Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,004 members, 7,838,516 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

One Woman's Quest To Share Christ With A Muslim - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / One Woman's Quest To Share Christ With A Muslim (19697 Views)

Who Replaced "CHRIST" With "X" / Let's Not Cultivate That Habit Of Replacing Christ With X / Christians Worship Zeus As Their Christ With All Their Heart, Soul And Strength (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Woman's Quest To Share Christ With A Muslim by Slipknot(m): 6:43pm On Sep 04, 2013
Waooh! What a story! I read all way from work. Thanks
Re: One Woman's Quest To Share Christ With A Muslim by BraveGuy: 6:52pm On Sep 04, 2013
RoyPCain: i couldnt read the too long story posts. but you dont have to leave the west to meet fake muslim arabs. they are plentiful in the west, pork eaters, alcohol drinkers, boy or girl chasers, other illegal things doers.

the boys may be persuaded more easily if you the females working hard for Jesus have your legs up quicker than they can say hello. at least you will not be spending so much money to do the work of holy spirit the father of your human God.

at least you are better than those who go to the poor and force them to convert that man is worthy of worship before you give them foods while your forefathers used to use that same gimmick on them if they want education and advancement.

Better than bombing innocent people to bits!
Re: One Woman's Quest To Share Christ With A Muslim by BraveGuy: 6:55pm On Sep 04, 2013
Ajibam: The Gift
The three of us hung out for about an hour longer. Mable even asked me to share the vampire story with Shady. I felt like it wasn’t the right time, though, and suggested that she share it with him the next day. I learned later that she did.

As we were talking, my phone rang. It was Jon. I hadn’t realized how much time had passed—it was already 11:30 at night. It was time for me to say good-bye.

I had brought gifts for Mable but had wanted her to open them without Shady around. That didn’t seem possible anymore, so I handed her the gifts and whispered, “Wait until I call you from the car, and then you can open them.”

We hugged good-bye. She said she loved me, would miss me tons and their family would plan to come visit me in California someday.

As her chauffeur was driving me away in her car, I called her. I told her to open the bigger gift first. It was a New Testament in both Arabic and English. I encouraged her to read it so that she could learn more about Jesus.

She said thank you and that she would most definitely read it.

Then, I asked her to open the smaller gift. It was a silver ring with four rubies in it. I told her that I had no clue if this ring was going to fit her, but it had a special meaning.
“There are four rubies on this ring. From now on, I want you to remember that you are a mom of four children, not a mom of one. Three of your children are in the loving arms of God. One has been entrusted into your loving arms to care for until, I pray, one day we are all united with Jesus in heaven.”

Mable was quiet for a moment. Then she said, “Thank you, Holly. This means so much to me. I love you so much.”

With tears in my eyes, I told her that we’d keep in contact and that I loved her too.

The clock struck midnight near the end of the phone call. I sat alone in the backseat of her car, and I couldn’t help but believe that God wasn’t finished with Professor Mohammad. He didn’t bring me to the other side of the world to experience such a crazy situation and not have Him impact her life. Tears started to stream down my face. Thankful for the darkness of the car, I turned on my iPod to listen to worship music the rest of the way home. As I thought about the last few days, I was humbled to grasp that the Lord chose to use me with this person, in this country, for such a time as this

http://www.charismamag.com/life/women/18545-one-woman-s-quest-to-share-christ-with-a-muslim

Thanks for sharing this, Ajibam; I took time to read it through. Quite intriguing and engaging.

Wow! This is a story of someone sold-out to Christ. Why? The risks she undertook, but more importantly, trusting in the guidance of the Holy Spirit. I pray that all the seeds you sowed will come to fruition in Jesus' Name. God Bless You.

N.B
I wouldn't take the alcohol though, I would give it a miss at the dinner.
Re: One Woman's Quest To Share Christ With A Muslim by donigspain(m): 7:00pm On Sep 04, 2013
I never believed I could finish this story even when, at certain point, it seemed the story had drifted off its original plot (judging by the title) yet I still persevered(lol, one of the three highpoints from the girl's presentation) to the end.
I am happy to say that I've been richly blessed by this story. Thank you OP for sharing.

1 Like

Re: One Woman's Quest To Share Christ With A Muslim by Adesam01(m): 7:18pm On Sep 04, 2013
So touching and encouraging...

