Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,575 members, 7,958,780 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 12:00 AM

Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. (17274 Views)

How Would You React If Your Newly Married Wife Told You This / What Is The Best Thing To Do When Your Newly Married Wife Says No To You On Bed? / Is It Ideal For A Mother-in-law To Move In With A Newly Married Couple?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by nobilie: 10:18am On Sep 04, 2013
Have you ever wondered if someone is stealing your money?
i earn fairly good salary but it looks like a mysterious hand takes from my money after salary is paid.

i met my wife at my cousins place in Lagos.
After during our courtship, she became pregnant. Since i loved her, i had to quicken up with the marriage(Thank God small money dey my hand).
we became married and started learning life together. My wife stopped working in our sixth month of pregnancy. I wasn't comfortable, but knowing the stress she bears working on the island while staying on the mainland. Having no car at the moment or going to work at a traffic prone area in Lagos is killing. After several throwing ups in commercial buses, i had to yield to her request of resigning.

But i noticed that i don't see tangible things i do with my salary. we keep praying for month to end and once there's an alert at the end of the month, hmmm, we start gallivanting catching fun all around. The next is, no more money in the account.

I will not allow stupidity to run me any more, when salary is paid:
My advice to newly married couples are;

1) Honey moon does not come up every month. You can still do it at home.
2) Let her know what your salary is( so she won't say you are not caring)
3) Once salary is paid, the man must divide the money into fractions. Give your wife her part for the up-keep to cover the following month notifying her, its for the month(They are good managers)
4) Pay your house rent monthly in a special account(so you start running around seeking for loan when your rent is due)
5) Let your parents and siblings know that you have pressing responsibilities and may not be able to offer the assistance you use to.
6) Set target for yourself, your wife and your children.
7) Know that salary from the man alone can not feed the family.
cool Do not let your job take the place of your family and don't let your family take the place of your job that brings the money.
9) YOU MUST JOIN A COOPERATIVE esp with colleagues at work.
10) Don't try to settle every house need all at once.

At this point, you can add yours. I know some Netherlanders will want to yab me. Pls no ysb but comments.

34 Likes

Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 04, 2013
I feel you guy!

My problem is that I must not visit a bookstore... If I must do that, I must not go with my debit card and must plan the amount before I go cos there are always books to spend on... Gosh! [Visited Laterna Ventures yesterday planning to buy just one N850 book and I ended up spending N9060... Gross! but its worth it as I love the books I got grin grin embarassed]

I want to start saving heavily now in case I get married by next year or upper one so it wont be a heavy duty so help me God.

2 Likes

Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by UGOCHUKWU3: 11:11am On Sep 04, 2013
To add to your view,
1.Also find investments you can commit a particular % of your salary to,be in property,stock and take Option of savings by insurance policy,don't always have so much loose funds,it will always be difficult not to spend it

2 Likes

Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by nobilie: 1:30pm On Sep 04, 2013
@ Ledaface, you are right. Books are good as the tend to develop us. i understand that every man is addicted to something in life. That you can hardly drop.

2 Likes

Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by Kanwulia: 1:57pm On Sep 04, 2013
My biggest problem is : STAYING AWAY FROM WALMART!!!! grin

I put away one-third of my income In ROTH-IRA. . . WHERE IT CAN NOT BE TOUCHED TILL RETIREMENT!!!!! kiss
So does my husband!!! cool

1 Like

Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 04, 2013
grin

Its our home, not yours na.
Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by Mikkyhandy(m): 4:26pm On Sep 04, 2013
One thing learnt today....
Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by ivytechgurl: 4:28pm On Sep 04, 2013
Marriage should be an elevation of your current status in everything including cash...So don't settle for less 'n if dat aint available, na suffer o' which equates to END TIME TINZ !!!!!!!
Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by Okijajuju1(m): 4:28pm On Sep 04, 2013
OOPPS!!

Wrong Thread..

