Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,322 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

Phone Gurus-pls Help On This :( - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone Gurus-pls Help On This :( (706 Views)

Phone Gurus Please Your Assistance Is Highly Needed Here / Phone Gurus, What Do We Do Concerning The "Shaving" Policy? / Nairaland Phone Gurus,lg L90 And Samsung Grand Prime,which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phone Gurus-pls Help On This :( by Nobody: 6:57am On Sep 05, 2013
My brother's blackberry was stolen,
but thank God he did a backup of his files and
contacts using blackberry software. Now he
just got a samsung galaxy s3, but we don't
know how to transfer the backup...
Particularly his phone contacts.

Pls is there a way to go about it? Literally
moving a blackberry backed up contact to an
andriod! Thanks in anticipation
Re: Phone Gurus-pls Help On This :( by Rogbese(m): 2:21pm On Sep 05, 2013
check if the contacts backup is in vcf format. If it is, you're in luck. If not, prepare to start typing!!!
cheesy
Re: Phone Gurus-pls Help On This :( by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 05, 2013
Rogbese: check if the contacts backup is in vcf format. If it is, you're in luck. If not, prepare to start typing!!!
cheesy

Loooool the funny thing is that I can't even access it! It is an IPD file. It's just sitting there on my system's desktop staring at me. I have tried opening it, all to no avail sad sad
Re: Phone Gurus-pls Help On This :( by Rogbese(m): 3:20pm On Sep 05, 2013
Hmm. Well this forum is all about helping out. I'll do some research for you and get back to you with whatever I find. cool
Re: Phone Gurus-pls Help On This :( by Rogbese(m): 3:26pm On Sep 05, 2013
Re: Phone Gurus-pls Help On This :( by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 05, 2013
Wow! Thanks so much dear cheesy cheesy you are a life saver smiley smiley I just downloaded the MagicBlackberry... It's indeed a magic grin Everything now makes sense! I really appreciate your help. God bless you!

I guess th next thing to do is to start typing... Or is there a way one can import the files to the andriod directly?
Re: Phone Gurus-pls Help On This :( by Rogbese(m): 10:42pm On Sep 05, 2013
kofsy: Wow! Thanks so much dear cheesy cheesy you are a life saver smiley smiley I just downloaded the MagicBlackberry... It's indeed a magic grin Everything now makes sense! I really appreciate your help. God bless you!

I guess th next thing to do is to start typing... Or is there a way one can import the files to the andriod directly?

You are soo welcome. Glad to have been of assistance. Were you able to export the contacts in csv format? If you were, you should be able to import it directly into the Samsung. Just save it on the SD card, go to contacts (not phone or dialer) and choose import from SD. Let me know how it goes.
Re: Phone Gurus-pls Help On This :( by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 09, 2013
Rogbese:

You are soo welcome. Glad to have been of assistance. Were you able to export the contacts in csv format? If you were, you should be able to import it directly into the Samsung. Just save it on the SD card, go to contacts (not phone or dialer) and choose import from SD. Let me know how it goes.
Hi! Thanks once again and sorry for the late reply. I've actually tried this but when I get to the stage of "import contacts from usb" it sends back an error message that it cannot find ipd file. What could be wrong? Could it be cos there is no external memory card on the phone?
Re: Phone Gurus-pls Help On This :( by Nobody: 3:34pm On Sep 09, 2013
Rogbese:

Hi! Thanks once again and sorry for the late reply. I've actually tried this but when I get to the stage of "import contacts from usb" it sends back an error message that it cannot find ipd file. What could be wrong? Could it be cos there is no external memory card on the phone? Cos I saved the converted csv format on the phone's memory( not using memory card for now since the phone has 16gb inbuilt memory)
Re: Phone Gurus-pls Help On This :( by Rogbese(m): 9:51pm On Sep 09, 2013
Yes, the files need to be on the sd card.
Re: Phone Gurus-pls Help On This :( by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 10, 2013
Ok! Will get a memory card and get back to you. Thanks a lot cheesy
Re: Phone Gurus-pls Help On This :( by Rogbese(m): 4:40pm On Sep 11, 2013
cool grin
Re: Phone Gurus-pls Help On This :( by registered: 2:23pm On Oct 16, 2013
KOFSY COEFOE

(1) (Reply)

AZUSA STREET REVIVAL PROPHECY(1913). / GSM Network Restored In Maiduguri / Battery Ratings Of Top Smartphones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.