Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

First Train To Ply Port-Harcourt Bashes A Car Parked On The Rails - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / First Train To Ply Port-Harcourt Bashes A Car Parked On The Rails (17865 Views)

Vehicle Parked Close To A Heap Of Rubbish Burnt Alongside It In Yenagoa (photo) / My Letter To The Mod On "A Car Parked On A Fence In Benin City". / A Car Parked On A Fence In Benin City (pictures). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Train To Ply Port-Harcourt Bashes A Car Parked On The Rails by Switup: 7:27am On Sep 02, 2013
In the early hours of yesterday morning.., in the busy region of elelenwon in port harcourt.., the first train to ply the rail way after so long a time bashed a car parked on d rails to shambles.

I find this rather annoying as am so sure there was little or no information passed as to when the trains would begin to ply the rail..!

Anyway.., there was no lost live
N/B: (am an eye witness to the victim not a reporter so I may not have said it so right)
Re: First Train To Ply Port-Harcourt Bashes A Car Parked On The Rails by ilaugh1: 7:44am On Sep 02, 2013
Foolish person parked a car on a rail line. Stuupid. I am sure OP you will begin to blame government for this.

23 Likes

Re: First Train To Ply Port-Harcourt Bashes A Car Parked On The Rails by eightsin(m): 7:50am On Sep 02, 2013
Since when did rail line turn to car park?

8 Likes

Re: First Train To Ply Port-Harcourt Bashes A Car Parked On The Rails by horlabiyi(m): 7:53am On Sep 02, 2013
Thank God person no die

4 Likes

Re: First Train To Ply Port-Harcourt Bashes A Car Parked On The Rails by Obinnau(m): 8:22am On Sep 02, 2013
Why should a person park a car on a rail track in the first place? Maybe the person thought train go stop for am.

5 Likes

Re: First Train To Ply Port-Harcourt Bashes A Car Parked On The Rails by sultaan(m): 8:47am On Sep 02, 2013
Because nothing has worked on that line in a long time grin

6 Likes

Re: First Train To Ply Port-Harcourt Bashes A Car Parked On The Rails by RINE1: 8:50am On Sep 02, 2013
Nigerians self.
**Hists and leaves thread**

1 Like

Re: First Train To Ply Port-Harcourt Bashes A Car Parked On The Rails by Lagusta(m): 10:46am On Sep 02, 2013
Eiyaaa, what a waste!!!!!!

please no one should mention any "end time things" here oooo

1 Like

Re: First Train To Ply Port-Harcourt Bashes A Car Parked On The Rails by Nobody: 11:23am On Sep 02, 2013
Swit up: I find this rather annoying as am so sure there was little or no information passed as to when the trains would begin to ply the rail..!

There doesn't have to be any warning as to when trains would begin using the lines. Only a móron would park an automobile on train tracks, so please, blame the idiót who chose to park his / her car there. He / she actually put people's lives at risk, the train could have derailed, with catastrophic results.

In a sane country, he / she would have been arrested, and if there was loss of life, would be facing manslaughter charges.

So I can't see why you'd be annoyed, your anger should be directed at the owner of the "parked" car!

21 Likes

Re: First Train To Ply Port-Harcourt Bashes A Car Parked On The Rails by Lagusta(m): 11:28am On Sep 02, 2013
Siena:

There doesn't have to be any warning as to when trains would begin using the lines. Only a móron would park an automobile on train tracks, so please, blame the idiót who chose to park his / her car there. He / she actually put people's lives at risk, the train could have derailed, with catastrophic results.

In a sane country, he / she would have been arrested, and if there was loss of life, would be facing manslaughter charges.

So I can't see why you'd be annoyed, your anger should be directed at the owner of the "parked" car!

When the boss talks, everyone does nothing, but MELLOW!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: First Train To Ply Port-Harcourt Bashes A Car Parked On The Rails by uboma(m): 11:41am On Sep 02, 2013
@ everyone, from the pictures above, the damaged vehicle seems to parked within a compound. So I want to ask the op, was the vehicle moved from the point of the accident?

1 Like

Re: First Train To Ply Port-Harcourt Bashes A Car Parked On The Rails by Nobody: 12:08pm On Sep 02, 2013
^^^ Yes, I believe the vehicle was moved, assuming it really did get struck by a train. No links to source.

I also have the disturbing feeling this car is going to be "repaired" to go back on the road, or sold to an unsuspecting buyer.
Re: First Train To Ply Port-Harcourt Bashes A Car Parked On The Rails by Switup: 4:20pm On Sep 02, 2013
Lagusta:

When the boss talks, everyone does nothing, but MELLOW!!!!!!
weLl am annoyed because trains havnt been in this town 4 so long probably 5years..! So I believe there should have been a warning+the victim in question who was tryin to avoid the road and parked at the rail was out for a short while...! I don't blame govt I don't blame d victim..! Fact is time and unforseen occurances befall us all..! (That's d reason I brought up the thread)

Btw.., your post was really well thought before posted onlike some others..!

