Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,694 members, 7,823,949 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Religion Has Failed Nigeria. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Has Failed Nigeria. (830 Views)

Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare / Has Religion Failed Nigeria At 53 Years? For And Against / Which Religion Has Largest Number Of Population (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Religion Has Failed Nigeria. by bolaino(m): 7:45pm On Jul 16, 2014
Religion has failed Nigerians the two major religions of this country, one has become a breeding ground for terrorists the other has become a breeding ground for fraudulent people. On Fridays and sundays we see people trooping to their various places of worship, but after the close of worship we all go back to living fraudulent and terrorist lives. What a shame, the problems we are facing today is not as a result of our unbelief in God, but because of our distorted belief in God, we do not have any fear of God in us. That's why we are suffering today, organised religion has failed us in this country, and I think stricter laws should be put to curb religious extremism. We can not be divided by ethnicity and even more divided by religion, how can we stand? Let us all curb religious extremism and religious fanatics.

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Failed Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 16, 2014
Are you an atheist? I know atheists use the phrase 'organized religion' a lot.

Back to topic. Whoever asked you to follow religion? Isn't that what Christ attacked while on earth? If you're ever serious about getting saved, look for a living church like Deeper Life or Apostolic Faith and don't waste your days on religion.

The problems you highlighted above are all mentioned in passages of Bible such as Mat 24 - 26. Change yourself and then affect your world positively.

And... mind the way you use the word "we". A man, while preaching, said "We're all sinners." After his preaching, a respected man of God took the microphone and gently but solemnly said, "We are not all sinners. Some of us have repented."

Religion may have failed Nigeria, but Christ hasn't.

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Failed Nigeria. by AdeniyiA(m): 7:59pm On Jul 16, 2014
we're simply a nation of religious but ungodly people

2 Likes

Re: Religion Has Failed Nigeria. by bolaino(m): 8:08pm On Jul 16, 2014
smurfy: Are you an atheist? I know atheists use the phrase 'organized religion' a lot.

Back to topic. Whoever asked you to follow religion? Isn't that what Christ attacked while on earth? If you're ever serious about getting saved, look for a living church like Deeper Life and don't waste your days on religion.

The problems you highlighted above are all mentioned in passages of Bible such as Mat 24 - 26. Change yourself and then affect your world positively.

And mind the way you use the word "we". A man, while preaching, said
No I'm not an Atheist, I believe in God, but I do not believe in Religion, is deeper life not part of the problem? christianity is as much problem as islam, Religion is used for control, according to the bible Jesus was not a christian, and jesus did not tell anybody to serve him. Who wrote the bible? Who wrote the quran? Let us free ourselves from mental slavery, I am sure you believe God is a white man sitting on a white throne in a white heaven. Deeper life is not the solution to Nigeria's problem. Rather it is part of the problem.

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Failed Nigeria. by bolaino(m): 8:09pm On Jul 16, 2014
AdeniyiA: we're simply a nation of religious but ungodly people
well said.
Re: Religion Has Failed Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 16, 2014
bolaino: No I'm not an Atheist, I believe in God, but I do not believe in Religion, is deeper life not part of the problem? christianity is as much problem as islam, Religion is used for control, according to the bible Jesus was not a christian, and jesus did not tell anybody to serve him. Who wrote the bible? Who wrote the quran? Let us free ourselves from mental slavery, I am sure you believe God is a white man sitting on a white throne in a white heaven. Deeper life is not the solution to Nigeria's problem. Rather it is part of the problem.

