Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,242 members, 7,818,827 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

E - Grace Convention 2013:Heresy Spotted!!! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / E - Grace Convention 2013:Heresy Spotted!!! (1996 Views)

114 Babies Delivered As RCCG Convention Ends (Photo) / E-Grace Convention 20-14 / Pastor John Hagee - Cornerstone Church Ministry, Heresy, Divorce & Dirty Deeds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: E - Grace Convention 2013:Heresy Spotted!!! by Ubenedictus(m): 9:33pm On Sep 03, 2013
bizmahn: @Op. God reward your diligence at exposing such cunningly hidden frauds.Imagine insinuating that because he has lust & immoral mental attitude therefore its a must everybody has the same.
--
It has always been clear to me that the manner of GRACE declared in that place will hide a SUBTLE LICENCE TO SIN.I've discerned these men from afar off a long time ago.Yet they are bold to open their mouth wide to crucify pastors & sects who are far better than them.Their heresies are even worse than TITHES & OFFERINGS they condemn.
--
SUBTLE summary of their type of Grace is GO ON AN SIN BECAUSE MEN ALL HAVE SINFUL NATURE & CHRIST BLOOD ALREADY WASHED ALL FUTURE SINS COMMITED neglecting the fact that christs death also destroys the nature,tendency & propensity to sin if we pray through to it no matter how long.

this isn't some subtle heresy, this is the grounds on which the protestant reformation was built built on, the doctrine of faith alone, absolute grace(once saved always saved) and penal substitution go hand in hand. Luther once adviced his disciple to sin and sin strongly because inasmuch as they have faith God can't condem them for their sins. Calvin and co developed that teaching.
That teaching isn't subtle and it isn't new, it is as old as protestanism and the very basis of reformed theology
Re: E - Grace Convention 2013:Heresy Spotted!!! by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 03, 2013
striktlymi:

Let me get this straight. You came to justify an obvious FALSE TEACHING because you are one of the organizers??

The ish with the prodigal son is only applicable to one who has forfeited all his bad deeds and made a decision to do right going forward.

If one claims to be born again but still continues in sin, the individual is no better than the next man who aint born again.

Any one who claims to be born again but continues in sin without repenting, does wrong and that wrong will ALWAYS be viewed as sinful in the eyes of God.
A born again person that sin is a back slider.
Re: E - Grace Convention 2013:Heresy Spotted!!! by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 03, 2013
bizmahn: @Op. God reward your diligence at exposing such cunningly hidden frauds.Imagine insinuating that because he has lust & immoral mental attitude therefore its a must everybody has the same.
--
It has always been clear to me that the manner of GRACE declared in that place will hide a SUBTLE LICENCE TO SIN.I've discerned these men from afar off a long time ago.Yet they are bold to open their mouth wide to crucify pastors & sects who are far better than them.Their heresies are even worse than TITHES & OFFERINGS they condemn.
--
SUBTLE summary of their type of Grace is GO ON AN SIN BECAUSE MEN ALL HAVE SINFUL NATURE & CHRIST BLOOD ALREADY WASHED ALL FUTURE SINS COMMITED neglecting the fact that christs death also destroys the nature,tendency & propensity to sin if we pray through to it no matter how long.

These people turning the grace of God into lasciviousness should be avoided. Men who have no grace at all preaching about grace.
Re: E - Grace Convention 2013:Heresy Spotted!!! by bizmahn: 2:24am On Sep 04, 2013
Ubenedictus: this isn't some subtle heresy, this is the grounds on which the protestant reformation was built built on, the doctrine of faith alone, absolute grace(once saved always saved) and penal substitution go hand in hand. Luther once adviced his disciple to sin and sin strongly because inasmuch as they have faith God can't condem them for their sins. Calvin and co developed that teaching.
That teaching isn't subtle and it isn't new, it is as old as protestanism and the very basis of reformed theology
All in a bid to paint the catholic church white & the protestants and pentecostals black.I wish u had a purer motive.It's even a greater fallacy to also insinuate that all protestants agree with Once Saved Always Saved (OSAS)aka eternal security dogma.You know thats crude blatant lie.Regarding Luther urging people to sin...where did you get that?
--
Pentecostals don't follow luther,they follow the BIBLE & the apostles.The apostes are the true pioneers of christianity & not the catholic church.The apostles by the holy ghost pioneered pentecostalism.They didn't poineer the catholic church filled with mary idolization & other unbiblical & unapostolic dogmas.