#TeamEvangelismAllTheWay!
Re: One Woman's Quest To Share Christ With A Muslim by ddude: 7:23pm On Sep 04, 2013
Christians and propaganda-whoever wrote this fiction forgot to even reconcile some facts-call to prayer 3.30? You guys are so desperate

2 Likes

Re: One Woman's Quest To Share Christ With A Muslim by rabzy01: 8:11pm On Sep 04, 2013
HOLY MARY wife of Joseph, mother of gods!! Mission impossible. shocked shocked
Re: One Woman's Quest To Share Christ With A Muslim by thorpido(m): 8:12pm On Sep 04, 2013
munex007: I read every word!..This is fiction..The Morning call to prayer is around 4:30 am to 5:00am(i.e d first call)and not 3:30 am as you claimed

And the miscarriage part..In reality she will seek immediate medical attention and not going back to the class due to the loss of blood

The prophet part..The difference between a Jew,christain and muslim..The jews don't believe in Jesus(A.S),they believe in Moses(A.S)..The Christains don't believe in Muhammed(S.A.W),they believe in Jesus(A.S)..The Muslims believe in Moses(A.S),Jesus(A.S) and Muhammed (S.A.W)..They believe in their message,miracles and principles..

Biblical Prophecy on the Advent of Muhammed(S.A.W)

John 14:15-16
"If you love me,keep my commandments.And I will pray the Father and he Shall give you another COMFORTER that he may abide with you forever"

John 16:26-27
"But when the comforter is come,whom I will send unto you from the Father,even the SPIRIT OF TRUTH,which proceedeth from the Father,he shall TESTIFY of me:And ye also shall bear withness,because ye have been with me from the begining"

The 'Person' whom Jesus(A.S) prophesied will come after him is called in the Bible 'Parqaleeta' This word was deleted by later interpreters and translators and changed at times to 'spirit of truth'and at other times 'Comforter'.The Original word in Greek and its meaning is 'One whom people praise exceedingly'..which Means 'Muhammad' (In Arabic)

When Muhammed(S.A.W) came he truly Testify and attest about Jesus(A.S)...

Islam is beyond what you see on TV,Newspaper..Don't judge Islam because of an action of an Individual,group or sect..Islam is perfect and independent of a Muslim action!!...

Make research about islam(Submission to the will of God) with a free mind and you will see that all Prophet from Adam,Abraham,Noah,Joshua,Solomon,David,Moses,Jesus,Muhammed came preached the same message...MONOTHEISM!!

God guides whom he wills!

NBsadA.S) Alayhi Salam(May the peace of God be with him)..
Keep deceiving yourself!The very first part of the Bible scripture you quoted says the Comforter will abide forever.Did Muhammad abide forever?Again Jesus said'whom I will send'.Was Muhammad sent by Jesus?
You muslims just quote without even reading what you quote.You just accept what your imams taught you.

3 Likes

Re: One Woman's Quest To Share Christ With A Muslim by ihimami: 8:33pm On Sep 04, 2013
munex007: I read every word!..This is fiction..The Morning call to prayer is around 4:30 am to 5:00am(i.e d first call)and not 3:30 am as you claimed

And the miscarriage part..In reality she will seek immediate medical attention and not going back to the class due to the loss of blood

The prophet part..The difference between a Jew,christain and muslim..The jews don't believe in Jesus(A.S),they believe in Moses(A.S)..The Christains don't believe in Muhammed(S.A.W),they believe in Jesus(A.S)..The Muslims believe in Moses(A.S),Jesus(A.S) and Muhammed (S.A.W)..They believe in their message,miracles and principles..

Biblical Prophecy on the Advent of Muhammed(S.A.W)

John 14:15-16
"If you love me,keep my commandments.And I will pray the Father and he Shall give you another COMFORTER that he may abide with you forever"

John 16:26-27
"But when the comforter is come,whom I will send unto you from the Father,even the SPIRIT OF TRUTH,which proceedeth from the Father,he shall TESTIFY of me:And ye also shall bear withness,because ye have been with me from the begining"

The 'Person' whom Jesus(A.S) prophesied will come after him is called in the Bible 'Parqaleeta' This word was deleted by later interpreters and translators and changed at times to 'spirit of truth'and at other times 'Comforter'.The Original word in Greek and its meaning is 'One whom people praise exceedingly'..which Means 'Muhammad' (In Arabic)

When Muhammed(S.A.W) came he truly Testify and attest about Jesus(A.S)...

Islam is beyond what you see on TV,Newspaper..Don't judge Islam because of an action of an Individual,group or sect..Islam is perfect and independent of a Muslim action!!...

Make research about islam(Submission to the will of God) with a free mind and you will see that all Prophet from Adam,Abraham,Noah,Joshua,Solomon,David,Moses,Jesus,Muhammed came preached the same message...MONOTHEISM!!

