Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Buying Online From Amazon - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Buying Online From Amazon (4779 Views)

Need Helping Buying Online / I Was Charged 225 Naira Per $1 Yesterday By GTB For Buying Online With My Card / Buying Online From the USA,how Safe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buying Online From Amazon by sonyc00(m): 3:30pm On Sep 04, 2013
Please fellow nairalanders help me out.i am a novice in all this online stuff,but i have heard things about amazon to know its true.i want to order a psp and a phone from amazon but i dont really know how to go about it.the little i know is that i can use a credit card{mine is ecobank} to buy the items online,and use myus.com to get a virtual address where amazon can deliver the goods and then myus will then send the goods through a courier of my choosing{fedex or dhl}.but the problem is that i have read about some people that have had serious mischaps with myus.so is there any alternative company to use in sending the goods to nigeria and a trustworthy one please.and i have heard that people goods get missing when the use the courier services of dhl and fedex,is that possible.and can dhl deliver my goods to my doorstep in aba,without me having to come to their office in lagos.please help me out,i am stuck here,and my parents are really discouraging me.should i buy from amazon cheap or costly in nigeria{even though the goods are second hand}.please help me out,help out a fellow nigga or brother{whichever one you like}
Re: Buying Online From Amazon by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 04, 2013
Hi, I buy stuff on Amazon always with my GT mastercard. though its sent through impex couriers whom i registered with and it so cheap n very reliable as I have never lost my goods. The only thing is if your card is not secured on mastercard platform or its nt a dollar card, then it will be rejected.
Re: Buying Online From Amazon by sonyc00(m): 8:13pm On Sep 04, 2013
Thanks a lot,i am interested,tell me more about how i can use this impex couriers to buy from amazon and can i use my ecobank visacard,since am still young and i dont have a mastercard.and do they do door to door delivery.i also hope they dont have any hidden charges in their deliveries.this is my first time,so please be thorough in your explanations.thanks
Re: Buying Online From Amazon by sonyc00(m): 9:53am On Sep 05, 2013
isha.salam:
Hi, I buy stuff on Amazon always with my GT mastercard. though its sent through impex couriers whom i registered with and it so cheap n very reliable as I have never lost my goods. The only thing is if your card is not secured on mastercard platform or its nt a dollar card, then it will be rejected.
i heard that impex couriers are bad ones.people have lost their goods lots of times and the shipping takes forever,is this true.and please people with other ideas should please help me out
Re: Buying Online From Amazon by isetilaye: 10:21am On Sep 05, 2013
Why don't you try texaco1?he has a thread here on nairaland and so far no negative reviews so far.
www.nairaland.com/1355730/ebay-shoppers-resellers-wanted
Re: Buying Online From Amazon by sonyc00(m): 11:15am On Sep 05, 2013
But texaco1 deals with ebay shopping,mine is amazon,and the guy only ships to lagos and ibadan,while i am in aba.i dont know if the guy can help out
Re: Buying Online From Amazon by isetilaye: 11:30am On Sep 05, 2013
sonyc00: But texaco1 deals with ebay shopping,mine is amazon,and the guy only ships to lagos and ibadan,while i am in aba.i dont know if the guy can help out
he ships nationwide,but you will have to deal with him through his email and he has one thing ,you have to be patient with him,he seems to be getting lots of customers these days.have a nice day.
Re: Buying Online From Amazon by arbitrage: 12:48pm On Sep 05, 2013
sonyc00: Thanks a lot,i am interested,tell me more about how i can use this impex couriers to buy from amazon and can i use my ecobank visacard,since am still young and i dont have a mastercard.and do they do door to door delivery.i also hope they dont have any hidden charges in their deliveries.this is my first time,so please be thorough in your explanations.thanks

I wouldn't know what you mean by you are young with visa card and that you don't have mastercard. Is anyone telling you lies that Visa card is for young people and mastercard for adult? Don't believe such fables. The money you have in your card is what matters.

Back to your questions and concerns, you can order from Amazon with your Ecobank visa card. You do not need a dollar card as the other GT mastercard holder proposed. I have bought things from Amazon with both Visa and Mastercard in Naira denominations without using dollar card. I bought both small items (like Blu Ray discs) and big items (like 3DTV) using my naira cards successfully on Amazon.

On the shipping, there are many forwarders like myUS.com (that requires subscription payment) and free option like myamericanshipper.com but the bottom line is your choice of whether you are considering fast arrival of your items or cheaper cost of shipping your item. If you want fast delivery, myUS is good as they used DHL to bring my items. My 3DTV left US and got to Lagos between 2 and 3 days. While longer shippers like aascargo.com will take weeks but at very cheaper rate. But the problem I experienced with shipping from shippers is with the DHL guys in Nigeria after arrival. They will clear your item and ask you to come and pay outrageous amount for custom duty pretending to be the reason your item is delayed. They have the item already but they make those deals in connivance with others. In fact, I paid N116,000 to DHL as custom charges before they brought my 3DTV in May this year. I have never paid any fees for shipment that came through Fedex and that one honestly was the only one I had to pay through DHL. Same DHL delivered electronics I order online from Germany just yesterday in my house without asking for custom fee, whereas a colleagues was telling me two days ago that they asked him to come and pay more than the cost of item and shipping when he ordered stylish beaded curtains from China's Aliexpress. He had to raise eyebrow to DHL Africa corporate and requested that it be returned to custom for re-appraisal before custom reportedly said he has no due/charge to pay on the item. Meaning that some DHL guys are crooks.

