Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,303 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

32bit Python - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / 32bit Python (1022 Views)

Python From Zero To Hero... Full Video / 10 Free Python Ebooks So That People Can Learn As They Make Apps / Exclusive Team Python Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

32bit Python by jearile(m): 2:11pm On Sep 04, 2013
I would really appreciate it if anyone can help get me a python interpreter for windows 32bit that i can use alongside with with pygame. The windows 64bit python i have keeps showing "import error..." each time i type "import pygame" on my DLI. I hearsay the solution is to install a windows 32bit python and pygame. Concrete Suggestions and assistance are welcomed. tanx in advance
Re: 32bit Python by Ajibel(m): 4:07pm On Sep 04, 2013
Are u using x86 or x64
Re: 32bit Python by jearile(m): 8:30pm On Sep 04, 2013
Ajibel: Are u using x86 or x64
x64
Re: 32bit Python by Ajibel(m): 8:59pm On Sep 04, 2013
Gosh!!! Buh i think there should be a pygame for x64 to download, did u check
x64 is a shitty problem angry
Re: 32bit Python by jearile(m): 1:15am On Sep 05, 2013
Ajibel: Gosh!!! Buh i think there should be a pygame for x64 to download, did u check
x64 is a shitty problem angry
I've tried 2 diff versions of pygame i.e 1.9.1 .win32-py2.7 and 1.9.2a0.win32-py3.2 but itz still not working...
Re: 32bit Python by Ajibel(m): 7:15am On Sep 05, 2013
jearile:
I've tried 2 diff versions of pygame i.e 1.9.1 .win32-py2.7 and 1.9.2a0.win32-py3.2 but itz still not working...

its ur fault. U are downloading win32 program when u are running on x64. Find the pygame available for x64. I think it should be there, search wella cuz besides, i dunno how to help u here and its been quite long that i've visited pygame.org
Re: 32bit Python by jearile(m): 10:48am On Sep 05, 2013
Ajibel:

its ur fault. U are downloading win32 program when u are running on x64. Find the pygame available for x64. I think it should be there, search wella cuz besides, i dunno how to help u here and its been quite long that i've visited pygame.org
The last tym i checked which was yesterday i cudnt find any x64 pygame... Though there was a note instructing all windows 64bit users to use 32bit python software inorder to use pygame 1.9.1... From the onset if u recall, i said i needed help frm anyone who has 32bit python setup atleast to validate if the instruction from the pygame index page would eliminate my worries. I can say if it was my eyes or perhaps i didnt do my search well but i cudnt find any 32bit python to download from python.org
But let me ask you, av u tried making a game with python? if u av, how and wat did u do/use
Re: 32bit Python by Nyt: 11:58am On Sep 06, 2013
Ajibel:

Did u read d instruction on their website?

Actually, I've been using 64 bit 4 some time most libraries including pygame are available @ http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/

Advice:install a 32bit version on ubuntu (dual os/vmware) & cross test with it. Anyway I've had 2 build out & modify libraries(not advisable) and even tweak my pc 2 get tinz working sha. Also managed 2 generate errors dat don't show up on 32bit and some tools may neva be available 4 64bit. Altogeda d xperience will give u an edge or burnout ur zeal

For libraries/tools/pythongames you should check wiki pythongame though I haven't looked in a while but I THINK pygame supports only 2D although dere should b panda3d and pyopengl

Goodluck!
Re: 32bit Python by Ajibel(m): 3:52pm On Sep 06, 2013
Nyt.:

Did u read d instruction on their website?

No i didnt. I was just looking around
Re: 32bit Python by Nyt: 12:21am On Sep 07, 2013
Ajibel:

I thought as much apparently the instructions on that site works for pre 2.6 binaries.

@OP u should always try to use python packages/sites that are in ACTIVE development

U can also use other python IDE's actually I use enthought just install pypi/easy_install and use it to download packages and install virtual env to manage/switch python versions
Re: 32bit Python by Nyt: 12:37am On Sep 07, 2013
Ajibel:

I thought as much apparently the instructions on that site works for pre 2.6 binaries.

@OP u should always try to use python packages or take insructions from sites that are in ACTIVE development.

U can also use other python IDE's actually I use enthought just install pypi/easy_install and use it to download packages and install virtual env to manage/switch python versions.
Re: 32bit Python by Ajibel(m): 6:37pm On Sep 12, 2013
jearile:
The last tym i checked which was yesterday i cudnt find any x64 pygame... Though there was a note instructing all windows 64bit users to use 32bit python software inorder to use pygame 1.9.1... From the onset if u recall, i said i needed help frm anyone who has 32bit python setup atleast to validate if the instruction from the pygame index page would eliminate my worries. I can say if it was my eyes or perhaps i didnt do my search well but i cudnt find any 32bit python to download from python.org
But let me ask you, av u tried making a game with python? if u av, how and wat did u do/use

I have created but with the help of tutorials. And the games I created were just clones of other games so I may say I haven't created my OWN games.. This book: Making games with python and pygame by Al Sweigart would help a lot

(1) (Reply)

Universities Shud Offer Degrees In Programming / Are You In Need Of Php And Html Design Knowledge? See My Newly Designed Platform / Required Skills Of A 2020 Server Side Developer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.