1 Like

Re: E - Grace Convention 2013:Heresy Spotted!!! by bizmahn: 2:25am On Sep 04, 2013
Mee234:
These people turning the grace of God into lasciviousness should be avoided. Men who have no grace at all preaching about grace.
100 likes
Re: E - Grace Convention 2013:Heresy Spotted!!! by Ubenedictus(m): 8:01am On Sep 04, 2013
bizmahn:
All in a bid to paint the catholic church white & the protestants and pentecostals black.I wish u had a purer motive.It's even a greater fallacy to also insinuate that all protestants agree with Once Saved Always Saved (OSAS)aka eternal security dogma.You know thats crude blatant lie.Regarding Luther urging people to sin...where did you get that?
it is a pity that you feel this way, but all i wrote above is true, once saved always saved is the doctrine of the reformers calvin and co, if you know anything about calvin and the reformation you would not have tried to argue.
--
Pentecostals don't follow luther,they follow the BIBLE & the apostles.The apostes are the true pioneers of christianity & not the catholic church.The apostles by the holy ghost pioneered pentecostalism.They didn't poineer the catholic church filled with mary idolization & other unbiblical & unapostolic dogmas.
protestants can repeat this till they are blue in the face but the fact remains that the last of the apostles died around 100 AD and the reformation started in the 16th century bringing forth doctrrines that were totally unheard of in the first 1500yrs of christianity. Catholics have a stronger claim to the apostles, doctrines like OSAS reminds me of what scripture says 'in the latter days some will abandon the faith and follow decieving spirits'1tim4:1. So for 1500yrs of christianity the holyspirit didnt teach OSAS but invented that doctrine in the time of calvin abi?
Go back and take a long look at the doctrines protestanism was founded on, then you can tell me how apostolic they are.

1 Like

Re: E - Grace Convention 2013:Heresy Spotted!!! by bizmahn: 8:08am On Sep 04, 2013
Ubenedictus: it is a pity that you feel this way, but all i wrote above is true, once saved always saved is the doctrine of the reformers calvin and co, if you know anything about calvin and the reformation you would not have tried to argue.
--
protestants can repeat this till they are blue in the face but the fact remains that the last of the apostles died around 100 AD and the reformation started in the 16th century bringing forth doctrrines that were totally unheard of in the first 1500yrs of christianity. Catholics have a stronger claim to the apostles, doctrines like OSAS reminds me of what scripture says 'in the latter days some will abandon the faith and follow decieving spirits'1tim4:1. So for 1500yrs of christianity the holyspirit didnt teach OSAS but invented that doctrine in the time of calvin abi?
Go back and take a long look at the doctrines protestanism was founded on, then you can tell me how apostolic they are.
--
bizmahn:
--
Pentecostals don't follow LUTHER OR CALVIN,they follow the BIBLE & the apostles.The apostes are the true pioneers of christianity & not the catholic church.The apostles by the holy ghost pioneered pentecostalism.They didn't poineer the catholic church filled with mary idolization & other unbiblical & unapostolic dogmas.
Re: E - Grace Convention 2013:Heresy Spotted!!! by Ubenedictus(m): 8:09am On Sep 04, 2013
bizmahn:
NB: i never insinuated that all protestants belive in OSAS, the only doctrine i know all protestants agree on is 'Jesus is lord'. But my points are very clear OSAS is a basic doctrine in reformed theology and OSAS isnt new or subtle it is as old as the reformation.