So, your item can get to you in Aba if you use myUS or others but make your choice between speed or cost to decide your delivery because you already have all it takes to purchase from Amazon.
Re: Buying Online From Amazon by sonyc00(m): 1:15pm On Sep 05, 2013
So arbitrage you are saying that if i tell dhl to deliver directly to my house i can avoid paying all these custom charges then.so that means that i have to use myus.com for this.so am i assured that dhl will find my house or they will just put it in their nearest office
Re: Buying Online From Amazon by biz1234: 2:02pm On Sep 05, 2013
I have been buying stuff from Amazon using my GT Master Nair Card and shipping with MyUS has never given me any problem.
Re: Buying Online From Amazon by texaco1: 11:04pm On Sep 06, 2013
isetilaye: he ships nationwide,but you will have to deal with him through his email and he has one thing ,you have to be patient with him,he seems to be getting lots of customers these days.have a nice day.
hello my guy i ship nationwide except boko haram infested areas . and i shop and ship item from both ebay and amazon
Re: Buying Online From Amazon by arbitrage: 11:29pm On Sep 06, 2013
sonyc00: So arbitrage you are saying that if i tell dhl to deliver directly to my house i can avoid paying all these custom charges then.so that means that i have to use myus.com for this.so am i assured that dhl will find my house or they will just put it in their nearest office

You don't tell DHL to deliver in your house, that is their business to do. A courier company like DHL, UPS or Fedex is paid to deliver at your doorstep. It is your shipper/mail forwarder and not DHL that you can tell which courier to be used for your service if they have more than one they use. DHL delivering your item at home does not mean that they will not ask you to come and pay customs dues before delivery if you understand my earlier post.
Re: Buying Online From Amazon by omaojo1: 1:04am On Sep 07, 2013
Good job Arbitrage
Re: Buying Online From Amazon by pat077: 5:57pm On Sep 08, 2013
texaco1:
hello my guy i ship nationwide except boko haram infested areas . and i shop and ship item from both ebay and amazon
whats ur charges like? And can i get fairly used notebook on ebay and amazon?
Re: Buying Online From Amazon by texaco1: 6:04pm On Sep 08, 2013
pat077: whats ur charges like? And can i get fairly used notebook on ebay and amazon?
usually I don't like advertising my services on another person thread but I will answer ur questions .my charges for laptops is 90dollars for now and this includes all charges to your door step.if you want to resell I will advise you buy from china but if it is for ur own personal use then buy from usa.I don't do bidding option I only do the buy it now .you can get all the info you need on my thread it is always good to give maximum respect to the creator of a thread .
Re: Buying Online From Amazon by pat077: 6:30pm On Sep 08, 2013
texaco1: usually I don't like advertising my services on another person thread but I will answer ur questions .my charges for laptops is 90dollars for now and this includes all charges to your door step.if you want to resell I will advise you buy from china but if it is for ur own personal use then buy from usa.I don't do bidding option I only do the buy it now .you can get all the info you need on my thread it is always good to give maximum respect to the creator of a thread .
90 dollars charges 4 a used notebook is on d highside. Like hw much can i get d item?
Re: Buying Online From Amazon by texaco1: 7:29pm On Sep 08, 2013
pat077: 90 dollars charges 4 a used notebook is on d highside. Like hw much can i get d item?
www.nairaland.com/1355730/ebay-amazon-shoppers-resellers-wanted
Re: Buying Online From Amazon by sonyc00(m): 1:28pm On Sep 13, 2013
Please does anybody know whether amazon has a day that they give discounts in their goods, like a holiday.and how many percent discounts do they give exactly
Re: Buying Online From Amazon by walezy14(m): 2:20pm On Sep 13, 2013
What are those goods you import without custom duty charges? Please can somebody tell me.
Re: Buying Online From Amazon by texaco1: 2:22pm On Sep 13, 2013
sonyc00: Please does anybody know whether amazon has a day that they give discounts in their goods, like a holiday.and how many percent discounts do they give exactly
yes they do just like ebay too.
Re: Buying Online From Amazon by sonyc00(m): 7:50pm On Sep 13, 2013
texaco1:
yes they do just like ebay too.
what days are those and how many percent of discounts do they give
Re: Buying Online From Amazon by Gmanc(m): 10:11am On Sep 14, 2013
arbitrage:

You don't tell DHL to deliver in your house, that is their business to do. A courier company like DHL, UPS or Fedex is paid to deliver at your doorstep. It is your shipper/mail forwarder and not DHL that you can tell which courier to be used for your service if they have more than one they use. DHL delivering your item at home does not mean that they will not ask you to come and pay customs dues before delivery if you understand my earlier post.
pls guide me on hw to buy product frm GERMANY and ship down to naija
Re: Buying Online From Amazon by kachiz(m): 4:27pm On Sep 14, 2013
check out oandogadgets.com. you pay them and they buy it and also do the shipping. they charge a % of the weight and tax.
Re: Buying Online From Amazon by chukel(m): 6:26pm On Sep 14, 2013
Thank God for dis thread. It has given me a lot of insight as I wanted to order nd ship sm auto parts frm amazon thru impex. But I tink I wud hold on for nw. Pls I wish sm1 can highlight more on d shipping charges of some of dis companies givin specific examples of item bought, its weight, cost of shippin nd time of arrival. For those who have used GT mastercard on amazon, do u need activation code/ token from GT or u just need d codes infront nd behind d card? Pls sm1 shud throw more light on dis as I heard shipping lines rip off customers.
Re: Buying Online From Amazon by chukel(m): 6:28pm On Sep 14, 2013
arbitrage:

I wouldn't know what you mean by you are young with visa card and that you don't have mastercard. Is anyone telling you lies that Visa card is for young people and mastercard for adult? Don't believe such fables. The money you have in your card is what matters.

Back to your questions and concerns, you can order from Amazon with your Ecobank visa card. You do not need a dollar card as the other GT mastercard holder proposed. I have bought things from Amazon with both Visa and Mastercard in Naira denominations without using dollar card. I bought both small items (like Blu Ray discs) and big items (like 3DTV) using my naira cards successfully on Amazon.

On the shipping, there are many forwarders like myUS.com (that requires subscription payment) and free option like myamericanshipper.com but the bottom line is your choice of whether you are considering fast arrival of your items or cheaper cost of shipping your item. If you want fast delivery, myUS is good as they used DHL to bring my items. My 3DTV left US and got to Lagos between 2 and 3 days. While longer shippers like aascargo.com will take weeks but at very cheaper rate. But the problem I experienced with shipping from shippers is with the DHL guys in Nigeria after arrival. They will clear your item and ask you to come and pay outrageous amount for custom duty pretending to be the reason your item is delayed. They have the item already but they make those deals in connivance with others. In fact, I paid N116,000 to DHL as custom charges before they brought my 3DTV in May this year. I have never paid any fees for shipment that came through Fedex and that one honestly was the only one I had to pay through DHL. Same DHL delivered electronics I order online from Germany just yesterday in my house without asking for custom fee, whereas a colleagues was telling me two days ago that they asked him to come and pay more than the cost of item and shipping when he ordered stylish beaded curtains from China's Aliexpress. He had to raise eyebrow to DHL Africa corporate and requested that it be returned to custom for re-appraisal before custom reportedly said he has no due/charge to pay on the item. Meaning that some DHL guys are crooks.

So, your item can get to you in Aba if you use myUS or others but make your choice between speed or cost to decide your delivery because you already have all it takes to purchase from Amazon.
Pls, hw many inches is d TV nd hw much was the shipping cost
Re: Buying Online From Amazon by forexjoy: 7:02pm On Sep 14, 2013
arbitrage:

This is a big eyes opener too. I use myus and they re pretty cool until recently when they begin to send my items one after the other instead of compressing it together in a box and ship together. How can you ship an iPad car charger today and ship another item tomorrow.

What website did u buy from, from Germany.

Thanks.
Re: Buying Online From Amazon by mintyx(m): 7:21pm On Sep 14, 2013
You may want to check out this thread. This is discussed there.
nairaland.com/1418753/how-buy-things-us-get
Re: Buying Online From Amazon by fuckerholic(m): 8:23am On Aug 10, 2015
texaco1:

How may I tal to you on phone ? I want to buy something from amazon.
Re: Buying Online From Amazon by fuckerholic(m): 8:27am On Aug 10, 2015
arbitrage:

Pls bro how do I go about it ? I want to buy something on amazon but don't know how to go about it.I mean the proceedures.I have obtained a visa debit card.pls how may I talk to you on whatsapp so I can explain more to you for your help. Thanks
Re: Buying Online From Amazon by fuckerholic(m): 8:31am On Aug 10, 2015
kachiz:
check out oandogadgets.com. you pay them and they buy it and also do the shipping. they charge a % of the weight and tax.
Pls which people is that ? Help clarify more on it thanks..
Re: Buying Online From Amazon by texaco1: 7:04am On Aug 14, 2015
fuckerholic:

How may I tal to you on phone ? I want to buy something from amazon.
please kindly send us an email or contact our man in ibadan

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Lucrative Business Can 500k Start / POCKITZ - How To Make Money With Trending Videos / Which Business Can I Start With 1.5M?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.