God guides whom he wills!

NBsadA.S) Alayhi Salam(May the peace of God be with him)..

My brother, I am mostly uncomfortable with the bolded excuses because it shows how weak we have become by always explaining our selves to the unbelievers what they already knows. Muslims do not need to make excuses for the bad elements among them, because every religious group have their black sheep's and any intelligent minds knows this. Peace.
Re: One Woman's Quest To Share Christ With A Muslim by kushsy: 8:54pm On Sep 04, 2013
Lordave: I started reading this article exactly the same time my brother left Wuse for Gwagwalada.

He is back and I'm not yet through.
U r olodo, a slow reader n shld go back to primary scholl.
Re: One Woman's Quest To Share Christ With A Muslim by kushsy: 8:59pm On Sep 04, 2013
ihimami:

My brother, I am mostly uncomfortable with the bolded excuses because it shows how weak we have become by always explaining our selves to the unbelievers what they already knows. Muslims do not need to make excuses for the bad elements among them, because every religious group have their black sheep's and any intelligent minds knows this. Peace.

thank u.let everyone practice his or her religion when we get there we will all find out d truth
Re: One Woman's Quest To Share Christ With A Muslim by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 04, 2013
@thorpido: imagine the former 'comforter' before the another comforter. who were the former comforters if more than 1? if it was just 1, who was he? if neither the former[s] or Jesus did not abide forever, how can we expect the another to abide for ever?

id you remember what Jesus said by reading what they said he said and that is your source of remembrance, he is abiding. no?

same situation with Muhammad [sa]. and more profound, clearer in the sense that what he received is kept separate and what what they said he said is separate. so you have 2 distinctive materials on Muhammad [sa]; the first from his Lord. the second what he said. we have double remembrance and his way of abiding is double surety.

whose sending is superior; God Who sent all prophets before Jesus and then Jesus or Jesus who was reported to be sending the final comforter?

if anyone was going to be the sender, it has to be God Who has the right.

so what was reported about sending by Jesus is just machination of the writer. let me stop here because i am not one of those who kick against the pri.cks [whatever that means].

@ christkid, roselynbas, graveguy; why are you guys kicking against the pri.cks? i know you can not crucify me. Allah is Enough for me.
Re: One Woman's Quest To Share Christ With A Muslim by thorpido(m): 10:24pm On Sep 04, 2013
RoyPCain: @thorpido: imagine the former 'comforter' before the another comforter. who were the former comforters if more than 1? if it was just 1, who was he? if neither the former[s] or Jesus did not abide forever, how can we expect the another to abide for ever?

id you remember what Jesus said by reading what they said he said and that is your source of remembrance, he is abiding. no?

same situation with Muhammad [sa]. and more profound, clearer in the sense that what he received is kept separate and what what they said he said is separate. so you have 2 distinctive materials on Muhammad [sa]; the first from his Lord. the second what he said. we have double remembrance and his way of abiding is double surety.

whose sending is superior; God Who sent all prophets before Jesus and then Jesus or Jesus who was reported to be sending the final comforter?

if anyone was going to be the sender, it has to be God Who has the right.

so what was reported about sending by Jesus is just machination of the writer. let me stop here because i am not one of those who kick against the pri.cks [whatever that means].

@ christkid, roselynbas, graveguy; why are you guys kicking against the pri.cks? i know you can not crucify me. Allah is Enough for me.
Jesus was(is) a Comforter.He was about to leave the disciples and they were sorrowful and that was why He said another Comforter(Alos Paraclete-another one just like Me) will come to be with you.Jesus spoke about the Holy Spirit and the relationship between Him and the Holy Spirit are one.

Jesus said, I can do nothing of Myself,but what I see the Father do:for what things soever he does,these also does the Son likewise(John5:19).Whatever the father does is approved in Jesus.Who the Father sends is sent also by Jesus.
Don't ask me how?Jesus said these things are hidden from the wise and prudent and God has revealed them to babes and it pleases God that it is that way.
Jesus further said,...but He that sent Me is true WHOM YE KNOW NOT.
If a man does not know The God Who sent Jesus,how will he believe His words or anything to do with Him.
Jesus said,..ye have not His word(The One Who sent Me)abiding in you(John5:38).
Re: One Woman's Quest To Share Christ With A Muslim by apacheguy: 11:08pm On Sep 04, 2013
From the write up, it shows very clearly that prof. Mohammed is a muslim by d name "mohammed" nothing more, from all their discussions, she couldnt even air her islamic knowledge/view, right or wrong, no islamic knwldge watsoeva, she's as empty as an infant, d blasphemy against the prophets of God by the xtiandom, she cannot even refute, Jesus from islamic perspective she doesnt even kw, a xtian telling a muslim islamic knwledge about Jesus, she doesnt kw it hersef nd u stil call her a muslim? Being a muslim goes beyond name, its in orientation, understanding nd pracice
Re: One Woman's Quest To Share Christ With A Muslim by Solaceye: 11:11pm On Sep 04, 2013
[quote author=kushsy]thank u.let everyone practice his or her religion when we get there we will all find out d truth