1 Like

Re: E - Grace Convention 2013:Heresy Spotted!!! by Ubenedictus(m): 8:32am On Sep 04, 2013
you asked when did luther advise his disciple to sin strongly, i decided to present the where luther says you can commit muder and fornication inasmuch as you trust the lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world. OSAS is just the development of sola fide.
I f y o u a r e a p r e a c h e r o f me r c y , d o n o t p r e a c h a n i ma g i n a r y b u t t h e t r u e me r c y . I f t h e me r c y i s t r u e , y o u mu s t t h e r e f o r e b e a r t h e t r u e , n o t a n i ma g i n a r y s i n . G o d d o e s n o t s a v e t h o s e wh o a r e o n l y i ma g i n a r y s i n n e r s . B e a s i n n e r , a n d l e t y o u r s i n s b e s t r o n g , b u t l e t y o u r t r u s t i n C h r i s t b e s t r o n g e r , a n d r e j o i c e i n C h r i s t wh o i s t h e v i c t o r o v e r s i n , d e a t h , a n d t h e wo r l d . We wi l l c omm i t s i n s wh i l e we a r e h e r e , f o r t h i s l i f e i s n o t a p l a c e wh e r e j u s t i c e r e s i d e s . We , h owe v e r , s a y s P e t e r ( 2 . P e t e r 3 : 1 3 ) a r e l o o k i n g f o rwa r d t o a n ew h e a v e n a n d a n ew e a r t h wh e r e j u s t i c e wi l l r e i g n . I t s u f f i c e s t h a t t h r o u g h G o d ' s g l o r y we h a v e r e c o g n i z e d t h e L amb wh o t a k e s awa y t h e s i n o f t h e wo r l d . N o s i n c a n s e p a r a t e u s f r om H i m , e v e n i f we we r e t o k i l l o r c omm i t a d u l t e r y t h o u s a n d s o f t i me s e a c h d a y . D o y o u t h i n k s u c h a n e x a l t e d L amb p a i d me r e l y a sma l l p r i c e wi t h a me a g e r s a c r i f i c e f o r o u r s i n s ? P r a y h a r d f o r y o u a r e q u i t e a s i n n e r .

Decide for yourself.

1 Like

Re: E - Grace Convention 2013:Heresy Spotted!!! by bizmahn: 9:47am On Sep 04, 2013
Ubenedictus: you asked when did luther advise his disciple to sin strongly, i decided to present the where luther says you can commit muder and fornication inasmuch as you trust the lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world. OSAS is just the development of sola fide.
I f y o u a r e a p r e a c h e r o f me r c y , d o n o t p r e a c h a n i ma g i n a r y b u t t h e t r u e me r c y . I f t h e me r c y i s t r u e , y o u mu s t t h e r e f o r e b e a r t h e t r u e , n o t a n i ma g i n a r y s i n . G o d d o e s n o t s a v e t h o s e wh o a r e o n l y i ma g i n a r y s i n n e r s . B e a s i n n e r , a n d l e t y o u r s i n s b e s t r o n g , b u t l e t y o u r t r u s t i n C h r i s t b e s t r o n g e r , a n d r e j o i c e i n C h r i s t wh o i s t h e v i c t o r o v e r s i n , d e a t h , a n d t h e wo r l d . We wi l l c omm i t s i n s wh i l e we a r e h e r e , f o r t h i s l i f e i s n o t a p l a c e wh e r e j u s t i c e r e s i d e s . We , h owe v e r , s a y s P e t e r ( 2 . P e t e r 3 : 1 3 ) a r e l o o k i n g f o rwa r d t o a n ew h e a v e n a n d a n ew e a r t h wh e r e j u s t i c e wi l l r e i g n . I t s u f f i c e s t h a t t h r o u g h G o d ' s g l o r y we h a v e r e c o g n i z e d t h e L amb wh o t a k e s awa y t h e s i n o f t h e wo r l d . N o s i n c a n s e p a r a t e u s f r om H i m , e v e n i f we we r e t o k i l l o r c omm i t a d u l t e r y t h o u s a n d s o f t i me s e a c h d a y . D o y o u t h i n k s u c h a n e x a l t e d L amb p a i d me r e l y a sma l l p r i c e wi t h a me a g e r s a c r i f i c e f o r o u r s i n s ? P r a y h a r d f o r y o u a r e q u i t e a s i n n e r .