I don't have the time to argue with you. What I put above isn't necessarily for you but for those who love the truth. I also know you're trying to make FP or something like that. It ain't gonna work. You'll probably get a couple of posts and then your poor thread'll get dumped. smiley
Re: Religion Has Failed Nigeria. by nairalife2013(m): 8:22pm On Jul 16, 2014
I think we have failed ourselves, not religion. Religion is God. God is the I am the I am. Unchangeable. Everyone has gone his own way but God is still there waiting. Where He is waiting is called EVERYWHERE. We have d choice to kill and defraud. We have the choice to do as we wish. We hav d choice to be ignorant. We have the choice to kill and we have the choice to believe we are killing for God. We have d choice to defraud and take d spoils to d alter of God and we also have d choice to believe such offerings are accepted by God. U cannot change the world. There will always be d good, the bad, and d ugly, till judgement day. But we can change our ways and reason with the Lord and shun extreme ideas in service of God. We can turn a new leaf and forgive and hav mercy and desist from greedy yearnings for the things of d world. If we are moderate, we can eat and remain for a brother, for d wisdom dat everything is vanity is a great wisdom. Fear the world, not for itz greatness and invincibilty, for these it has none, but for itz nothingness and vulnerability, for these it has all.

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Failed Nigeria. by bolaino(m): 8:23pm On Jul 16, 2014
smurfy:

I don't have the time to argue with you. What I put above isn't necessarily for you but for those who love the truth. I also know you're trying to make FP or something like that. It ain't gonna work. You'll probably get a couple of posts and then your poor thread'll get dumped. smiley
hmmmm, you really don't know me, ask around, nairaland is no longer fun, i just created the topic to express an opinion. But it's all good, no hard feelings.
Re: Religion Has Failed Nigeria. by qstar(m): 8:26pm On Jul 16, 2014
smurfy:

I don't have the time to argue with you. What I put above isn't necessarily for you but for those who love the truth

That awkward moment when a fanatic claims to know the truth...

3 Likes

Re: Religion Has Failed Nigeria. by bolaino(m): 8:26pm On Jul 16, 2014
nairalife2013: I think we have failed ourselves, not religion. Religion is God. God is the I am the I am. Unchangeable. Everyone has gone his own way but God is still there waiting. Where He is waiting is called EVERYWHERE. We have d choice to kill and defraud. We have the choice to do as we wish. We hav d choice to be ignorant. We have the choice to kill and we have the choice to believe we are killing for God. We have d choice to defraud and take d spoils to d alter of God and we also have d choice to believe such offerings are accepted by God. U cannot change the world. There will always be d good, the bad, and d ugly, till judgement day. But we can change our ways and reason with the Lord and shun extreme ideas in service of God. We can turn a new leaf and forgive and hav mercy and desist from greedy yearnings for the things of d world. If we are moderate, we can eat and remain for a brother, for d wisdom dat everything is vanity is a great wisdom. Fear the world, not for itz greatness and invincibilty, for these it has none, but for itz nothingness and vulnerability, for these it has all.
hmmm, beautiful words on marble.

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Failed Nigeria. by nairalife2013(m): 8:34pm On Jul 16, 2014
smurfy:

your kind of Christianity is not christlike. Your tone is too derogatory and demeaning. This is not a poor thread pls. Even if it were, must u come dat hard on some1 u seemingly intend to correct or convert? Secondly u accused d op of trying to make fp! Why pls give him some space and some respect. Pstr Kumuyi or is it Oyedepo are extremely humble men in d physical . Look at your letters! Son, Who is thy father?

1 Like

Re: Religion Has Failed Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 16, 2014
bolaino: hmmmm, you really don't know me, ask around, nairaland is no longer fun, i just created the topic to express an opinion. But it's all good, no hard feelings.

Ditto smiley
Re: Religion Has Failed Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jul 16, 2014
nairalife2013: your kind of Christianity is not christlike. Your tone is too derogatory and demeaning. This is not a poor thread pls. Even if it were, must u come dat hard on some1 u seemingly intend to correct or convert? Secondly u accused d op of trying to make fp! Why pls give him some space and some respect. Pstr Kumuyi or is it oyedepi are extremely humble men in d physical . Look at your letters! Son, Who is thy father?

Eeeya! I'm sorry for my "un-christlike" sermon.

