Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,118 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:04 PM

Beneffits Of Retiring As A General In The Nigerian Army - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Beneffits Of Retiring As A General In The Nigerian Army (1675 Views)

The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid? / Know The Officer Ranking Of The Nigerian Army / Beneffits Of Retiring As A General In The Nigerian Army (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beneffits Of Retiring As A General In The Nigerian Army by Splendid7(m): 2:04pm On Sep 04, 2013
Hello pals, what's the beneffit of retiring in the army as a general, apart from fat salary and authority over others while in service?
NB: Don't get me wrong because I have seen many that wants to get to the rank of general today and retire tomorrow. They just don't feel comfortable retiring below the rank of brig. Gen.
Re: Beneffits Of Retiring As A General In The Nigerian Army by primusmaximus: 2:20pm On Sep 04, 2013
Splendid7: Hello pals, what's the beneffit of retiring in the army as a general, apart from fat salary and authority over others while in service?
NB: Don't get me wrong because I have seen many that wants to get to the rank of general today and retire tomorrow. They just don't feel comfortable retiring below the rank of brig. Gen.

What fat salary is that its really just the prestige in the name, the respect from civilians(police fall under civilian category to me),the connections you might obtain and if you're fortunate to reach the rank of full general then you'll have guards assigned to you till you pass away, that's about it. I think its the swag that comes with the title that attracts people. I must confess, it's fun going out with pups, don't even have to carry drivers license.... nothing fit happen lol
Re: Beneffits Of Retiring As A General In The Nigerian Army by Splendid7(m): 2:27pm On Sep 04, 2013
primus_maximus:

What fat salary is that its really just the prestige in the name, the respect from civilians(police fall under civilian category to me),the connections you might obtain and if you're fortunate to reach the rank of full general then you'll have guards assigned to you till you pass away, that's about it. I think its the swag that comes with the title that attracts people. I must confess, it's fun going out with pups, don't even have to carry drivers license.... nothing fit happen lol
but i have seen a major gen. that is retired, but still has military guards, military driver and official tinted cars.
Re: Beneffits Of Retiring As A General In The Nigerian Army by primusmaximus: 2:34pm On Sep 04, 2013
Splendid7: but i have seen a major gen. that is retired, but still has military guards, military driver and official tinted cars.
I can understand the guards and driver (he could have requested specially), but the official car is really weird.. was he still flying flag??
Re: Beneffits Of Retiring As A General In The Nigerian Army by Splendid7(m): 2:51pm On Sep 04, 2013
primus_maximus: was he still flying flag??
no. I didn't see any flag there, but if u see him u will know that he's a govt official.
Re: Beneffits Of Retiring As A General In The Nigerian Army by Splendid7(m): 3:08pm On Sep 04, 2013
Moderators pls push this to the front page. I need a wider range of opininion.
Re: Beneffits Of Retiring As A General In The Nigerian Army by primusmaximus: 3:16pm On Sep 04, 2013
Splendid7: no. I didn't see any flag there, but if u see him u will know that he's a govt official.
as long as he's not flying flag i don't expect any1 to question him. I've sha seen the salary breakdown for Majors down to Generals and trust me when i say all the Generals with mad money made it through deals/runs.. military salary for a Nigerian general is lower than what a Trainee Engr at ExxonMobil n the likes Make

(1) (Reply)

Revit Architecture For Rookies: A Bottom Up Approach / Msc In Information Security Or Risk Management, Which Has A Better Job Prospect? / What Are The Job Opportunities For A MATHEMATICS Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.