You will then knows the truth..only that repentance would had ceased. You have no excuse to go to hell when JESUS is still offering grace; salvation.
Re: One Woman's Quest To Share Christ With A Muslim by lertee(f): 11:39pm On Sep 04, 2013
Lordlexy: The most important thing is that the message had been pass across, leave the conviction and conversion for the Holy Spirit. Also, there is nothing psychological about her approaches or tolerance with muslim woman. The whole plan was orchestrated by God's Spirit as the writer suggested. The bleeding incident that led to the prof collapse where she rejected any attempt for a help, clearly portrayed her as intolerance. All the same, it proved that Christianity is a demonstration of God's wisdom through the Holy Spirit that is potent enough to convert just about anybody. The Word of God is Spirit and it's life.
The write up is clueless and has no direction,no aim was achieved apart from the fact that a bible was given,have listened to so many preachings from christians,I have bibles presented to me but ask me 'do I read them? NO,have I converted to christianity? NO. Tell me what is the writer's aim. Marble wasn't a practicing muslim and even at that I did not see where she converted. So many lies that couldn't be covered. Call to prayer by 3:30 am and a miscarriage with no medical attention.
If this were to be in a movie it is simply psychology approach to help someone get out of depression.
When she said she did not need help n snapped at the students,does that mean intolerance? Define it in your own little heart. You see the truth and yet choose otherwise.

2 Likes

Re: One Woman's Quest To Share Christ With A Muslim by nellyalph: 11:45pm On Sep 04, 2013
Am confident in this very tin dat He who has begun a good work in me shall complete until the day of Jesus christ. It mite be fiction buh jus 4 a split second, jus imagine the story 2 be true. U ll knw the woman left her comfort zone 4 dis gospel. The questn is what ll u do 4 the gospel? Will u run wiv it?
And the wonderful tin is dat the woman neva criticized any religion eg is hw she explained Jesus using the xtains, muslims and the jews. Those criticizing christainity, I wonda wat dis post did 2 u and I knw deep in ur heart u believe Jesus.
Re: One Woman's Quest To Share Christ With A Muslim by Msgamble: 1:07am On Sep 05, 2013
Buh wait a minute, muhammed a comforter? NO,why? He can't live forever, even d quran can't explain how he got his inspiration(since islam denounce 'HOLY SPIRIT') d gift christ promised his Disciple on pentecost..back to islamic/quran 'Isa' didn't correspond with Jewish,Roman history n tradition even 'muslim intelletual' lyk Reza aslan try to proof 'isa nt been crucified' based on quran narration buh accept on aljazeera that it can't be prooved historically or thru achaelogist evident, so why did ur khalifas-book make up/framed 'isa story ' as their CHRIST 4 u?..U ppl claimed the Bible was 'manipulated' yet d original script written by Apostle is in Vatican libary in Rome(over 2000yrs old document) visited by 30million ppl yearly if u still doubt authencity of D BIBLE why nt visit vatican city n saved urself from 'cheap lies' been feed u by ur misguided imam n ur 'holy'-book
Re: One Woman's Quest To Share Christ With A Muslim by Shinery0123(m): 2:26am On Sep 05, 2013
lertee:
The write up is clueless and has no direction,no aim was achieved apart from the fact that a bible was given,have listened to so many preachings from christians,I have bibles presented to me but ask me 'do I read them? NO,have I converted to christianity? NO. Tell me what is the writer's aim. Marble wasn't a practicing muslim and even at that I did not see where she converted. So many lies that couldn't be covered. Call to prayer by 3:30 am and a miscarriage with no medical attention.
If this were to be in a movie it is simply psychology approach to help someone get out of depression.
When she said she did not need help n snapped at the students,does that mean intolerance? Define it in your own little heart. You see the truth and yet choose otherwise.
help me explain things to them o.
Re: One Woman's Quest To Share Christ With A Muslim by Shinery0123(m): 2:28am On Sep 05, 2013
apacheguy: From the write up, it shows very clearly that prof. Mohammed is a muslim by d name "mohammed" nothing more, from all their discussions, she couldnt even air her islamic knowledge/view, right or wrong, no islamic knwldge watsoeva, she's as empty as an infant, d blasphemy against the prophets of God by the xtiandom, she cannot even refute, Jesus from islamic perspective she doesnt even kw, a xtian telling a muslim islamic knwledge about Jesus, she doesnt kw it hersef nd u stil call her a muslim? Being a muslim goes beyond name, its in orientation, understanding nd pracice
nice approach.
Re: One Woman's Quest To Share Christ With A Muslim by Shinery0123(m): 2:33am On Sep 05, 2013
ddude: Christians and propaganda-whoever wrote this fiction forgot to even reconcile some facts-call to prayer 3.30? You guys are so desperate
i don't even knw wat he has gained by making up a fiction as long as this, cos it makes no effect.
Re: One Woman's Quest To Share Christ With A Muslim by Nobody: 2:59am On Sep 05, 2013
Call to early morning prayer by 3:30