Serious mode ON cool

The truth is Jesus, Elijah, Moses, Peter, Jonah etc. all gave it to the people raw. The reason many are not converted today is because this way of preaching has been abandoned for the humanistic, hair-brushed modern deception called preaching. Telling the truth and being hard go together. Good parents do it to their children. I could go on... I'm hungry jare.
Re: Religion Has Failed Nigeria. by italo: 8:58pm On Jul 16, 2014
My religion hasn't failed anybody.

It teaches us to love. It teaches us to go as far as forgiving those who bomb us in our churches...rather than retaliating.

Catholic Church built the first hospital in this country. It continues to run numerous schools, hospitals and charities.

It takes care of the helpless citizens you abandon.

Yet you say we failed you.

How can you be pleased, this evil generation?

undecided
Re: Religion Has Failed Nigeria. by nairalife2013(m): 9:19pm On Jul 16, 2014
smurfy:

Eeeya! I'm sorry for my "un-christlike" sermon.

Serious mode ON cool

The truth is Jesus, Elijah, Moses, Peter, Jonah etc. all gave it to the people raw. The reason many are not converted today is because this way of preaching has been abandoned for the humanistic, hair-brushed modern deception called preaching. Telling the truth and being hard go together. Good parents do it to their children. I could go on... I'm hungry jare.
interesting. Proudly UnRepentant... Halfbaked apologist.u insulted d op and ran way. He is a gentleman. Am not d one u should forward your sorry to. Hmmm By His spirit He hath garnished the heavens, His hands hath formed d crooked serpent; Job 26:13 kjv. Using invectives(raw) as a strategy to win souls. Thanks. I don't want to know your father again. Bye bye
Re: Religion Has Failed Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jul 16, 2014
nairalife2013: interesting. Proudly UnRepentant... Halfbaked apologist.u insulted d op and ran way. He is a gentleman. Am not d one u should forward your sorry to. Hmmm By His spirit He hath garnished the heavens, His hands hath formed d crooked serpent; Job 26:13 kjv. Using invectives(raw) as a strategy to win souls. Thanks. I don't want to know your father again. Bye bye

Bye bye and good night smiley
Re: Religion Has Failed Nigeria. by Judas2013: 10:25pm On Jul 16, 2014
bolaino: Religion has failed Nigerians the two major religions of this country, one has become a breeding ground for terrorists the other has become a breeding ground for fraudulent people. On Fridays and sundays we see people trooping to their various places of worship, but after the close of worship we all go back to living fraudulent and terrorist lives. What a shame, the problems we are facing today is not as a result of our unbelief in God, but because of our distorted belief in God, we do not have any fear of God in us. That's why we are suffering today, organised religion has failed us in this country, and I think stricter laws should be put to curb religious extremism. We can not be divided by ethnicity and even more divided by religion, how can we stand? Let us all curb religious extremism and religious fanatics.

God is the reason our country is a failure. Over reliance on God has made Nigerians lazy and less productive unlike other societies. The Universe owes us nothing. Its either your hustle,use critical thinking or you go hungry and die. The invention of fire made our primitive race survive the harsh winter,otherwise they wouldn't have survived. without God,there will be no religion.

2 Likes

Re: Religion Has Failed Nigeria. by bolaino(m): 10:33pm On Jul 16, 2014
Judas2013:

God is the reason our country is a failure. Over reliance on God has made Nigerians lazy and less productive unlike other societies. The Universe owes us nothing. Its either your hustle,use critical thinking or you go hungry and die. The invention of fire made our primitive race survive the harsh winter,otherwise they wouldn't have survived. without God,there will be no religion.

you have a point though, but I believe it's our concept of God that's the problem not God, God is perfect and God created the universe perfectly, we as humans are not just making good use of our freewill, God gave us all freewill. Most people are ignorant about what freewill is.

(1) (Reply)

Muslims Watch This And Click Like If You Agree ( Warning mildly graphic ) / HISTORY OF WORK OF GLORY MISSION INC. / Controversial Pastor Lesego Stepping On His Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.