Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,820 members, 7,817,395 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

NnbhjkJHvvshjbv - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NnbhjkJHvvshjbv (792 Views)

My Nigeria: LET'S TALK NIGERIA WITH FELA DURO-TOYE / Let's Talk About Biodisc / Ifyalways - Let's Talk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NnbhjkJHvvshjbv by Nobody: 8:31pm On Sep 02, 2013
So this was the comment your co-mod banned me for making:

NL member::

I can't believe this guy ignored you like that.
Alexis, a muslim woman has to go to a sharia court to seek divorce, she cannot do it verbally the way her husband can do it (muslim men can divorce their wives simply by telling them 'I divorce you' three times in the space of a number of months.
Muslim women however, must seek divorce from a sharia court and give Islamically valid reasons for why they want a divorce.
That reason you gave, ie because her husbamd married another wife, is not an islamically valid reason and the sharia court will never grant a woman the right to divorce on the grounds that her husband is marrying or has married another woman.
Never.
Allah made it permissible for men to marry four wives so she cannot end a marriage because her husband is enjoying one of the benefits Allah has bestowed on men alone. No matter how heartbroken or rejected she feels, she must stay married to him and get the eff over herself.
Allahu alim

I just want to know what is wrong with the comment and how it warrants my getting a ban.
Re: NnbhjkJHvvshjbv by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 03, 2013
-----------------------------
Re: NnbhjkJHvvshjbv by deols(f): 1:44pm On Sep 04, 2013

I just want to know what is wrong with the comment and how it warrants my getting a ban.

I could point out something but I may not accurately tell what he had in mind. He is in the best position to explain why he banned you.

I can however assume that it has to do with you making claims that you don't know about especially when Muslims had said otherwise on the same thread.

Your statement-
she cannot end a marriage because her husband is enjoying one of the benefits Allah has bestowed on men alone. No matter how heartbroken or rejected she feels, she must stay married to him and get the eff over herself
is not only wrong but also disrespectful.
Re: NnbhjkJHvvshjbv by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 04, 2013
deols:
I could point out something but I may not accurately tell what he had in mind. He is in the best position to explain why he banned you.
I can however assume that it has to do with you making claims that you don't know about especially when Muslims had said otherwise on the same thread.
But Muslims didn't say otherwise on the thread....

Your statement-
is not only wrong but also disrespectful.
How is it wrong and disrespectful?? ??
Re: NnbhjkJHvvshjbv by deols(f): 3:09pm On Sep 04, 2013
Muslims did say otherwise. Check it again.

No matter how heartbroken or rejected she feels, she must stay married to him and get the eff over herself

d red is disrespectful and the bold, wrong.
Re: NnbhjkJHvvshjbv by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 04, 2013
deols: Muslims did say otherwise. Check it again.

I checked, they really didn't say otherwise. What eninn said was that a woman could seek divorce if she had an agreement with her husband before the marriage to be his only wife.
That is the only condition where it is allowed to seek a divorce because of polygamy.
If they didn't have a pre-nup then she can't divorce him for marrying another wife.
What I said was correct.

d red is disrespectful and the bold, wrong.

Are you kidding me grin? My intention for using 'eff' and not 'f***k' was because i didn't want to offend you guys!!!
If my intention was to be disrespectful I would have written 'fork' or 'fukc' or f*ck' and so on and so forth.
Alright, I didn't mean to offend anyone sha. That's why oga mac should have warned me before banning me. If he had told me it was offensive I wouldn't have used that word and there would be no need to ban.
He didn't say anything.
Re: NnbhjkJHvvshjbv by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 04, 2013
deols:
the bold, wrong.

How is it wrong?
Re: NnbhjkJHvvshjbv by deols(f): 3:55pm On Sep 04, 2013
NL member:

I checked, they really didn't say otherwise. What eninn said was that a woman could seek divorce if she had an agreement with her husband before the marriage to be his only wife.
That is the only condition where it is allowed to seek a divorce because of polygamy.
If they didn't have a pre-nup then she can't divorce him for marrying another wife.
What I said was correct.

Are you kidding me grin? My intention for using 'eff' and not 'f***k' was because i didn't want to offend you guys!!!
If my intention was to be disrespectful I would have written 'fork' or 'fukc' or f*ck' and so on and so forth.
Alright, I didn't mean to offend anyone sha. That's why oga mac should have warned me before banning me. If he had told me it was offensive I wouldn't have used that word and there would be no need to ban.
He didn't say anything.

can u post d link to the thread where u had d discussion?

I thought it was on d singles thread.

#mybad.
Re: NnbhjkJHvvshjbv by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 04, 2013
deols:
can u post d link to the thread where u had d discussion?
https://www.nairaland.com/941166/womens-rights/1#17779700

The Women's right thread. That particular post has been hidden but you can see it quoted in the link above.

I thought it was on d singles thread.
#mybad.
No its not the singles thread although I have gone through that thread as well and I made some very amusing observations about you.
Re: NnbhjkJHvvshjbv by deols(f): 11:08pm On Sep 05, 2013
will check it nd get back to you in sha Allah
Re: NnbhjkJHvvshjbv by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 06, 2013
deols: will check it nd get back to you in sha Allah

Thanks but you really don't have to provide any feedback on the matter because I'm no longer upset about getting unfairly banned and I have lost interest in the whole thing.
Forget about it.

But you folks over at Islam for muslims really should do something about the utter lack of critical thinking and nuanced discussion in your section. The Christian section gets its fair share of people posting idiocy and trolling, but if you attempt to critically examine Christian ideas, they'll discuss them with you rather than banning you from the section as a default.
'Islam for Muslims' feels like an autocracy where unapproved ideas are censored and that doesn't tell well of you Muslims and your religion.

(1) (Reply)

Behold: Winners At Nigerian Broadcasters Merit Awards 2013 / 28 POWERFUL QUESTIONS FOR A HAPPY LIFE / 7 Habits That Turns People Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.