This is a thread advicing Broke-arss Husbands.. grin

OKIJA JUJU's ADVICE TO ALL MENIf you never hold money to maintain woman, do not befriend her, talkless of marrying her..

8 Likes

Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by Fhemmmy: 4:29pm On Sep 04, 2013
Easiest way to make it work, as long as the woman is prudent - The man bring the money home and allow the woman to manage it, by so doing, she knows what the home has and how to stretch the money to take care of all that is needed, i have found women to be better manager of money than we, Men.
But if the woman is not prudent, find a better way to making it happen.

2 Likes

Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by Nobody: 4:29pm On Sep 04, 2013
Thank you for sharing, you have certainly made some good points smiley smiley.
Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by Okijajuju1(m): 4:30pm On Sep 04, 2013
Fhemmmy: Easiest way to make it work, as long as the woman is prudent - The man bring the money home and allow the woman to manage it, by so doing, she knows what the home has and how to stretch the money to take care of all that is needed, i have found women to be better manager of money than we, Men.

GBAM!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by Nomski0(f): 4:30pm On Sep 04, 2013
Its not only newly wedded couples that face this problem......money is a commodity that leaves the hand in just a flick, if you plan a family budget, it'll go a long way in curtailing excessive spending

1 Like

Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 04, 2013
ℓ'll advice you to spend it Aℓℓ ᵒᶰ booze. Life's too short to plan ahead!

2 Likes

Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by chifreke(f): 4:31pm On Sep 04, 2013
both parties shld set goals and abide by it judiciously..if one person decide to manage...there is tend to be mismanagement...so understand urselves and pocket..before planning together..

1 Like

Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by passionate88: 4:31pm On Sep 04, 2013
Thank God sey u dn wise up.
Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by okooloyun1(m): 4:31pm On Sep 04, 2013
Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by pyramid777(m): 4:33pm On Sep 04, 2013
@OP...you have spoken well

Let me share my own story... i got married last december and my wife currently doesnt work so i placed her on a monthly allowance. My wife is really very smart cos even though we set a budget and i give her money for the basic needs at home she still finds a smart way of making me to pay for most of the needs at some point. e.g she is expected to buy groceries for the house from her allowance but when we go see a movie together at the mall she ensures we stop by at shoprite for quick shoping and i end up paying for all that we buy

I'm getting smarter now so I've had to review giving her monthly allowance to weekly allowance cos she smartly passes most of the MAJOR expenses to me...but recently fuel for my Generators has been eating very deep into my pocket

Sincerely, its been quite difficult for me to save as a newly married man

2 Likes

Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by Yvete(f): 4:35pm On Sep 04, 2013
Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by volalek: 4:36pm On Sep 04, 2013
E no easy esp when 1 spouse is totally dependent on d other.however financial discipline is d bottomline.

2 Likes

Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by DonSnoogyPon(m): 4:37pm On Sep 04, 2013
Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by Fhemmmy: 4:38pm On Sep 04, 2013
volalek: E no easy esp when 1 spouse is totally dependent on d other.however financial discipline is d bottomline.

When one is not working, i am sure the one that aint working will be taking care of some other thing in the house . . tongue

1 Like

Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by Okijajuju1(m): 4:38pm On Sep 04, 2013
nobi_lie: 1) Honey moon does not come up every month. You can still do it at home.

- Honeymoon at home is not Honeymoon, except you live on the Moon..

nobi_lie: 2) Let her know what your salary is( so she won't say you are not caring)

- The idea of letting your wife|fiancee know what your salary is, isnt so that she wont say you are not caring, but so she can know how to properly manage and maximize it.

nobi_lie: 3) Once salary is paid, the man must divide the money into fractions. Give your wife her part for the up-keep to cover the following month notifying her, its for the month(They are good managers)

- When once the salary is paid, the man must first settle all the obvious bills, keep a portion in savings and hand over the rest to the 'House manager'.

nobi_lie: 4) Pay your house rent monthly in a special account(so you start running around seeking for loan when your rent is due)

- Good Advice.. Thats why you must save a portion of your salary. Preferably with a Banks|insurance comp. assurance scheme.

nobi_lie: 5) Let your parents and siblings know that you have pressing responsibilities and may not be able to offer the assistance you use to.

