Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,944 members, 7,828,313 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

How Are You Coping With Catarrh In This Weather? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Are You Coping With Catarrh In This Weather? (626 Views)

Coping With Mental Illness In Nigeria: A Beautiful Writer's Experience / How Are You Coping With The Current Heat Wave? / Coping With Pregnancy & Fibroids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Are You Coping With Catarrh In This Weather? by maclatunji: 11:46am On Sep 03, 2013
Hello,

Let me admit that I am not a person that enjoys the windy and relatively "cold" weather in Lagos that has prevailed for most of 2013 thus far. I think I have been battling catarrh continually for 2 months now. I keep identifying channels of air current to block them at home and in the office. It takes very little exposure to get my catarrh up and running and my sneezes rank high in the Sneeze-o-meter. grin

Questions

1. Are you in the same position as moi?

2. How do you cope?

3. Do you have advice for people like me?

4. Do you think it is a great idea for people like me to advocate release of more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere so that we can have a warmer climate that is suitable for our good health? tongue

5. Do you think doctors should declare people like me "Sneezematic" so that we can have a cogent reason to resist jobs that can induce catarrh like sweeping, construction, mining etc. tongue tongue tongue

I would love to have your thoughts on these.

Thank you. tongue tongue tongue
Re: How Are You Coping With Catarrh In This Weather? by mruknaijaboy2(m): 12:05pm On Sep 03, 2013
End time things bro
Re: How Are You Coping With Catarrh In This Weather? by ona2: 12:09pm On Sep 03, 2013
mruknaijaboy2: End time things bro
LOL!
Re: How Are You Coping With Catarrh In This Weather? by firestar(f): 12:16pm On Sep 03, 2013
Hmm.

-Ginger (with honey)
-Vinegar (with warm water)
-Garlic
-Lemon (with honey)
-Brewed zobo with orishirisi grin

Whatever combo I can lay my hands onto first...
then I'm invincible(so far, it's working until there's a stubborn strain--then I let the experts take care of me smiley)
Re: How Are You Coping With Catarrh In This Weather? by maclatunji: 1:06pm On Sep 03, 2013
firestar: Hmm.

-Ginger (with honey)
-Vinegar (with warm water)
-Garlic
-Lemon (with honey)
-Brewed zobo with orishirisi grin

Whatever combo I can lay my hands onto first...
then I'm invincible(so far, it's working until there's a stubborn strain--then I let the experts take care of me smiley)

OK.

I use Robb for mild ones. Although, there seems to be too many fake ones in the market.

I have drugs that I take but won't mention for ethical reasons (No, I am not related to the health sector outside of being a patient).

I know Vitamin C helps too but it doesn't prevent catarrh and its cousins.
Re: How Are You Coping With Catarrh In This Weather? by nenergy(m): 7:12am On Sep 04, 2013
It's not easy o, mine has been on for 2months + now. Procold tried, but the problem is the whirlwind-like AC at work (i be bush man), and you dear not touch it or else....i use robb, take lozenges and drink lipton with honey or lime.
Re: How Are You Coping With Catarrh In This Weather? by 175(m): 8:53am On Sep 04, 2013
Same with me. But mine is persistent. Weda in season or out of season. Pls I need help here.

https://www.nairaland.com/1416549/nlder-persistent-acute-catarrh
Re: How Are You Coping With Catarrh In This Weather? by maclatunji: 11:17am On Sep 04, 2013
175: Same with me. But mine is persistent. Weda in season or out of season. Pls I need help here.

https://www.nairaland.com/1416549/nlder-persistent-acute-catarrh

I read your thread, please see a doctor.

(1) (Reply)

Graviola Juice And Pawpaw The Best Cure For Cancer Patients / Step By Step Bed Bug Treatment Guide By Chogon Facilities Services Ltd / Strange But True: Getting Pregnant When You're Already Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.