Miscarriage without immediate medical attention

This post should be moved to fiction-story section !
Re: One Woman's Quest To Share Christ With A Muslim by frostylook: 6:55am On Sep 05, 2013
Following God z totally hardcore. Its all about obedience and sacrifice. Those who refuse 2 follow His truth find solace in mockery. But we all know that deep within them,they have no real peace.
Re: One Woman's Quest To Share Christ With A Muslim by jude4us(m): 7:25am On Sep 05, 2013
Orikinla: I have sat down on the floor with an Imam in his house to share the Good News with him and we never quarreled.
And I have dined with a "Christian" brother who later raped an innocent sister.
I have worked with both "Christians" and Muslims and the Muslims were more honest and humane.
Majority of those claiming to be "Christians" in Nigeria don't have the Holy Spirit and without the Holy Spirit, you are powerless.

You need to be careful what you write, someone was excited under you coz he thinks you are bias.
Re: One Woman's Quest To Share Christ With A Muslim by vickyO(f): 10:52am On Sep 05, 2013
Muslims be saying Mohammed is the comforter. Who did he comfort? Not me sha. He preached the exact opposite of what Jesus preached. According to Biblical standard, Mohammed was an immoral, sinful and imperfect man. The Holy Spirit is the comforter sent by Christ to Christians. so please Muslims, don't misinterpret Jesus. and Moreover, Mohammed isn't in the Bible, what the Bible said was that false prophets will come later and they'll deviate from the gospel. The Holy Spirit came not long after Jesus death, God won't leave us hanging for so long. Mohammed came maybe 100 years (not sure about the years though) after Christ's ascension.
@op, thanks for the write up, I don't care if it's fiction, it has sent across a strong message to Christendom and Christians and non Christians let it inspire you, open your window of understanding. Peace.
Re: One Woman's Quest To Share Christ With A Muslim by Msgamble: 3:05pm On Sep 05, 2013
vickyO: Muslims be saying Mohammed is the comforter. Who did he comfort? Not me sha. He preached the exact opposite of what Jesus preached. According to Biblical standard, Mohammed was an immoral, sinful and imperfect man. The Holy Spirit is the comforter sent by Christ to Christians. so please Muslims, don't misinterpret Jesus. and Moreover, Mohammed isn't in the Bible, what the Bible said was that false prophets will come later and they'll deviate from the gospel. The Holy Spirit came not long after Jesus death, God won't leave us hanging for so long. Mohammed came maybe 100 years (not sure about the years though) after Christ's ascension.
@op, thanks for the write up, I don't care if it's fiction, it has sent across a strong message to Christendom and Christians and non Christians let it inspire you, open your window of understanding. Peace.
don't mind them jare, i wonder how one could called a 9 yrs molester, slaugtherer of jew n xtain in hundered along with ali n abu bakr,provoker of 'infidel' during tym of relative peace btw them so he could kill more of them(by telling muslim to pay prigrilmage to their territory in kabba), framed a certain 'isa' as christ neglection history n trad., he couldn't explain how he got his inspiration since he denied holy spirit,a man that neva know peace during his lifetime? he told them of Christ 2nd coming yet denied his ascension? Buh fool khalifas failed to ask him if 'Christ would rose frm the ground' since according to them HE is still dead..U that man a comforter? confused ppl

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Didnt You Go To Church Today? / Where Is Pastor Patrick Anwuzia Of Zoe Ministries Worldwide? / Pope Accepts 20-year-old Car Gift From Italian Priest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.