- Well.. To be a man is not a day job. Instead of telling your problems to the world, double your hustle.

nobi_lie: 6) Set target for yourself, your wife and your children.

- This goes without saying.. Everyman must have a goal that he is actively working towards.

nobi_lie: 7) Know that salary from the man alone can not feed the family.

- LIES!!!

nobi_lie: cool Do not let your job take the place of your family and don't let your family take the place of your job that brings the money.

- HUH!!?

nobi_lie: 9) YOU MUST JOIN A COOPERATIVE esp with colleagues at work.

- Its not a must.. You can also start an investment scheme with a reputable insurance company or bank. These ones give you an interest. Office Co-ops only give you back what you put in with no interest.

nobi_lie: 10) Don't try to settle every house need all at once.

- Planning|prioritizing

nobi_lie: At this point, you can add yours. I know some Netherlanders will want to yab me. Pls no ysb but comments.

5 Likes

Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by macdelene(m): 4:39pm On Sep 04, 2013
My dear I feel u but take this from me no matter hw much u plan. Its nt easy for u alone to bare . Aftr birth pls get a job for ur wife closer home. No matter hw small it will help d sanity of the marriage.

1 Like

Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by Candour(m): 4:43pm On Sep 04, 2013
Budgeting is the key my man. You and your wife must learn how to abide by a budget and whatever your needs, learn to save at least 10% of your monthly salary. In addition to saving for the rainy day, it teaches u discipline.

Your babe is your wife now so she should understand if you can't wow her as you used to do before.

My bro 'wiseman no dey use all 10 fingers chop o' I believe u understand

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 04, 2013
Okija_juju: OOPPS!!

Wrong Thread..

This is a thread advicing Broke-arss Husbands.. grin

OKIJA JUJU's ADVICE TO ALL MEN.. If you never hold money to maintain woman, do not befriend her, talkless of marrying her..

Not To Talk of...

2 Likes

Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by stonemind(f): 4:46pm On Sep 04, 2013
click like if u are a cambridge university graduate.......

1 Like

Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 04, 2013
Sorry bro, marriage comes with huge responsibility
Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by TGlobe: 4:48pm On Sep 04, 2013
Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by ayoade2: 4:51pm On Sep 04, 2013
Good advise.

11. You need discipline to follow these advices above

1 Like

Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by deshclones(m): 4:52pm On Sep 04, 2013
Fhemmmy: Easiest way to make it work, as long as the woman is prudent - The man bring the money home and allow the woman to manage it, by so doing, she knows what the home has and how to stretch the money to take care of all that is needed, i have found women to be better manager of money than we, Men.

Word

One thing i love about my gal apart from her so many other qualities is her ability to save and strict self discipline as regards money...unlike me...omoh once the money never go my zenithbank account..forget it..i must spend it...even buying things i really do not need or helping friends and relatives...its that bad that i refused to collect ATM for the zenith account ..lol....i intend to hand over every money i make to my wife and allow her use her discretion to spend...women are indeed good managers...

6 Likes

Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by Fhemmmy: 4:53pm On Sep 04, 2013
deshclones:

Word

One thing i love about my gal apart from her so many other qualities is her ability to save and strict self discipline as regards money...unlike me...omoh once the money never go my zenithbank account..forget it..i must spend it...even buying things i really do not need or helping friends and relatives...its that bad that i refused to collect ATM for the zenith account ..lol....i intend to hand over every money i make to my wife and allow her use her discretion to spend...women are indeed good managers...

Same here oh, so i just give to madam who give me what i need when is needed . . .

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Parents, Always Pay Attention To Your Children's Talents / Today Is Children's Day: Say Something To The Kids / Should A Husband And Wife Operate A Joint Account?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.