Decide for yourself.
--
bizmahn:
Pentecostals don't follow LUTHER OR CALVIN,they follow the BIBLE & the apostles.The apostes are the true pioneers of christianity & not the catholic church.The apostles by the holy ghost pioneered pentecostalism.They didn't poineer the catholic church filled with mary idolization & other unbiblical & unapostolic dogmas.
--
Besides your hazardly pasted article has no source.
Re: E - Grace Convention 2013:Heresy Spotted!!! by Syncan(m): 9:52am On Sep 04, 2013
bizmahn:

"If you are a preacher of mercy, do not preach an imaginary but the true mercy. If the mercy is true, you must therefore bear the true, not an imaginary sin. God does not save those who are only imaginary sinners. Be a sinner, and let your sins be strong, but let your trust in Christ be stronger, and rejoice in Christ who is the victor over sin, death, and the world. We will commit sins while we are here, for this life is not a place where justice resides. We, however, says Peter (2. Peter 3:13) are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth where justice will reign. It suffices that through God’s glory we have recognized the Lamb who takes away the sin of the world. No sin can separate us from Him, even if we were to kill or commit adultery thousands of times each day. Do you think such an exalted Lamb paid merely a small price with a meager sacrifice for our sins? Pray hard for you are quite a sinner".

A Letter From Luther to Melanchthon Letter no. 99, 1 August 1521, From the Wartburg (Segment) Translated by Erika Bullmann Flores from: _Dr. Martin Luther’s Saemmtliche Schriften_ Dr, Johannes Georg Walch, Ed. (St. Louis: Concordia Publishing House, N.D.), Vol. 15,cols. 2585-2590.

1 Like

Re: E - Grace Convention 2013:Heresy Spotted!!! by Nobody: 10:40am On Sep 04, 2013
This thread don turn to catholics and protestant bashing thread.Hehehehe.

The name protestant should be scraped off,who are we protesting against? angry
Re: E - Grace Convention 2013:Heresy Spotted!!! by Syncan(m): 11:01am On Sep 04, 2013
Bidam: This thread don turn to catholics and protestant bashing thread.Hehehehe.

Oga sorry, no vex, you are just one of my "separated brethren".

1 Like

Re: E - Grace Convention 2013:Heresy Spotted!!! by Adaeze003(f): 11:05am On Sep 04, 2013
I believe in grace but that up there is pure heresy! People confuse themselves with this 'born again' motto. Maybe after that one alter call you can now go around sinning and God won't count it as sin. Encouraging 'christians' to live in sin forgetting what it really means to be a Christian. SMH for all these false teachers and their followers.

1 Like

Re: E - Grace Convention 2013:Heresy Spotted!!! by Ubenedictus(m): 1:59pm On Sep 04, 2013
bizmahn:
--

--
i believe syncan has refined the article and pasted the source. your claim that protestant don't follow luther is laughable, his doctrine of sola scriptura and sola fide remain the bedrock of mainline protestanism. a protestant university prof and pastor once said, if sola fide is wrong then he would be in rome doing penance, ofcourse he was simply repeating luthers claim that the catholic church rise or falls on sola fide.

oh, don't worry i'll conceed that point, you don't follow luther, you only follow his teachings.
peace

1 Like

Re: E - Grace Convention 2013:Heresy Spotted!!! by Ubenedictus(m): 2:13pm On Sep 04, 2013
Bidam: This thread don turn to catholics and protestant bashing thread.Hehehehe.

sorry if that seem to be the case, my aim was to show that the teaching alledged to christemmbassy isn't exactly new or weird but a part and parcel of the protestant package.

i would also prefer the protestant adjective because the reformers gloried in the title. protesting the catholic church was their aim hence they loved to be called protestants, although i'll prefer to address you guys as separated brethren but for the sake of this discussion i'll maintain the older title.

1 Like

Re: E - Grace Convention 2013:Heresy Spotted!!! by christemmbassey(m): 10:20pm On Jul 23, 2014
Still on planet earth for almost one year and i did NOT see this? OMG!
Re: E - Grace Convention 2013:Heresy Spotted!!! by Ubenedictus(m): 6:18pm On Jul 25, 2014
christemmbassey: Still on planet earth for almost one year and i did see this? OMG!

why am i here?
Re: E - Grace Convention 2013:Heresy Spotted!!! by christemmbassey(m): 7:28pm On Jul 25, 2014
Ubenedictus:

why am i here?
chairman of the panel! How far? Ure blessed sire!
Re: E - Grace Convention 2013:Heresy Spotted!!! by Ubenedictus(m): 11:17am On Jul 27, 2014
christemmbassey: chairman of the panel! How far? Ure blessed sire!
amen, since when did i become chairman of the panel?

