Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

Luth Interns (house Officers) Embark On Strike Today - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Luth Interns (house Officers) Embark On Strike Today (839 Views)

JOHESU To Embark On Nationwide Strike / Health Workers Begin Indefinite Strike Today / Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Luth Interns (house Officers) Embark On Strike Today by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 02, 2013
Just got to LUTH this morning to see a friend of mine on admission there. To my surprise I saw a group of doctors in their ward coats, carrying card boards and shouting no work no pay. I walked up to one of the interns and she told me they've not being paid for 3months now and nothing has been done about that. This is so pathetic, you find people working to save lives and government tend to breach the agreement they have with them. Why is our government so wicked? Why are they this cruel to their citizens. She went further to tell me about the deplorable and inconducive atmosphere/working environment, that they do most of the work ranging from setting line, checking patients blood sugar every house, monitoring dialysis patients, writing consultants summary, even clerical duties as photocopying and printing documents for senior regs and consultants. Pictures coming soon, I have a low battery now, but would upload pictures when I charge.
Re: Luth Interns (house Officers) Embark On Strike Today by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 02, 2013
Pics

Re: Luth Interns (house Officers) Embark On Strike Today by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 02, 2013
Pic2

Re: Luth Interns (house Officers) Embark On Strike Today by sassygal(f): 12:34pm On Sep 02, 2013
Luth interns are used as slaves! #forlackofabetterword it isn't fair at all. After slaving in medical school, a lot of medicos look forward to the first salary which is actually paid 3 months after you start work. To work for 7months without a dime is overdoing it!

Re: Luth Interns (house Officers) Embark On Strike Today by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 02, 2013
Well, I won't blame you for hiding my post cos you definately have no one in that hospital, if not you wouldn't act in such childish manner as to hide my post.
Re: Luth Interns (house Officers) Embark On Strike Today by Sissy3(f): 8:52pm On Sep 02, 2013

(1)

The Secret To Healthy Sperm? / Scientists Say They Are Closer To Reversing Death / Ebola Kills Another Nigerian Nurse- Nurse Picture Included

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.