Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,258 members, 7,818,883 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

What Will It Talke For You To Decide Your God(s) Are Not Real? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Will It Talke For You To Decide Your God(s) Are Not Real? (983 Views)

Hell Fire Is NOT Real! Don't Be Deceived By Any Pastors: BIBLE PROOFS INSIDE. / Hell Fire, Adam And Eve Are Not Real, Just Fables - Pope Francis. / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will It Talke For You To Decide Your God(s) Are Not Real? by NoProphecy: 10:57pm On Mar 25, 2013
As an atheist, I get a constant stream of poorly thought out questions and irrational responses when I let it be known that I do not believe in any supernatural entities. Many will attempt to show me that their concept of god(s) is logical, rational, and even scientific. The more sophisticated of the theists will inevitably ask "What will it take for you to believe in (my) God?" I always give a clear description of what it will take. I am careful to make sure that my criteria is reasonable and consistent. When I ask the same person "What will it take for you to stop believing in your god(s)?" I get the irrational response of "NOTHING!" So much for logic, reason, and science. It seems as though they are afraid to even think about it. Is this courtesy of the questionable gift from Jesus (the concept of thought crime)?

Perhaps I have been speaking to the wrong people. I would like to ask all educated, thoughtful theists: What will it take for you to stop believing in your god(s)? Specifically, what things would you expect to see in the world if there were no god(s). What kinds of experiments could be done to change your mind? What scientific discoveries? This can go for your own favorite god(s) or just the general concept.

1 Like

Re: What Will It Talke For You To Decide Your God(s) Are Not Real? by italo: 8:13am On Mar 26, 2013
We are certain already. So nothing will make us decide God isnt real.

I think thats purely rational.

Its like asking you what it will take for you to believe you didnt open this thread.
Re: What Will It Talke For You To Decide Your God(s) Are Not Real? by benodic: 1:38pm On Mar 26, 2013
I will stop believing in the existence of God and the supernatural if the physical scientists are able to explain the following things to me.

1. How was i able to have past life recalls in which i remembered my past life and my relationship with my present relatives in the past which included knowing things about them which they have never told anyone.
2. How am i able to see things that will happen to me in the future and it happens the way i saw it.
3. How am i able to travel into the spiritual planes and met with those i know who have translated.
4. how was it possible to healed of an ailment that defied all medical and non medical treatment.

Let me stop here for now. I still have other questions though
Re: What Will It Talke For You To Decide Your God(s) Are Not Real? by NoProphecy: 12:26am On Mar 27, 2013
italo: We are certain already. So nothing will make us decide God isnt real.

I think thats purely rational.

Its like asking you what it will take for you to believe you didnt open this thread.

There is nothing rational nor humble about refusing to consider the fact that you might be wrong. It is not likely that I did not open this thread, but not impossible. I am aware of how fragile and malleable the human brain is. People are convinced all of the time of things that did not happen. In addition to this, mental illness is a tragic reality for many people. In both instances, the individual is 100% certain of their delusion.
Re: What Will It Talke For You To Decide Your God(s) Are Not Real? by NoProphecy: 12:29am On Mar 27, 2013
benodic:
I will stop believing in the existence of God and the supernatural if the physical scientists are able to explain the following things to me.

1. How was i able to have past life recalls in which i remembered my past life and my relationship with my present relatives in the past which included knowing things about them which they have never told anyone.
2. How am i able to see things that will happen to me in the future and it happens the way i saw it.
3. How am i able to travel into the spiritual planes and met with those i know who have translated.
4. how was it possible to healed of an ailment that defied all medical and non medical treatment.

#1. Schizophonic hallucinations: Confirmation bias.
#2. Confirmation bias.
#3. Schizophonic hallucinations.
#4. Regression to the mean, misdiagnosis, delayed response to treatment, remission, hypochondria.

When it can be proven that the events you describe happen anywhere outside of the head of the claimant, it will be possible to tell the crazy from the miraculous.
Re: What Will It Talke For You To Decide Your God(s) Are Not Real? by benodic: 3:45pm On Mar 27, 2013
@ NoProphecy

#2. Confirmation bias.
#4. Regression to the mean, misdiagnosis, delayed response to treatment, remission, hypochondria.

