one of the greatest life-changing revelations in my life came when I realized that when God wants to bless me, He often uses a person to give me instructions and grant me favor. Blessing comes through the chain of authority. There was only one person capable of promoting Joseph, and that was Pharaoh.”

Joseph didn’t rebel against Pharaoh. He acknowledged him as the leader of the country in which he was imprisoned. As a result, God used the young man mightily.

Honor, by the way, is more than just your attitude. It is more than just the way you posture yourself around others. It involves action.

You honor God with your life, not just words. If you want to honor Him, you obey. You tithe. You honor those in authority over you.

Then God gives favor because of your ongoing decision to honor the scriptural chain of authority.

Decision #4: Pursue an Uncommon Mentor
Blessing flows upon you when you make the choice to not only acknowledge and honor authority in your life, but also to seek out the people who can help you grow in wisdom.

Is there a shortcut to success? Yes! It is called mentoring.

Mentorship is the impartation of knowledge, information, and favor. It means learning through the experience of another person without being paid or waiting.

That’s why Elisha accepted the mentorship of Elijah, even though it meant years of washing the prophet’s hands and serving him before moving into the double portion.

In the New Testament, Timothy pursued Paul as his mentor.

Reach for someone who can train and teach you, especially in the midst of battle. Your success in the future will be dependent upon the voice in your life that you choose to pursue and honor!

Decision #5: Look for Divine Rewards in Every Battle
“Friends create your comfort,” Mike says, “but your enemies decide your rewards. You see, battle is the seed for territory, and without an enemy, you don’t have a future.”

David couldn’t get to the throne until there was a Goliath. And he wouldn’t have been successful in overcoming Goliath if there hadn’t been a bear and a lion preceding the giant.

There are divine rewards in every battle!

If you are facing your own Goliath, realize that he is a signpost that you are closer to your throne than you have ever been.

Don’t run from an enemy. Don’t panic.

There is a divine reward in the adversary as you choose to follow God into that battle!

Decision #6: Listen to God’s Voice
People often say, “God just never speaks to me.” I’ve found that God speaks often. In fact, the Bible makes it clear He rules His universe through conversation.

He made us for conversation: “Out of heaven he made thee to hear his voice, that he might instruct thee: and upon earth he shewed thee his great fire; and thou heardest his words out of the midst of the fire” (Deuteronomy 4:36).

Instructions are the seeds for success! In fact, the difference between success and failure is instructions.

And the difference in seasons is an instruction. The difference in where you are and where you want to be is listening to God’s voice.

Decision #7: Sow Seed with Expectation of a Specific Harvest
On This Is Your Day, Mike Murdock told this story:

“One time when I was in my thirties, I was driving around Tulsa with Dr. Oral Roberts. I asked him, ‘What is the greatest secret of your ministry?’ He said, ‘Sowing seeds into God’s work for a divine result, for a specific response.’ It changed my world when he explained to me that everything runs through the seed.”

That knowledge (and your decision to sow seed with an expectation of a specific harvest) can change your life, too!

Your Decisions Will Impact the Quality of Your Life
In Scripture, God says 331 times, “If you do this, this is what will happen!” The Bible is a book about decisions.

God rewards right decisions!

God expects us to honor our wonderful Lord by making the right kinds of decisions.

Do you need a miracle in your life? Do you want something better for yourself and your family?

Are you ready for an abundance of favor?

Your Specific Harvest
Make a decision to plant your seed toward a specific harvest.

On This Is Your Day, Mike Murdock was specifically led to ask for 300 viewers to sow a $1,000 seed now or during the next 60 to 90 days. I know God will pour out a special blessing upon you if you can make that kind of a commitment.

I ask that you prayerfully consider giving whatever God puts on your heart. Follow His leading, and I am confident that your giving will change your circumstances!

As you email, write, or call, plant that seed in faith, knowing what God promises: “Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days. Give a portion to seven, and also to eight; for thou knowest not what evil shall be upon the earth” (Ecclesiastes 11:1-2).

As you decide to sow seed, you guarantee that God’s blessings will come on your life, both today and tomorrow!

As you invest in the kingdom of God, the Word of God declares that He will watch over your needs, and surely He will never fail you.

Thank you, again, for all you are doing for His kingdom!

For the glorious cause of our precious Lord Jesus Christ,

(1) (Reply)

A / Our Emotions/actions Vindicate God of guilt -(to All Them Atheists And Sceptics) / Faith, Fate, And Fake In 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.