1 Like

Re: First Train To Ply Port-Harcourt Bashes A Car Parked On The Rails by Switup: 4:23pm On Sep 02, 2013
Siena: ^^^ Yes, I believe the vehicle was moved, assuming it really did get struck by a train.

God bless you
Re: First Train To Ply Port-Harcourt Bashes A Car Parked On The Rails by Okijajuju1(m): 4:54pm On Sep 02, 2013
Swit up: In the early hours of yesterday morning.., in the busy region of elelenwon in port harcourt.., the first train to ply the rail way after so long a time bashed a car parked on d rails to shambles.

I find this rather annoying as am so sure there was little or no information passed as to when the trains would begin to ply the rail..!

N/B: (am an eye witness to the victim not a reporter so I may not have said it so right)

WTF!!!!

So rail line na ehn be the only place wey Motor see to park abi wetin?!

I suspect the owner of that car is an APC agent sent to spoil the Fresh Air that Jonathan has brought t our Railway systems.. angry

The owner should be arrested and made to pay for that Train.. angry

2 Likes

Re: First Train To Ply Port-Harcourt Bashes A Car Parked On The Rails by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 02, 2013
Choi! Toyota camry... I think say na bugatti sef...

1 Like

Re: First Train To Ply Port-Harcourt Bashes A Car Parked On The Rails by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 02, 2013
I thought dis may happen but thank God I prayed there will be no life lost.

1 Like

Re: First Train To Ply Port-Harcourt Bashes A Car Parked On The Rails by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 02, 2013
I love trains
Thank God no life was lost
Re: First Train To Ply Port-Harcourt Bashes A Car Parked On The Rails by Deiok(m): 4:57pm On Sep 02, 2013
So our train 4 naija don dey run 4 asphalt?

2 Likes

Re: First Train To Ply Port-Harcourt Bashes A Car Parked On The Rails by PStacks(m): 4:58pm On Sep 02, 2013
Wetin car dey find for rail track? Wetin?
Re: First Train To Ply Port-Harcourt Bashes A Car Parked On The Rails by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:00pm On Sep 02, 2013
Gen gen!
Bad news on 1st day!
Re: First Train To Ply Port-Harcourt Bashes A Car Parked On The Rails by cashkid18(m): 5:00pm On Sep 02, 2013
end tym tinzcry
Re: First Train To Ply Port-Harcourt Bashes A Car Parked On The Rails by stangely: 5:00pm On Sep 02, 2013
i live der, wen i was comin out, i didnt get any news of dat. r u sure its @ elelenwo cos de railway der, infact u cant see de rails again, i wonder how trains will pass thru dem.[quote][/quote]

1 Like

Re: First Train To Ply Port-Harcourt Bashes A Car Parked On The Rails by amiskurie(m): 5:00pm On Sep 02, 2013
e go pain me if the mr parker no dey there o
Re: First Train To Ply Port-Harcourt Bashes A Car Parked On The Rails by Bryancrox(m): 5:04pm On Sep 02, 2013
Car packed at owners risk.

1 Like

Re: First Train To Ply Port-Harcourt Bashes A Car Parked On The Rails by eagleeye2: 5:05pm On Sep 02, 2013
Lagusta:
"end time things"
Re: First Train To Ply Port-Harcourt Bashes A Car Parked On The Rails by bigx(m): 5:06pm On Sep 02, 2013
Why should a car park on the rail
Re: First Train To Ply Port-Harcourt Bashes A Car Parked On The Rails by sanandreas(m): 5:11pm On Sep 02, 2013
Is just 12 in the aftunun and u re flying!
Re: First Train To Ply Port-Harcourt Bashes A Car Parked On The Rails by AbuMikey(m): 5:13pm On Sep 02, 2013
Marthakings: Choi! Toyota camry... I think say na bugatti sef...
My Dear Marthakings,I used to be very bad mouthed,the earlier you stop these rubbish post trend,the better for you,cos if am to reciprocate the silly trend you following now,I sweari GAD,you won't like it

Its not a threat,just an Advice

angry

2 Likes

Re: First Train To Ply Port-Harcourt Bashes A Car Parked On The Rails by AkinDavid2: 5:13pm On Sep 02, 2013
Swit up: In the early hours of yesterday morning.., in the busy region of elelenwon in port harcourt.., the first train to ply the rail way after so long a time bashed a car parked on d rails to shambles.

Nonsense, the owner should have been sued long before now. I hope you are not thinking of taking any legal action grin grin

1 Like

Re: First Train To Ply Port-Harcourt Bashes A Car Parked On The Rails by chamberlin1(m): 5:14pm On Sep 02, 2013
:DChai, I'm trying not to say "signs of end time. How about signs of ember month? cheesy @topic,the car owner is wrong for having his car parked in the wrong place and at the wrong time, u can't give an excuse of getting a notice first. God deliver us all from being at the wrong place and time

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos Of The New Honda Breeze SUV / Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... / Types Of Car Good For Weeding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.