When it can be proven that the events you describe happen anywhere outside of the head of the claimant, it will be possible to tell the crazy from the miraculous.

wonderful answers grin grin grin grin

that is exactly the reason why i do not waste my time with you guys. enjoy your non-believe in God and leave us theists alone with our believes and so-called hallucinations. two parallel lines can not meet.
have a nice day and a wonderful life.
Re: What Will It Talke For You To Decide Your God(s) Are Not Real? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Mar 27, 2013
NoProphecy:

There is nothing rational nor humble about refusing to consider the fact that you might be wrong.
My friend, their is also nothing rational and humble in denying the fact that he is right.

1 Like

Re: What Will It Talke For You To Decide Your God(s) Are Not Real? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 27, 2013
NoProphecy:

#2. Confirmation bias.

Lol. Seriously, in relation to the questions he raised, this is crap.
Re: What Will It Talke For You To Decide Your God(s) Are Not Real? by NoProphecy: 11:32pm On Mar 28, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. Seriously, in relation to the questions he raised, this is crap.
These are all documented, testable ways that what is described can be achieved.
Re: What Will It Talke For You To Decide Your God(s) Are Not Real? by NoProphecy: 11:44pm On Mar 28, 2013
benodic: @ NoProphecy

wonderful answers grin grin grin grin

that is exactly the reason why i do not waste my time with you guys. enjoy your non-believe in God and leave us theists alone with our believes and so-called hallucinations. two parallel lines can not meet.
have a nice day and a wonderful life.

I would gladly leave you alone if you would stop beating nails into the heads of children that you are "100% sure" are "witches" or "possessed by demons"; stop trying to blow up your underpants on planes full of innocent people (because it is rational that your god wants you to do so); stop flying planes into buildings and killing thousands of innocent people; stop killing innocent people in an attempt to inflict your backwards, primitive, disgusting (sharia) "laws" on others; and stop trying to get modern governments to pass and enforce laws that are based on the scribblings of primitive people. If you were just rolling around on the floor having your hallucinations, I would not care.

1 Like

Re: What Will It Talke For You To Decide Your God(s) Are Not Real? by Nobody: 11:51pm On Mar 28, 2013
NoProphecy: As an atheist, I get a constant stream of poorly thought out questions and irrational responses when I let it be known that I do not believe in any supernatural entities. Many will attempt to show me that their concept of god(s) is logical, rational, and even scientific. The more sophisticated of the theists will inevitably ask "What will it take for you to believe in (my) God?" I always give a clear description of what it will take. I am careful to make sure that my criteria is reasonable and consistent. When I ask the same person "What will it take for you to stop believing in your god(s)?" I get the irrational response of "NOTHING!" So much for logic, reason, and science. It seems as though they are afraid to even think about it. Is this courtesy of the questionable gift from Jesus (the concept of thought crime)?

Perhaps I have been speaking to the wrong people. I would like to ask all educated, thoughtful theists: What will it take for you to stop believing in your god(s)? Specifically, what things would you expect to see in the world if there were no god(s). What kinds of experiments could be done to change your mind? What scientific discoveries? This can go for your own favorite god(s) or just the general concept.
IF YOU RUN BUTT NEKKID ALL COVERED IN GASOLINE INTO A BURNING BUILDING. THAT OUGHT TO DO IT FOR ME

2 Likes

Re: What Will It Talke For You To Decide Your God(s) Are Not Real? by NoProphecy: 12:02am On Mar 29, 2013
Reyginus: My friend, their is also nothing rational and humble in denying the fact that he is right.