Besides i thought the nairaland tsunami affected you, it is nice to see you around.
Re: E - Grace Convention 2013:Heresy Spotted!!! by christemmbassey(m): 2:30pm On Jul 27, 2014
Ubenedictus: amen, since when did i become chairman of the panel?

Besides i thought the nairaland tsunami affected you, it is nice to see you around.
i dey o, just a bit busy n i'd decided nt to b involved in unedifying posts. Looking forward to ur presentation @2014 E-Grace convention. Remain blessed Sire!
Re: E - Grace Convention 2013:Heresy Spotted!!! by Ubenedictus(m): 3:06pm On Jul 27, 2014
christemmbassey: i dey o, just a bit busy n i'd decided nt to b involved in unedifying posts. Looking forward to ur presentation @2014 E-Grace convention. Remain blessed Sire!
i just saw the thread about the e-grace convention, i don't think i'll be presenting, it seem they are nominating the speaker and presenter, i just finished the first page, i am not there. I'll be following the convention but i doubt you'll be seeing a post from me.
Re: E - Grace Convention 2013:Heresy Spotted!!! by christemmbassey(m): 3:32pm On Jul 27, 2014
Ubenedictus: i just saw the thread about the e-grace convention, i don't think i'll be presenting, it seem they are nominating the speaker and presenter, i just finished the first page, i am not there. I'll be following the convention but i doubt you'll be seeing a post from me.
no sir, this year's convention is open unless u want to excuse urself thereby denying us the privilage of being blessed by from d mother church's perspective, dat will nt b ok o
Re: E - Grace Convention 2013:Heresy Spotted!!! by Ubenedictus(m): 4:05pm On Jul 27, 2014
christemmbassey: no sir, this year's convention is open unless u want to excuse urself thereby denying us the privilage of being blessed by from d mother church's perspective, dat will nt b ok o
now i have the feeling you are making fun of me.

The conventions is open? Pls explain, the last one was also open, but the tone is usually set on a particular topic by the speakers, comments and questions were allow. The same format i believe will be followed this year, speaker will be nominated and they will set the tone for the discussions.

Besides i doubt you really want to hear what i have to say.
Re: E - Grace Convention 2013:Heresy Spotted!!! by christemmbassey(m): 4:22pm On Jul 27, 2014
Ubenedictus: now i have the feeling you are making fun of me.

The conventions is open? Pls explain, the last one was also open, but the tone is usually set on a particular topic by the speakers, comments and questions were allow. The same format i believe will be followed this year, speaker will be nominated and they will set the tone for the discussions.

Besides i doubt you really want to hear what i have to say.
dear brother i really want to hear you o, i've np had d privilage to being blessed from dat end for a very long time, na so so angelus every time. U even sugested a btful topic @pre-convention thread. I'l like to hear u on these! Bless u.
Re: E - Grace Convention 2013:Heresy Spotted!!! by Ubenedictus(m): 11:42am On Jul 28, 2014
christemmbassey: dear brother i really want to hear you o, i've np had d privilage to being blessed from dat end for a very long time, na so so angelus every time. U even sugested a btful topic @pre-convention thread. I'l like to hear u on these! Bless u.
lol @angelus everytime.

Seriously, which one be the angelus every time? I hardly say the angelus on nl.

Besides, i don't really know when the convention will start, i don't know yet if i'll be chanced to write up something and deliver.

But my outlook on theology is a bit different from yours, i believe all the subjects are related, and it is pretty hard to separate them.

Anyway, if you really want to have that discussion, all you need to do is open a topic and mention my username and i'll be glad to join and offer my two cent.

OR you could bring the topic you wish to discuss here and we will begin from here.

I am not so hard to pin down, start the ball rolling and i'll be glad to joiin you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Angels On Guard? Pastor Chris Protected By Bulletproof Wearing Body Guards / What Makes The Letter "J" Very Special !!! / Another Proof That The New Testament Is Not The Word Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.