Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,469 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Should We Totally Trust The Holy Books - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should We Totally Trust The Holy Books (817 Views)

What Does The Holy Books Really Say About Alcohol?? / "Bibles Or Any Other Holy Books Of Any Other Religions Do Not Equal Wisdom" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should We Totally Trust The Holy Books by tobechi20(m): 5:12pm On Sep 04, 2013
The Bible, and quaran are unarguably an incredible book. Itis the best-selling, most quoted, most published, most circulated, most translated, most influential book in the history of mankind.

But why should anyone believe that these religious books are actuallytrue?
• How can we know that the Books isn't just an ancient book of mythology

* havent these books been tampered with

*hasnt key words been lost during language translate

*since they are written centuries ago, arent they em....old fashioned. Are they still relevant to todays world

* the two books cand definiely be correct, one is or none is
Re: Should We Totally Trust The Holy Books by Mynd44: 5:47pm On Sep 04, 2013
Trust them? Yes

totally and completely trust them? Hell no
Re: Should We Totally Trust The Holy Books by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:23pm On Sep 04, 2013
The Quran was plagiarized from Bible and some ancient myth. Bible contain most of summerian text, egyptian myths and lot of manipulations.

It both false....
Re: Should We Totally Trust The Holy Books by Nobody: 9:30pm On Sep 04, 2013
Hey Tobe,

I believe firmly that Sacred scriptures (Bible) can be trusted and it is very relevant in our modern world.

However, I do not trust the way some persons interpret it or apply it in our time.
Re: Should We Totally Trust The Holy Books by Nobody: 10:45pm On Sep 04, 2013
Of the 27 books of the NT only 8 can be ascribed to their declared authors. The 7 undisputed letters of Paul and the revelation of John, though he does not claim to be any particular John. The deutero-Pauline documents are obviously not the work of Paul neither are the pastoral epistles, 2 Peter is an obvious forgery by a writer who has tried to pass himself off as Simon Peter. The synoptics are just as bad, they are not written by any of the named authors, worse, not one of them actually knew Jesus or even knew anyone who knew him, naturally the four gospel writers do not agree on anything other than the fact that Jesus was crucified, the devil is well and truly in the detail. The NT is riddled with forgeries and historical inconsistencies as to render it pretty useless other than as exceptional prose. Modern revised versions of the NT with their subtle redactions, omissions and re-interpretations have merely compounded the problems. Further, the Old testament is a thousand fold worse.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should We Totally Trust The Holy Books by tobechi74: 6:38am On Sep 05, 2013
Mynd_44: Trust them? Yes

totally and completely trust them? Hell no

agree. I personally view these books as a guadiance .but the way,we religious carry am for head ehh, it baffels me. You ask a question and everyone searches for their holybook to give scripturan verses
Re: Should We Totally Trust The Holy Books by Nobody: 6:53am On Sep 05, 2013
striktlymi: Hey Tobe,

I believe firmly that Sacred scriptures (Bible) can be trusted and it is very relevant in our modern world.

However, I do not trust the way some persons interpret it or apply it in our time.

So who has the right interpretations? How do you know the right interpretation?
Re: Should We Totally Trust The Holy Books by tobechi74: 7:11am On Sep 05, 2013
FOLYKAZE: The Quran was plagiarized from Bible and some ancient myth. Bible contain most of summerian text, egyptian myths and lot of manipulations.

It both false....

then whar should we trust??
Re: Should We Totally Trust The Holy Books by italo: 7:56am On Sep 05, 2013
Trust in the interpretation of the Church.

They have the mandate to teach the faithful, not the Bible.
Re: Should We Totally Trust The Holy Books by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:49am On Sep 05, 2013
tobechi74:

then whar should we trust??

Are you not a human? Trust yourself, your brain
Re: Should We Totally Trust The Holy Books by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 05, 2013
aManFromMars:

So who has the right interpretations? How do you know the right interpretation?

If by 'interpretation' you mean 'translation' then that's not what I am talking about.
Re: Should We Totally Trust The Holy Books by truthislight: 4:07pm On Sep 05, 2013
tobechi20:

The Bible, and quaran are unarguably an incredible book.

incredible books ! ? I dont know what you have in mind.

tobechi20:

Itis the best-selling,

Bible ? Yes !
I dont think bible and koran sells at the same rate.

tobechi20:

most quoted,

bible ? Yes !
I dont think the bible and koran are quoted at the same rate.

tobechi20:

most published,

bible ? Yes ! I dont think bible and koran are publish at the same rate. Google it, the difference is clear.

tobechi20:

most circulated,

bible ? Yes !

I dont think the koran is circulated at the same rate as the bible.

tobechi20:

most translated,

the bible ? Yes !

When did they started the translation of the koran that you can compare it with the bible ?

tobechi20:

most influential

in what way ?

dont let me talk o. grin

tobechi20:

But why should anyone believe that these religious books are actuallytrue?

that ^ is why you compared the bible with the koran the way you did so that you can vilefied the bible.

You have not stated your aims yet.

When you have, we shall see.

tobechi20:

• How can we know that the Books isn't just an ancient book of mythology

* havent these books been tampered with

*hasnt key words been lost during language translate

*since they are written centuries ago, arent they em....old fashioned. Are they still relevant to todays world

* the two books cand definiely be correct, one is or none is

when you are ready to say the truth, pick them one at a time.

For now, you are chasing shadows.

Free the bible even though you are not doing what it says.

Peace
Re: Should We Totally Trust The Holy Books by rabzy: 7:09pm On Sep 05, 2013
Sarassin: Of the 27 books of the NT only 8 can be ascribed to their declared authors. The 7 undisputed letters of Paul and the revelation of John, though he does not claim to be any particular John. The deutero-Pauline documents are obviously not the work of Paul neither are the pastoral epistles, 2 Peter is an obvious forgery by a writer who has tried to pass himself off as Simon Peter. The synoptics are just as bad, they are not written by any of the named authors, worse, not one of them actually knew Jesus or even knew anyone who knew him, naturally the four gospel writers do not agree on anything other than the fact that Jesus was crucified, the devil is well and truly in the detail. The NT is riddled with forgeries and historical inconsistencies as to render it pretty useless other than as exceptional prose. Modern revised versions of the NT with their subtle redactions, omissions and re-interpretations have merely compounded the problems. Further, the Old testament is a thousand fold worse.

Tales by the moonlight....
Re: Should We Totally Trust The Holy Books by tobechi74: 12:16am On Sep 08, 2013
truthislight:

incredible books ! ? I dont know what you have in mind.

Bible ? Yes !
I dont think bible and koran sells at the same rate.

bible ? Yes !
I dont think the bible and koran are quoted at the same rate.

bible ? Yes ! I dont think bible and koran are publish at the same rate. Google it, the difference is clear.

bible ? Yes !

I dont think the koran is circulated at the same rate as the bible.

the bible ? Yes !

When did they started the translation of the koran that you can compare it with the bible ?

in what way ?

dont let me talk o. grin

that ^ is why you compared the bible with the koran the way you did so that you can vilefied the bible.

You have not stated your aims yet.

When you have, we shall see.

when you are ready to say the truth, pick them one at a time.

For now, you are chasing shadows.

Free the bible even though you are not doing what it says.

Peace

na wa for uoooo

(1) (Reply)

Is Devil Holy?because He Saw God / Non-believers(atheists). Lets Share Our Experiences. / Why Some Pastors Lie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.