Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,230 members, 7,811,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

HIV Vaccine Reported To Be Successful In Trials By Canadian University - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / HIV Vaccine Reported To Be Successful In Trials By Canadian University (19595 Views)

Sad! Photos Of Jummie,Girl Falsely Reported To Be Vomiting Blood Because Of Runs / Court Legalises Abalaka's HIV Vaccine, 16 Years After / HIV Vaccine Reported To Be Successful In Trials By Canadian University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HIV Vaccine Reported To Be Successful In Trials By Canadian University by twentyk(m): 3:58pm On Sep 05, 2013
okay.
Re: HIV Vaccine Reported To Be Successful In Trials By Canadian University by roymary: 3:59pm On Sep 05, 2013
Not a cure but no contraction if vaccinated. Good job
Re: HIV Vaccine Reported To Be Successful In Trials By Canadian University by sanandreas(m): 3:59pm On Sep 05, 2013
I will get there. Am close
Re: HIV Vaccine Reported To Be Successful In Trials By Canadian University by lifestyle1(m): 4:02pm On Sep 05, 2013
scipher: grin good buy condoms. #teamskin

welcome unwanted babies...
Re: HIV Vaccine Reported To Be Successful In Trials By Canadian University by ULSHERLAN(m): 4:03pm On Sep 05, 2013
playah P: I've never had unprotected sexxxx since I was born..... Prevention or no prevention, that wouldn't change a thing for me!!
Then u sure avnt enjoyed the pussss.y
Re: HIV Vaccine Reported To Be Successful In Trials By Canadian University by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 05, 2013
It's always a thing of joy seeing men/women who are putting their brains to work. May God help me leave a mark in the world.
Re: HIV Vaccine Reported To Be Successful In Trials By Canadian University by Swagakid(m): 4:04pm On Sep 05, 2013
e dey sweet ma belle yamayama.......
Re: HIV Vaccine Reported To Be Successful In Trials By Canadian University by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 05, 2013
Go UWO!
Re: HIV Vaccine Reported To Be Successful In Trials By Canadian University by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 05, 2013
goodbye grin grin grin

Welcome over population.
Welcome increase in d price of garri.
Re: HIV Vaccine Reported To Be Successful In Trials By Canadian University by Chimezie198(m): 4:16pm On Sep 05, 2013
Okada please stop me here
Re: HIV Vaccine Reported To Be Successful In Trials By Canadian University by Decryptor(m): 4:23pm On Sep 05, 2013
KAI! Raw thinz from now on
Re: HIV Vaccine Reported To Be Successful In Trials By Canadian University by jayblinx(m): 4:25pm On Sep 05, 2013
Elliotwiz1: Oh God, these people should not find the cure to AIDs...immorality would become the order of the day#praying fervently....
its 1 thing to respect God...and anoda thng 2 kip his love..atleast pray dat the cure comes so children wud b free...dnt b wicked....u may contact mistakenly 2moro

2 Likes

Re: HIV Vaccine Reported To Be Successful In Trials By Canadian University by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 05, 2013
Why ey no go dey sucessful, abi nobi from Oyinbo land i here say them get the antidote?
Re: HIV Vaccine Reported To Be Successful In Trials By Canadian University by laminaria(m): 4:32pm On Sep 05, 2013
Good news of d week!........oya collabo on point,
I hail all d fuckees n fuckers in d house....ma our tenacity,ability,n ba3 neva run down........whr is folakemi dat use to demand for kini-kini?
Re: HIV Vaccine Reported To Be Successful In Trials By Canadian University by Dapo4u(m): 4:35pm On Sep 05, 2013
The findings are from a phase I clinical trial. The main objective behind a phase I clinical trial is to ascertain the safety of the vaccine in human population. Then it goes to phase II- an overlap between safety and efficacy of the vaccine in an unbiased and rigorous randomised controlled trial. Then the trial goes to phase III-effectiveness of the vaccine in a real world. Until then zip up.

2 Likes

Re: HIV Vaccine Reported To Be Successful In Trials By Canadian University by moshino(m): 4:36pm On Sep 05, 2013

There are other STIs/STDs, that can equally kill you,or make it impossible for you to procreate, and are equally a danger to your health and well being. Besides, this PROPOSED vaccine still has a long way to go before getting approved, if EVER it gets to that stage..

2 Likes

Re: HIV Vaccine Reported To Be Successful In Trials By Canadian University by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 05, 2013
Elliotwiz1: Oh God, these people should not find the cure to AIDs...immorality would become the order of the day#praying fervently....
mumu, mayb u have the virus unknownlingly! Get real!