Right about what? Right about knowing that he is right without evidence and refusing to allow any evidence to change his mind? The concept of falsifiability is an invaluable way of strengthening an argument and allowing our overall knowledge to advance. If you are intellectually honest and 100% certain that your belief is correct, you should be able to define conditions that will prove your belief to be wrong and show that these conditions does not exist. If you are just superstitious and afraid that some big, bad, god is gonna git you if you think the wrong thing, you will just shut your mind off and believe.
Re: What Will It Talke For You To Decide Your God(s) Are Not Real? by NoProphecy: 12:04am On Mar 29, 2013
obadiah777: IF YOU RUN BUTT NEKKID ALL COVERED IN GASOLINE INTO A BURNING BUILDING. THAT OUGHT TO DO IT FOR ME
OK. I just did that. So now you have been DE-converted.
Re: What Will It Talke For You To Decide Your God(s) Are Not Real? by Nobody: 12:12am On Mar 29, 2013
NoProphecy: OK. I just did that. So now you have been DE-converted.
IF YOU DID YOU WOULD BE AT THE PEARLY GATES NOW
Re: What Will It Talke For You To Decide Your God(s) Are Not Real? by dekung(m): 10:09am On Mar 29, 2013
For most christians it is unthinkable to believe their sky daddy doesn't really exist. It leaves them empty and without purse hence nothing will maake them change their mind on the God sIdea even with all damnig evidences staring them in the face. Its like believing you have a rich billionaire relative who cares for you but you cannot see him now. He is going to reveal himself sometimes in the unknown future but he ensures you are taken care of. He provides your parents with money to train you and take care of you, he sends his men to watch over you all the time. EIf you have believed this all .your life and someone tells you thaat relative does not exist would you believe? You would ask: who gives my parents money to send me to school, who gives them money to feed me, who ensured that this happened and that happened becaause you are full of hope that very soon you would live like a billionaire. No logical or superior argument would make you change you. It willeven be worse if you were told that the relative is actually your reall father and that the ones you know now are just surrogates. Nothing will maake you change your mind however the truth is that relative doesn't exist.
Re: What Will It Talke For You To Decide Your God(s) Are Not Real? by dorox(m): 10:54am On Mar 29, 2013
It is my firm belief that life is unique to the earth because God created it. So if there be an incontrovertible proof of extraterrestrial life whether it is in the form of direct alien encounter here on earth, or from space probes sent to other planets, or through intergalactic radio communication, my belief in God would be completely shattered.
Note that i do understand the argument put forward by those who believe that instances of life abounds in the universe due to its sheer size and the abundance of life forming material and time for evolutionary biology to start.

1 Like

Re: What Will It Talke For You To Decide Your God(s) Are Not Real? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Mar 29, 2013
NoProphecy:

#2. Confirmation bias.

All these u just explained, does it explain why we dream? Because I've dreamt about someone, & d person was experiencing exactly the same thing in my dream, while we were miles apart. That experience to me is more than physical, I believe in d spiritual nature of things. That is to say there is a higher being beyond our understanding. I believe in d existence of God.
Re: What Will It Talke For You To Decide Your God(s) Are Not Real? by NoProphecy: 5:45pm On Mar 29, 2013
dekung: For most christians it is unthinkable to believe their sky daddy doesn't really exist. It leaves them empty and without purse hence nothing will maake them change their mind on the God sIdea even with all damnig evidences staring them in the face. Its like believing you have a rich billionaire relative who cares for you but you cannot see him now. He is going to reveal himself sometimes in the unknown future but he ensures you are taken care of. He provides your parents with money to train you and take care of you, he sends his men to watch over you all the time. EIf you have believed this all .your life and someone tells you thaat relative does not exist would you believe? You would ask: who gives my parents money to send me to school, who gives them money to feed me, who ensured that this happened and that happened becaause you are full of hope that very soon you would live like a billionaire. No logical or superior argument would make you change you. It willeven be worse if you were told that the relative is actually your reall father and that the ones you know now are just surrogates. Nothing will maake you change your mind however the truth is that relative doesn't exist.

This makes sense.
Re: What Will It Talke For You To Decide Your God(s) Are Not Real? by NoProphecy: 5:47pm On Mar 29, 2013
dorox: It is my firm belief that life is unique to the earth because God created it. So if there be an incontrovertible proof of extraterrestrial life whether it is in the form of direct alien encounter here on earth, or from space probes sent to other planets, or through intergalactic radio communication, my belief in God would be completely shattered.
Note that i do understand the argument put forward by those who believe that instances of life abounds in the universe due to its sheer size and the abundance of life forming material and time for evolutionary biology to start.

This is the most honest reply on the entire thread. I have to admit, this is the first time I have ever seen a religious person attempt to answer this question.

