Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

Why Are So Many Nigerians Abroad So Arrogrant? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Are So Many Nigerians Abroad So Arrogrant? (1253 Views)

Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 / Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home / Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are So Many Nigerians Abroad So Arrogrant? by nijasucks(f): 12:45am On Sep 05, 2013
Hi, may I please get an answer to this question? Almost all Nigerians living in abroad seem to be so cocky and arrogant, considering themselves the best of the best. They see themselves as better than everyone else while in reality their lives are worse than the rest of ours. This really infuriates me and I would like to know what type of thinking causes you guys to behave like this? Please answer me and thanks in advance.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerians Abroad So Arrogrant? by MMotimo: 12:57am On Sep 05, 2013
nijasucks: Hi, may I please get an answer to this question? Almost all Nigerians living in abroad seem to be so cocky and arrogant, considering themselves the best of the best. They see themselves as better than everyone else while in reality their lives are worse than the rest of ours. This really infuriates me and I would like to know what type of thinking causes you guys to behave like this? Please answer me and thanks in advance.

WORD! Tell them!!

Just because they stowed away on airplanes to reach North Korea, just because they get paid $8 an hour to clean the subway and carry shit, they think they are better. Who no know say they have no savings, can't drive G Wagons like us and have to OMG shocked go carry mortgage before dem buy house!!!! The true Naijas dey inside Naija, reaping where they did not sow, picking gold from the streets, five N5000/month housegals, 5 luxury cars decorating the car ports with ten N35000/mo drivers on standby, monthly vacations to the best cities around the world, kids in overpriced schools with the ability to travel overseas for dental checkups. Oh, dis Naija life sweeeeeet!

These Oyinbo Naijas think they can oppress us because of ordinary flowing water and steady electricity they make noise about mtcheeeeeeew angry
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerians Abroad So Arrogrant? by nijasucks(f): 1:03am On Sep 05, 2013
MMotimo:

WORD! Tell them!!

Just because they stowed away on airplanes to reach North Korea, just because they get paid $8 an hour to clean the subway and carry shit, they think they are better. Who no know say they have no savings, can't drive G Wagons like us and have to OMG shocked go carry mortgage before dem buy house!!!! The true Naijas dey inside Naija, reaping where they did not sow, picking gold from the streets, five N5000/month housegals, 5 luxury cars decorating the car ports with ten N35000/mo drivers on standby, monthly vacations to the best cities around the world, kids in overpriced schools with the ability to travel overseas for dental checkups. Oh, dis Naija life sweeeeeet!

These Oyinbo Naijas think they can oppress us because of ordinary flowing water and steady electricity they make noise about mtcheeeeeeew angry

I live in the US though lol... but I agree. The majority of them here seem to be so be so full of themselves. I can't really testify to how they act back in Nigeria though. Are they worse? o:
Good to know you're having a good life mate. Happy for you.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerians Abroad So Arrogrant? by rotciv2011(m): 8:45am On Sep 05, 2013
Okay, I must confess this is true of Naijans in diaspora. It's not enough that they are snobs back in Nigeria, they also act up with their fellow countrymen over here. It was so funny seeing how one of them completely acted like I was trash for many days until he knew the kinda job I did (I think he works as a life-guard at a swimming pool or something). You needed to see how instantly he changed.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerians Abroad So Arrogrant? by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 05, 2013
nijasucks:
I live in the US though lol... but I agree. The majority of them here seem to be so be so full of themselves. I can't really testify to how they act back in Nigeria though. Are they worse? o:
Good to know you're having a good life mate. Happy for you.

Are you any better?
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerians Abroad So Arrogrant? by Gbenge77(m): 11:20am On Sep 06, 2013
The proliferation of Nid vs Nin threads now reaches a crescendo.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerians Abroad So Arrogrant? by Watermelon(m): 4:30am On Sep 07, 2013
ferdimako:

Are you any better?
Exactly,

Her write up depicts her as one of the one people she is trying to describe.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerians Abroad So Arrogrant? by 25omega(m): 1:38pm On Sep 07, 2013
ferdimako:

Are you any better?
she isn't. in fact she is a contradiction. if you look at her screen name she already think the country sucks and then she asks about arrogance of people living abroad.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerians Abroad So Arrogrant? by justwise(m): 2:05pm On Sep 07, 2013
25omega: she isn't. in fact she is a contradiction. if you look at her screen name she already think the country sucks and then she asks about arrogance of people living abroad.

Typical example of 2faced hypocrite.
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerians Abroad So Arrogrant? by gbollykore: 2:39am On Sep 08, 2013
I THINK IT HAS TO DO WITH INDIVIDUALS, A PROUD MAN THAT LIVES IN NIGERIA IS A PROUD MAN ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD AND AN HUMBLE PERSON IS AN HUMBLE PERSON ANYWHERE HE OR SHE FINDS HIS OR HERSELF
JUST LIKE A GREEDY PERSON IS A GREEDY PERSON ANYWHERE HE FINDS HIS OR HERSELF

PLEASE DO NOT CONCLUDE!
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerians Abroad So Arrogrant? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 08, 2013
gbollykore: I THINK IT HAS TO DO WITH INDIVIDUALS, A PROUD MAN THAT LIVES IN NIGERIA IS A PROUD MAN ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD AND AN HUMBLE PERSON IS AN HUMBLE PERSON ANYWHERE HE OR SHE FINDS HIS OR HERSELF
JUST LIKE A GREEDY PERSON IS A GREEDY PERSON ANYWHERE HE FINDS HIS OR HERSELF

PLEASE DO NOT CONCLUDE!

True talk
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerians Abroad So Arrogrant? by Mamacita007(f): 8:30pm On Sep 08, 2013
meaningless thread
Re: Why Are So Many Nigerians Abroad So Arrogrant? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 08, 2013
Mamacita007: meaningless thread

Meaningless post

(1) (Reply)

. / MMIA, Lagos - 5th Busiest Airport In Africa / Uk Visit Visa Refused. Urgent Help Needed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.