Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,128 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:04 AM

Acknowledging God's Mercies - Winning Each Day Devotional - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Acknowledging God's Mercies - Winning Each Day Devotional (478 Views)

To Hell With God's Mercies!!!- Imoh David / Swimming Against The Current - Winning Each Day Devotional / Why You Must Hear From God - Winning Each Day Devotional (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Acknowledging God's Mercies - Winning Each Day Devotional by PstWoleSoetan(m): 1:41pm On Sep 02, 2013
WINNING EACH DAY DEVOTIONAL

2 Cor 2:14 And thanks be to God who ALWAYS causes us to triumph...

ACKNOWLEDGING GOD'S MERCIES

September 2, 2013

MEMORY VERSE: Eph 2:4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,

Realizing how much God loves us is an important discovery all believers must make. It comes with the understanding of the lengths God has gone and is still willing to go on our behalf. Many see God as “Lord”, the “dictator” but fail to also see Him as a loving Father who has gone to the greatest length possible to restore His children who had gone astray!

It is a lack of understanding of just how great God's love for us is that has caused many to continue in sin rather than turn to God. They believe they have lost God’s favour and love so they are not inclined to take the first step towards repentance and reconciliation. The fact is that we can never lose God’s love for His love for us is everlasting - it never end!

Jer 31:3 The LORD has appeared of old to me, saying: "Yes, I have loved you with an EVERLASTING LOVE; Therefore with LOVING KINDNESS I have drawn you.

If God loves us bountifully then we can say also that He is rich in mercy towards us! It is because of His love for us that we enjoy His mercies. There are certain religious sects who inflict pain and injuries on themselves when they sin claiming it is what God would require of them. How wrong they are! Why attempt to cheapen the suffering Jesus endured on the cross by engaging in such?

David understood how best to approach God. When he sinned, he came before God singing Psalms and acknowledging just how merciful God is (Psa 51). David was willing to do anything for God and his heart resonated at the same frequency as that of God! The reason he asked “who is man that You are mindful of him?” was because he knew how much God loved mankind! This is not to say that we are to continue to sin because He is merciful ( Rom 6:1). It is to say that you are not to allow the devil plague your heart with guilt thereby succeeding in keeping you in sin! God’s mercies are new every morning.
Acknowledge them!

Confession: I enjoy God’s mercies in all aspects of my life!

Prayer: Father I acknowledge your mercies in my life today, thank You for your love!

FURTHER READING: Eph 2:4-10, Psalm 145:9

(1) (Reply)

Do This In Remembrance Of Me Part 1 / Has Religion Lost Its Values In Nigeria? / Ram Sellers Decries Low Patronage In Jigawa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.