1 Like

Re: HIV Vaccine Reported To Be Successful In Trials By Canadian University by 1shortblackboy: 4:42pm On Sep 05, 2013
ok can we have that dislike button now ? angry undecided

1 Like

Re: HIV Vaccine Reported To Be Successful In Trials By Canadian University by Raypawer(m): 4:43pm On Sep 05, 2013
hollandis: If na Nigeria ,dem go use threat silence the man.useless county

as the've already silenced many
Re: HIV Vaccine Reported To Be Successful In Trials By Canadian University by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 05, 2013
This is only phase 1 trial for safety of vaccine !! Phase 2 & 3 determines its usability. Some HIV vaccine candidates failed on phase III stage. Be safe pals wink
Re: HIV Vaccine Reported To Be Successful In Trials By Canadian University by tpapi: 4:53pm On Sep 05, 2013
We v hed all dis kind of stories b4, wat d world wants to hear now is a verifiable cure n not speculations
Re: HIV Vaccine Reported To Be Successful In Trials By Canadian University by maclatunji: 4:56pm On Sep 05, 2013
A major side effect would be if the "inactive" virus becomes active after vaccinating millions of people. Such a new strain of the virus would potentially be more lethal.

A note of caution should be attached to this tale.
Re: HIV Vaccine Reported To Be Successful In Trials By Canadian University by Seun(m): 4:58pm On Sep 05, 2013
maclatunji: A major side effect would be if the "inactive" virus becomes active after vaccinating millions of people. Such a new strain of the virus would potentially be more lethal.
Has this ever happened before with vaccines for other diseases?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HIV Vaccine Reported To Be Successful In Trials By Canadian University by Nobody: 5:14pm On Sep 05, 2013
....Until then..use your condoms and be faithful to your partner.
Re: HIV Vaccine Reported To Be Successful In Trials By Canadian University by Burger01(m): 5:15pm On Sep 05, 2013
I wouldn't be surprised if America releases cure for hiv tomorrow..undecided They know about this hiv more than the eyes can see and mouth can say. America! Smh .
Re: HIV Vaccine Reported To Be Successful In Trials By Canadian University by Aliki(m): 5:17pm On Sep 05, 2013
ighoosagie: ,one discovery leads 2 d abolition of another, breakthrough in HIV wud mk condoms go extinction and increases birth rate.

I smell end time over population

I like.
Your brain is in top form!
Re: HIV Vaccine Reported To Be Successful In Trials By Canadian University by Burger01(m): 5:18pm On Sep 05, 2013
Seun: Has this ever happened before with vaccines for other diseases?
Don't mind him. Na enemy of humanity. Maybe he did and carried out a research to argument his fallacy... undecided
Re: HIV Vaccine Reported To Be Successful In Trials By Canadian University by maclatunji: 5:27pm On Sep 05, 2013
Seun: Has this ever happened before with vaccines for other diseases?

It is not impossible. Read the following (excuse the formatting, I am on phone):

Can you get a disease from the
vaccine that’s supposed to prevent it?
And why do some vaccines have live
pathogens but others have killed
pathogens?

Vaccines that are made with killed
versions of pathogens—or with only a
part of the pathogen—are not able to
cause illness. When a person receives
these vaccines, it is impossible for
him or her to become ill with the
disease.

Live, attenuated (or weakened)
vaccines are theoretically capable
of causing illness: because they can
still replicate (though not well),
mutation is possible, which can result
in a virulent form of the pathogen.
However, they are designed with this
in mind, and attenuated to minimize
this possibility. Reversion to virulent
form is a problem with some forms of
the oral polio vaccine (OPV), which is
why only the inactivated form (IPV) is
now used in the United States.
It is important to note that
attenuated vaccines can cause
serious problems for individuals with
weakened immune systems, such as
cancer patients. These individuals
may receive a killed form of the
vaccine if one is available. If not,
their doctors may recommend
against vaccination. In such cases,
individuals rely on herd immunity for
protection.

As to why some vaccines contain live
pathogens and others contain killed
pathogens, the reasons vary by
illness. However, generally speaking,
live, attenuated vaccines generate
longer-lasting immunity than killed
vaccines. Thus, killed vaccines are
more likely to require boosters to
maintain immunity. Killed vaccines,
however, also tend to be more stable
for storage purposes, and can’t cause
illness. The medical community must
weigh these trade-offs in deciding
which approach to use against a
particular disease.

Source: http://m.historyofvaccines.org/content/articles/top-20-questions-about-vaccination

HIV is one heck of a virus, it will probably take a decade or more to prove the safety of a vaccine for it within reason.

2 Likes

Re: HIV Vaccine Reported To Be Successful In Trials By Canadian University by Nobody: 5:37pm On Sep 05, 2013
and who tld u dat it is only 2ru sex one can contact hiv. Jst pray u dnt av it
Re: HIV Vaccine Reported To Be Successful In Trials By Canadian University by Lilimax(f): 5:44pm On Sep 05, 2013
Ishsoph:
shocked
To whom in particular is your annoyance directed my sis,
Naija or Canada
Help me ask am ooo grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Necessity Of Birth Control, Family Planning In Nigeria / Covid-19: Fmic Releases Frequently Asked Questions On Coronavirus / Lagos Discharges Six More Coronavirus Patients

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.