Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,464 members, 7,843,423 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Article:ASUU+fed Govt Saga(a Change)a Letter From Badiru Kehinde To The Fed Govt - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Article:ASUU+fed Govt Saga(a Change)a Letter From Badiru Kehinde To The Fed Govt (497 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU And ASUP Strike: How Have You Been Spending Your Time? / Is The Fed Poly Ado H.n.d List Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Article:ASUU+fed Govt Saga(a Change)a Letter From Badiru Kehinde To The Fed Govt by Badirukehinde(m): 8:09am On Sep 03, 2013
Article Topic:ASUU + FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SAGA (A change is needed) A Letter from Badiru Kehinde to the Federal govt. & the ministry of Education

It is very tragic that there is a downtool in the higher educational system of Nigeria due to the federal government's inability to fulfill the 2009 agreement it had with the Academic staff union of universities(ASUU).The union embarked on a nationwide strike on July 2nd due to the federal government's defiance to honour the agreement it entered with the union in 2009.

Lecturers and teachers unarguably are supposed to be honoured negating the
controversial statement that goes thus;'The reward of teachers are in heaven".It is so absurd that the intellectual icons,that is,the academics who necessitate the continuity of the chain of knowledge earn lesser when compared to the mere sit tight patriotic rebels who call themselves senators who earn over #106,000,000 as emolument every month,not to mention but a few,the other allowances attached.Education is supposed to be given much priority but here in this nation called Nigeria,it is not spoken well of.I wonder if it is all about 2015 elections as every electoral candidate are printing and pasting posters all over the places handbills,as well as causing fractions and factions in the assembly while the
educaional system is in a detriment.The federal government is sleeping,the ministry of education is playing dice while the educational system is in a detriment.The federal government is sleeping,the ministry of education is busy playing dice while university undergraduates are at home redundant with our ladies turning into sex hawkers all over the street just as a means of livelyhood and the guys indulging in all sorts of illicit acts.
Based on research findings,I found out that in Poland,there is free education from primary to the doctorate level,however,in Nigeria,it is not.Studets pay their fees with their parents hard earned money and some others with their own personal profits,but still yet,they cannot get value for what they are paying for.It is a thing of shame,a big one indeed when a four years university course spans up to a period of seven to eight years due to a 'culture' called ASUU strike.Hovever,after NYSC,fresh graduates strole about the streets,sleeping for days at the gate of
industries all in the name of getting a
job,some companies still require four years to eight years experience in their advert for job qualification and specification.Just this one question I ask you the employer;'where do you want them to get the experience from? Is it from their primary or secondary education'.Nigeria is so blessed with resources that even our animals are supposed to wear gold Rolex necklaces but here we find a family of seven being dealt with by hunger,but it is tagged 'fasting'.We find the children of the
federal government officals studying
abroad,exporting the people's taxes
through capital flight while our own
universities are being locked up for months due to strike action.The federal government cannot pay the Union's debt but they can sponsor their summer trip abroad...A tragedy indeed this is.

To this end,as George Bernard Shaw said thus;"Progress is impossible without
change and those who cannot change their
minds cannot change anything...This one
statement the federal government must
reflect upon before the nation's educational system finally gets submerged in a mire of utmost extinction.We cannot sit down and watch things go wrong,a
change is needed,we want a better
education.

'A Letter from Badiru Kehinde to the federal government and the Ministry of Education.

Ff Badiru Kehinde on Twitter@Keji_banks
E-mail Badirukehinde@gmail.com
Facebook:Badiru Kehinde
WhatsApp:08135359053

Do visit my blog to view my other articles:
www.badirukehindewrites.
and www.badirukehindeinspires..com
Written:2nd Sept,2013
Nairaland Admin pls do help me post this article on the Front Home Page and I'll be glad...Thank You.
Re: Article:ASUU+fed Govt Saga(a Change)a Letter From Badiru Kehinde To The Fed Govt by Badirukehinde(m): 11:52am On Nov 29, 2013
Moderator Post on first page please & let our educational system be liberated

(1) (Reply)

Unizik Direct Entry, Pre-science, Postgraduate Forms Now On Sale For 2013/2014 / 53 Reasons Why Nigeria Is Not There Yet By Igbinoba .o. Tony / British American Tobacco Nigeria Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.