Although it may shatter your belief in your conception of god, it would not disprove the existence of god(s). It sounds like your concept of a god puts you (this earth) at the center of the universe. For many centuries religious people shared this belief and thought that it meant having all of the planets and stars revolve around the earth. The concept that the earth was not the center of the universe was initially suppressed, but the religious evolved, accepted the heliocentric model and kept their religious beliefs. Could you do the same?
Re: What Will It Talke For You To Decide Your God(s) Are Not Real? by NoProphecy: 5:55pm On Mar 29, 2013
duba:

All these u just explained, does it explain why we dream? Because I've dreamt about someone, & d person was experiencing exactly the same thing in my dream, while we were miles apart. That experience to me is more than physical, I believe in d spiritual nature of things. That is to say there is a higher being beyond our understanding. I believe in d existence of God.

What I say also does not explain why people win the lotto. Someone just one $338M USD.

I only wish that all of these people with these amazing powers to fly to the future from their past life and share dreams could put it to some practical use: Fly to the future and document the discovery of a disease that kills thousands of people every year. Find ways to feed the starving. Win the freaking lotto! Do something other than see cousin Poochie in a dress in a dream then see her in that dress at church the next day or some other valueless coincidence.

3 Likes

Re: What Will It Talke For You To Decide Your God(s) Are Not Real? by dekung(m): 6:41pm On Mar 29, 2013
@NoProphecy, your last post got me laffing I let out some hot smelly fart however its honesty is indefaatigable. If you could peek into the future why not do something that will benefit humanity? Adeboye will give a full years prophecy and say 'there will be new discoveries this year' why can't he tell the world what to put together to give those new discoveries? I have said it several times that life works on probability. When you wake up in the morning and you go out you have a 50/50 chance of either dying before the day's end or return back to your bed, however what you do per time shifts that probability in either direction. Just like the man who just won $338m even tho the odds of winning is arrd 1:175m but then he won. No sky daddy runs anything. Prophets, if you could go on time travel use that knowledge for a meaningful purpose not to tell me that God will visit me very soon, but then you really are not seeing anything just a load of crap

1 Like

Re: What Will It Talke For You To Decide Your God(s) Are Not Real? by Delafruita(m): 7:07pm On Mar 29, 2013
benodic:

to be honest,you're either confused,delusional or on heroine
Re: What Will It Talke For You To Decide Your God(s) Are Not Real? by Olamyyde(m): 7:08pm On Mar 29, 2013
Actually nothing-if i'm still sane, it could happen if i were to be insane. Infinite intelligence(God) doesnt need to prove to me that he exists. Even if i didnt believe in God, that wouldn't change the fact that he exists. Infinite intelligence is illimitable and a superior being, explaining him to an atheist is a pure waste of time. It is like explaining the internet to an ant. It is for this reason that i have stopped arguing with atheists, i can't convince some of them, they have to search for God themselves.
Infinite intelligence isnt a sky daddy, time and space doesn't affect him.
As for those talking about dreaming of the future, there is 2 explainable reasons; telepathy or clairvoyance(most likely reason).
In clairvoyance, when the subconcious mind of man is either in an hypnotic, relaxed, ecstatic state or even under the influence of narcotics, it operates at a higher frequency and tunes in with infinte intelligence who reveals hidden things from him.
JESUS IS LORD
Re: What Will It Talke For You To Decide Your God(s) Are Not Real? by Delafruita(m): 7:13pm On Mar 29, 2013
Olamyyde: Actually nothing-if i'm still sane, it could happen if i were to be insane. Infinite intelligence(God) doesnt need to prove to me that he exists. Even if i didnt, that wouldn't change the fact that he exists. Infinite intelligence is illimitable and a superior being, explaining him to an atheist is a pure waste of time. It is like explaining the internet to an ant. It is for this reason that i have stopped arguing with atheists, i can't convince some of them, they have to search for God themselves.
Infinite intelligence isnt a sky daddy, time and space doesn't affect him.
As for those talking about dreaming of the future, there is 2 explainable reasons; telepathy or clairvoyance(most likely reason).
In clairvoyance, when the subconcious mind of man is either in an hypnotic, relaxed, ecstatic state or even under the influence of narcotics, it operates at a higher frequency and tunes in with infinte intelligence who reveals hidden things from him.
JESUS IS LORD
seriously?infinite intelligence?in so many ways your analogi is proven wrong by the bible

(1) (Reply)

Darlene Zschech,hillsong Worship Leader Has Been Diagnosed With Breast Cancer / Islam V Christianity: A Shocking History - By Ibraheem Dooba / Who Should Be Held Responsible For The Collapsed Synagogue Church Building?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.